TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XelNya
    [Kaho]
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 3369

    #931
    Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

    Now that I've slept on it, I think discussing my dream openly isn't a bad idea, and pending how well it worked might be usable for clearing one to two people at least.

    My dream was that everyone except myself got a random dreamer's dream, with no mention of who's is who's, sent to them. The nightmare got the dream I would have gotten.

    We can use the language in the dreams we have available to attempt to assign them to players left and assign some clears, and form a lynch pool.

    "But Xel why would you give the nightmare a dream and not yourself?"
    Because balance, and if that person is not forth coming about who's dream they have, we can lynch them.
    Double claims can be lynched based off how we want to lean them.
    "But Xel they can just say they redirected everything that targeted them."
    Eventually that excuse won't fucking work. Seem's like our last scum is more creative with kills than blunt about them. As long as we avoid the traps I think we have at least an extra day.
    "But Xel, how are we going to be able to use these to clear people?"

    Each person who has their dream out in the open has no reason to lie because they are placed onto the cleared list. I specified that all the dreams passed were dreamer's dreams. Ergo having your dream out clears you. Liars will get caught if they try to double up because each person who posts a dream can neglect a detail and ask about it in depth.

    Form lynch pool then go through the motions.
    Easy rest of the game depending how many people didn't turtle up.
    Unless I went wrong somewhere. Probably did. I probably did all of this wrong. BUT I TRIED OK.

    Also if someone wants to post the results of seerings through the game, that'll assist. Because then we can do a seer circle with some double ups to finish off the game. The rest of the game is easy from here as long as we know who is targeting who.

    And this last part might seem super scummy, I dunno, we can not do it, that's fine, but I think that sorta instantly wins us the game.

    Originally posted by roundbox
    I still think Xel is suspicious because his dream is tied to a killing power
    What town does that ROFL
    No, seriously, what town sends that to another player (who could be a nightmare, as everyone was rand% at that time) and what benefit does that bring town? You can perceive my bluff item usage as a scummy but I can't react or type as fast on mobile as I would a computer. I saw a dumb case from Xel being built on me with a vote or two and I decided to drop it.
    I'm done talking about my n0. It was funny, it's still funny. Enough said.

    Comment

    • inDheart
      Picker @ JAX2
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2011
      • 505

      #932
      Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

      Originally posted by storn42
      Actually, now that I think of it InD didn't you make a n0 dream? And wasn't it that a random player got a free seer of a dreamer?
      no, i randed your names myself and explicitly gave you a seer on xel rather than let the host give it out
      i did that so i would know who to expect it from as well (and thus see if it was subject to redirection, etc.)

      Comment

      • inDheart
        Picker @ JAX2
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2011
        • 505

        #933
        Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

        Originally posted by XelNya
        Now that I've slept on it, I think discussing my dream openly isn't a bad idea, and pending how well it worked might be usable for clearing one to two people at least.

        My dream was that everyone except myself got a random dreamer's dream, with no mention of who's is who's, sent to them. The nightmare got the dream I would have gotten.

        We can use the language in the dreams we have available to attempt to assign them to players left and assign some clears, and form a lynch pool.

        "But Xel why would you give the nightmare a dream and not yourself?"
        Because balance, and if that person is not forth coming about who's dream they have, we can lynch them.
        Double claims can be lynched based off how we want to lean them.
        "But Xel they can just say they redirected everything that targeted them."
        Eventually that excuse won't fucking work. Seem's like our last scum is more creative with kills than blunt about them. As long as we avoid the traps I think we have at least an extra day.
        "But Xel, how are we going to be able to use these to clear people?"

        Each person who has their dream out in the open has no reason to lie because they are placed onto the cleared list. I specified that all the dreams passed were dreamer's dreams. Ergo having your dream out clears you. Liars will get caught if they try to double up because each person who posts a dream can neglect a detail and ask about it in depth.

        Form lynch pool then go through the motions.
        Easy rest of the game depending how many people didn't turtle up.
        Unless I went wrong somewhere. Probably did. I probably did all of this wrong. BUT I TRIED OK.

        Also if someone wants to post the results of seerings through the game, that'll assist. Because then we can do a seer circle with some double ups to finish off the game. The rest of the game is easy from here as long as we know who is targeting who.

        And this last part might seem super scummy, I dunno, we can not do it, that's fine, but I think that sorta instantly wins us the game.



        I'm done talking about my n0. It was funny, it's still funny. Enough said.
        seer circle is still a bad idea

        does this mean you're just planning to no lynch?

        Comment

        • XelNya
          [Kaho]
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 3369

          #934
          Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
          Pretty much what I've been saying
          And it's pretty much the basis of your argument, and if you wanted to do anything about it you've had time to try, but haven't.

          Comment

          • XelNya
            [Kaho]
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2012
            • 3369

            #935
            Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

            Originally posted by inDheart
            seer circle is still a bad idea

            does this mean you're just planning to no lynch?
            Why would we no lynch? We have more than enough time to post the dreams, assign them to who is who, and form a lynch pool.

            Comment

            • XelNya
              [Kaho]
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2012
              • 3369

              #936
              Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

              Hell it gets even better if past seerings are still alive.

              Comment

              • XelNya
                [Kaho]
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2012
                • 3369

                #937
                Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

                Originally posted by inDheart
                seer circle is still a bad idea
                Asking this purely for a learning expiriance but is there a reason this is a bad idea?

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5401

                  #938
                  Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

                  Well Xel, I still didn't get any PMs for what's that is worth, but if people actually can confirm that that's pretty neat

                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  And it's pretty much the basis of your argument, and if you wanted to do anything about it you've had time to try, but haven't.
                  You keep mentioning this

                  Do you expect me to try and nightkill you? I'm not going rouge because that's how you fucking lose games. It's pretty common sense for town to make those decisions together via the lynch votes

                  Stop using this as a point against my argument: it's a shit point that means jack all and is just you filling the thread with white noise.


                  ....I'll comment more on this when people are able to confirm they got said dreams
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • storn42
                    RIP Storn D0-D0
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jun 2012
                    • 3474

                    #939
                    Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

                    Originally posted by XelNya
                    Why would we no lynch? We have more than enough time to post the dreams, assign them to who is who, and form a lynch pool.
                    do you think you may have misworded your dream? if you dreamed that people got someone elses dream, then wouldn't that mean that they got the effects of that dream. (ie: i get bob's dream. bobs dream was to become bulletproof so i now get that dream of bulletproof)

                    its also possible that the nightmare may have dreamed for something like nobody getting a pm from the mod in the morning telling them information.


                    Originally posted by Xiz
                    "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
                    Originally posted by the sun fan
                    I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


                    Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


                    Comment

                    • roundbox
                      fhqwhgads
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 2086

                      #940
                      Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

                      a seer circle is going to get tampered with by the nightmare and you know it
                      awful idea
                      potentially scummy idea? no idea
                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                      Comment

                      • XelNya
                        [Kaho]
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 3369

                        #941
                        Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

                        Originally posted by storn42
                        do you think you may have misworded your dream? if you dreamed that people got someone elses dream, then wouldn't that mean that they got the effects of that dream. (ie: i get bob's dream. bobs dream was to become bulletproof so i now get that dream of bulletproof)

                        its also possible that the nightmare may have dreamed for something like nobody getting a pm from the mod in the morning telling them information.
                        I'd be pretty pissed if it didn't work the way it was supposed to because it was phrased along the lines of

                        All dreamer's are given a message / pm by the host that contains the dream of another dreamer that's randomized. The nightmare gets the dream I would have gotten through the process.

                        I phrased it pretty specifically when I sent it, just like my n0 dream.

                        tldr:

                        1. the nightmare's dream is not in circulation
                        2. the nightmare has to help solve the puzzle / get lynched for not contributing
                        3. those posting the dreams had the ability to use randomly neglected details to check legitimacy of who claimed who's dream and we could kill bad fake claims
                        4. My dream should also be in circulation, so the details of how specifically I worded it are a good way to check it's mine.

                        But yes the nightmare could have tinkered with this, but I figured no one would tinker with me given I'd heavily implied I'd be turtled the rest of the game.

                        Given my general anti-town dreams, why would anyone target me?

                        And if it didn't work / was deemed too op I don't think the nightmare would have the ability to stop the host from telling me I had a restless night

                        Comment

                        • inDheart
                          Picker @ JAX2
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 505

                          #942
                          Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

                          i've already claimed a roleblock on you, xel

                          Comment

                          • inDheart
                            Picker @ JAX2
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 505

                            #943
                            Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

                            Originally posted by XelNya
                            Given my general anti-town dreams, why would anyone target me?
                            to stop them

                            Comment

                            • MixMasterLar
                              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2006
                              • 5401

                              #944
                              Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

                              So what I'm getting is no one is able to confirm this happened.

                              Not saying Xel didn't do it for sure, but if nothing happened it still doesn't help.

                              Getting ready for Tai Chi. Will be back for Eod
                              ​

                              Comment

                              • XelNya
                                [Kaho]
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 3369

                                #945
                                Re: TWG CLXII - Lucidity (Game)

                                Originally posted by inDheart
                                i've already claimed a roleblock on you, xel
                                Guess trying is pointless.

                                See you all later I suppose.

                                Comment

                                Working...