whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cC@Zz
    FFR Player
    • Apr 2006
    • 1427

    #166
    Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

    Of the list of games Squeek gave I think there are plenty of good games to please all tastes of videogame players. I mean there are some FPS for the shooters and of course the nintendo regulers like Mario and metroid. There is also Manhunt 2 for those gore lovers.
    There is a 50% chance your pillow will eat you while you are sleeping.

    Comment

    • Shamo0
      FFR Player
      • Jan 2006
      • 424

      #167
      Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

      Originally posted by Squeek
      That's the beauty of it all. See, my PC doesn't just play games or play Blu-Ray movies. It does everything!

      Not only that, but all those PC games that'll never come out on PS3... I have them all! And I can play them all whenever I want! All on that one device that lets me do everything I ever need it to do.

      The PS3 just doesn't play Blu-Ray movies or play games. It OFFICIALLY supports Linux. So It can do everything your PC can do. I'm not putting down the PC, I love the PC the most, but the PS3 can do the same.

      Also and yea 600 bucks coudl work for a comp upgrade but for a whole computer that's a bit of a reach.

      Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
      Join Date: Sep 2003

      Comment

      • Shamo0
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2006
        • 424

        #168
        Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

        Originally posted by ddr_f4n
        How come it does not surprise me that most of these games does not interest me? Only games that interest me are GTA IV (also for Xbox 360) and Unreal Tournament (also for PC). I'd rather buy those for those other systems then spend the whole PS3 for just those 2 games. Save alot more money.
        Have you even watched trailers of all the games/Interfaces that were in that pic?

        FolkLore
        Home
        Heavenly Sword
        Killzone 2(Completely INGAME)
        White Knight Story: Trailer 1
        White Knight Story: Trailer 2
        Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

        Look up other videos of games in that pic. But I highly recommend you watch these because I highly doubt you seen these trailers of these new and original games and looked into them yourself.


        If you're going solely on what you already know then you aren't really going to know anything considering it's next gen. And majority of those titles are new IPs.
        Last edited by Shamo0; 08-12-2007, 11:06 AM.

        Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
        Join Date: Sep 2003

        Comment

        • Buttoxin
          FFR Veteran
          • Jul 2007
          • 278

          #169
          Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

          Originally posted by Shamo0
          The PS3 just doesn't play Blu-Ray movies or play games. It OFFICIALLY supports Linux. So It can do everything your PC can do. I'm not putting down the PC, I love the PC the most, but the PS3 can do the same.

          Also and yea 600 bucks coudl work for a comp upgrade but for a whole computer that's a bit of a reach.
          Oh wow, it OFFICIALLY supports the crappiest operating system of all time. Can you play FFR on a PS3?

          Comment

          • Shamo0
            FFR Player
            • Jan 2006
            • 424

            #170
            Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

            Originally posted by Buttoxin
            Oh wow, it OFFICIALLY supports the crappiest operating system of all time. Can you play FFR on a PS3?
            Does Linux have a web browser? Does it have Flash support? Does the PS3 allow the use of USB keyboards?

            One answer answers them all. Yes.

            1UP editor showing Linux on the PS3 from start to finish
            Last edited by Shamo0; 08-12-2007, 12:10 PM.

            Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
            Join Date: Sep 2003

            Comment

            • ducky285
              FFR Player
              • Oct 2005
              • 1388

              #171
              Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

              Originally posted by Buttoxin
              Can you play FFR on a PS3?
              Who the **** cares? Last I checked, playing FFR on the Wii wasn't anything spectacular anyway.

              Also, the whole Linux vs. Windows thing is about as retarded as the PS3 vs. the Wii. It's all based on personal preference which everyone seems to be completely ignoring in this stupid debate.

              Plus most of the people in this thread on both sides sound like ****ing fanboys. You people suck.
              Quack quack quack

              Comment

              • Shamo0
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2006
                • 424

                #172
                Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                Playing FFR on the Wii is actually really bad and slow. Especially considering you're using a DPAD. Not even a full PS2 layout. So jumps are out of question on FFR on the Wii.


                But what about the Xbox 360, oh yeah it doesn't even have a web browser. But the Wii, PS3, DS, and PSP all have one. Weird :P
                Last edited by Shamo0; 08-12-2007, 12:03 PM.

                Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
                Join Date: Sep 2003

                Comment

                • Buttoxin
                  FFR Veteran
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 278

                  #173
                  Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                  Originally posted by ducky285
                  Who the **** cares? Last I checked, playing FFR on the Wii wasn't anything spectacular anyway.

                  Also, the whole Linux vs. Windows thing is about as retarded as the PS3 vs. the Wii. It's all based on personal preference which everyone seems to be completely ignoring in this stupid debate.

                  Plus most of the people in this thread on both sides sound like ****ing fanboys. You people suck.
                  Ok, incase you haven't noticed, this thread is based on PS3 vs. Wii, so YOU'RE the one ignoring the debate. If you thought it was stupid, then why did you even look at the thread??

                  By the way, just because PS3 supports flash, that doesn't mean that it's up to date.

                  Comment

                  • Shamo0
                    FFR Player
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 424

                    #174
                    Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                    Originally posted by Buttoxin
                    By the way, just because PS3 supports flash, that doesn't mean that it's up to date.
                    You're right. But currently it is. So yeah.

                    On Linux on the PS3 you can use Mozilla Firefox. Does your Firefox have an up to date Flash Version? I know mine does. Updating flash on the PS3 linux web browser is as easy as doing it on your computer.


                    Seriously people it all comes down to mass features. Just like in a cell phone, do you want a cell phone that can only make phone calls? Do you not want a back lit screen? Do you not want custom ringtones? Do you not want a wallpaper? Do you not want text messaging? Do you not want a camera? Do you not want Bluetooth headsets, do you not want USB connectivity? The more you can do with one device makes it all the better.


                    But if you do want only a game system or only a cell phone then that's ok. But It definitly is not better then a device that can do all that and a bag of chips. If you don't want to pay for it don't. But don't say it's overpriced, because it really isn't, you're just not willing to spend that much. It's expensive yes, but overpriced no.
                    Last edited by Shamo0; 08-12-2007, 12:37 PM.

                    Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
                    Join Date: Sep 2003

                    Comment

                    • Squeek
                      let it snow~
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 14444

                      #175
                      Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                      Wait what.

                      I HATE cellphones that can do like 120983091283 things. I want a phone that does what it's designed to do: make phone calls. I don't want an MP3 player, digital recording studio, camcorder, radio, homing beacon, laser beam, satellite repositioning system, GPS, whatever. I WANT A PHONE THAT MAKES CALLS.

                      And why is this better? Because it does what it's designed to do perfectly. Cellphones with three million bells and whistles have two little shortcomings: battery life and price. PS3s with three million bells and whistles have two little shortcomings: power consumption and price.

                      Oh joy!! Linux! Yeah, me and my Ubuntu and Knoppix buddies sure are glad to see that!

                      Why would you even bother running Linux on a VIDEO GAMING CONSOLE. I want my console to play games. That's it. That's all it should do. And when there are no games to play on that console, it's a waste of money! So what if the 360 doesn't have a web browser. That's what computers are for! Go out and buy a computer if you want a web browser!

                      And finally, there's no way a PS3 can do everything my PC can do, because it can't even run Windows.

                      Comment

                      • zidart
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 964

                        #176
                        Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                        really, what shamoo is saying of the many many features. it doesn't really help the games
                        (is like a cellphone is made for calls but all the features doesn't help that)
                        and a browser on a gaming console well is just an extra but it helped me because i can watch youtube videos on my giant TV.

                        also lets add to the list fire emblem goddes of dawn and tomb raider annyversary (wich is gonna have different puzzles from the ps2 version)

                        Comment

                        • Buttoxin
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Jul 2007
                          • 278

                          #177
                          Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                          The purpose of a videogaming console is obviously to play videogames, and so far the PS3 has a bunch of non-game related add-ons. Why would I waste my money on a keyboard for my PS3 if I can just walk a couple feet to my computer?

                          The Wii on the other hand is focused on only one thing: bringing in buyers, and the best way to do that is to focus on the gaming.

                          I do have to say though, the PS3 is better online. Sorry Wii...

                          Comment

                          • erk12345
                            FFR Player
                            • Jul 2006
                            • 23

                            #178
                            Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                            idk, ps3 has better graphics but the wii has better games

                            Comment

                            • Shamo0
                              FFR Player
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 424

                              #179
                              Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                              Originally posted by Squeek
                              Wait what.

                              I HATE cellphones that can do like 120983091283 things. I want a phone that does what it's designed to do: make phone calls. I don't want an MP3 player, digital recording studio, camcorder, radio, homing beacon, laser beam, satellite repositioning system, GPS, whatever. I WANT A PHONE THAT MAKES CALLS.

                              And why is this better? Because it does what it's designed to do perfectly. Cellphones with three million bells and whistles have two little shortcomings: battery life and price. PS3s with three million bells and whistles have two little shortcomings: power consumption and price.

                              Oh joy!! Linux! Yeah, me and my Ubuntu and Knoppix buddies sure are glad to see that!

                              Why would you even bother running Linux on a VIDEO GAMING CONSOLE. I want my console to play games. That's it. That's all it should do. And when there are no games to play on that console, it's a waste of money! So what if the 360 doesn't have a web browser. That's what computers are for! Go out and buy a computer if you want a web browser!

                              And finally, there's no way a PS3 can do everything my PC can do, because it can't even run Windows.
                              Well if you only want a device that only does one thing then you've made right the choice with the Wii. You can't simply put down the PS3 simply because you despise multifunctional devices for some strange reason. And honestly if a Mac can emulate windows what makes you think Linux can't?

                              And your acting like the Wii is the perfect video game system when it's not. I'm sure everyone has played Wii boxing and wondered why the game just doesn't pick up some swings. I'm not saying the PS3 is perfect either because it's not. All I'm saying is that the Wii is a not multifunctional machine and the PS3 is, they are to each their own.
                              Last edited by Shamo0; 08-12-2007, 06:37 PM.

                              Nintendo Network ID: BigBadShamoo
                              Join Date: Sep 2003

                              Comment

                              • Squeek
                                let it snow~
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 14444

                                #180
                                Re: whats better,ps3 or the nintendo wii

                                I know about Wii's imperfections and I deal with them on my own. I don't think it's the perfect little system. I merely know it's leagues ahead of its competition.

                                Emulating Windows != running Windows.

                                And finally, I don't hate multifunctional devices. I hate the ones that cut into their original purpose. I didn't want a RAZR phone; my parents just happened to get it for me when we upgraded our service plan. I hate the thing. It dies in like 4 days even when I don't make any calls. If I make calls every so often, it doesn't even last two days. My old phones lasted me weeks if I didn't make calls.

                                See, the problem is, I already have a multi-multipurpose device. It's called a PC. It does everything PS3 does (and LOTS more) except play Blu-Ray discs. Seeing as I have no purpose for Blu-Ray, I don't need a PS3. Simple as that.

                                Comment

                                Working...