SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dynam0
    The Dominator
    • Sep 2005
    • 8987

    #6421
    Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

    Cold Heart is sick dude, I can barely manage teens

    There's a good example of something I tried whoring but couldn't shave perfs off. Different things work for different ppl I guess rebound, I'm the other extreme when it comes to whoring since I rarely play the same file twice in a row

    Comment

    • i love you
      Live a wonderful life~
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Oct 2006
      • 7315

      #6422
      Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

      Originally posted by Dynam0
      Well...changing your approach sounds odd since when you MA something you need to make sure you perform the same movements each and every time..we're talking about accuracy here, I can see hitting a pattern differently working for speed but not MAing.

      MAing at a certain level becomes a matter of avoiding random perfs since you can quad every section of the file. You could play the same file 50 times and get a perfect in 50 different spots, regardless you'll end up with the same score.

      Take destiny for instance. I could whore to my hearts content and never quad it, it just takes the right mix of focus/tension/flow to avoid random perfects and get the urn. Whoring it would ruin my mental flow as I'm playing it since I would be anticipating certain patterns way in advance. The effect is much more pronounced in speed files since whoring them for a AA is much more common than whoring something for a quad.
      I meant in terms of getting mindblocks that changing your approach would be a better solution. That has nothing to do with MA at all.

      Also, I only whore files when I KNOW that I could do better. I would never whore a file for MA when I know that it'll be extremely difficult to beat an old MA record. I would just move on to another file lol


      EDIT:
      Originally posted by Staiain
      give like a man 1.3 a try, you should sdp that aswell
      I am not worried too much about my speed MA, I just want to get good at normal rate MA files. Huge difference.
      Last edited by i love you; 11-25-2012, 06:33 PM.
      ===============================
      The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
      ===============================

      Comment

      • bender5
        The 40% Iron Chef
        • Jan 2005
        • 4894

        #6423
        Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

        fucking wow that cold heart is SICK

        ustei and moulon too dude fuuuuc

        Comment

        • Sakish
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2007
          • 2973

          #6424
          Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

          WOW cold heart haha.. I guess midares score on that makes a tad more sense now ;_;
          and usatei what the shit

          Comment

          • ~Zeta~
            Flag Master
            • Oct 2010
            • 2156

            #6425
            Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

            sdp cold heart wow.

            this is very fun on rates. 1.3.


            luck to AA.


            yay. Percent: 93.648%

            Comment

            • bender5
              The 40% Iron Chef
              • Jan 2005
              • 4894

              #6426
              Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

              way to AA my OP, that's pretty damn impressive dude

              Comment

              • i love you
                Live a wonderful life~
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Oct 2006
                • 7315

                #6427
                Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

                Originally posted by DayMan951
                what can you get on troubadour, rebound?
                After several tries later, I got this! This is definitely the best I can do.
                Nevermind LOL...I think raising my cmod up + hidden just solved my color problem xd


                It seems to not affect straightforward ones though which is good xd


                Slight MA improvement. Only played once.


                This felt really good (:


                God damn...this beats my old score by 17 lmao


                I can see why midare loves hidden lmao
                '

                PS: Sick MA scores Alex. I wish I could MA as proficient as you xd
                ===============================
                The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
                ===============================

                Comment

                • bender5
                  The 40% Iron Chef
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 4894

                  #6428
                  Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

                  Sick fucking Troubadour dude!

                  Cold heart could definitely be improved

                  I don't recognize anything else

                  Comment

                  • TC_Halogen
                    Rhythm game specialist.
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    FFR Music Producer
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 19376

                    #6429
                    Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

                    Originally posted by bender5

                    I feel like j7 quads are definitely the way to go, because the pressure to not fuck up an absolute 0 perfect score is so much lower.
                    this SO much, holy shit. The meta-game shift on J7 is insane, because you actually can hone in on extremely precise timing that you otherwise wouldn't notice on J4. It's amazing and I'm honestly not going back.

                    The only thing I might consider doing to my J7 is changing the freeze timing because fucking NGs everywhere, rofl

                    EDIT: Byron, shoot for < 35 on Cold Heart; I remember getting like 37-1 a while back. I might try it tomorrow before going to work to see if I can still MA the file that well.

                    Comment

                    • i love you
                      Live a wonderful life~
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 7315

                      #6430
                      Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

                      I have actually been training with J7 ever since Luis recommended it to me and I must admit that I got a massive MA boost these past weeks.

                      Anyway, got another quad with J7 (o:


                      Oh and AJ, i'll give cold heart another shot tomorrow after school. That file is just so weird lmao
                      ===============================
                      The idea that RDCP 3 may come out in the future is a fun thought to have~
                      ===============================

                      Comment

                      • Choofers
                        FFR Player
                        FFR Music Producer
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 6205

                        #6431
                        Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

                        Originally posted by TC_Halogen
                        this SO much, holy shit. The meta-game shift on J7 is insane, because you actually can hone in on extremely precise timing that you otherwise wouldn't notice on J4. It's amazing and I'm honestly not going back.

                        The only thing I might consider doing to my J7 is changing the freeze timing because fucking NGs everywhere, rofl

                        EDIT: Byron, shoot for < 35 on Cold Heart; I remember getting like 37-1 a while back. I might try it tomorrow before going to work to see if I can still MA the file that well.
                        yeah, I've noticed that MA scores on j7 are a lot better than they would be on j4

                        I don't think I could've gotten 10p on delirium otherwise lol

                        Comment

                        • gnr61
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 7251

                          #6432
                          Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

                          cold heart's a terrible file and not just because i'm bad at it
                          squirrel--it's whats for dinner.

                          Comment

                          • Coolboyrulez0
                            VICES
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 10042

                            #6433
                            Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

                            absolutely LOVE the shift or at least attention towards MA or J7 in the last few pages.
                            some pretty sick scores -- i always felt MA was undermined compared to speed kind of like how rates are pretty undermined or misunderstood also.

                            might tear up the MA game again in the near future -- no guarantees though.
                            Last edited by Coolboyrulez0; 11-26-2012, 02:53 AM.
                            https://soundcloud.com/cbrbreakcore
                            https://cbrrecords.bandcamp.com/

                            Comment

                            • Callipygian
                              Senior FFR citizen
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 1537

                              #6434
                              Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

                              Nice MA scores, everyone. Here's a speed score. First AA.



                              Yeessss, first AA, really good run.



                              Had better MA, but PA is nice and it's my first FC hurray!

                              Last edited by Callipygian; 11-26-2012, 09:20 AM.
                              Sick nature

                              Comment

                              • Nick Skyline
                                Retired from VSRGs
                                • Sep 2012
                                • 530

                                #6435
                                Re: SM Scores ~2012 Remix~

                                Originally posted by Coolboyrulez0
                                absolutely LOVE the shift or at least attention towards MA or J7 in the last few pages.
                                some pretty sick scores -- i always felt MA was undermined compared to speed kind of like how rates are pretty undermined or misunderstood also.

                                might tear up the MA game again in the near future -- no guarantees though.
                                That reminds me, I should start playing on at least Judge 5 sometime soon.
                                How Differences in Communication Norms Can Cause Interpaiensronsal Conflict - by dAnceguy117
                                Soundcloud Profile

                                Comment

                                Working...