TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XelNya
    [Kaho]
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 3369

    #706
    Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

    Originally posted by thesunfan
    with all due respect, this is your fault for signing up for an OOTC game without the means to communicate OOT reliably and often

    so I have to admit I don't particularly care for this defense
    I wouldn't call it a defense because that's NOT something I tend to do.

    I sandwiched in there that Arnt's jump on me is fucking trash based solely on what he said, because there's nothing else SAID to imply it was a jump he was considering that I have access to, pending it being in this zoom video later than where I am at.

    or are you lumping that as not worth caring about as well

    Comment

    • thesunfan
      Role Tide
      Sectional Moderator
      • May 2011
      • 10859

      #707
      Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

      my apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying then
      Originally posted by Vendetta21
      Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
      Originally posted by XelNya
      I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
      Originally posted by star-crossed
      (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

      Comment

      • XelNya
        [Kaho]
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Sep 2012
        • 3369

        #708
        Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

        Originally posted by thesunfan
        my apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying then
        It's whatever

        Comment

        • XelNya
          [Kaho]
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2012
          • 3369

          #709
          Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

          I'm hopin' no one thinks I'm like upset with anyone in particular about the oot thing

          that's not it

          Comment

          • thesunfan
            Role Tide
            Sectional Moderator
            • May 2011
            • 10859

            #710
            Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

            let me outline my case a little bit

            I get that you don't have OOTC or a reliable way to do it or whatever.

            I don't especially care about that.

            What I do care about is the fact that you've had pretty much no involvement with actually trying to solve the game using the information that you have.

            Your vote on Red day 0 makes no sense at all and just feels like what you would do to try and look natural.

            You're not interacting with other players to try and discern their alignments, you're just kind of posting things that don't have an impact on the game

            I've been wrong about this before but not recently

            aorn I don't see how I can leave you alive given your play and how I would expect you to continue playing.
            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
            Originally posted by star-crossed
            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

            Comment

            • XelNya
              [Kaho]
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2012
              • 3369

              #711
              Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

              Originally posted by thesunfan
              let me outline my case a little bit

              I get that you don't have OOTC or a reliable way to do it or whatever.

              I don't especially care about that.

              What I do care about is the fact that you've had pretty much no involvement with actually trying to solve the game using the information that you have.

              Your vote on Red day 0 makes no sense at all and just feels like what you would do to try and look natural.

              You're not interacting with other players to try and discern their alignments, you're just kind of posting things that don't have an impact on the game

              I've been wrong about this before but not recently

              I don't see how I can leave you alive given your play and how I would expect you to continue playing.
              See the thing is

              you posting the roundbox reference told me what your read of me was with fine detail

              HOWEVER

              I cannot FUCKING fathom why

              In that place and time

              for the reasons STATED BY ARNT HIMSELF

              He has a vote on me

              and it fucking reeks and I'm mad about THAT one.

              I'm pretty hung up on it

              Comment

              • XelNya
                [Kaho]
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Sep 2012
                • 3369

                #712
                Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

                1) Xiz
                2) mellonxcollie
                4) thesunfan
                5) Arntonach
                7) XelNya
                8) Makilaz
                9) storn42
                11) YoshL
                13) DaBackpack

                For xiz:

                "Xiz - Last Friday at 3:05 PM
                careful, you are coming off way too blue bro"

                I have a hard time thinking scum xiz would point this out / be concerned about it and that if he was scum I'd have possibly been the kill that night possibly if he was scum. Xiz when he's SK just kills tops town, and if he's scum I imagine he picks top blue lean, discusses it ect.

                Raeko is for being the first one to actually take me on my OOT offer from the beginning of the game / how she talked in the zoom call I've gotten through thus far

                greggles is greggles

                arnt just I both dislike him from the zoom call and reasons recently stated

                it's kinda a weak read though admittedly

                Storn is null because tbh I don't know shit about where he's coming from ever. Every post I read from him just doesn't lean me either way, it shows an effort but like, I dislike the xiz votes / his interpretation of xiz from the zoom call

                Also gonna take a moment for this:

                Originally posted by storn42
                i'm feeling quite confident that xiz is a woof. now i know someone is probably going to bring out the "storn is just tunneling" stuff so im probably wrong, but hear me out.

                i'd like to bring up a post RB made earlier in the game.

                Originally posted by Red Blaster
                While I agree that him tossing that out basically at the very end of eod is scummy, as it reeks of him trying to save someone imo, I think his reasoning behind it was fairly decent in that he was scum reading you and not too sure on Tokzic iirc. The only reason he hopped onto Tokzic was that nobody else supported a lynch against you at that time.
                RB actively defends Xiz here and could indicate that he was partnered with xiz. Xiz is also found consistantly defending RB in the zoom and it seemed somewhat week, especially with his defense at 2:21:50 where he pretty much just says "what if he's trying a new meta" to defend RB. passive defenses like that are usually a pretty good thing to do as a woof so nobody really thinks you're actively trying to defend your partner.

                Would you consider the case that maybe xiz played devil's advocate to get more discussion and to see where it went?

                at 2:24:00 you can see xiz being in some sort of deep thought or something, as whether or not to actively lynch RB, i wonder if this is him thinking of whether or not he should bus his partner as he pretty much pushes for people to agree to push on someone.

                Ehhh stretch.

                at 1:16:00 xiz refuses to give one of his possible woof reads as he wants to wait to see what other people think about people. i'd think a town member would be more willing to openly say who he was unsure of.

                From what I recall / think: xiz likes to see what people say and the give his input to generate more discussion / maybe get responses to advance reads. That's how it's felt to me anyways.

                at 1:34:00 xiz starts to explain his scum lean on sunfan, while i previously thought sunfan might have been a woof it was actually quite weak. xiz's reasons on sunfan seemed almost opportunistic rather than scumy things.

                Wait, why would you be reading sunfan as scummy?
                Mak has been so UTR I'm not playin' with that one

                yoshl is based both on the zoom call discussion and charu's trickle of thought post, charu is silly careful in twg despite his joking demeanor but when shit like that gets posted I think it's worth notice / by this thought I wanna side note that I think charu was NOT the godfather

                dankpack is more of a gutread based on the zoom call

                Comment

                • XelNya
                  [Kaho]
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Sep 2012
                  • 3369

                  #713
                  Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

                  Side note on that xiz read

                  no him side chatting me he thought I was blue is not the important part of my read on him. It's the course of action that is

                  I THINK that sentence makes sense. Forgive me if it doesn't.

                  Comment

                  • XelNya
                    [Kaho]
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 3369

                    #714
                    Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

                    He thought I was blue" should be "he thought I was coming off blue"

                    Comment

                    • storn42
                      RIP Storn D0-D0
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 3474

                      #715
                      Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

                      "I'm null on storn cus i don't like his reads" lol. I'm not shitting on you for this, just some of the funniest reasoning I've heard.


                      Originally posted by Xiz
                      "I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
                      Originally posted by the sun fan
                      I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times


                      Originally posted by ShadoWolfe


                      Comment

                      • XelNya
                        [Kaho]
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 3369

                        #716
                        Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

                        Originally posted by storn42
                        "I'm null on storn cus i don't like his reads" lol. I'm not shitting on you for this, just some of the funniest reasoning I've heard.
                        I'm fairly certain that I said I don't get where you're coming from AND that I don't have any info on you at all

                        not that I don't like your reads directly

                        Then I threw out some responses to you talking about your xiz read, and you say nothing about it

                        Comment

                        • XelNya
                          [Kaho]
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 3369

                          #717
                          Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

                          Oh and

                          Arntonach

                          Comment

                          • XelNya
                            [Kaho]
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2012
                            • 3369

                            #718
                            Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

                            and fuck your omgus / wtfic response, go fuck yourself if that's where you're gonna go with it

                            Comment

                            • Xiz
                              TWG Chaos
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 3399

                              #719
                              Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

                              xel i wanna talk to you on discord, can ya hop on

                              Comment

                              • Xiz
                                TWG Chaos
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 3399

                                #720
                                Re: TWG CLIV: An Old School Slumber Party - GAME THREAD

                                There should be another zoom tonight, if possible.

                                I should be there at EOD, its the last day my parents are in town before they leave for Korea for a month, so they take priority. But i'll do everything in my power to be there at least an hour before EOD.

                                Comment

                                Working...