TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the sun fan
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2017
    • 658

    #2806
    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

    man this is like so fucked
    Precarious this feels townie but I feel like I have to lynch you anyways
    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

    Comment

    • Precarious
      Unacceptable
      • Mar 2014
      • 208

      #2807
      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

      Originally posted by the sun fan
      man this is like so fucked
      Precarious this feels townie but I feel like I have to lynch you anyways
      Which is dumb but all the more reason to have the mechanics hashed out before I can't provide them anymore. I'll still argue my cases until the bitter end, but if I do get lynched, my flip should confirm that there's no ulterior motive to this proposal.

      Comment

      • Tps222
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2004
        • 6169

        #2808
        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

        Originally posted by Celirra
        why did tps hide behind *me* anyways
        I thought you weren't likely to be targeted at the time, I also wasn't as familiar with the implications of how the hider role worked and what the best strats/uses of it were.

        Comment

        • Celirra
          FFR Player
          • Apr 2015
          • 749

          #2809
          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

          This is why no lynching is good???
          ,,
           ,_, -ー'"{
           ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
           ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
          彡と} 猫.{つ

          Comment

          • the sun fan
            FFR Player
            • Mar 2017
            • 658

            #2810
            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

            Originally posted by Celirra
            This is why no lynching is good???
            Read it again
            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

            Comment

            • Precarious
              Unacceptable
              • Mar 2014
              • 208

              #2811
              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

              If we No Lynch today, we gain no additional flip information. Everyone's suspicions stay the same.

              In the night, there will be zero to two night kills. (Theoretically, both wolf and SK--assuming the latter exists--could target a Hiding Tps, or the SK could while the wolf targets an SK still wearing a vest. Actually, that raises a further complication--it's possible the wolf knows who the SK is if they previously attacked someone who isn't Tps and the attack failed). Assuming the SK scenario, that could leave us with a bunch of scenarios, but the presumable worst case would be 3:1:1.

              N.B. I would strongly argue against my Hide strategy if we NL today, since there's no longer a risk of a 2:1:1 if we go into the night 5:1:1.

              3:1:1 is uncomfortable. We would presumably be down to one remaining known town player, with two unknown town players, the wolf, and the SK. We would have made no progress on the game state from where we are now, and I feel like I'd be a probable lynch target still. Obviously 3:1:1 is a worst case scenario in this setting, but a mislynch at 3:1:1 puts us at 2:1:1 going into the night, which resembles the 2:1:1 + NL the next day strategy.

              Basically, NL today kind of just punts the issue a couple rl days down the road, while giving the bad guys a slightly larger share of the voting pool.

              Comment

              • the sun fan
                FFR Player
                • Mar 2017
                • 658

                #2812
                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                There's still the risk of a 2 1 1 tho, in fact I think its higher with ur plan
                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #2813
                  Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                  Originally posted by FreezinIce
                  Precarious and xiz any thoughts about the night kill and eod?
                  i keep finding things like this

                  h.

                  (also i was looking for freezin discrediting one of blind's posts but it's actually just that freezin changed his read, oop)

                  Comment

                  • Precarious
                    Unacceptable
                    • Mar 2014
                    • 208

                    #2814
                    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    There's still the risk of a 2 1 1 tho, in fact I think its higher with ur plan
                    Originally posted by Precarious
                    N.B. I would strongly argue against my Hide strategy if we NL today, since there's no longer a risk of a 2:1:1 if we go into the night 5:1:1.
                    Basically, NLing today doesn't really help us, but it does remove the opportunity to use the Hide strategy.

                    I'm not in favor of it.

                    Comment

                    • Precarious
                      Unacceptable
                      • Mar 2014
                      • 208

                      #2815
                      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                      Originally posted by inDheart
                      i keep finding things like this
                      Post some of the others then. Although if I actually was a wolf, I can assure you I'd be telling them in wolfchat not to do that in the first place.

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #2816
                        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                        should town be in f5
                        if you fuckers sleep I'll be so disappointed
                        at that point, you try and lynch one of the two scum, and pray if you miss.

                        if its f3 and tps is alive but the game is still going and we haven't lynched any scum between this post and f3, obviously just lynch tps because the game hasn't ended in a draw and that would happen if a serial killer is alive.
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • inDheart
                          Picker @ JAX2
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 505

                          #2817
                          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          I was always caught up with that game... there's no correlation here.
                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          That's what i was saying had no correlation.
                          xiz making a sorta lazy meta case on blind not being able to find anything posted in the game thus far/griping about speed, refuted like so

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Im agreeing with you on dbp. Although his push towards gradiant had a good theory, i think he put too much into it.
                          Fg just says she's wolf, ok bye no matter what. And everything she's said is blah.
                          InD and yourself know what and when to say it, so i'd have to iso you guys for a more confident answer. But right now i'd go wolf, but i don't necessarily see you guys on the same team. Killing one gives the other imo.
                          once upon a time xelnya quoted someone else's reads to comment on them while making his own reads and it made me think bouncing off reads posts like this is wolfy, because there's a lack of originality in the construction, reducing reads to a task of agree/disagree. that probably doesn't apply to posts as short as these (long boi posts provide more data) but it's the thing i always think of when someone goes "ok here are my thoughts" and someone responds with "here are my thoughts based on yours"

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          You can at most be right on two of those.
                          throwaway, but it's to xiz. good ol' rule of 3 would suggest a wolf in prec/blind/tps, though it's not an arbitrary grouping of 3, it's an activity thing

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Mostly. It's like he's that porn channel you tried to watch as a kid and sometimes you'd see something relevant like a boob but most of it was static.
                          he's agreeing with freezin here about xiz

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Can you not rely on meta.


                          =P
                          not happy with cel meta reading xiz town, apparently

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          What is?
                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          What mistake?
                          I think you misread what i said.
                          freezin would just kinda have to let his partner get embarrassed here

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          So.... right now TTTRR. Correct?
                          ehhhh

                          from later posts blind seems to think this is 3 VTs, i just can't get over it being the dominant thought for how many Ts were in the setup at the time when most town couldn't know any more than RR for sure

                          it's an issue of the setup doc more than anything and rolling for "town" and having it be the scum rolls is kinda stupid naming iyam

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Precarious is definitely wolfing imo. Didn't vote him over dbp because I would of been pulling an omgus, and that wouldn't of helped me at all. I'd rather go dbp since he would actually of been useful had he flipped. He flipped anyways and it did help, so in hindsight i should of stayed on funny.
                          it might be "useful", but from what i could tell, you voted him because of tonal issues around how he agreed with you on funny, so what was the use there?

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          kinda late bro. Fess up your role then.
                          would be calling out partner for being late to the role claim party

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Yeah, the freezin idea might work, since that makes sure he's vengeful, and gets a kill. I was gonna say why not lynch the person he's gonna shoot, but that leaves open that he may be lying. But if he's not lying, he gets bought killed so his power is useless anyways. It's a pretty tough predicament we're in right now. Tps really needs to show up.
                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          What doesn't make sense? And yeah, i am. Or else how would i make comments on things?
                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Oh, ok. You just don't know how to read then.

                          I said "I WAS gonna say" as in, instead of lynching you, we lynch your kill instead. BUT, I don't like that idea too much because you could be lying, or the wolves night kill you and we lose your power. Comprehensible enough for you now?
                          entertaining the freezin tinfoil-lynch idea, which i don't think he'd want to draw attention to if he knew the claim was fake

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          xiz is one I've yet to learn to read. I don't like that he is all about tinfoil worlds, and not much else.

                          Speaking of xiz, Yes, all I did say was you're still wrong and went about my business. It may look scummy, but I'm not changing pre's mind, and I'm town read by mostly everyone else. I'm pretty safe when it comes to lynching, I'm not scared. So, why bother? I stated pre was a wolf way before the whole debacle between him and I. I would vote him with a safe bet of him being a hit for town.

                          Anyways, Xiz is a good target I THINK as of right now, but he's definitely a back burner vote. Unless something comes up. We have to decide what to do with our main concern right now. Which would be to lynch you IF you don't meet req, which I think is a safe bet so this may not be a thing to worry about, or lynch freezin and have him kill someone with this vengeful kill.
                          and then he'd have to be entertaining lynching between his partners after dispensing with tps as an option

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          You are really just being a pest, you know that?
                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Yeah, that's the thing. You've been wrong about a lot.

                          and no, you're not under my skin. lol
                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          ok, so you were being sarcastic then?
                          god this goes like absolutely nowhere, freezin's asking him a question he doesn't bother to answer directly because he's reading it as sarcasm

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          I am the master baiter.....:chingrabemoji:
                          kinda throwaway, maybe because i can't tell what was being baited - blind's original paragraph is a statement of events more than anything in response to xiz

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          I haven't said anything to funny because she stood up. I told her to actually do something and she did.

                          I haven't talked to Ind, or tps, or xiz(more or less). I've talked with like celery, sunfan, dbp, and pre. That's about it. Put your baised views somewhere else
                          quoted mostly for names, has the xiz mention with more-or-less qualifier, freezin doesn't appear

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Xiz and pre wolf partners, you heard it here first.
                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Prec is wrong because he's taking what i said out of context. I very obviously was direct with what i was saying. I don't get why he continues to say i pushed an issue already discussed when i wasn't even that far into the thread. He brought up shit that i've been called town for. I get using your own meta is bad, but i'm pretty much town to a T. Sun, inD, and freezing all agreed, until recently freezing.
                          this is true, freezin's read declines dramatically bc he has blind as top town d2 and winds up voting him

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Pretty convenient i went from top town to top lynch :eyebrowraiseemoji:
                          this is to xiz

                          if prec is a wolf then it means wolves are extremely hard aligned against blind, with prec starting it and xiz+freezin joining up later
                          if blind is a wolf then wolves kinda did it to themselves, but maybe it'd get xiz some cred if they pull it off? but it'd have almost the same effect with a xiz lynch, just trading who gets the cred
                          if funny is a wolf then she locked in the bus early with her case and then coming in later just to vote

                          i've been favoring the latter two because it just feels so weird for no one to bus with how consensus-y that felt

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          Dude, i got this. I play and push when it's needed. Pre pushing and looking like he's doing something isn't worth my time.
                          main thing about this is xiz is asking a question to sunfan but blind does this step in almost like he's reassuring xiz, and drops prec's name fsr

                          Originally posted by blindreper1179
                          xiz safety vote
                          bam


                          wow i quoted some posts in an order

                          obv i should read the other two but blind doesn't feel like a wolf from these (i talk out some game state stuff toward the end too). doesn't clear him from SK, but what would

                          Comment

                          • inDheart
                            Picker @ JAX2
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 505

                            #2818
                            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                            Originally posted by Precarious
                            Post some of the others then. Although if I actually was a wolf, I can assure you I'd be telling them in wolfchat not to do that in the first place.
                            i haven't been placing too much weight on them because i consider those two fairly good at coating the player list

                            i'm coming off a game where a wolf named all his partners and no town in saying "still waiting for x, y, and z to catch up" so list construction is something people intentionally foil sometimes

                            Comment

                            • the sun fan
                              FFR Player
                              • Mar 2017
                              • 658

                              #2819
                              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                              Originally posted by inDheart
                              obv i should read the other two but blind doesn't feel like a wolf from these (i talk out some game state stuff toward the end too). doesn't clear him from SK, but what would
                              like I said, I believe him when he claimed vanilla town
                              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                              Comment

                              • inDheart
                                Picker @ JAX2
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 505

                                #2820
                                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                                Originally posted by the sun fan
                                like I said, I believe him when he claimed vanilla town
                                the 129003852th time thing resonated with me

                                he reacted to his vt rand in the turbo by first post claiming asceticizer lul

                                Comment

                                Working...