So I finally came clean to my parents.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JiZ53
    Banned
    • Feb 2012
    • 31

    #136
    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

    If I had son who turned out to be gay, I would be disappointe not because I'm homophobic bdut because I am not gay. I would take pride in seeing my son wity women because I would see myself in him, a sort of vicarious enjoyment that I would not feel seeing him with other men. Another concern I would have is that he would be less likely to father children and if he were to have a child I would be concerned about the lack of a mother figure in the childs life.

    My mother is a lesbian so I am no stranger to homosexuals because I've been around them my whole life. I do not think homosexuality is a bad thing or that it is unnatural(i believe that everyone is bisexual)

    Comment

    • devonin
      Very Grave Indeed
      Community Manager
      Event Staff
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Apr 2004
      • 10120

      #137
      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

      Originally posted by JiZ53
      If I had son who turned out to be gay, I would be disappointe not because I'm homophobic bdut because I am not gay. I would take pride in seeing my son wity women because I would see myself in him, a sort of vicarious enjoyment that I would not feel seeing him with other men. Another concern I would have is that he would be less likely to father children and if he were to have a child I would be concerned about the lack of a mother figure in the childs life.

      My mother is a lesbian so I am no stranger to homosexuals because I've been around them my whole life. I do not think homosexuality is a bad thing or that it is unnatural(i believe that everyone is bisexual)
      Why does a 'mother figure' have to have breasts and a vagina?

      Comment

      • rushyrulz
        Digital Dancing!
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2006
        • 12985

        #138
        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

        Originally posted by Mau5
        Be homosexual if you want to be homosexual.
        Oh my God.


        Comment

        • fido123
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2005
          • 4245

          #139
          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

          Originally posted by Mau5
          Be homosexual if you want to be homosexual
          I was wondering if I was going to quote you on this but then I saw rushy's quote. I had a girlfriend for 2/3 of a year, and this is after I already thought I was gay. In hindsight I just really couldn't face the fact I was gay and this girl was coming on to me pretty hard. The relationship seemed shallow, never really felt a connection, and she looked like an effeminate gay guy (everybody I know thought she was an effeminate guy at first). We have A LOT in common but in the end I'm just gay and can't do shit about it no matter how hard I try. It's far easier to make this connection with guys for me. There's probably a girl out there somewhere I could be with, but that goes along the lines of JiZ53's "everybody is at least slightly bisexual" statement.

          Also on everything else you said, like I said before. It's one thing if OTHER people are homosexuals, but it's a completely different one when it's their kids.


          Originally posted by GuidoHunter
          This is Biblical ignorance. Of course, judging by the "I wish religion would just lay down and die already" comment, you're probably not interested in a refutation. I'm also not interested in derailing the thread, so we'll just move on...
          I'm actually quite interested on any passages that contradict what I said. If you say they're out there, I'll believe it. I've gotten this information from fairly bias sources and shallow Google searches. Also I don't really have a beef with people being religious because I think it's a human want to understand what existence is etc etc. Personally though I feel like all religions are false and it just really pisses me of that people think I'm "sinning" or doing wrong based off something that's even admitted to be baseless by the religion itself (faith). Anyway I'm just saying this to clarify my feelings towards religion and religious people. I don't want to derail this thread either but I wouldn't mind a response so I understand where you're coming from, from a religious point of view.
          Last edited by fido123; 04-6-2012, 04:07 PM.

          Comment

          • JiZ53
            Banned
            • Feb 2012
            • 31

            #140
            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

            Originally posted by devonin
            Why does a 'mother figure' have to have breasts and a vagina?
            My understanding of the biology of gender roles is by no means an educated understanding, but I do know that a mother and her child bond on a very deep level. This bond is cemented by breastfeeding and a number of hormonal interactions that the mother experiences. While I am sure that a male could satisfy the childs needs, he would not be able to provide all that a women can. A female mother figure is also important because it gives the child an opportunity to interact with a female on a daily basis, this is especially important if the child is a girl. The mother becomes the archetypal female to her children. If there is no female mother figure, the child will usually find a female figure to look up to.

            Comment

            • Aldentron
              Forum User
              • Jul 2007
              • 828

              #141
              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

              Originally posted by JiZ53
              If there is no female mother figure, the child will usually find a female figure to look up to.
              sounds good to me
              Originally posted by top
              what the hell happened to alden
              i remember a time when he wuz kewl

              like... wut

              Comment

              • devonin
                Very Grave Indeed
                Community Manager
                Event Staff
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Apr 2004
                • 10120

                #142
                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                Originally posted by Aldentron
                sounds good to me
                If I were gay and in a gay relationship and adopted/surrogated/etc a female child, there are plenty of excellent female role models in my life that such a child could look up to. Just none of them would happen to be her mother.

                Comment

                • fido123
                  FFR Player
                  • Sep 2005
                  • 4245

                  #143
                  Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                  Mother and Father are gender specific roles. Somebody can have two fathers, or two mothers, but when your parents are of the same gender you can't have both unless you throw somebody else of a different gender into the mix somehow.

                  Comment

                  • irionman
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Jul 2007
                    • 1196

                    #144
                    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                    Just a thought, but most parents seem to already know that their child is gay. I just find it weird that some people react so negatively when it is finally vocalized. It's not like they turned you that way, it's just something that they can't control. Congrats on coming out to them though.
                    smittyicecream 3:36 pm
                    yo this pot i just got smells like straight up doo doo (good doo doo), a pungeant strong smell




                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • GuidoHunter
                      is against custom titles
                      • Oct 2003
                      • 7371

                      #145
                      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                      Originally posted by All_That_Chaz
                      My problem with this is that not everyone prescribes to the same philosophy. It's easy to say that a parent loves their child when they're trying to get their beloved child who is addicted to heroin to go into rehab. Why should the child stop doing heroin? Because it will kill you. Why should the child stop being gay? Because you'll go to hell. The parent's conviction is brought about by love in both scenarios, but the consequence for being gay is founded entirely upon the parent's interpretation of the Bible, something the child doesn't necessarily believe in.
                      Of course. I wrote my whole post from the perspective of the parents. It creates an even greater divide when parents and child aren't on the same religious foundation, but it does help to better understand the other side. At the very least, it's better than "You're gay and you can't help it, **** 'em if they say otherwise!" advice.

                      The only thing I disagree with is that it's Ken's responsibility to "fight his parents with love." Everyone here is an adult, and I believe his parents are in the wrong. If anybody should be fighting to restore the relationship, it's his parents.
                      I think you misunderstand. First of all, Ken has no responsibility to try to restore the relationship with his parents; if he wants to walk away that's totally his call. It's just my counsel that he doesn't.

                      It's because his parents are in the wrong (mostly, at least; without knowing more we can't say that Ken's 100% blameless for how things turned out, but we can agree that kicking him out was a very bad idea) that Ken needs to be the one to stand up and fight. It's clear that they're willing to put him out and forget about him, so rather than walking away, be the bigger man and stand up. Show them that he's more interested in mending fences than fanning flames, that despite being gay, he's still a good person.

                      --Guido

                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      Originally posted by Grandiagod
                      She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                      Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                      Comment

                      • ichliebekase
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2006
                        • 3213

                        #146
                        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                        Not sure if this was made clear or not, but Ken wasn't necessarily "kicked out", he was already planning on moving long before he told his parents, and they just requested that he move out sooner.
                        Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
                        We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
                        =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
                        Garden Party - Dance, level 38

                        Comment

                        • Mau5
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 790

                          #147
                          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                          Originally posted by fido123
                          Also on everything else you said, like I said before. It's one thing if OTHER people are homosexuals, but it's a completely different one when it's their kids.
                          Homosexuality is not some sort of derogatory life choice, if anything i'd be proud that he has the balls to define himself to that extent and share it with the people that brought him into this world, I don't even think I would have the nerves to do something like that. Props to the OP.
                          How to start an argument online:
                          Step 1) Express an opinion
                          Step 2) Wait....

                          Originally posted by Arntonach
                          It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.

                          Comment

                          • rushyrulz
                            Digital Dancing!
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 12985

                            #148
                            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                            Originally posted by irionman
                            most parents seem to already know that their child is gay.
                            Cool stat.


                            Comment

                            • fido123
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 4245

                              #149
                              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                              Originally posted by Mau5
                              Homosexuality is not some sort of derogatory life choice, if anything i'd be proud that he has the balls to define himself to that extent and share it with the people that brought him into this world, I don't even think I would have the nerves to do something like that. Props to the OP.
                              The problem is not everybody has your reasoning.

                              Comment

                              • devonin
                                Very Grave Indeed
                                Community Manager
                                Event Staff
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Apr 2004
                                • 10120

                                #150
                                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                                Originally posted by fido123
                                Mother and Father are gender specific roles. Somebody can have two fathers, or two mothers, but when your parents are of the same gender you can't have both unless you throw somebody else of a different gender into the mix somehow.
                                Gender roles yes. Sex roles no. Gender is an artificial construct, and there's no reason why a gender role can't be fulfilled by someone of another sex.

                                Comment

                                Working...