FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TheSaxRunner05
    The Doctor
    • Apr 2006
    • 6144

    #121
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

    9's have been steadily getting harder, to where the new 9's are harder than the old 10's. All the the 9's I have left to FC are from 2011, I can hit all the other ones just not some of the new ones.

    Anyways, I didnt really like D2's song, but I hate rap


    Comment

    • psychoangel691
      Retired Staff
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Dec 2004
      • 10438

      #122
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

      Originally posted by stavie33
      You really started this tourney of brutally guys, these songs are really hard 1st rounders.
      Not even gonna get into it again with the difficulties as the community is split on these two songs as I predicted anyway. What I am going to get on is that this tourney is supposed to be hard. The songs have served their purpose, and that was to prevent there being one huge AAA fest.
      Originally posted by Charu
      My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
      Originally posted by DaBackpack
      also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
      Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
      Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

      Originally posted by hi19hi19
      yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

      Comment

      • ghost-
        Banned
        • Dec 2010
        • 787

        #123
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

        Originally posted by psychoangel691
        to prevent there being one huge AAA fest.
        i agree with this. past tourney's have had extremely easy first rounds where everybody but the people who didn't submit got AAA's. it's nice that we started off strong to make this feel more like an actual competition, and the fact that we're fighting to get some amazing prizes backs it up even more. we've never had such great prizes.

        Comment

        • VisD
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jun 2007
          • 1196

          #124
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

          All the files were great this round! Although as a D2'er I have to say that is one strange, strange 6.


          Comment

          • DossarLX ODI
            Batch Manager
            Game Manager
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2008
            • 15013

            #125
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

            This is why I like the scale my tournament uses lol. 1-15 instead of 1-13, gives a better way of covering the borderline files

            And stavie, do you not know that Halogen is debit? He's been on this site since 2004 If I recall correctly
            Originally posted by hi19hi19
            oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

            Comment

            • TC_Halogen
              Rhythm game specialist.
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2008
              • 19376

              #126
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

              I won't go on with the argument of non-tournament related songs but I do agree that Caprice is really really easy and honestly, if it were colored/no BG, it'd be a VC.

              and I've been around on this account for well over three years, as well as having an account on this site for near seven years (see: debit13). I didn't use SM to increase my skill until after I nailed a AAA on a For Gurus Only file, which I did to increase control of jacks/reading ability and that is it.

              As far as these files, I have to say that my personal favorites are D4 and D6. Ambient Angels' ending is layered a bit too heavily for my tastes. Very well stepped chart, but it's not my kind of file. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, though.

              Glorious Morning is also well done, but I have a personal bias as to how I would have charted it (a bit more aggressive).

              Keep on Driving is a bit...empty, haha. And tightrope city is just too easy for me to personally enjoy (standard difficulty files are slightly out of my threshold of my enjoyment, as I'll typically play 7+ files leisurely).

              Comment

              • stavie33
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2006
                • 1925

                #127
                Okay, so you just don't care. Cool, we can end it there. I guess that's more indifference than I-find-it-so-easy-if-it-dropped-I'd-be-like-meh.

                On another note, Ambient Angels is a terrific file. It's brutally fun, but my favorite thing about it is it has dense, dense jump stream and yet doesn't feel particularly overlayered. I like the early pitch relevance and it flows quite well. Next to Rapids, my favorite file in the bunch. Also, when does the round end exactly? I can't find an exact date anywhere obvious, I might just not be looking hard enough or just quite oblivious.

                Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                This is why I like the scale my tournament uses lol. 1-15 instead of 1-13, gives a better way of covering the borderline files

                And stavie, do you not know that Halogen is debit? He's been on this site since 2004 If I recall correctly
                I knew him as TC only, I knew debit was an account, had no idea it was the same guy. I don't really pay attention to alts much, just like I didn't really care who yuyuko-sama was, and no matter how obvious, didn't try to know.
                Last edited by psychoangel691; 11-16-2011, 10:33 PM.
                It's getting better all the time
                I used to get mad at my school (No, I can't complain)
                The teachers who taught me weren't cool (No, I can't complain)
                You're holding me down (Oh Oh)
                Turning me round (Oh Oh)
                Filling me up with your rules (Oooh)

                Comment

                • psychoangel691
                  Retired Staff
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2004
                  • 10438

                  #128
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                  This thread is to discuss the songs of the tourney, just like the songs of the week thread.
                  The end date is here in this post http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...45&postcount=2 of the tourney thread.
                  Originally posted by Charu
                  My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                  Originally posted by DaBackpack
                  also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                  Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                  Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                  Originally posted by hi19hi19
                  yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                  Comment

                  • hi19hi19
                    lol happy
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 12194

                    #129
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                    Originally posted by stavie33
                    Difficulty spikes matter, and make things very confusing. I wouldn't be hating on people, but when you get input from 50+ members complaining, take note of it, and you should probably change the difficulty. I also think there are some pros that are so good they think that really high files are easy all over, at least for them. I am guilty of this too. I think we should just take the input of the players whose skill level that file targets. So if there are 40+ players who have 60% of the VC's AAA'd and the rest SDG'd or BF'd, and a few FMO's, and they all unanimously agree that there is a new VC that is nearly un FC'able in comparison, something is up.
                    Holy shit, I agree with stavie for once? This is madness!
                    Honestly the only reason I keep discussing this is because it seems an awful lot like a great majority of the community is being ignored (seriously look through the thread and count how many posts mention the rating of Fall Silently) with the justification of "well me and AJ and like two other people disagree so we get to ignore you." Just doesn't set a very good precedent... at the very least, if it's going to be left as a 9, then make a concerted effort to redo the difficulty scheme sooner rather than later.

                    Also, if we're rating Runnymorning on FC difficulty but other files on AAA difficulty? What?
                    I FC'd Molto Vivace before I FC'd Flight of the Bumblebee because I'm good at jacks but not trills and runningmen, clearly this means my experience speaks for everyone and Molto is an 11 amirite


                    Comment

                    • TC_Halogen
                      Rhythm game specialist.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 19376

                      #130
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                      All I'm reading here is a bunch of people getting upset about a rating that isn't incorrect. Sorry, but broken jumpstream triplets at 146 BPM aren't 10-worthy, the dense jumpstream lasts for too short of a period to do anything and it isn't an extreme on its own, and the ending goes in and out from nothing to short jump-jacks. A short [14][32] run at 146 BPM isn't fast enough to merit a VC rating. All of the jacks at the end are repeating the first jump with the exception of one, which is a split-handed jack that only involves you hitting a L then a D as 16ths.

                      The community is getting ignored because people are either acting out unnecessarily or are just fuming. I don't believe I need to post examples because there's quite a few people who are just using their own personal bias to rate the files.

                      I'm not even upset about the rating that it has, it could go either way - it's the way people are trying to get it changed.

                      EDIT: also, I'm not rating on AAA difficulty; I always rate on FC difficulty within reasonable bounds (i.e. not mashing like crazy to do, but rather actually attempt).

                      Comment

                      • psychoangel691
                        Retired Staff
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Dec 2004
                        • 10438

                        #131
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                        It's been way more than 2 people that have said it's a 9. It's been pretty split, you get a blip of people that say 10, then a blip that say 9. It's not only just here but also in the other thread. Also I don't think I've ever seen them go and change the rating of a file in one day of discussion.

                        The runny morning thing never should have been started and is not to be continued here. It's moved to ingame song information if you really want to get into it.
                        Originally posted by Charu
                        My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                        Originally posted by DaBackpack
                        also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                        Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                        Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                        Originally posted by hi19hi19
                        yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                        Comment

                        • TC_Halogen
                          Rhythm game specialist.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 19376

                          #132
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                          Way to make me look like an asshole. ;_;

                          Seriously though. The only person who has given a true argument as to why it should be a 10 is hi19 (albeit, really bluntly).

                          Comment

                          • psychoangel691
                            Retired Staff
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 10438

                            #133
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                            I'm not ignoring anyone, I don't know how it's usually handled with ratings being changed. Plus again there's been responses for both ends of it being a 9 and 10 as well as with Ambient angels being a 10 or 11. JX is gone for the week so I can't even talk to him about how he usually handles the difficulty debate and whether or not to change the rating.
                            Last edited by psychoangel691; 11-16-2011, 11:36 PM.
                            Originally posted by Charu
                            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                            Comment

                            • v0lcom
                              IT Guru
                              • Feb 2007
                              • 569

                              #134
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                              Fall Silently is the hardest 9 I've ever played. Give me any other 9 file and I'll pass it. However, this song took me quite a few tries to even FC it. I don't get what I'm doing wrong...The stepfile isn't my flavor but the song is awesome.

                              D4 is in for a rough ride if we keep getting songs like this haha.

                              Comment

                              • hi19hi19
                                lol happy
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 12194

                                #135
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                                Originally posted by psychoangel691
                                I'm not ignoring anyone, I don't know how it's usually handled with ratings being changed. Plus again there's been responses for both ends of it being a 9 and 10 as well as with Ambient angels being a 10 or 11. JX is gone for the week so I can't even talk to him about how he usually handles the difficulty debate and whether or not to change the rating.
                                This clears everything up for me.
                                As long as it will be discussed in the future with JX and possibly re-evaluated related to the other 10s that easier than it (lol ABCDEath clearly needs to be moved) then I'm fine.

                                All I wanted was to know for sure that, if this difficulty is going to stay standard as being a 9, what will be done about the other files that don't conform to that.


                                Comment

                                Working...