TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JurseyRider734
    lil j the bad b-word
    • Aug 2003
    • 7509

    #16
    Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

    TasselFoot (4:46:36 PM): go post.

    Okay.

    I've never played with iggy before, so I don't know why or why not he should have been wolfed. And as everyone else said, it makes sense for the wolfsbane kid to come out for alliance etc.

    I also don't understand what Wilkin said. I got lost in the words.

    Tass, please inform me if there's something else I need to post that people didn't already say. I'm also on AIM.
    Originally posted by Arch0wl
    I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

    Originally posted by Afrobean
    Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
    the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
    Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

    Comment

    • Tasselfoot
      Retired BOSS
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2003
      • 25185

      #17
      Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

      Jurs.... it is not my duty or responsibility to inform you of jack ****. Pay attention to the thread and post regularly. Also... if you don't understand Wilkin, re-read his post 10 times if you have to. Or, ask him on AIM about it. Or, post saying what you don't understand.

      Don't just act like the helpless halfwit we all know and love.
      RIP

      Comment

      • Wilkin
        FFR Player
        • Nov 2005
        • 1800

        #18
        Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

        Addendum to my original post:


        4) Also closely related to scenario 2, it must be taken into consideration whether or not Iggy himself was the seer. If this is the case, then some things could happen: 1) No one knows Iggy was the seer, no one tries to fool the Wolfsbane, and he/she is just kind of left hanging; 2) Same as above, but one and only one person tries to imitate the seer, leaving the Wolfsbane no reason not to believe them.

        ANALYSIS: Even though it's all based on Iggy's 10% chance of being the seer (3 wolves, 1 Wolfsbane, 10 humans/seer), it could still be the worst case scenario when executed in it's second case. With no competition, the "seer" could wipe out half the humans, while the rest are wolfed, without even a single accusatory post. This just stresses once more the judgement of the Wolfsbane.


        No pressure.
        l
        WWii║iiiiiiii▫
        ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
        ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




        OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

        Comment

        • Afrobean
          Admiral in the Red Army
          • Dec 2003
          • 13262

          #19
          Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

          Mead's post of defending himself when there has been no accusation made seems off.

          Wilkin's post looks like he's trying too hard. It seems like he just repeated everything that Tass and Talisman said about bane coming out early.

          I got nothing else really. The kill says little to nothing of who the wolves are (as always), so it's really pointless to debate it.

          Comment

          • Tasselfoot
            Retired BOSS
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jul 2003
            • 25185

            #20
            Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

            Wilkin... as a note to history... I believe there have been ZERO instances over 26 games of 2 people going to 1 blue-who-has-come-out pretending to be the same person. Aka... only the real blue has actually gone to the known role.

            Reasoning? If 2 people go, best case is the blue + red dies. Worst case is the red dies when otherwise nobody would have known he was a wolf. And as I recall... I attempted the only fake seer as a wolf out of what I thought was desperation. I was lynched, the person I attacked was not, and the real seer never even came out publically. It did not work out so well.

            So playing under the thought of a red attempting to fake the blue.... it just about never has happened, and for pretty good reasons. It is just about suicide for the wolf.
            RIP

            Comment

            • HansSky
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2003
              • 1925

              #21
              Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

              I think iggy's kill is an interesting one, as it would lower the playing field for potential first lynches. I would assume that whoever killed him played last game, otherwise they would just simply overlook him and assume him to be a stupid jTWGer. Anyone who played last game knows that iggy was very active and contributing/offering as much as he could. With this you would also have to consider who played that game that considered iggy to be useful. I really don't think we can eliminate anyone from this, because I'm pretty sure everyone felt the same way about iggy, if not in the game, then postgame.

              Here's a list of who played last game and is currently in this one:

              Tass
              talisman
              mead
              afro
              hans
              tps
              vash
              mini
              eb

              Now that's a pretty healthy list for 14 players, but I think that it would help to eliminate some people from lynches. And if the wolfsbane comes out and gets contacted by the seer, that elminates two more people(if they are apart of that list).

              Note: I'm not eliminating the others from being wolves, but rather eliminating them from the possibility of getting lynched today.
              hi

              Comment

              • Tasselfoot
                Retired BOSS
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Jul 2003
                • 25185

                #22
                Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

                Mini, Vash, Guido, Blah....

                post, please... perhaps?

                this was earlier:
                TasselFoot: go post.
                mastr414: i am le wolf
                *** Auto-response sent to mastr414: Arcade games with rankings! http://www.ffrcade.com
                mastr414: and wnated to lay low for some more
                TasselFoot: you can still post.
                mastr414: see above
                TasselFoot: don't care.
                mastr414: sweet i'm not dead
                mastr414:
                mastr414: i honestly though
                mastr414: thoguht
                mastr414: this was a joke by you
                mastr414: and i'd go to the thread
                mastr414: and see i died
                TasselFoot: besides... if you were a wolf, i figure I'D be dead.
                mastr414: let me tell you, there's no way in hell i would ever allow the wolfing of iggy
                RIP

                Comment

                • HansSky
                  FFR Player
                  • Oct 2003
                  • 1925

                  #23
                  Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

                  Originally posted by Tasselfoot

                  So playing under the thought of a red attempting to fake the blue.... it just about never has happened, and for pretty good reasons. It is just about suicide for the wolf.
                  double post lolz

                  But this is a substantially different game than all the others. I think with 14 players and three wolves, I think it may be worth the risk of a wolf going to the wolfsbane as the seer. Even if that one gets lynched, you still have 2 wolves unknown, plus there is a chance that you might have the actual seer's name out there. If you are clever and successful, you will at least make it to the final day with the wolfsbane. I think the negatives versus the positives in this game really make it a coin toss as to if a wolf would do it or not. If you screw up, then you're down to 2 wolves with a day worth of analyzation wasted. If you're successful, the wolves would probably win.
                  hi

                  Comment

                  • JurseyRider734
                    lil j the bad b-word
                    • Aug 2003
                    • 7509

                    #24
                    Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

                    Originally posted by Tasselfoot
                    Jurs.... it is not my duty or responsibility to inform you of jack ****. Pay attention to the thread and post regularly. Also... if you don't understand Wilkin, re-read his post 10 times if you have to. Or, ask him on AIM about it. Or, post saying what you don't understand.

                    Don't just act like the helpless halfwit we all know and love.

                    I was more mocking you than actually being serious about it, Asselfoot.
                    Originally posted by Arch0wl
                    I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                    the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                    Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                    Comment

                    • Wilkin
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2005
                      • 1800

                      #25
                      Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

                      Due to my tendencies to be very overanalylitical, that makes a lot of sense.

                      Just throwing things out as possibilities, along with trying to apply what I know of you guys to some actual situations. I'll try to crack down on my overanalysis from now on.
                      l
                      WWii║iiiiiiii▫
                      ╔═╗ ╠═╗ ║
                      ╚═╝ ║lll║ ║




                      OH LOOK NOW THE REST OF MY MUSIC IS NOW VISIBLE HOW COINCIDENTAL IS THAT

                      Comment

                      • Tasselfoot
                        Retired BOSS
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 25185

                        #26
                        Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

                        No prob Wilkin... just letting you know that while those ARE possibilities, they are unlikely given the past 26 games. And they have been debated in past games as well.

                        *shrugs*

                        Jurs... don't resort to name calling in TWG just because you're stupid. And mocking has less than no place in TWG either. Distracting and can easily lead to false assumptions.
                        RIP

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #27
                          Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

                          ugh just typed up a post and vb swallowed it. anyway

                          Originally posted by tass
                          huh? It seems that he WAS helpful enough to be wolfed night 1.
                          Yeah, either that or it was a confusion kill. I was essentially just expressing why I think it's odd to wolf iggy that early... after all he got a few votes last game despite all his activity.

                          And to hans, I agree that it seems more likely that a person who played last game (or at least read through it, that's a possibility as well) would be more likely to pick iggy than one who didn't. Not sure how useful that is, given 3 wolves and 9,10 people carrying over from last game... at least one of the wolves is bound to have played last game anyway.

                          more thoughts after dinner... (hopefully I'll be online then too).

                          Comment

                          • blahblah18
                            FFR Player
                            • Aug 2004
                            • 1662

                            #28
                            Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

                            umm no guardian? Tass and Talis alive? its good to be back. I like wilkin already. 14 players, seems slightly unbalances, but it should be fun. What time do we have for voting? I'm on AIM almost always, I'm looking forward to it all. Just so you all know, I'm human because Tass would be dead otherwise, and there's no way I would waste not killing him just to try to prove my humanity, he'd be dead and I'd message him laughing
                            but for now... postCount++

                            Comment

                            • mead1
                              Cerebellumberjack
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 3960

                              #29
                              Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

                              Wow, I was a little doubtful of a 2 post user nobody had ever heard of outside of Hans coming into the game, but Wilkin, you have great intelligence. Jurs, Tass, sort out your love for one another over AIM or something. TWG is serious buisiness.

                              Comment

                              • vashthestampede0987
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 2997

                                #30
                                Re: TWG XXVII: Art Causes Harm to the Body (Really) (Night 1)

                                k. Last game I'd like to point out that eb used maplestory as an excuse to be "inactive" when he was a wolf. I know the odds of him being a wolf again are slim, but I just wanted to point it out.
                                Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                                I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                                Originally posted by Synthlight
                                I hate myself.

                                Cheers,

                                Synthlight
                                xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                                xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                                Comment

                                Working...