whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dawg4321
    FFR Player
    • Mar 2005
    • 1913

    #136
    Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

    If it's this year that you're deciding which system you want, i would almost certainly say wii. It has 3 major titles (4 IMO) that are yet to come out this year. Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Very impressive games. As far as I know, PS3 and Xbox 360 can't compare to that for this year.


    Comment

    • Shamo0
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2006
      • 424

      #137
      Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

      Well I found this img on another forum.

      Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
      Join Date: Sep 2003

      Comment

      • verra
        FFR Player
        • Mar 2004
        • 813

        #138
        Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

        Metal Gear Solid 4 looks like the only reason to buy a PS3. Other than that there are not too many games that could live up to the 3 most hard hitting games of this generation...which is why I have a Wii lol.
        Yep, it's me

        Check out my tunes on SoundCloud!

        Comment

        • Zageron
          Zageron E. Tazaterra
          FFR Administrator
          • Apr 2007
          • 6592

          #139
          Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

          PS3 is releasing next to nothing o.o

          Comment

          • Darkjakk
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2003
            • 122

            #140
            Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

            Get a wii. The problem with the PS3 is that it has nothing. Right now all it has to its name that are going to be great games is the Final Fantasy series and the Metal Gear Solid Series. I wont even get into the rumors about the exclusive rights to those games being thrown about. I mean if you're the kind of person who will buy a system for 2 games than yeah go ahead
            CHILDHOOD, n.
            The period of human life intermediate between the idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth

            Comment

            • zidart
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2006
              • 964

              #141
              Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

              Originally posted by Shamo0
              Well It could make a game better like this. Let's use Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3 as an example. The USB 2.0 ports allow the use of mouse and keyboard in the FPS on a console for arguably the best set up for FPS games, the bluetooth allows the use of bluetooth headsets for voice communication or even wireless bluetooth keyboards, the hard drive allows for mods and user created and official content to be downloaded and saved and played online, HDMI output helps you view the Unreal Engine and all of it's glory in 1080P on your plasma or bravia or whatever fancy pants tv you have, card readers could allow you to transport you're FPS keyboard and mouse setup configurations for when you play the game at a friends house, Gigabit Ethernet could allow you to wirelessly host a LAN server for you and your friends with PS3s to play on.

              And just imagine buying Spiderman 3 on blu-ray with the game and movie both of the same disk, both being playable on the PS3 at a bargain price.

              Also I'm not mad or anything so it's kool lol. I think everyone should like the features of the DS
              i didn't know about this, mmmm but it sounds more like a computer to me

              Comment

              • Squeek
                let it snow~
                • Jan 2004
                • 14444

                #142
                Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                Or... I could buy Unreal Tournament 3 for my PC.

                Le gasp. I saved myself $600 for the system, $60 for the game, $1-3,000 for the TV, and $50-200 for the cables.

                Comment

                • cC@Zz
                  FFR Player
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 1427

                  #143
                  Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                  PS3 has some good games, but a lot of them you can get on the PC or 360 as well which is just cheaper then wasting money on a PS3. I don't want to spend money on something with a bunch of extra crap I don't need. I just want to play games and thats it.
                  There is a 50% chance your pillow will eat you while you are sleeping.

                  Comment

                  • Shamo0
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 424

                    #144
                    Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                    Originally posted by Squeek
                    Or... I could buy Unreal Tournament 3 for my PC.

                    Le gasp. I saved myself $600 for the system, $60 for the game, $1-3,000 for the TV, and $50-200 for the cables.
                    You mean $500 as the 600 version you're talking about is now $500. Also yes you could buy it for the PC. That's what I'm doing, and have done for all 3 previous installments. But you aren't going to get a computer that can run this game for under 600 dollars(PS3 premium plus HDMI cables). I've built 2 gaming rigs myself. And it's just not happening especially at the speed and resolution the PS3 will run it.
                    Last edited by Shamo0; 08-8-2007, 02:57 AM.

                    Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
                    Join Date: Sep 2003

                    Comment

                    • Squeek
                      let it snow~
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 14444

                      #145
                      Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                      That's the beauty of it all. See, my PC doesn't just play games or play Blu-Ray movies. It does everything!

                      Not only that, but all those PC games that'll never come out on PS3... I have them all! And I can play them all whenever I want! All on that one device that lets me do everything I ever need it to do.

                      Comment

                      • Darkjakk
                        FFR Player
                        • Jul 2003
                        • 122

                        #146
                        Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                        Originally posted by Shamo0
                        You mean $500 as the 600 version you're talking about is now $500. Also yes you could buy it for the PC. That's what I'm doing, and have done for all 3 previous installments. But you aren't going to get a computer that can run this game for under 600 dollars(PS3 premium plus HDMI cables). I've built 2 gaming rigs myself. And it's just not happening especially at the speed and resolution the PS3 will run it.
                        You can easily put 600 dollars towards upgrading your PC (Assuming your PC is pretty decent and only a few parts needed to be changed). Hell with 600 dollars I can probably an 8800 and a Gig of RAM if I poke around newegg enough. Good enough for UT3 :P
                        CHILDHOOD, n.
                        The period of human life intermediate between the idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth

                        Comment

                        • zidart
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 964

                          #147
                          Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                          well all those features can be found in other places so what's so good about them anyway? and also there is a game that use all that?
                          Last edited by zidart; 08-9-2007, 12:49 PM.

                          Comment

                          • Go_Oilers_Go
                            <<Insert Title Here>>
                            • Sep 2004
                            • 1436

                            #148
                            Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                            First of all, I'm going with my bias and saying that the Wii is better.

                            To take an objective position as to which console is better, I feel that there are a few aspects which need to be encompassed in one's review.

                            Intuitiveness: Wii > PS3
                            The Wii's motion sensitive controller completely changes the way games (especially FPS) are played now. PS3 is still staying rather classic except for the fact that the controller is tilt sensitive.

                            Games: PS3 > Wii
                            So far the Wii has yet to release many games that appeal to the hardcore gamer. Most of the Wii's games have been relatively casual (this may be to help people adapt to the new control scheme). The PS3 on the other hand has games right away that appeal to the hardcore gamer. However, one should note that the Wii does have a handful of games coming out which are expected to be quite the hits.

                            Graphics: PS3 > Wii
                            I don't really think that the graphical capabilities for the PS3 are really any greater than for the Wii. The Wii just hasn't really released any games yet which have pushed its graphical capabilities.

                            Gameplay: Wii > PS3
                            The Wii's remote helps to totally change gameplay. The control scheme may seem a little simplistic but it adds a lot to the game having motion sensitivity. It's revolutionizing gameplay. The only note is that the motion sensitivity on the Wii is sometimes a little sloppy. PS3's gameplay has stayed pretty much the same in essence as its predecessors.

                            That's just my opinion on the issue.

                            Comment

                            • Squeek
                              let it snow~
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 14444

                              #149
                              Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                              Originally posted by Go_Oilers_Go
                              Games: PS3 > Wii
                              Wait what.

                              The entire gaming community agrees that the PS3 has NOTHING for it right now. NOTHING. Yet you say it has more AAA titles than the Wii has?

                              I could rattle off the usual suspects, but they speak for themselves. Even the most hardcore PS3 owner who buys PS3 sports games, racing games, FPSes, and RPGs *just to have them* wouldn't have as many Wii games as most people have.

                              Comment

                              • KKKEEENNN
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2005
                                • 130

                                #150
                                Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                                Originally posted by Go_Oilers_Go
                                Games: PS3 < Wii
                                So far the Wii has yet to release many games that appeal to the hardcore gamer. Most of the Wii's games have been relatively casual (this may be to help people adapt to the new control scheme). Although, the PS3 has games right away that appeal to the hardcore gamer, they are currently have few good games out and losing exclusives faster than a banshee. However, one should note that the Wii does have a handful of games coming out which are expected to be quite the hits.
                                Fixed.

                                Comment

                                Working...