TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • benguino
    Kawaii Desu Ne?
    • Dec 2007
    • 4190

    #466
    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

    Originally posted by Hakulyte
    I should be fairly inactive tomorrow
    goml
    AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


    Originally posted by Spenner
    (^)> peck peck says the heels
    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
    And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
    Originally posted by Zakvvv666
    awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

    Comment

    • benguino
      Kawaii Desu Ne?
      • Dec 2007
      • 4190

      #467
      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

      Originally posted by choof
      not surprising at all that reuben has only one post
      can you do us all a huge favor and pls play the game
      Originally posted by choof
      this post is going to fall on deaf ears I just fuckin know it
      I heard ya.
      AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


      Originally posted by Spenner
      (^)> peck peck says the heels
      Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
      And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
      Originally posted by Zakvvv666
      awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

      Comment

      • benguino
        Kawaii Desu Ne?
        • Dec 2007
        • 4190

        #468
        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

        Originally posted by AragakiAyase
        reuben please post more
        +1
        AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


        Originally posted by Spenner
        (^)> peck peck says the heels
        Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
        And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
        Originally posted by Zakvvv666
        awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

        Comment

        • benguino
          Kawaii Desu Ne?
          • Dec 2007
          • 4190

          #469
          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          Thanks, I needed that~
          AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


          Originally posted by Spenner
          (^)> peck peck says the heels
          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
          And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
          Originally posted by Zakvvv666
          awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

          Comment

          • benguino
            Kawaii Desu Ne?
            • Dec 2007
            • 4190

            #470
            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

            Originally posted by Charu
            You guys are being mean to the one posteroni of Benguin.

            The game isn't even 12 hours old yet, dohoho.
            Charu, you are my hero.
            AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


            Originally posted by Spenner
            (^)> peck peck says the heels
            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
            And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
            Originally posted by Zakvvv666
            awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

            Comment

            • benguino
              Kawaii Desu Ne?
              • Dec 2007
              • 4190

              #471
              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

              Talking about Charu, hello to the one other person in the Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread.
              AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


              Originally posted by Spenner
              (^)> peck peck says the heels
              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
              Originally posted by Zakvvv666
              awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

              Comment

              • benguino
                Kawaii Desu Ne?
                • Dec 2007
                • 4190

                #472
                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                Xel, hi.
                AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                Originally posted by Spenner
                (^)> peck peck says the heels
                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                Comment

                • benguino
                  Kawaii Desu Ne?
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 4190

                  #473
                  Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                  Who is this botchi person? Is he new to TWG (I ask this because of him asking about why rolehunting is bad and such which I would assume is a question only players with little/no experience would ask).

                  If it weren't for that question, I feel like I would be all over the guy (like others that have responded to his posts). But it's important to remember that doing something "wrong" as town doesn't necessarily make one "wolf" since people make mistakes, especially newer players.

                  However, like others have brought up before, I do not like the way he immediately posted after me early in the game to only say nearly the same thing that I said (regarding being 4 pages behind). What I made of it was perhaps an attempt to "blend-in" by emulating the posts of others (in this case myself). What I find peculiar is that he posted as if my post beforehand hadn't existed, i.e., it's like he was pretending that his post was original and not a response to mine, otherwise he would have thrown in the word "too" or "also" in there or something. Below are the two posts for everyone's convenience:

                  Originally posted by reuben_tate
                  Oh no, I'm already 4 pages late. I'm done for. Nice knowing you guys.
                  Originally posted by botchi246
                  oh good lord, i missed 4 pages already! sup hos!
                  AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                  Originally posted by Spenner
                  (^)> peck peck says the heels
                  Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                  And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                  Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                  awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                  Comment

                  • benguino
                    Kawaii Desu Ne?
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 4190

                    #474
                    Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                    Originally posted by Charu
                    So you're saying him condensing everything in one post that people have already mentioned (Besides that Haku read) marks him as a human with good content?

                    Because that is what I got from yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou.
                    I don't like this post. It's still early d0 so since there isn't as much to analyze yet, many people are going to jump to the same conclusions and thoughts. But even if people don't present any fresh insights or perspectives, their agreement or disagreement with the reasoning of others is valuable information in and of itself. Also, choof's post didn't have anything particularly wolfy so it's a slight towny post at best and a null post at worst so I wouldn't be surprised if his big post scored him a couple brownie points.
                    AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                    Originally posted by Spenner
                    (^)> peck peck says the heels
                    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                    And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                    Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                    awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                    Comment

                    • benguino
                      Kawaii Desu Ne?
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 4190

                      #475
                      Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      Choof: I'm not answering that at this time.
                      This makes me want to cry.

                      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                      ...revenge-votes...
                      Choof's vote is a not a revenge vote. A revenge vote is when someone vote's for you and you vote for them back solely because of the fact that they voted for you. That may have been a reason Choof voted for you but Choof provided additional evidence and explanation back up his vote. Sure, there may have been some biases and the initial vote might have conjured an emotional response that motivated choof in furthering his case, but the end result was a vote with a concise yet reasonably sound argument.
                      AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                      Originally posted by Spenner
                      (^)> peck peck says the heels
                      Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                      And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                      Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                      awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                      Comment

                      • benguino
                        Kawaii Desu Ne?
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 4190

                        #476
                        Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                        Regarding rzr's whole thing with asking if there is a wolf between himself and Charu, I found that a little odd myself. I'm not sure if I've played a game with him before, so I don't know his meta. But although it was weird and odd, I'm trying to think of what motivation a wolf would have to post something like that because obviously a post like that drew attention to himself which typically wolves wouldn't want unless they intend to play a slick and dangerous game. One possibility I had in mind (which is probably stupid) is that Charu and rzr are wolf buddies and his post was intended to burn a dichotomy in everyone's mind where there's a wolf between rzr or charu (but not both).

                        What I also don't get is the second sentence of rzr's post. It seems to be saying, "there is not a wolf between myself and Charu because I know I'm town and Charu is null" which makes absolutely no sense to me.

                        Originally posted by rzr
                        Do you guys think, at this point, there's a wolf between me and Charu?

                        I don't - I know me, and I think Charu is playing the Charu game, nothing in his meta is alignment indicative imo
                        AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                        Originally posted by Spenner
                        (^)> peck peck says the heels
                        Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                        And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                        Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                        awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                        Comment

                        • benguino
                          Kawaii Desu Ne?
                          • Dec 2007
                          • 4190

                          #477
                          Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                          I like dbp so far, his posts seem genuine/natural, he's contributed a fair amount of original ideas, and he's called people out on their odd behaviors/actions. Then again, he did defend my absence so my current perspective of him might be heavily biased because of that. In any case, I definitely wouldn't want to him gone this round.
                          AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                          Originally posted by Spenner
                          (^)> peck peck says the heels
                          Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                          And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                          Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                          awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                          Comment

                          • benguino
                            Kawaii Desu Ne?
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 4190

                            #478
                            Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                            Talking about perspectives, I know that the topic of "vibes" and "gut reads" have come up and I kinda wanted to address that. I feel like people shouldn't necessarily feel ashamed to post their vibes and gut reads; however, if their reads are solely based on gut feelings, they definitely shouldn't jump towards being adamant with their conclusions and they should be cautious with game-changing actions (i.e. voting and night-actions).

                            Gut feelings are not necessarily irrational. If you get a gut feeling or vibe, chances are there is a reason you are feeling those gut feelings and vibes. It may also be the case that others feel these same vibes and by letting it be known that you have them, others that feel similarly can collectively work on articulating the reasoning behind the initial gut feelings and vibes.
                            AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                            Originally posted by Spenner
                            (^)> peck peck says the heels
                            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                            And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                            Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                            awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                            Comment

                            • benguino
                              Kawaii Desu Ne?
                              • Dec 2007
                              • 4190

                              #479
                              Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                              Of course, something like "Charu's a wolf because I haz teh vibez" wouldn't fly. Everyone should attempt to articulate their thoughts and feelings to the best of their ability.
                              AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                              Originally posted by Spenner
                              (^)> peck peck says the heels
                              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                              And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                              Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                              awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                              Comment

                              • benguino
                                Kawaii Desu Ne?
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 4190

                                #480
                                Re: TWG CXLVII - Read The Setup. (Game On! D1)

                                I'm starting to get bored here since I'm alone in this thread at the moment so I'm going to head off in a bit.

                                I did want to let everyone know what my "meta" was regarding my presence in the thread. When I do play the game, I tend to be gone for stretches of time and to post all my thoughts and analysis all at once. Because of my time zone and schedule, I tend to not be on during hours where the thread is more "heated" and I can't really be there "in the moment". So it feels less like a conversation and more like replying to over 400 inter-connected emails. On the positive side, since I'm not in the heat of the action, it gives me more time to gather my thoughts as opposed to posting just knee-jerk reactions.

                                I can promise that I'll at least post non-fluff every 24 hours, give or take, mostly when I'm home at night. I'll occasionally view the thread via mobile during the day but I hate constructing posts with two thumbs so I can't make any promises in that regard.

                                Anyways, going to use the bathroom now, please don't lynch me for taking too long.
                                AMA: http://ask.fm/benguino


                                Originally posted by Spenner
                                (^)> peck peck says the heels
                                Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                                And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
                                Originally posted by Zakvvv666
                                awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing

                                Comment

                                Working...