So I finally came clean to my parents.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Reincarnate
    x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
    • Nov 2010
    • 6332

    #61
    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

    Sounds like a potential movie deal, man

    Comment

    • Cavernio
      sunshine and rainbows
      • Feb 2006
      • 1987

      #62
      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

      Perhaps if you could ever convince your parents that you *can't* just change that you're gay, even if you wanted to, might be the biggest achievement into them accepting you for how you are.

      Comment

      • ninjaKIWI
        plain old ugly ass dumbas
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2006
        • 3307

        #63
        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

        Originally posted by Winrar
        "Came clean" could mean anything. It could even be that you were hiding a bad test score cause you were doing something else other than studying, like going to narnia.

        It seems like a lot of peoples first thoughts on this would be coming out of the closet.
        But... that's what it was... I don't see where you're going with this.
        Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
        "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
        "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
        "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
        "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
        "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
        "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

        Comment

        • qqwref
          stepmania archaeologist
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2005
          • 4092

          #64
          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
          how dare you use copyrighted indeed(R)(C)(TM) property

          I hereby request a royalty payment of three (3) posts, to be delivered to our forum immediately
          Best AAA: Policy In The Sky [Oni] (81)
          Best SDG: PANTS (86)
          Best FC: Future Invasion (93)

          Comment

          • Winrar
            Quasi-porn
            • Jan 2008
            • 1843

            #65
            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

            Originally posted by ninjaKIWI
            But... that's what it was... I don't see where you're going with this.
            My computer derped and showed rubix's as the first post and this was the only page

            Ignore my retarded posts.

            Originally posted by Staiain
            I'm sorry but... *flicks hair* I don't DO 0.x rates 8)

            Comment

            • flipsta_lombax
              Lombax Connoisseur
              • May 2006
              • 2556

              #66
              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

              Originally posted by Cavernio
              There's some cousin in your family right now who's like 'Yes, I'm no longer the biggest disappointment to the family, at least for now!' You totally made their day :-p
              I have a transsexual uncle but that's all I know. And far from disappointment at least from my side. I know I've done my part and my responsibility. If by disappointment meaning I'm not going to partake exchanging my gene pool, I should be doing the family a great deal of a favor...

              Originally posted by ninjaKIWI
              I'm bisexual, I've never really seen why everybody makes such a big deal of telling their parents. Telling my parents hasn't even ever crossed my mind. It isn't really any of their business, who cares.
              Most of the time, my parents talk about people's unorthodoxies and make it a big deal. I could have been trying to get something out of them knowing their own son is one of those people they shun and put down a lot.

              Originally posted by Cavernio
              Perhaps if you could ever convince your parents that you *can't* just change that you're gay, even if you wanted to, might be the biggest achievement into them accepting you for how you are.
              They'll accept me eventually, but I highly doubt they can accept the fact being gay isn't something simple as just "liking the same sex because I chose to start it on my own". My dad even brought up some gays get married to women just to be morally correct. This is also why I stopped talking.
              Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

              Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

              Comment

              • Vanilla Mnm
                cavs
                • Dec 2007
                • 3258

                #67
                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                That's good dude. Tbh I think it's a lot more accepted (still not close to fully) in society, just adults/older people seem to have a problem with it. My dad, I know, would be pissed considering he is very religious and I would probably never tell him.

                Comment

                • Winrar
                  Quasi-porn
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 1843

                  #68
                  Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                  Originally posted by ninjaKIWI
                  I'm bisexual, I've never really seen why everybody makes such a big deal of telling their parents. Telling my parents hasn't even ever crossed my mind. It isn't really any of their business, who cares.
                  This explains my situation, except I'd lean more towards curious.
                  I'm not tight with my family. They love me to death, but we don't really talk much. Parents keep yelling at each other so I see no point in telling them personal stuff.

                  Originally posted by Staiain
                  I'm sorry but... *flicks hair* I don't DO 0.x rates 8)

                  Comment

                  • TC_Halogen
                    Rhythm game specialist.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 19376

                    #69
                    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                    I actually didn't know that you were gay.

                    It's also quite surprising to not only see a lot of people admitting that they too share the same fate, but also to see a lot of people being entirely supportive of it. Congratulations on mustering up the courage to tell your parents -- when you have clashing morals (especially within religious families), things can get downright ugly.

                    EDIT: and also, awesome to all of you openly admitting and being confident that people will respect your opinions, because it definitely seems like that is the case here.

                    Comment

                    • Vanilla Mnm
                      cavs
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 3258

                      #70
                      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                      When did you realize you were gay?

                      Comment

                      • kommisar
                        Dark Chancellor
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 7328

                        #71
                        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                        a shame your parents think "wrong" of you.


                        honestly it just makes you another person I don't see the big deal with being gay hehu

                        Comment

                        • flipsta_lombax
                          Lombax Connoisseur
                          • May 2006
                          • 2556

                          #72
                          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                          Originally posted by Vanilla Mnm
                          When did you realize you were gay?
                          Very young of age... about the age of 6-7 when I started to "act funny" around male counterparts, but didn't admit it to myself until 6th grade. I kept it under wraps since then, kept it a secret so hard as if my life depended on it. I acted to the point where no one finds out, even got myself to go out with girls just to see if that'll change anything.


                          Nope.avi
                          Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                          Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                          Comment

                          • Phynx
                            I'm Forever
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 3005

                            #73
                            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                            While support from someones parents can be crucial and important to an individual and their intentions, it's not always necessary with the rest of the world, especially your friends support you. I for one have always accepted you without question as a great man Flip Don't let any hard feelings from your parents ruin the mood for you. Be free with that shit <3
                            Guardin' of the Scared Shrine

                            Comment

                            • Arntonach
                              Owlbears Rock!
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 2494

                              #74
                              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                              You're going to have an awkward phase where your parents are going to get used to it, but once that passes, you can worry about bigger things. Of course, that's saying if they let it pass...
                              pack of hard stuffs

                              pack of my stuffs

                              Comment

                              • Flandre Scarlet
                                Death
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 903

                                #75
                                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                                Congrats on having the courage to do that. For me, starting to come to terms with myself being bi, probably won't let any of my family know for many years, but might try and tell to my mum sometime in the next year or so.

                                She's told me many times before that she doesn't care if I was gay or not years ago, just that I be confident and everything in life, and try to have a good future...but it's still hard to think about me having to tell her one day :/
                                Playing FFR/Lurking around the forums since Dec. 2004

                                Comment

                                Working...