So I finally came clean to my parents.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jake Ferguson
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2011
    • 995

    #166
    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

    Originally posted by Elite Ninja
    WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised


    "- Homosexuality is a patterned lifestyle predisposed by termperament and child rearing. It is a sin because it goes against the nature of God. 1 Cor. 6:9 claims that homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of God. Other sins are also included in a list of offenses. Traditionally, male homosexuals develop from creative temperaments being sensitive and intuitive paired with overly dominant mothers and weak or non-existent fathers. Just because there is a reason, doesn’t mean it is okay. It is a sin. All sin depends on the sinner recognizing the sin and choosing against it. To remain homosexual is a choice!"
    It makes me kinda depressed that this is being tought. This is a religious school right? And actually, my father is overly-dominant and my mother is weak. Hm...

    Originally posted by Elite Ninja
    He has the choice to not remain as a homosexual.
    And no offense, but this is also kinda close-minded. It'd be like waking up one morning and saying "hey, you know what? I don't think I want to be a homosexual anymore.
    I'm now attracted to women." Personally, I can't help find males attractive. It's not like I can just change and start finding women sexually attractive.



    Comment

    • Mau5
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2011
      • 790

      #167
      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

      Originally posted by Elite Ninja
      WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised


      "- Homosexuality is a patterned lifestyle predisposed by termperament and child rearing. It is a sin because it goes against the nature of God. 1 Cor. 6:9 claims that homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of God. Other sins are also included in a list of offenses. Traditionally, male homosexuals develop from creative temperaments being sensitive and intuitive paired with overly dominant mothers and weak or non-existent fathers. Just because there is a reason, doesn’t mean it is okay. It is a sin. All sin depends on the sinner recognizing the sin and choosing against it. To remain homosexual is a choice!"
      Your teacher needs to quit. I'm with jake on this one, highly disappointed he is trying to claim this in a classroom even.

      I'm not surprised at all that he "forgot" to mention this (verse 10 and 11).

      9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind 10: nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11: And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.


      So basically, along with homosexuals, your teacher also basically says people who have ever lied, drunkards, people who have been greedy, or stolen (etc) all are going to hell.
      Show your teacher verse 11 where it says the Christian god's son died to justify all of this so that you and I may go to heaven regardless of sin.

      Oh yeah and verse 9, saying "effeminate" is NOT enough to claim that homosexuality is a sin.
      I hate when people try and claim 1 cor 6: 9 is enough to say homosexuality is a sin. Your teacher needs to be removed from public teaching at the least if that's the instance in any other area of what he teaches haha because that is too majorly opinionated
      How to start an argument online:
      Step 1) Express an opinion
      Step 2) Wait....

      Originally posted by Arntonach
      It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.

      Comment

      • fido123
        FFR Player
        • Sep 2005
        • 4245

        #168
        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

        In all honesty regardless if you're in favor of homosexuality not being wrong I find most people just look at sexuality in general completely and utterly wrong. We live in a very sex negative culture and I'm pretty sure we can all understand how admitting to people in general about you're homosexuality or any other "abnormal" sexual behaviour can be extremely embarrassing. I believe most people aren't 100% straight or 100% gay. I believe most people at some level are bisexual, but society has a lot of power over us.

        Comment

        • GuidoHunter
          is against custom titles
          • Oct 2003
          • 7371

          #169
          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

          Originally posted by Jake Ferguson
          And no offense, but this is also kinda close-minded. It'd be like waking up one morning and saying "hey, you know what? I don't think I want to be a homosexual anymore.
          I'm now attracted to women." Personally, I can't help find males attractive. It's not like I can just change and start finding women sexually attractive.
          I think it's less "You can will yourself to be straight!" and more "You can go without boning dudes".

          From a religious standpoint, the sin is not loving another man, but lusting after or having sex with him.

          Your behavior is a lot more controllable than your feelings.

          --Guido

          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          Originally posted by Grandiagod
          She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
          Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

          Comment

          • fido123
            FFR Player
            • Sep 2005
            • 4245

            #170
            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

            Originally posted by GuidoHunter
            I think it's less "You can will yourself to be straight!" and more "You can go without boning dudes".

            From a religious standpoint, the sin is not loving another man, but lusting after or having sex with him.

            Your behavior is a lot more controllable than your feelings.

            --Guido
            Going against your homosexuality though is going against your vary nature. What is wrong with it after all? I can't see a single thing wrong with it from a non-religious stand on it. Religious arguments are an entirely different thing though. Through friends and family I've heard of a couple of cases where gay guys in denial going nuts cause they have a family and are locked in a heterosexual relationship for life. I'd rather not deal with that and do something with no negative consequences besides social stuff.

            Comment

            • NeoMasterPie
              Forum User
              • Jul 2007
              • 1405

              #171
              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

              Originally posted by flipsta_lombax
              Is it wrong to be gay? thread
              V2


              It better fuccen not be.
              ook

              Comment

              • fido123
                FFR Player
                • Sep 2005
                • 4245

                #172
                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                Shit I'll stop srry >:

                Comment

                • rushyrulz
                  Digital Dancing!
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 12985

                  #173
                  Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                  If the majority of humans are born with a natural born fear of spiders, and lets say 10% don't, why is it such a strange concept for people to grasp that 90% are born liking the opposite sex and 10% are born liking the same sex?

                  Did a spider bite 90% of babiesm inflicting some illness that causes the fear to be rational? I know some people play the

                  Traditionally, male homosexuals develop from creative temperaments being sensitive and intuitive paired with overly dominant mothers and weak or non-existent fathers. Just because there is a reason, doesn’t mean it is okay. It is a sin.
                  environmental cause bullshit card, but my dad wasn't/isn't a weak father figure and I'm not subjected to effeminate behaviors more often than masculine behaviors. I was born gay just like I was born afraid as **** of spiders.

                  Keep in mind none of the stats presented in this post are incredibly accurate, but around 10-11% of people are homosexuals, I have no idea the % of people afraid of spiders, but I would imagine it would be above the 75th percentile.


                  Comment

                  • Aldentron
                    Forum User
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 828

                    #174
                    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                    lol imagine this
                    the lines of sexuality become so blurred that two gay dudes and a surrogate mother get married and have a kid. kid grows up to be super genius because of the attention it receives from all three parents

                    woooooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhh
                    Originally posted by top
                    what the hell happened to alden
                    i remember a time when he wuz kewl

                    like... wut

                    Comment

                    • flipsta_lombax
                      Lombax Connoisseur
                      • May 2006
                      • 2556

                      #175
                      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                      Originally posted by Elite Ninja
                      WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised


                      "- Homosexuality is a patterned lifestyle predisposed by termperament and child rearing. It is a sin because it goes against the nature of God. 1 Cor. 6:9 claims that homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of God. Other sins are also included in a list of offenses. Traditionally, male homosexuals develop from creative temperaments being sensitive and intuitive paired with overly dominant mothers and weak or non-existent fathers. Just because there is a reason, doesn’t mean it is okay. It is a sin. All sin depends on the sinner recognizing the sin and choosing against it. To remain homosexual is a choice!"
                      Classic example of Biblical contradiction, another reason why the Bible should not epitomize faith in God or its religion.

                      Again, I can be true to myself and live to be a homosexual or choose to live a lie. Because of how wired I was into religious moral, I've chosen against it before. I've tried so hard to be attracted to chicks, playing it straight. But did they work? I'm afraid not.

                      Yo dawg, I heard you like to sin. So let's cover a sin with another sin so you can go to hell while avoiding hell.

                      EDIT:
                      Originally posted by NeoMasterPie
                      ook
                      Annoying, I know...
                      Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                      Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                      Comment

                      • devonin
                        Very Grave Indeed
                        Community Manager
                        Event Staff
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 10120

                        #176
                        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                        Guido, you're confusing being homosexual with engaging in homosexual behavior.

                        It's also INCREDIBLY offensive and patronising to come out with the "Maybe you can't help being gay, but if you forcibly stop yourself from ever engaging in homosexual behavior, then God might still let you into heaven"

                        Also I feel like I'd like to see some data on this "for every genetic conslusion, there is an environmental conclusion" claim. Also, please disregard any study conducted by or for a group that feels homosexuality is -bad- instead of simply an existing concept to study. It's in the best interests of those opposed to homosexuality to conclude that it is a free choice, because it justifies their ability to view it negatively. If it were actually concluded that it is even only in a slim majority of cases, they simply were made that way (made by God, in God's image, in that way) it would be a lot harder to justify treating it as a horrible evil sin.

                        Show me where unbiased scientific sources who don't have an agenda to come down on one side or the other are concluding environment in equal numbers to genetic.

                        Comment

                        • Aldentron
                          Forum User
                          • Jul 2007
                          • 828

                          #177
                          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                          Originally posted by devonin
                          It's also INCREDIBLY offensive and patronising to come out with the "Maybe you can't help being gay, but if you forcibly stop yourself from ever engaging in homosexual behavior, then God might still let you into heaven"
                          one of my most glorious facebook status updates (200+ comment religion fight) started because some catholic girl said that shit. you might as well castrate yourself if you're not going to act on your sexuality. those catholic priests weren't allowed to play with the nuns, so they started molesting the altar boys, and who really knows how long that's been going on? aren't most serial killers sexually repressed? don't you think something bad would come of doing so? for instance, getting frustrated that you can't sleep with your boyfriend so you go out and rape a female so you can get into heaven? ****ed up religious logic does ****ed up things yo
                          Originally posted by top
                          what the hell happened to alden
                          i remember a time when he wuz kewl

                          like... wut

                          Comment

                          • rushyrulz
                            Digital Dancing!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 12985

                            #178
                            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                            Sex is reserved for the straights only just like the front of the bus is reserved for whites only, sorry ***s.

                            Can't wait to get out of this dumb rut we're stuck in.

                            Also I never got a chance to thank you for giving that movie a chance, flipsta. I knew you would get something out of it . In fact, I would encourage anybody who gives a shit about this religion vs. homosexuality topic to watch it. It truly is a good movie on its own, setting the message aside.


                            EDIT: If God doesn't want me to jack off or act on homosexuality, I'm going to have a seeerious case of blue balls when I get into heaven.
                            Last edited by rushyrulz; 04-9-2012, 11:57 AM.


                            Comment

                            • JiZ53
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 31

                              #179
                              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                              Originally posted by Elite Ninja
                              "- Homosexuality is a patterned lifestyle predisposed by termperament and child rearing. It is a sin because it goes against the nature of God. 1 Cor. 6:9 claims that homosexual offenders will not inherit the kingdom of God. Other sins are also included in a list of offenses. Traditionally, male homosexuals develop from creative temperaments being sensitive and intuitive paired with overly dominant mothers and weak or non-existent fathers. Just because there is a reason, doesn’t mean it is okay. It is a sin. All sin depends on the sinner recognizing the sin and choosing against it. To remain homosexual is a choice!"
                              " There have always been many sickly people among those who invent fables and long for god: they have a raging hate for the enlightened man and for the youngest of virtues which is called honesty.
                              They are always looking back to the dark ages: then, indeed, illusion and faith were a different question; raving of the reason was likeness to God, and doubt was sin.
                              I know these Godlike people all too well: they want to be believed in, and doubt to be sin. I know all too well what it is they themselves most firmly believe in.
                              Truly not in afterworlds and redeeming drops of blood: they believe most firmly in the body, and their own body is for them their thing-in-itself.
                              But it is a sickly thing to them: they would dearly like to get out of their skins. That is why they hearken to preachers of death and themselves preach afterworlds.
                              Listen rather, my brothers, to the voice of the healthy body: this is a purer voice and a more honest one.
                              Purer and more honest of speech is the healthy body, perfect and sqaure-built: and it speaks of the meaning of the earth.


                              Thus spoke Zarathustra"

                              Comment

                              • hi19hi19
                                lol happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 12194

                                #180
                                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                                The Bible says a lot of stupid shit that nobody follows.

                                For example it's a sin to:
                                Have a round haircut (Leviticus 19:27)
                                Touch a football (Leviticus 11:8)
                                Pull out while having sex (Genesis 38:9-10)
                                Get a tattoo (Leviticus 19:28)
                                Wear polyester (Leviticus 19:19)
                                Get a divorce (Mark 10:8, Mark 10:9)
                                Braid your hair or wear gold (1 Timothy 2:9)
                                Eat shellfish (Leviticus 11:10)

                                And many more.

                                If you're going to ignore the section of Leviticus that bans about tattoos, pork, shellfish, round haircuts, polyester and football, how can you possibly turn around and quote Leviticus 18:22 ("You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.") as irrefutable law?
                                I've never understood this. If you are going to quote the Bible as law, you better fuccen be following the Bible yourself. Which means take off your blended fabric shirt, you sinner!


                                Comment

                                Working...