TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blahblah18
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2004
    • 1662

    #106
    Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

    Ok, I've read everything, I'd love to talk to people other then TASS on AIM, please contact me, but i'll also go back to my old self and try and trap you all in crazy strings of logic.. I mean, I'd love to talk to you all again.. Anyways, current vote is on Guido because his posts seem reminiscent of old games where I've known him to be a wolf before. And although i'm less nervous of him after having reading some of his later posts, its still the person that seems most out of sorts with the goings on. It is the presence of a person that needs to show that his presence should be expected. It isn't the amount of activity, instead it is the breadth of people and ideas he's attempted to touch on. Also, I want to protect Hans, because I don't see this suspicion everyone else seems to in the least.

    Also, to jtusify any crap I said to Tass that people may have foudn incriminating.. The way I talk to Tass doesn't equal the way i talk to the world. My point to him in that convo was just that i wouldn't waste a kill in a game witrhout a guardian on someone like Iggy.

    time for me to start talking to all you
    but for now... postCount++

    Comment

    • blahblah18
      FFR Player
      • Aug 2004
      • 1662

      #107
      Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

      hey also, btw, how come no one AT ALL mentioned why thee is no guardian yet Tass and Talis are sitll alive... anyone? anyone? I'm calling major shenanigans. Also people, don't get caught in the whole trap of deciding between 2 people which is what the wolves want you to do, because 10 times out of 10, you're deciding between 2 humans. So just actually think of the goals of day 1, from both the human perspective and then the wolf perspective, and then ask yourself how peopel coudl ever get into a situation where the one of 2 choices is the wolf you're looking for....
      but for now... postCount++

      Comment

      • talisman
        Resident Penguin
        FFR Simfile Author
        • May 2003
        • 4598

        #108
        Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

        sketchy ass bandwagon vote there mini...

        still I'd be more leery of that if I didn't agree with the intention. I've been debating hans vs eb (what's with the afro votes, btw? seems like a whole lot of gut instinct and not much else) thing for a while now... both had almost equally "off" first posts, in my mind. The difference is that like eb said, he does have a history of posting off the top of his head and not caring what people think. Of course, he managed to evade everyone last game... hmm.

        Still the parallels between tass last game and hans this game and going after mead and tps respectively are hard to ignore. The "i'm a wolf lol" stuff I'm not sure I buy as indicative as anything. Doesn't really help though, that's for sure.

        ugh... eb. blah is telling me not to bandwagon and I agree (with the two choices theory)... I I'll let tass decide if it's going to be hans/afro/tps/whatever.

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #109
          Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

          My vote on Tps was only to ensure that someone other than me dies. I am pretty sure that Tps is human. That's why I'm switching my vote over to Hans. Admittedly, I don't have much of an opinion about Hans, but I'd rather it be him than Tps or I.

          Comment

          • Wilkin
            FFR Player
            • Nov 2005
            • 1800

            #110
            Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

            Rereading the posts again and again, I'd have to put my vote on eb. I don't think Hans would so obvious as to act like a wolf on crack, and I haven't gotten the wolf vibes from Tps that others do. I still have the impression of eb from the last game, and think it's still entirely possible for him to be a wolf again.
            l
            WWii║iiiiiiii▫
            ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
            ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




            OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

            Comment

            • HansSky
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2003
              • 1925

              #111
              Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

              I'm starting to feel the same way about tps as I did last game about talisman before he got lynched. I feel his is human. Last game, I did nothing about it...but this game I plan to. If nothing changes over the next 40 minutes or however long it is, then I will change it back.

              Guido due to his making **** up when he voted for me.
              hi

              Comment

              • talisman
                Resident Penguin
                FFR Simfile Author
                • May 2003
                • 4598

                #112
                Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

                TasselFoot (6:44:55 PM): PM me the convo you had with blah.

                Auto response from stressreliefball (6:44:55 PM): dinner

                stressreliefball (6:47:31 PM): can I post it?
                TasselFoot (6:47:39 PM): yes.
                stressreliefball (6:47:41 PM): k


                mastr414 (5:58:49 PM): hey buddy
                mastr414 (5:58:50 PM): I miss TWG
                mastr414 (5:58:51 PM): talk to me
                stressreliefball (5:58:55 PM): sup
                stressreliefball (5:58:59 PM): well voting time is nigh
                mastr414 (5:59:00 PM): what's going on
                mastr414 (5:59:04 PM): I just voted Guido
                stressreliefball (5:59:06 PM): hans tps and afro are all on the block
                stressreliefball (5:59:11 PM): oh I missed that
                stressreliefball (5:59:20 PM): hans seems to be the leading candidate
                mastr414 (5:59:25 PM): yup
                mastr414 (5:59:29 PM): i'm totalyl caught up on the thread
                mastr414 (5:59:31 PM): i don't need teh summary
                mastr414 (5:59:35 PM): just curious what you're thinking
                stressreliefball (5:59:38 PM): oh
                stressreliefball (5:59:44 PM): well I'm working on a post right now
                stressreliefball (6:00:02 PM): I'm leaning towards hans in the hans/eb situation
                stressreliefball (6:00:10 PM): that's basically the gist of it
                mastr414 (6:00:15 PM): and I don't understand where the situation is
                stressreliefball (6:00:29 PM): oh well it's not a situation for anyone else
                stressreliefball (6:00:42 PM): they were just the two I was seriously considering for today
                mastr414 (6:00:55 PM): oh
                mastr414 (6:00:57 PM): i was thinking EB
                mastr414 (6:01:00 PM): but not Hans at all
                mastr414 (6:01:06 PM): explain the hans aspect to me?
                mastr414 (6:01:13 PM): i'm genuinely not understand ing it
                mastr414 (6:01:18 PM): which is different frmo my usual outrage and indignation
                stressreliefball (6:01:26 PM): well my thinking is this
                stressreliefball (6:01:31 PM): one is his first post
                stressreliefball (6:01:46 PM): I think it seems off... a little too hasty to agree with the bane coming out plan, etc
                stressreliefball (6:01:58 PM): two is the way he's going after tps
                mastr414 (6:02:01 PM): and that's always the weakest excuse ever, no?
                mastr414 (6:02:07 PM): the first one
                mastr414 (6:02:11 PM): don't we always use it?
                stressreliefball (6:02:12 PM): it reminds me a lot of what tass just did last game with mead
                mastr414 (6:02:13 PM): and aren't we always wrong?
                mastr414 (6:02:28 PM): true, (i read last game)
                mastr414 (6:02:32 PM): but what i tihnk is mroe of a precedent
                mastr414 (6:02:36 PM): is that 2 people end up getting catty
                stressreliefball (6:02:36 PM): true, but there are others that I think made equally sketchy first posts
                mastr414 (6:02:39 PM): and wolves hop on
                mastr414 (6:02:50 PM): and force us to choose between two bad choices
                stressreliefball (6:03:10 PM): might be the case here... cept it's a three way debate
                mastr414 (6:03:17 PM): I jstu don't see
                mastr414 (6:03:23 PM): how a wolf lets himself embroiled in it
                mastr414 (6:03:32 PM): its thewhole, they have no need of anything close to that level of risk
                mastr414 (6:03:33 PM): day 1
                stressreliefball (6:03:42 PM): what do you mean by embroiled?
                stressreliefball (6:03:53 PM): like, becomes one of the targets, or bandwagons the vote?
                mastr414 (6:04:17 PM): both
                mastr414 (6:04:26 PM): they have no need to become a palpable target
                mastr414 (6:04:30 PM): its too easy to divert attention
                mastr414 (6:04:32 PM): when you have a group of 3
                stressreliefball (6:04:33 PM): right
                mastr414 (6:04:35 PM): to say things as neede
                mastr414 (6:04:39 PM): and no need to bandwagon
                mastr414 (6:04:40 PM): when day 1
                mastr414 (6:04:46 PM): you really don't care any of 10 targets that die
                mastr414 (6:05:04 PM): so i'm not really suspicions of any of that gang
                mastr414 (6:05:09 PM): except a small bit on EB, but not by much
                stressreliefball (6:05:33 PM): well no one has really voted out of the ordinary there
                stressreliefball (6:05:43 PM): afro didn't want to vote tps, that's probably notable
                stressreliefball (6:05:52 PM): ps out of the ordinary meaning not a bandwagon
                mastr414 (6:05:57 PM): well I don't want to vote aobut 8 people
                mastr414 (6:06:00 PM): is that notable?
                stressreliefball (6:06:16 PM): yeah, I guess
                mastr414 (6:07:31 PM): so how come
                mastr414 (6:07:31 PM): no one
                mastr414 (6:07:34 PM): has pondered
                mastr414 (6:07:36 PM): why you and tass are alive
                stressreliefball (6:07:53 PM): dunno
                stressreliefball (6:07:57 PM): I mean people did question why iggy
                stressreliefball (6:08:04 PM): which is sort of the other side of the same issue
                mastr414 (6:08:10 PM): not at all
                mastr414 (6:08:12 PM): very different issue
                stressreliefball (6:08:41 PM): well I mean, you're saying "why is it that tass/me wasn't attacked last night" right?
                mastr414 (6:09:45 PM): yeah
                mastr414 (6:09:49 PM): and one has to wonder about it
                stressreliefball (6:10:15 PM): I couldn't tell you why not... going after iggy is kind of an odd choice
                mastr414 (6:12:44 PM): i posted again btw
                stressreliefball (6:13:31 PM): read
                mastr414 (6:13:49 PM): is minineo neonitras?
                stressreliefball (6:13:55 PM): no, they're different
                mastr414 (6:13:58 PM): ok
                stressreliefball (6:16:24 PM): ugh you're making me think I should vote eb instead of hans now
                mastr414 (6:16:40 PM): he's definately more suspicious
                stressreliefball (6:17:11 PM): hmm
                stressreliefball (6:17:13 PM): fine
                stressreliefball (6:17:23 PM): if tass wants hans dead, then he can do it
                mastr414 (6:17:30 PM): although still not nearly as much as Guido
                stressreliefball (6:17:52 PM): I gave some thought to guido... not that much though since I agreed with him about hans
                mastr414 (6:18:07 PM): yeah
                mastr414 (6:18:10 PM): i guess its just my perspective
                mastr414 (6:18:13 PM): that i agreed with him about hans
                mastr414 (6:18:14 PM): but
                mastr414 (6:18:16 PM): specirficaly thought
                mastr414 (6:18:20 PM): that that in fact means nothing
                mastr414 (6:18:23 PM): which made me suspicious of him
                stressreliefball (6:25:05 PM): posted

                Comment

                • MilfeulleSakuraba
                  Ryoko Shintani is #1!
                  • Feb 2006
                  • 403

                  #113
                  Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

                  Miyata's Guide to Maple Street

                  Afro: 3 (eb, Jurs, Tps)
                  Hans: 4 (Guido, vash, Neo, Afro)
                  Tps: 1 (mead)
                  Guido: 2 (blah, Hans)
                  eb: 2 (talis, Wilkin)

                  Tass is all that's left, and he has a little under an hour.

                  EDIT: Forgot the title.
                  Last edited by MilfeulleSakuraba; 02-28-2006, 05:15 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Afrobean
                    Admiral in the Red Army
                    • Dec 2003
                    • 13262

                    #114
                    Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

                    Afrobean16 (7:30:52 PM): who would you really like to vote for?
                    Tps7910 (7:31:13 PM): guido
                    Afrobean16 (7:31:41 PM): feel free to then
                    Afrobean16 (7:31:49 PM): you're quite off the chopping block it seems
                    Afrobean16 (7:31:59 PM): 2 votes
                    Afrobean16 (7:32:05 PM): I have 3 and hans has 4
                    Afrobean16 (7:32:23 PM): if you take your vote off me
                    Afrobean16 (7:32:29 PM): I'll be open to vote for who I really want too

                    Why haven't you made the move for Guido, Tps? I would really appreciate your vote off of me if it is not in fact me whom you wish to have lynched.

                    PS note how I said 2 for Tps in the convo. It's now down to 1, and still no action from Tps.

                    Comment

                    • Tps222
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 6169

                      #115
                      Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

                      Well, after I re-read the thread, I'm going to have to go back to my initial suspicion on Guido.

                      First
                      Originally posted by guidohunter
                      I know this is just me being paranoid like I do every time a blue coming out is discussed, but once the bane comes out, we lose all chance of a guarding, confirmation of the bane, and the prospect of an extra day. I know that the bane coming out successfully would be great for us, but what do the wolves have to risk by faking it? Like Kilga said, we're not stupid enough to lynch the bane, so trading one-for-one isn't nearly as beneficial as doing so with, say, the seer or psychic.
                      After re-reading a few times, I don't see why guido would make that public knowledge. Sure, it explains a possible situation, but it helps us in now way. Perhaps the wolves may not have looked into it that far, but you just set it up for them. So I think, "Why would Guido do that, other than the fact that he likes to look on all sides of things". If a wolf posted that, no one would suspect that player for being a wolf, because of it's obvious stupidity for him to say. Thinking of Guido's past failures as a wolf (manhunt), I can see him trying something new like this.

                      Next-
                      Originally posted by Guido as a wolf in TWG 23
                      So, lemme get this straight.

                      If nobody else comes out as the lone green, eb becomes the center of the alliance and, for all intents and purposes, a confirmed human. Only bad possibility is if matt came out as the lone human to someone on eb's wolf team. This, however wouldn't be a problem, because that would leave nobody widowed. In order to check this, everyone could come out stating that their partners are alive. No green would lie and a wolf lying would...okay, the third wolf would come out as the widowed. Damn.

                      Well, the odds of that situation are mighty low, even though n00bs have come out to players in the past. Like last game, though, I'm disinclined to believe that that happened.

                      The only other problem with the widower coming out, as was mentioned, was if the wolf team wolfed one of their own members just to get in with eb. There's no guarantee that the wolves would get the guardian's identity from eb even if they did that. The only sure thing to gain from it is being buddy-buddy with eb, which isn't worth losing a team member, as far as I'm concerned.

                      Aaaaand I've taken too long to compose this post and have lost my train of thought. So as to avoid losing this by accidentally closing my browser, I'll just post this much now.
                      Look familiar anyone? Discussing the benefits for a wolf to pull a crazy move to get in with the figurehead of the alliance. Not needed to be brought up as a human.

                      More to come very shortly, just wanted to make sure this first part comes out.

                      Comment

                      • talisman
                        Resident Penguin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • May 2003
                        • 4598

                        #116
                        Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

                        The comparison to 23 is interesting, but I'm not sure I buy dismissing his bringing up of the "what if a wolf fakes it" scenario. Seems to me like there's plenty of reason to bring that up if no one mentions it, so as to save the seer from going to the bane prematurely, in case a wolf faked first.

                        Comment

                        • Tps222
                          FFR Player
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 6169

                          #117
                          Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

                          *In between posts*

                          Any decent TWG player, especially as the seer, knows of the chance of a fake alliance leader in any game. This one is no different.

                          Comment

                          • GuidoHunter
                            is against custom titles
                            • Oct 2003
                            • 7371

                            #118
                            Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

                            Tps, as a wolf, I would WANT the bane to come out because, as I stated above, there's no chance of a guarding/extra day and everyone else is up for grabs. I can't believe I'm being attacked for considering all sides of an issue. I think we can go ahead and give the wolves enough credit that they would think their own plans out. I do, even if nobody else does. I've also been a wolf enough times to realize that their plans are usually more well-though-out than the humans', so I saw no reason to not discuss something that could have had a VERY negative impact as a too-rash decision.

                            So I think, "Why would Guido do that, other than the fact that he likes to look on all sides of things". If a wolf posted that, no one would suspect that player for being a wolf, because of it's obvious stupidity for him to say.
                            Exact reason for what you quoted directly below this. I considered all sides of an issue that game because it's what I do, even if it gives away our strategy. As I think we can assume, no wolf has tried to fake a seer to Tass.

                            --Guido


                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            Originally posted by Grandiagod
                            She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                            Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #119
                              Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

                              Originally posted by talisman
                              The comparison to 23 is interesting, but I'm not sure I buy dismissing his bringing up of the "what if a wolf fakes it" scenario. Seems to me like there's plenty of reason to bring that up if no one mentions it, so as to save the seer from going to the bane prematurely, in case a wolf faked first.
                              Talisman, given the level of intelligence that we all share (for the most part), I'd assume that to be common knowlege. Things like that truly don't need to be said, because we can all make the connections ourselves.

                              And now it seems that it's hans and guido on the chopping block. I, being free now, would like to put my vote on mead. However, I feel that my vote would be of more use on Guido. That old post mirrors the one from this game too well to ignore it. Also, Hans seems human enough to me, and I'd rather not risk a KiB when Guido seems so much more worthy of a lynch.

                              Comment

                              • GuidoHunter
                                is against custom titles
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 7371

                                #120
                                Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Day 1)

                                Oh yeah, in case anyone was thinking I had any sort of ulterior motive for that post...

                                Ares113 (6:11:44 PM): So what's the harm in the reds faking the bane?
                                TasselFoot (6:12:13 PM): a known red out there.
                                Ares113 (6:13:02 PM): How would we get rid of the red without trading one-for-one, though?
                                TasselFoot (6:13:13 PM): there are always ways.
                                Ares113 (6:13:49 PM): I suppose.
                                Ares113 (6:16:18 PM): I would suggest making a post stating that.
                                Ares113 (6:16:41 PM): Or, at least, letting the wolves know your confidence in picking fakes out.

                                --Guido


                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                Originally posted by Grandiagod
                                She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
                                Sentences I thought I never would have to type.

                                Comment

                                Working...