[GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXII Holiday Special

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Svaz
    quite clever
    • Oct 2008
    • 792

    #31
    Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

    What does seem wolfy to me is claiming town in a game where almost half the game is anti town, and even some of the town is anti town. Idk if people doing that over discord were joking or what but it seems kinda unhelpful at best, deliberately deceptive at worst, this early on to me.

    Comment

    • mellonxcollie
      Sectional Moderator
      Sectional Moderator
      • Dec 2006
      • 1304

      #32
      Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

      Originally posted by Svaz
      What does seem wolfy to me is claiming town in a game where almost half the game is anti town, and even some of the town is anti town. Idk if people doing that over discord were joking or what but it seems kinda unhelpful at best, deliberately deceptive at worst, this early on to me.
      I like the thought behind this post. I don't really agree with the conclusion, because I think people always do that and were mostly just memeing, but it seems paranoid in a towny way
      Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

      Comment

      • Antori
        FFR Veteran
        • Aug 2018
        • 296

        #33
        Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

        nah half of the game is well in town territory, i know this may seem wolfy but i still think voting people on the first day is a bad idea
        "humans are allergic to happiness" -exurb1a
        "the only successful prank is the one you just dont f***ing pull" - penguinz0
        "Happiness is an unachievable myth peddled by those too afraid to admit that the world's default state is misery" - exurb1a

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #34
          Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

          Originally posted by Antori
          nah half of the game is well in town territory, i know this may seem wolfy but i still think voting people on the first day is a bad idea
          would you rather town give themselves the first bit of info in the game, or would you rather wolves kill whoever they want first?

          there is a right answer
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • flashflash account
            FFR Player
            • Apr 2017
            • 567

            #35
            Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

            I will be afk for the next few hours (gotta catch em all). Try to avoid any nonsense like instas please
            aka mikey

            -----

            Originally posted by FreezinIce
            FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

            Originally posted by QueenAshy
            I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
            i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
            Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
            seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

            Comment

            • mellonxcollie
              Sectional Moderator
              Sectional Moderator
              • Dec 2006
              • 1304

              #36
              Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

              Originally posted by Antori
              nah half of the game is well in town territory, i know this may seem wolfy but i still think voting people on the first day is a bad idea
              can you expand on why you think that? I think that's probably mechanically wrong, because lynching people is the only power town has and the only way we're going to get a wolf. Even if it's a long shot, it's usually better to lynch someone except in specific circumstances.
              Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

              Comment

              • Antori
                FFR Veteran
                • Aug 2018
                • 296

                #37
                Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                Originally posted by mellonxcollie
                can you expand on why you think that? I think that's probably mechanically wrong, because lynching people is the only power town has and the only way we're going to get a wolf. Even if it's a long shot, it's usually better to lynch someone except in specific circumstances.
                -the odds favor town lynch
                -wolfs know who's on their team so they can derail votes to town
                -if two towns die on the first day there's a good chance one of them will be an important role

                it just feels wrong to me, I'd like to follow seer results more on D2 cause it confirms a wolf kill in two days. and if seer happens to die first night(not likely) we can follow normal reads then, this way capitalists more on the advantage town has.
                "humans are allergic to happiness" -exurb1a
                "the only successful prank is the one you just dont f***ing pull" - penguinz0
                "Happiness is an unachievable myth peddled by those too afraid to admit that the world's default state is misery" - exurb1a

                Comment

                • funnier6
                  FFR Player
                  • Jan 2019
                  • 4

                  #38
                  Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  Let's lynch fg first it'll be funny
                  Lynching me would be funnier js.
                  Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                  funnier

                  I AM THE ONLY FUNNY >:O
                  True, I’m actually funnier.

                  Also serious question, does just bolding someone’s name in red count as a vote?
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  I'm more funny than both of you though
                  Most funniest*
                  Originally posted by Svaz
                  What does seem wolfy to me is claiming town in a game where almost half the game is anti town, and even some of the town is anti town. Idk if people doing that over discord were joking or what but it seems kinda unhelpful at best, deliberately deceptive at worst, this early on to me.
                  What do you mean? From what I understood there are three wolves and the rest are town, unless the blue colored names are third party? I was the under impression that the red names under Human were effectively millers the same way Santa having a green name would make him godfather. Am I following this right?
                  Originally posted by Antori
                  nah half of the game is well in town territory, i know this may seem wolfy but i still think voting people on the first day is a bad idea
                  I quoted this before I saw it had already been replied to but I’m curious to hear exactly what about lynching on day one is wolfy.

                  Also just to let everybody know I’m really used to doing 90% of my reads based on meta so I have absolutely zero clue what I’m going to do lol.

                  Comment

                  • funnier6
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2019
                    • 4

                    #39
                    Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                    Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                    funnier

                    I AM THE ONLY FUNNY >:O
                    True, and I’m the only funnier.
                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    I'm more funny than both of you though
                    Most funniest*.
                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    Let's lynch fg first it'll be funny
                    Lynching me would be funnier js.
                    Originally posted by Svaz
                    What does seem wolfy to me is claiming town in a game where almost half the game is anti town, and even some of the town is anti town. Idk if people doing that over discord were joking or what but it seems kinda unhelpful at best, deliberately deceptive at worst, this early on to me.
                    I’m not really following this. From what I understood all the humans are town and the ones with red names are effectively millers the same way that the wolves are wolves except Santa has a green name cause godfather. Are the blue names third party or something? Cause I just thought that blue names were because any other color would be redundant cause it’s open setup and they can just claim. Do I have this right?
                    Originally posted by Antori
                    -the odds favor town lynch
                    -wolfs know who's on their team so they can derail votes to town
                    -if two towns die on the first day there's a good chance one of them will be an important role

                    it just feels wrong to me, I'd like to follow seer results more on D2 cause it confirms a wolf kill in two days. and if seer happens to die first night(not likely) we can follow normal reads then, this way capitalists more on the advantage town has.
                    Kay so as for that bolded thing. I find that an excellent reason to lynch on day one. Typically, scum will try to influence if only a little the way the day ends and who’s lynched, so being able to look back after the flip is super nice since that can be fairly obvious once you know what to look for. Especially when the alternative is sitting around doing nothing if a no lynch is settled on.

                    Should never rely on power roles if you want to win imo. Feels like a cop out to me.

                    Oh, like 90% of my reads are based on meta so I have like zero idea how the heck I’m supposed to read everybody sooooooo this should be interesting.

                    Comment

                    • funnier6
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2019
                      • 4

                      #40
                      Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                      Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                      funnier

                      I AM THE ONLY FUNNY >:O
                      True, and I’m the only funnier.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      I'm more funny than both of you though
                      Most funniest*.
                      Originally posted by XelNya
                      Let's lynch fg first it'll be funny
                      Lynching me would be funnier js.
                      Originally posted by Svaz
                      What does seem wolfy to me is claiming town in a game where almost half the game is anti town, and even some of the town is anti town. Idk if people doing that over discord were joking or what but it seems kinda unhelpful at best, deliberately deceptive at worst, this early on to me.
                      I’m not really following this. From what I understood all the humans are town and the ones with red names are effectively millers the same way that the wolves are wolves except Santa has a green name cause godfather. Are the blue names third party or something? Cause I just thought that blue names were because any other color would be redundant cause it’s open setup and they can just claim. Do I have this right?
                      Originally posted by Antori
                      -the odds favor town lynch
                      -wolfs know who's on their team so they can derail votes to town
                      -if two towns die on the first day there's a good chance one of them will be an important role

                      it just feels wrong to me, I'd like to follow seer results more on D2 cause it confirms a wolf kill in two days. and if seer happens to die first night(not likely) we can follow normal reads then, this way capitalists more on the advantage town has.
                      Kay so as for that bolded thing. I find that an excellent reason to lynch on day one. Typically, scum will try to influence if only a little the way the day ends and who’s lynched, so being able to look back after the flip is super nice since that can be fairly obvious once you know what to look for. Especially when the alternative is sitting around doing nothing if a no lynch is settled on.

                      Should never rely on power roles if you want to win imo. Feels like a cop out to me.

                      Oh, like 90% of my reads are based on meta so I have like zero idea how the heck I’m supposed to read everybody sooooooo this should be interesting.

                      Comment

                      • inDheart
                        Picker @ JAX2
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 505

                        #41
                        Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                        i just read the posts backwards and got very confused

                        svaz and raeko feel good, but dabackpack claimed wolf to me and then said xel is town, so that's 2 right there. ez game

                        Comment

                        • DaBackpack
                          ~ お ま ん こ ~
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 918

                          #42
                          Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                          Antori, I'm just gonna be frank with you here, that reasoning just isn't how TWG is played here. I understand your reasoning, but no-lynching on D0 leaves us with absolutely nothing to go on for D1. And then we're in the same spot we are now, except with one person missing.

                          You don't rely on cop checks or vigi kills to get you through the game, you rely on cardflips and voting patterns. ESPECIALLY on D0, losing one town in exchange for investigable discourse is just worth it.

                          Try looking for wolves.


                          Originally posted by Moogy
                          no one cares
                          Originally posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog
                          there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
                          that's kind of a sad statistic

                          Comment

                          • XelNya
                            [Kaho]
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 3369

                            #43
                            Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                            Originally posted by inDheart
                            i just read the posts backwards and got very confused

                            svaz and raeko feel good, but dabackpack claimed wolf to me and then said xel is town, so that's 2 right there. ez game
                            Did you get bad at this game in my hiatus, or did you always make incoherant posts?

                            I forget.

                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5403

                              #44
                              Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                              Holy fucking shit guys the game started. I legit just found out trying to update my sig.


                              Sorry I'm late and also sorry I'll be later will be at work in a few hours so because my job is a joke I'll catch up and chill then.

                              (If you guys miss me, you can always check out my latest let's play wink wink links below)
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • MixMasterLar
                                Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2006
                                • 5403

                                #45
                                Re: [GAME THREAD] FFRTWG CLXXXI Holiday Special

                                (this is the last time I'll shill my channel btw I promised last game I wouldn't make that into a thing)
                                ​

                                Comment

                                Working...