FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bmah
    shots FIRED
    Profile Moderator
    FFR Simfile Author
    Global Moderator
    • Oct 2003
    • 8448

    #151
    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

    Well, Kayla doesn't have the go-ahead to change the difficulties of other songs. As far as I know, she'll only be placing songs and their respective parameters within the duration of the tourney. We can't expect her to change other things now.

    Comment

    • Sweet_Feet
      Washed Up
      • Oct 2005
      • 1934

      #152
      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

      Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
      Think they wasted all their energy on trying to get it bumped that they dont have any left to get a better score.
      LOL sick

      Comment

      • Coolboyrulez0
        VICES
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Aug 2006
        • 10042

        #153
        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

        Originally posted by bballa48
        Just a though I had today... if Ambient Angels gets bumped to an 11, you better bump K8107 as well. Just a thought.
        K8107 used to be FMO but dropped iirc

        I ~personally~ find K8107 harder than AA, and fail to see either of the them as FMOs and if, they would be the lowest possible.
        https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
        https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

        Comment

        • hi19hi19
          lol happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2005
          • 12194

          #154
          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

          Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
          Think they wasted all their energy on trying to get it bumped that they dont have any left to get a better score.
          this tbh lol

          I've given up, idgaf enough to AAA it unless by BF isn't enough to get me through, which I highly doubt will be the case. So whatever. Probably played it at least 100-150 times already (I recently learned that the restart button doesn't add one to your "times played" count, so dumb) so that's good enough.


          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #155
            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

            Originally posted by rushyrulz
            Says who? If only 2 players out of the 66 this song was intended for (and have actually played it) can AAA this file, it has to be somewhat difficult, right? I think the strange polyrhythmic patterns are being ignored here and are the main contributing factor to screwing people up.

            Face it the patterns in the first half of the song are splitty and somewhat awkward to hit ([13][24][13][24][13]2 and [24][13][24][13][24]3).
            The patterns in the second half are just plain weird, much more technical than even the harder range of 9s currently in-game.
            And then there was that [14][23][14] jumptrill that was even tripping up D6 players.

            People generally use the "the individual components of this song aren't that hard" argument when trying to get a file placed at a lower difficulty. You're right, the individual parts of the song aren't hard, but when they're all put together it builds up to become a very challenging file.

            On the side of nerves, the least awkward part is in the beginning, but it's still awkward enough to cause some kind of nervousness when it's over out of fear you're going to screw it up. Then there's that trill which is the 2nd most awkward part of the file. AAA that and you're really nervous because you're almost done with the file. THEN there's the most technical and tricky part of the file, the ending, which is way harder to AAA when you're nervous after AAAing the first half of the awkward chart. There are more factors than just the individual parts. This is the primary reason why I think so few people have AAAd their round 1 song in D4.

            Sorry about holywallsoftext

            tl;dr: subjectivemanias.
            Wanted to reply to this post last night because I was in bed when it happened.

            Thank you for actually giving your objective reasoning behind it - that's more than enough to clarify why you think it should be a 10. I definitely respect that as a standpoint in comparison to other replies in here.

            And no need to apologize - the more in detail you go, the better it'll be

            (tl;dr subjectivemanias)

            Comment

            • the1
              FFR Player
              • May 2003
              • 239

              #156
              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

              Maybe I'm not cool enough to understand, but either way doesn't it add to the competitiveness if it isn't easy enough for everyone to spam dashboard with AAA?

              I'm actually surprised AAA hasn't hit the cutoff yet like it usually does on round 1 songs.

              That all being said, It is still just day 2/7
              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
              ...

              Comment

              • DarknessXoXLight
                sonder
                • Mar 2007
                • 2279

                #157
                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                Originally posted by hi19hi19
                (I recently learned that the restart button doesn't add one to your "times played" count, so dumb)
                I abuse the restart button. It's listed that I played our song 105 times when in reality I definitely played at least 250~*

                Comment

                • Sweagen
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Jun 2008
                  • 333

                  #158
                  Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                  I will never AAA this song (D4)
                  it's impossible for me to not screw up somewhere

                  the best I had so far was a 4 good clean run but I blew it on the last jack thingy and got a miss so my best is like 5 goods and an average and a bunch of other crap

                  Comment

                  • CammyGoesRawr
                    nocturnal girl (〜✘﹏✘)〜
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 2477

                    #159
                    Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                    4-0-0-0

                    Underdogmanias. <3

                    Comment

                    • TC_Halogen
                      Rhythm game specialist.
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      FFR Music Producer
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 19376

                      #160
                      Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                      Originally posted by bballa48
                      Just a though I had today... if Ambient Angels gets bumped to an 11, you better bump K8107 as well. Just a thought.
                      and a very correct thought in my opinion.

                      Comment

                      • jimerax
                        ★★★★★
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Nov 2003
                        • 8185

                        #161
                        Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                        so, I'm just back.
                        It's amazing to see 90% of things in this thread are difficulty arguments.

                        And 9/10 borderline is the weakest point on the current system (huge cut-off inconsistency among older songs and newer songs), need to define merkmal songs (OTFD might be the one of these).

                        Comment

                        • TC_Halogen
                          Rhythm game specialist.
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 19376

                          #162
                          Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                          There's also a slight remnant of inconsistency in the 10/11 area too. 9-12 is a huge problem spot that could be potentially alleviated with actual usage of the FSO difficulty (instead of just having RATO/DP/vROFL/Metro).

                          Comment

                          • DossarLX ODI
                            Batch Manager
                            Game Manager
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 15013

                            #163
                            Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                            Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                            9-12 is a huge problem spot that could be potentially alleviated with actual usage of the FSO difficulty (instead of just having RATO/DP/vROFL/Metro).
                            Totally agreed. You seriously can't compare something like Gigadelic or Revolutionary Etude to Lolo or Integraation (talking about them being in "12")

                            13 doesn't deserve to be a desolate difficulty, I make plenty use of it in my tournament engine and it really helps with borderline files.
                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

                            Comment

                            • emulord
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Sep 2006
                              • 778

                              #164
                              Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                              Lets bump vRofl up to a 14 (nameless difficulty) It certainly is way harder than RATO/DP/Metro. Final wall of death kills you unless you have vibration training or a quad-hold keyboard

                              Comment

                              • v0lcom
                                IT Guru
                                • Feb 2007
                                • 569

                                #165
                                Re: FFR 6th Official Tourney Songs Discussion: Round 1

                                I'm going to be dropped in the first round this is madness!

                                Comment

                                Working...