So I finally came clean to my parents.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cavernio
    sunshine and rainbows
    • Feb 2006
    • 1987

    #151
    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

    Women with young children are also likely to suffer from post partum depression monkeyman, something brough about by natural hormonal changes. I'd trust my baby to get a better bond with an undepressed father over a depressed me any day of the week.

    Comment

    • fido123
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2005
      • 4245

      #152
      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

      Originally posted by devonin
      Gender roles yes. Sex roles no. Gender is an artificial construct, and there's no reason why a gender role can't be fulfilled by someone of another sex.
      I didn't realize there's a difference between gender and sex. Anyway ultimately I have to say I'm uneducated on the topic as I'm not really a biology guy, but I'm not sure if I agree with your statement. Male and female beings are not the same. Different sexes have different hormones and hard-wiring than each other. I also wonder if people (baby's especially) react differently to different genders not just because of psychological reasons but recognizing one's sex in some sort of hormonal hard-wire way makes you act differently around them. My sister always hogged my youngest cat when she was a kitten, and now I think that the cat looks up to my sister almost as a mother figure.

      Not saying your wrong, just offering my two cents and again, I'm uneducated on the manner so my opinion means squat anyway but it be interesting to hear what you have to say about this or somebody who's formally educated on the subject. Anyway perhaps we should make a new thread if we want to continue this discussion because this thread is about congratulating flipsta for his courage although we're at page 8 lol.

      Comment

      • kommisar
        Dark Chancellor
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Jun 2005
        • 7328

        #153
        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

        that in itself is a lack of esteem. anyone has the potential to be a great role model for their child, as long as they don't have their heads stuck up their asses and are open to whatever their child will become.

        Comment

        • fido123
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2005
          • 4245

          #154
          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

          I'm not saying two dad's or mom's aren't as capable of raising a child as a mixed gender relationship. I'm just saying there's a difference between a mom and a dad but it comes down to what kind of person they are. Sorry if there was any confusion.

          Comment

          • Mau5
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2011
            • 790

            #155
            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

            Originally posted by rushyrulz
            Oh my God.
            PS sorry i worded that wrong. Haha obviously you're like born gay or w/e.. You know what i mean though, don't let other people tell you something like THAT is wrong.
            How to start an argument online:
            Step 1) Express an opinion
            Step 2) Wait....

            Originally posted by Arntonach
            It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.

            Comment

            • GuidoHunter
              is against custom titles
              • Oct 2003
              • 7371

              #156
              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

              "Obviously"?

              --Guido

              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              Originally posted by Grandiagod
              She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
              Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

              Comment

              • Mau5
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2011
                • 790

                #157
                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                Is figuratively better?
                How to start an argument online:
                Step 1) Express an opinion
                Step 2) Wait....

                Originally posted by Arntonach
                It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.

                Comment

                • devonin
                  Very Grave Indeed
                  Community Manager
                  Event Staff
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 10120

                  #158
                  Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                  No, Obviously is a fine word. There's an overwhelming amount of good science that demonstrates that homosexuality/sexuality in general is largely a factor of genetics, chemicals in the brain, and effects during foetal development.

                  While I'm sure there are people who've chosen a non-zero sexuality on the Kinsey scale for whatever reason, the majority were, in fact, born that way.

                  Comment

                  • MaxGhost
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 2141

                    #159
                    Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                    Originally posted by devonin
                    the majority were, in fact, born that way.
                    inb4 lady gaga lol

                    Comment

                    • flipsta_lombax
                      Lombax Connoisseur
                      • May 2006
                      • 2556

                      #160
                      Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                      Originally posted by rushyrulz
                      just gonna put this here >.>

                      I just watched the entire video.. moving. I can relate to Bobby entirely. I would never have suicidal thoughts now, but I did tell my parents I have thought of it because of their mentally abusive ways in the past. But what edged me to even thinking of suicide when I was younger was the thought of my parents disowning me for knowing "the" truth. The feel of rejection.

                      The irony of it all.

                      I know it seems impossible for even my situation, knowing my parents and their stronghold on personal opinion, but I'm going to mail them this movie after I move out and hope that they watch and understand it. My expectations after that: nothing.
                      Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                      Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                      Comment

                      • GuidoHunter
                        is against custom titles
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 7371

                        #161
                        Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                        Originally posted by devonin
                        There's an overwhelming amount of good science that demonstrates that homosexuality/sexuality in general is largely a factor of genetics, chemicals in the brain, and effects during foetal development.
                        For every good study that suggests sexuality is genetic, there's a good study that suggests that it isn't. The only reasonable conclusion is that "we aren't sure one way or the other", which is why "obviously" isn't so obvious.

                        --Guido

                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        Originally posted by Grandiagod
                        She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                        Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                        Comment

                        • Mau5
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 790

                          #162
                          Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                          Originally posted by GuidoHunter
                          For every good study that suggests sexuality is genetic, there's a good study that suggests that it isn't. The only reasonable conclusion is that "we aren't sure one way or the other", which is why "obviously" isn't so obvious.

                          --Guido
                          So flipsta could theoretically only temporarily be homosexual then?
                          How to start an argument online:
                          Step 1) Express an opinion
                          Step 2) Wait....

                          Originally posted by Arntonach
                          It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.

                          Comment

                          • Mau5
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 790

                            #163
                            Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                            Originally posted by Elite Ninja
                            He has the choice to not remain as a homosexual.
                            I suppose that's true but it's the choice
                            What i meant was say someone went from liking girls, to liking guys and NOT liking girls, back to liking girls and NOT liking guys....

                            There's gotta be one true desire, i don't think something like that can just change, in my opinion it's always going to be one or the other haha, hence why i said "obviously born gay/straight" :P

                            Now i go back to props to flipsta for being true to yourself and defining yourself
                            Last edited by Mau5; 04-8-2012, 03:56 PM.
                            How to start an argument online:
                            Step 1) Express an opinion
                            Step 2) Wait....

                            Originally posted by Arntonach
                            It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.

                            Comment

                            • robertsona
                              missa in h-moll
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 4000

                              #164
                              Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                              "minorities being discriminated and getting shit flung at them for their minority-ness should just accept it" is a pretty Ron Paul Supporter position to have

                              Comment

                              • GuidoHunter
                                is against custom titles
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 7371

                                #165
                                Re: So I finally came clean to my parents.

                                Originally posted by Mau5
                                So flipsta could theoretically only temporarily be homosexual then?
                                The idea is that rather than being born gay, circumstances of his development led him in that direction. I don't think many concern themselves with whether that's permanent or not.

                                --Guido

                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                                Comment

                                Working...