So I finally came clean to my parents.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • All_That_Chaz
    Supreme Dictator For Life
    • Apr 2004
    • 5874

    #46
    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

    Kenny<3

    It's easy to say that you waited for the right time and all, but I can't imagine that it's as easy as just picking a time. I'm close with both of my parents. I wouldn't want to keep a secret like that from them. Rejection would be devastating. Even though you're your own man now, it must be rough knowing how your parents feel about you. We can always hope that they'll change and accept you, and they might surprise you, but I think it's more likely that they'll never see you the same again.

    Yeesh sorry I'm being such a downer! Anyway I'm saying all this because I'm sure you've thought about all of these things for years and years and it took amazing confidence to go through with it. Hearts, huggles, and agnry faices everywhere<3
    Back to "Back to Earth"
    Originally posted by FoJaR
    dammit chaz
    Originally posted by FoJaR
    god dammit chaz
    Originally posted by MalReynolds
    I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

    Comment

    • Cavernio
      sunshine and rainbows
      • Feb 2006
      • 1987

      #47
      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

      There's some cousin in your family right now who's like 'Yes, I'm no longer the biggest disappointment to the family, at least for now!' You totally made their day :-p

      Comment

      • Reg1nald
        Banned
        • Nov 2011
        • 1

        #48
        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

        Hmmmm...

        Comment

        • PrawnSkunk
          Administrator
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Administrator
          • Dec 2007
          • 3907

          #49
          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

          :')

          You were honest, so although you might not have preferred the answer you received, they have their right to be honest as well. lolbible

          Comment

          • Cavernio
            sunshine and rainbows
            • Feb 2006
            • 1987

            #50
            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

            I was the black sheep of my religious half of the family for moving in with a bf when I was 18. When people found out, suddenly my cousin who drank too much a little too often wasn't the topic of conversation.

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #51
              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

              Well you know that they still love you. They didn't kick you out or anything. And thats truly what matters.

              Props man. I'll go ahead and drink my next beer to you.

              Comment

              • pokelda
                ⁽ ´ཀ`⁾
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jun 2006
                • 3878

                #52
                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                way to take what most of us would consider the hardest step grats

                Comment

                • CammyGoesRawr
                  nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 2477

                  #53
                  Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                  Damn Ken, this must have been hard. I have yet to come out to my parents about this, so i commend you for stepping up and telling them, regardless of their reaction. It's not wrong at all that your gay, and you can't control their opinions i guess.

                  Congrats (:

                  Comment

                  • phe0nixblade
                    Praise the sun mofo
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 4281

                    #54
                    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                    Respect bro, I know how hard that could be cause of my friend when he came out his parents kicked him out and he was homeless for a while.
                    Good thing knowing it's off your chest and that though, must be a huge weight off of your shoulders.

                    Comment

                    • Calcium Deposit
                      I am the liquor
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • May 2007
                      • 706

                      #55
                      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                      I honestly think the best time to walk out of that particular closet is shortly after you move out of your parent's home.

                      Because at least then it's less of a gamble and more of a "This is how I am like it or leave it" and you'll be very far away when the shit rains down if it does.

                      Though I wouldn't know for sure since I'm straight and obsessed with vaginae (apparently this is the plural of vagina who knew)

                      Comment

                      • ninjaKIWI
                        plain old ugly ass dumbas
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Aug 2006
                        • 3307

                        #56
                        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                        I'm bisexual, I've never really seen why everybody makes such a big deal of telling their parents. Telling my parents hasn't even ever crossed my mind. It isn't really any of their business, who cares.
                        Originally posted by Jewpinthethird
                        "Hey Keywii" Said Foil in a raspy voice.
                        "Hey Foil. What's that you got there?" inquired Keywii.
                        "Oh, just my cock." Replied Foil.
                        "That just will not do." was keywii's response as she lunged for the scissors, pulled the blades apart, and clamped them down on the base of foil's shaft. Blood start gushing out of the wound where his penis used to be.
                        "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yelled Foil in horror.
                        "Don't worry. I'm a wizard" uttered Keywii. And with that, Foil's penis grew back.

                        Comment

                        • Aldentron
                          Forum User
                          • Jul 2007
                          • 828

                          #57
                          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                          hi five dawg. stand up to your oppressor, take pride in being you. you are an individual and you are able to set your own standards for yourself.
                          Originally posted by top
                          what the hell happened to alden
                          i remember a time when he wuz kewl

                          like... wut

                          Comment

                          • ichliebekase
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2006
                            • 3213

                            #58
                            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                            Originally posted by flipsta_lombax
                            EDIT: And oh just to throw this in the bag, my dad is CONVINCED that I can change my sexuality. Anyone want to share a cup of LOL with me? Please I have plllllllenty.
                            I've seen this so many times, it's ridiculous.

                            Originally posted by Jerry DB
                            our parents grew up being spoon fed wrong ideas.
                            omfg yes. You have no idea how many times I've debated with my parents (and grandparents) about stuff like this.

                            Originally posted by Cavernio
                            There's some cousin in your family right now who's like 'Yes, I'm no longer the biggest disappointment to the family, at least for now!' You totally made their day :-p
                            While not necessarily the nicest thing to say, it, unfortunately, is true :P

                            Congrats to you though, it's something to be proud of, to stand up to your parents and take the religious beating they're giving.
                            Glorious Morning - Misc, level 48
                            We Will Fly - Dance 2, level 53
                            =.The Ocean.= - Dance 2, level 56, collab with krunkykai22
                            Garden Party - Dance, level 38

                            Comment

                            • Sky Kitten
                              meowmix
                              Community Manager
                              Profile Moderator
                              Global Moderator
                              • Aug 2007
                              • 1089

                              #59
                              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                              I've already congratulated you on this effort in Profile Chat, but I'm going to do it again. It takes a lot of guts, but you built up the courage and at least it's one big weight off your chest. So good for you.


                              FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace

                              Comment

                              • MrGiggles
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 2846

                                #60
                                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                                Oh, you think your life is hard? Man, I have to keep telling my parents that I'm not gay.

                                Seriously though, good on you. There's nothing wrong with the way you are, that's bullshit and you probably know it.

                                btw
                                I honestly think the best time to walk out of that particular closet is shortly after you move out of your parent's home.
                                seconded, if I had a nickel for every "help reddit my parents kicked me out because I told them I'm The Last Dickbender" post I could probably get myself a reasonably fancy dinner.
                                Last edited by MrGiggles; 03-28-2012, 12:18 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...