So I finally came clean to my parents.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hi19hi19
    lol happy
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Oct 2005
    • 12194

    #91
    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

    Originally posted by flipsta_lombax
    To add to their insecurity, they said if any other family member finds out, they claim they're going to be looked at as failures.

    I'm letting family members know very soon.
    This is either going to feel like sweet, sweet revenge, or ruin your relationship with your family even farther.
    Even if there is not much of a visible, tangible relationship there to ruin, you can still hurt yourself and others in more subtle psychological ways.
    Tread carefully, and best of luck.


    Comment

    • MaxGhost
      FFR Veteran
      • Feb 2008
      • 2141

      #92
      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

      This thread went from being so happy to so sad

      I've literally just been sitting here for an hour just thinking because of this thread. I really hope things turn out well and that you can move on.

      Comment

      • flipsta_lombax
        Lombax Connoisseur
        • May 2006
        • 2556

        #93
        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

        Originally posted by All_That_Chaz
        Ken I've known you for 5 years (wow I have totally known you for 5 years - I was just a little 22 year old Chaz finishing college back then :3). You've basically been away from your blood family the whole time I've known you. I don't doubt that you're capable of finding your way on your own. It's just the psychological stress of knowing that they aren't there anymore that has changed. I know you've felt on your own for a long time, but this is a significant change and I just want to make sure that you don't get too lonely.

        Cuz my milkshake brings them all to the yard. And you're welcome to my yard.
        Chazzykins. Man, it has been that long has it now? And look at that, I'm now turning 23 soon. Over the years I've learned so much from people that cared for me, especially those who only can put a word of thought. Anything that people did for me I greatly appreciate. My life from here on out is changing for the better.

        I've learned not to put so much weight on my shoulders, that I can't please everyone and that people are out there who are willing to help, get it when you can. No one else isn't going to change me but me; I've learned to manage stress on my own because friends. And in turn, I'm going to care about you. But don't expect me to care too much anymore.

        The only thing I really wanted was closure with my parents. And now that I know for a fact, I'm ready to go out in the world and live my life the way I intended.

        I love your yard, even though I've yet to see it. And I love you all. Thanks.
        Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

        Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

        Comment

        • Sky Kitten
          meowmix
          Community Manager
          Profile Moderator
          Global Moderator
          • Aug 2007
          • 1089

          #94
          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

          Sorry it had to turn out that way, man. :/ If none of your family members accepted you in the real world, the FFR family sure has.

          It may be hard at first to go out without parental support, but we know you're strong enough to. Now go out there and make us proud.


          FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace

          Comment

          • awein999
            (ಠ⌣ಠ)
            • Oct 2007
            • 4647

            #95
            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

            Nice job handling the situation as well as you can Ken. I'm proud of you and you should be proud of yourself.
            Originally posted by Staiain
            i am super purple hippo

            Comment

            • Reincarnate
              x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
              • Nov 2010
              • 6332

              #96
              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

              Sucks that your parents had to react that way, flipsta.

              I've been living on my own for a long, long, long time now, as a result of family circumstances (albeit different ones)... so hopefully I can offer some words of solace from my own experience: It gets better. A lot better.

              It's hard to be disconnected from your family (both emotionally and financially), but sometimes it's the only viable solution. You now have the opportunity to make more friends and craft your own family and thus your own home -- surrounded by people who care for and accept you without petty bigotry and irrational judgment.

              Like Chaz said, though, we're all here if you need help -- I'm sorry things turned out this way but I just want you to know that you definitely did the right thing and chose an ideal time.

              Comment

              • Netjet!
                Sic itur ad astra
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jan 2008
                • 4701

                #97
                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                Damn, flipsta. So sorry to hear how they reacted. You're a great person and I know you will do so much better on your own. I'm extremely disappointed that your parents would do such a thing to you - they should really be ashamed, because after all it's YOUR life.
                RIP Steve Van Ness <3

                Comment

                • flipsta_lombax
                  Lombax Connoisseur
                  • May 2006
                  • 2556

                  #98
                  Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                  I really appreciate the support and comments from everyone here, one of the many reasons I can't leave this community: you all are like family to me, over the Internet. It doesn't seem like anyone disagrees with my position so I'll just let fate take its course. My parents are still my parents and in the end, I will be there if they need me. We won't be as close as a family anymore though... I'm over that for sure.

                  But I refuse for my life to go downhill for petty and closed-minded words. Life moves on.
                  Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                  Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                  Comment

                  • dragonmegaXX
                    ITG playing fur
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jul 2008
                    • 3661

                    #99
                    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                    Should have let her find your computer full of gayness like my mom did on mine.

                    More fun reactions that way. ^_^

                    Comment

                    • UserNameGoesHere
                      FFR Veteran
                      • May 2008
                      • 1114

                      #100
                      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                      Originally posted by dragonmegaXX
                      Should have let her find your computer full of gayness like my mom did on mine.

                      More fun reactions that way. ^_^
                      Do tell. We need the full story.
                      Originally posted by Crashfan3
                      Man, what would we do without bored rednecks?
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • dragonmegaXX
                        ITG playing fur
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 3661

                        #101
                        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                        Left my email open
                        ->
                        mom checks my computer cause shes snoopy and h8's on me
                        ->
                        lots of gayfur*** material
                        ->
                        mom: O_o -> 3:< -> DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:<

                        Comment

                        • rushyrulz
                          Digital Dancing!
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 12985

                          #102
                          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                          read 3 pages of this thread and said **** it I'mma post anyway.

                          The only circumstances in which I would come out to my parents would be:
                          *One or both of them constantly getting on my ass about getting a girlfriend
                          -I would have to put them out of their misery and crush their hopes of <more> grandchildren there.
                          *If I get blatantly asked about it
                          -Even then I would respond with a 'wtf it's not your biznass' type of tone.
                          *I get accused of raping some bitch and getting her pregnant or something
                          -This one was just for lulz.


                          So yea, I don't really think it's any of their business, at least while I'm not in a relationship with anyone. Thankfully neither of my parents would cite the bible or anything upon my coming out. My mom and I aren't even the same religion (my religion is referring to catholic, since I went to catholic school for 8 years and got confirmed and shit w/e, but I'm agnostic anyway) so I'd just thumb nose anything she says anyway. The way I see it, in my current situation, it's a risk without a reward. I'm not feeling 10 tons of inner turmoil on the subject that needs to be unleashed this instant and it's not worth getting banished from the house or something from coming out.

                          Congratulations flipsta, although I don't like pussy I can sure be a giant one when it comes to disclosing information like that to people I'm close to. Spekt.

                          Originally posted by dragonmegaXX
                          Left my email open
                          ->
                          mom checks my computer cause shes snoopy and h8's on me
                          ->
                          lots of gayfur*** material
                          ->
                          mom: O_o -> 3:< -> DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:<
                          And that's why I don't download shit and clear my history often.
                          Last edited by rushyrulz; 04-4-2012, 01:10 PM.


                          Comment

                          • bmah
                            shots FIRED
                            Profile Moderator
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            Global Moderator
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 8448

                            #103
                            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                            Phew. Let's not derail the topic anymore.

                            Comment

                            • Syhto
                              BuMP it
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 2466

                              #104
                              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                              suddenly all of ffr is gay who knew
                              Originally posted by ~jrodd
                              keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                              Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                              I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                              Comment

                              • 25thhour
                                I like max
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 2922

                                #105
                                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                                Originally posted by Syhto
                                suddenly all of ffr is gay who knew
                                It's the internet everyone is gay, even if proven straight.
                                r bae adam bae max bae bridget bae claudia bae trevor bae adam2 bae mayo bae keith bae

                                Comment

                                Working...