[GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXII Holiday Special

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MixMasterLar
    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2006
    • 5403

    #181
    Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

    So possible wolves to me are

    Xel
    Funny
    Charu
    Funnier
    LightKnight.


    If I had to hot take a guess: Light/Funnier/Funny

    Maybe swap Funny out for Charu but I dont think so. Guts telling me Charu is a miss and doesn't belong down here
    ​

    Comment

    • Old Man Winter
      Banned
      • Dec 2018
      • 11

      #182
      Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

      Addendum to the phase: The Kinara has made progress [3/7]! Sorry I forgot about that!

      Comment

      • Svaz
        quite clever
        • Oct 2008
        • 792

        #183
        Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

        I like the idea of color coding for reads, so I'll try to do somethin like that:

        btw, I used these colors: #5806d8, #a500bc, #cf009e, #e90082, #f6006b

        1. the sun fan
        2. MixMasterLar
        3. XelNya
        4. mellonxcollie
        5. DaBackpack
        6. Antori
        7. Svaz - that's me!
        8. Funnygurl555
        9. inDheart
        10. Charu
        12. funnier6
        13. Lightknight924

        generally helpful, works well with others, read as town to me

        All of the people here seem resistant to group think, though imo those notions/inclinations don't seem to be detrimental to others. Still solid contributors all around.

        I just added this so I could have a full 5 point gradient. I guess I could see well enough outside of myself why my overall tepidness reads shadily, nothing hard one way or the other. Unpalatable.

        Somewhat suspicious, but nothing more than a slightly bitter aftertaste after thinking about it. Antori seems to disregard advice given by others re: no lynch, sometimes subverts crowd will; not necessarily a bad trait, but perhaps playing up inexperience as a diversion tactic. Funnygurl hasn't given much but most of her posts are low content & generally inoffensive, perhaps deliberately so?

        OK I guess it was inevitable someone would say something about me and I'm like "what, let me say something about them out of spite!11" and I feel childish for this but I am upset funnier6 just clarified suspicion on me with just "gut feeling" (I get how that can be useful but it feels so unsubstantiated compared to things people said to me about me over voice, and I'm so wounded by this comparatively flimsy commentary lol) and I still can't shake my overall disdain of inD's opening, I'm so sorry, I guess for me it's just gut feelings and ego wounds too so whatever

        Being deliberately sabotagey? But I could see this as a defensive measure type tactic. Proven not to be MW after this point by Knife in the Blessing, but literally the entire end of d1 could have been avoided if he didn't take the devil's advocate approach to the majority of conversations and clarified intent more often as opposed to talking the equivalent of an inscrutable wall of text. I'm not saying wolf, but I am saying needlessly unhelpful.
        ------------------
        11. Deadward Deadabond

        Comment

        • DaBackpack
          ~ お ま ん こ ~
          • Mar 2014
          • 918

          #184
          Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

          even though your list is impossible to read, I like the colors a lot


          Originally posted by Moogy
          no one cares
          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
          that's kind of a sad statistic

          Comment

          • Lightknight924
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2005
            • 1164

            #185
            Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

            For God's sake svaz, I do like that post, but it is taking my human body multiple times to read that all in all..and your effort is sooo OVERBOARD

            Comment

            • Lightknight924
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2005
              • 1164

              #186
              Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
              Antori, Svaz and InD looking green as fuck. No way they bus here when they could easily lynch charu, and if Charu was a wolf also why pick the strongest of your wolf buddies when you could stay out of it entirely and let Lightknight sink? No matter what angle I view it from I feel these cats are clear.

              Raeko and DBP look pretty good because of the Lightknight push, and I will co-sign on Charu's take that it sounded like two towns in VC.

              multiple people said that SunFan offered Wayward as an out to LightKnight. He didn't vote for Wayward so he doesn't get to be green like the first three but I am thinking that he probably wouldn't have said that if him and Wayward are wolves together. Feel pretty good saying he's green.






              Xel Funnygurl and Charu are pretty middle of the road right now with Charu being the lowest due to what SunFan was saying in chat. Not convinced he belongs lower yet. Would love to if SunFan keeps his read moving forward.

              funnier really should respond to the responses to his post. And make an effort to reach out more. I talked 1v1 with him and honestly he seemed deflective to me; you know when someone has two very different excuses for not doing something and alternate between them? That kind of happened and it nags at me.


              Lightknight924 should look good because of his vote, but I feel like it could very well be bussing to save his ass. Backing up that hunch is that all of his talk was defensive and deflecting, and he was very quick to interrupt people instead of allowing serious discussion to be had. I get a town can be flustered, but I just don't get a good feeling from him.

              I feel like, judging from his response, he would bus here, so the slip argument stands. Would love for him to get in here and do serious work though.


              I just want to quote this whole post, because after tonight this seems like the most natural human post

              Comment

              • Lightknight924
                FFR Player
                • Jul 2005
                • 1164

                #187
                Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                If were WOLF then it should be relatively easy to read my reverse psychology in wanting to post this.

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5403

                  #188
                  Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                  Svaz that is a nightmare to read


                  Am....am I more of a town then you are?

                  Is Antori less of a town then SunFan?

                  Do you not know the standard Green = Town and Red = Wolf color scheme?

                  This post is full of oh noes.



                  Originally posted by Lightknight924
                  If were WOLF then it should be relatively easy to read my reverse psychology in wanting to post this.
                  I legit do not know what you are saying here.
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • MixMasterLar
                    Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Aug 2006
                    • 5403

                    #189
                    Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                    On another note it looks like LightKnight agrees with my read on him so maybe that will lead to more content from him to counter act the scumread. Def a positive If it happens.
                    ​

                    Comment

                    • Svaz
                      quite clever
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 792

                      #190
                      Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                      That does make more sense, sorry, I will go with something closer to that in the future. I honestly just wanted a color gradient that was pretty to look at, and also still don't feel like I have enough to go on to accuse people outright until there's more content to reference -- at this point some people still haven't really had the opportunity to post. It's been at least 4-5 years since I last played, so a lot of stuff that should be obvious meta I've forgotten or never really knew orz

                      Comment

                      • funnier6
                        FFR Player
                        • Jan 2019
                        • 4

                        #191
                        Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                        Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                        Antori, Svaz and InD looking green as fuck. No way they bus here when they could easily lynch charu, and if Charu was a wolf also why pick the strongest of your wolf buddies when you could stay out of it entirely and let Lightknight sink? No matter what angle I view it from I feel these cats are clear.

                        Raeko and DBP look pretty good because of the Lightknight push, and I will co-sign on Charu's take that it sounded like two towns in VC.

                        multiple people said that SunFan offered Wayward as an out to LightKnight. He didn't vote for Wayward so he doesn't get to be green like the first three but I am thinking that he probably wouldn't have said that if him and Wayward are wolves together. Feel pretty good saying he's green.






                        Xel Funnygurl and Charu are pretty middle of the road right now with Charu being the lowest due to what SunFan was saying in chat. Not convinced he belongs lower yet. Would love to if SunFan keeps his read moving forward.

                        funnier really should respond to the responses to his post. And make an effort to reach out more. I talked 1v1 with him and honestly he seemed deflective to me; you know when someone has two very different excuses for not doing something and alternate between them? That kind of happened and it nags at me.


                        Lightknight924 should look good because of his vote, but I feel like it could very well be bussing to save his ass. Backing up that hunch is that all of his talk was defensive and deflecting, and he was very quick to interrupt people instead of allowing serious discussion to be had. I get a town can be flustered, but I just don't get a good feeling from him.

                        I feel like, judging from his response, he would bus here, so the slip argument stands. Would love for him to get in here and do serious work though.
                        I have a bit of a problem cause I know there were responses to my post but I suddenly can’t find any of them unless they were all in discord and I forgot. Also I don’t take too kindly but being told what I need to do especially after I’ve explsined ten times why to not expect those exact things at all.

                        I know somebody said something about rewrites even though I can’t find it again so FYI my post was written in two minutes and the only change I made while writing was remembering that funny was supposed to be at at the top of my scum list so that’s why there’s zip explanation next to it. Me saying gut instinct for svaz was half a joke cause the host always says gut instinct when he wants to make some dumb read and I don’t really have anything I can point to except that he just feels off to me. Like hahaha yeah let’s do this guys (don’t lynch me please) kind of off.

                        Comment

                        • mellonxcollie
                          Sectional Moderator
                          Sectional Moderator
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 1304

                          #192
                          Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          I legit do not know what you are saying here.
                          I'm ignoring everything Lightknight says and I suggest you all do the same
                          Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                          Comment

                          • mellonxcollie
                            Sectional Moderator
                            Sectional Moderator
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 1304

                            #193
                            Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                            Also I have a hard town read on Svaz because afaik she was the first one to bring up Wayward, and kept going back to him over and over despite other people's suspicions on other people.

                            I really don't see that bus happening and I don't think I'm gonna vote for Svaz at all this entire game
                            Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                            Comment

                            • the sun fan
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 658

                              #194
                              Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                              the only thing that stops me from townreading Svaz into oblivion is the fact that she might've learned from the Vendetta21 school of hard busing

                              I think the read on wayward was probably natural, especially when she talked about how wayward posted in another thread, but I am hesitant to call her town for the rest of the game
                              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                              Comment

                              • MixMasterLar
                                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 5403

                                #195
                                Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                the only thing that stops me from townreading Svaz into oblivion is the fact that she might've learned from the Vendetta21 school of hard busing

                                I think the read on wayward was probably natural, especially when she talked about how wayward posted in another thread, but I am hesitant to call her town for the rest of the game
                                You don't hard bus in that Santa in that situation ever, V or Charu School of Bussing be damned. Who the hell is she trying to save in this situation?

                                You could say Wayward wasn't posting but to save a sinking ship with two people going into the next phase still hellbent to lynch him is not what any sane person does versus letting it sink and just hoping Wayward gets his shit in gear.

                                Frankly I probably have committed the most atrocious acts of bussing on the site so if it's something I would never consider I have a hard time believing anyone else here would to. Something mechanical is going to have to happen before I reconsider my stance on her.
                                ​

                                Comment

                                Working...