So I finally came clean to my parents.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nois-or-e
    SponCon Aficionado
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Mar 2007
    • 3250

    #31
    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

    credit to you mate, that took some balls~

    Comment

    • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
      nobody fiffers anymore.
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2006
      • 2440

      #32
      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

      Oh hi again Kenny after about 3 billion years. x_x

      Sorry to hear about your parents reactions, but at least you're in control of your life and have your shit together; I made the mistake of coming out (well, revealing I was involved with another guy; I doubt they could even comprehend me "coming out" in the traditional sense) after a long period of emotional turmoil and trouble with them, and I knew they'd be opposed to it, but I decided they deserved to know the truth. Boy was I wrong. I wouldn't be in the piece of shit situation I am now had I not done that, and would have probably been with my beloved a lot more. It's bad enough only the close family knows about it...the rest of my family is even worse, and if the news breaks, I'll have absolutely no support, something my father has been holding over my head. My mother is the only support I really have, but she can't really do anything for me, because the family is in a tough situation now and is relying on each other, so that's kind of put her in the corner, and even she's getting sick of my shit now, because of problems with school and everything...I don't think she really understands how all this is affecting me. I hope I can get out of this soon...anyway, enough of my bitching.

      I'm glad you got that over with and that things are going much better than with me, ahah. Just keep on truckin' and all.

      ~WM
      ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

      Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

      Comment

      • DarknessXoXLight
        sonder
        • Mar 2007
        • 2279

        #33
        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

        Could have gone worse, I applaud your courage. Congrats~

        Comment

        • flipsta_lombax
          Lombax Connoisseur
          • May 2006
          • 2556

          #34
          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

          Originally posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon
          [message]~WM
          I'm sorry to hear that yours didn't turn out well.. just hang in there until you got your grip at independence. As far as family members hearing about me, my dad mentioned somewhere along the lines of "disappointment" coming from both sides of family, if they ever find out. How every fuccen body in the family has a mission statement on how my happy ass is going to live my life, yeah right.

          In due time man. When you can, take charge of your life and do what makes you happy. Even if it has to part with family.
          Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

          Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

          Comment

          • Brilliant Dynamite Neon
            nobody fiffers anymore.
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Dec 2006
            • 2440

            #35
            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

            Originally posted by flipsta_lombax
            I'm sorry to hear that yours didn't turn out well.. just hang in there until you got your grip at independence. As far as family members hearing about me, my dad mentioned somewhere along the lines of "disappointment" coming from both sides of family, if they ever find out. How every fuccen body in the family has a mission statement on how my happy ass is going to live my life, yeah right.

            In due time man. When you can, take charge of your life and do what makes you happy. Even if it has to part with family.
            Yeah, it'd be much easier to deal with if these people still didn't have so much control over my life. I've had a stroke of luck recently, though, and if parting with the family and going out on my own is what's going to have to happen, I'm just gonna go through with it. Me and my love need each other and I can't let anything get in the way of our freedom and happiness, so I'm making a game plan of sorts. I have people outside who know about it and are there to support me, and hopefully with their help I can move beyond this and take my life into my own hands. Thanks for listening and supporting, Ken. We definitely need to talk more...but for now I'm going to sleep.
            ~ OFFICIALLY RETIRED FROM FFR THE GAME AND FFR TWG ~

            Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes

            Comment

            • 00Razor00
              FFR Player
              • Jul 2006
              • 3530

              #36
              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

              Props on coming out! Hope everything goes swell for ya.


              Originally posted by t-rogdor
              hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

              Comment

              • hi19hi19
                lol happy
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Oct 2005
                • 12194

                #37
                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                Originally posted by flipsta_lombax
                oh my god...

                It's a cup of pure lulz
                I MUST TRY THIS BEFORE I DIE


                Comment

                • Xx{Midnight}xX
                  FFR Player
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 8548

                  #38
                  Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                  Originally posted by flipsta_lombax

                  Comment

                  • Hateandhatred
                    "The Quebec Steparatist."
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 1974

                    #39
                    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                    Hey that's awesome beer bro! =D

                    Just give your parents time to adapt. The reaction may have been pretty ass, but it's still a shock to people with these morals.

                    After like, a week, things should be just fine! =D It's not like they had time to prepare for this. Not that it's bad, but their minds processed very very quickly the question "how the **** am I supposed to react????"

                    It's all gonna be cool bro! =)

                    Pouring a Carlsberg down right now to your achievement! =D
                    Forgot where I put my old sig lol

                    Comment

                    • Reincarnate
                      x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 6332

                      #40
                      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                      *Massive* props to you, flipsta -- it always takes guts to do something like that, especially in front of parents who are obviously religiously-rooted.

                      There may be disappointment, but honestly, you have to live your life for yourself. It sounds like the sudden surge of self-sufficiency helped you work up the courage to keep in line with that notion. Your family, at the very least, will still love you even if they may vehemently disagree with your lifestyle.

                      Congrats!

                      Comment

                      • Nullifidian
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 1837

                        #41
                        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                        I'm proud of you, Ken. I'd imagine it takes a lot of courage so good job on you.

                        Comment

                        • moches
                          FFR Player
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3996

                          #42
                          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                          Very brave on your part. I hope everything works out.

                          Comment

                          • kmay
                            Don't forget me
                            • Jan 2007
                            • 6532

                            #43
                            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                            i don't have enough courage to come out yet. my parents are religious as **** as well. doesnt it seem like it always happens this way?

                            Comment

                            • flipsta_lombax
                              Lombax Connoisseur
                              • May 2006
                              • 2556

                              #44
                              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                              Originally posted by kmay
                              i don't have enough courage to come out yet. my parents are religious as **** as well. doesnt it seem like it always happens this way?
                              I was expecting more bad reaction really, but as long as tables aren't flipped and you aren't harmed, how my parents reacted is probably the best way.. until they show how they really feel about it later in the week, which I will be paying close attention to.

                              Seeing other coming clean posts from other sites, I have heard better acceptance from religious parents. And worse... much worse. Come clean to your parents when you are prepared and know what to do for any reaction. ANY.
                              Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                              Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                              Comment

                              • BethanyBangs
                                ~
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 730

                                #45
                                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                                I'm very proud of you man. That takes a lot of guts. Now go on and live happily :3 *hi5*
                                ~

                                Comment

                                Working...