TWG XLIII: Finish the Fight

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pntballa18
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2005
    • 3357

    #31
    Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

    To me, you guys are making too much of the wolfing. As far as I know, he was a good player. Good players get wolfed night one. The only reason to actually look into this is if he wasn't that great, but as far as I can tell, he was pretty good.

    ps, for the shela controversy, I say don't just shoot into the darkness. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to wait until there is some hard evidence against someone, and if they don't get lynched for some reason, kill them. I believe this was stated before, but it was somewhere on the last page and I've already typed my whole post.

    pps, about the seer, the only problem I have with the plan of coming out in the public and then getting the alliance started from there is that anyone could come to the seer and claim to be a blue. If they don't do it before the seer gets wolfed, it would be just as easy to come out to the person that replaces the the seer after the wolfing.

    Comment

    • talisman
      Resident Penguin
      FFR Simfile Author
      • May 2003
      • 4598

      #32
      Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

      any person that came to the seer claiming to be a blue would be risking death if another person also claimed to be the same blue. Seer puts both names out there, we vigi one and lynch the other, guaranteed a wolf down.

      Comment

      • mead1
        Cerebellumberjack
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2003
        • 3960

        #33
        Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

        'sup TWG

        I have absolutely nothing to say that has not already be said, and I'm not going to make up some random BS to justify the post. I just wanted to let you all know I'm alive.

        Comment

        • pntballa18
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2005
          • 3357

          #34
          Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

          That's true, but there are problems with that. What if 2 flowers come out(or if there are supposed to be 2, if 3 came out)? We couldn't kill them all, because then, obviously, we would lose the flowers. I would rather have a flower and a wolf around then both of them dead, seeing as the wolf that would fake a roll would be an insignificant wolf role.

          Also, if two shela's come out, I think that we should leave it to them. Most likely, the shela will be wolfed and the wolf will be vigi'd. That takes care of that, and we would also save a lynching.

          Comment

          • iggymatrixcounter
            FFR Veteran
            • Nov 2003
            • 1924

            #35
            Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

            Less than 11 hours left in the day.

            Day ends tonight at 11PM EST.
            lastfm
            PANDORA

            Comment

            • pntballa18
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2005
              • 3357

              #36
              Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

              FoJaR, that logic doesn't make sense. Killing someone every night would be a very stupid move for the vigi to do. Sure, when we (or the vigi) do hit a wolf, we will get some more blues, but it wouldn't be worth it for the shela to vigi someone every night. First of all, it would obviously pose a GIANT risk of hitting humans. There is also a chance of vigi'ing blues, which would cancel out the prize of getting more blues when we do kill a wolf, seeing as a blue would be dead.

              Comment

              • FoJaR
                The Worst
                • Nov 2005
                • 2816

                #37
                Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

                listen, i'm not saying we have to, i'm just saying if we want to use DBP's strategy effectively, we need to hit a red. more kills, more chance of hitting a red.

                seems like pretty simple math to me.

                night one: wolves get a kill

                day one: we get a chance

                night two: wolves get a kill

                OR

                night one: wolves get a kill

                day one: we get a chance

                night two: wolves get a kill, we get another chance

                like you said, shela can make judgement calls after we do hit a red for sure, but until then it's simple probability that we'll hit a red sooner if we use vigi kills.

                Comment

                • Tps222
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 6169

                  #38
                  Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

                  I think Chromer is a wolf just by personal feeling and the type of post he made.

                  Comment

                  • talisman
                    Resident Penguin
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • May 2003
                    • 4598

                    #39
                    Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

                    fish because there's literally nothing to go on and he hasn't tried to contact me yet.

                    my thoughts:

                    I noticed the same thing about chromer that tps voted on, but I read it as possibly going both ways.

                    pntballa... first twg? seems to be trying, which would be notable in a game this inactive except that it's his first.

                    roundbox and rioting: always wolves.

                    omega: would have done something by now if he were a wolf. presumably. maybe not though.

                    the rest: should be possible to figure out based on how/if they vote.

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #40
                      Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

                      so... lol?

                      Comment

                      • iggymatrixcounter
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 1924

                        #41
                        Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

                        Day is over. (For the record)

                        But I am going to be reviewing some options for the next hour.

                        You guys make me absolutely sick!!
                        lastfm
                        PANDORA

                        Comment

                        • Kilgamayan
                          Super Scooter Happy
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2003
                          • 6583

                          #42
                          Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

                          oops
                          I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.

                          Comment

                          • sertman
                            DADALADAH
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Jun 2005
                            • 3910

                            #43
                            Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

                            yeah about that

                            whoops

                            Comment

                            • pntballa18
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2005
                              • 3357

                              #44
                              Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

                              I love how everyone posts after the day is over.

                              Comment

                              • iggymatrixcounter
                                FFR Veteran
                                • Nov 2003
                                • 1924

                                #45
                                Re: TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight

                                Ok here's what I've decided:

                                This game was formed under a lot of different circumstances, namely me changing the rules so people would actually signup. But even when I take that into account, I feel that there is NO excuse for 3 votes during day1.

                                The activity in this game has been terrible and I'm disgusted that you can't be active. I doubt any of you have the initiative to actually start talking because you're afraid to die or whatever your reasons are. You wait for people like me to start it up. Well guess what, I can't start each game up by myself.

                                So I'm doing 2 things:

                                1) I'm giving you another 24 hours for day1. 48 hours should be long enough for you to get on and make a vote, that's why you signed up. If you signed up because of pity, then you signed up for the wrong reason and I'm still holding you accountable. But because the game was formed differently, I feel somewhat obligated to give you this extra time.

                                2) I'm giving the most active poster immunity to the wolfing. AND if the most active person is a wolf, I'm giving them onetime seer power for the night. If it's a human, I'm giving it to them. Activity will be to my standards and opinion so I'm not giving set rules on what activity is. I will not not announce who the most active person was. But I will look at posting activity and thoughts presented. I'm the host so I will not look at motives and such, you post ideas, no matter how dumb, I will count that as activity. The thread may flame you for questionable ideas, but that's not my problem. I'm looking for activity.

                                THINK ABOUT THIS GAME!!!!! If I was playing it, I would have so much to say, it's not that there's nothing to talk about. Yes, you all have lives, but if your life was so bad you would have avoided the signups, so I have no pity for anyone who says they were too busy.
                                lastfm
                                PANDORA

                                Comment

                                Working...