TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Soundwave-
    Carry your failures proud
    • Sep 2015
    • 644

    #121
    Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

    Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
    Please show me how we were supposed to get names to kill people with the mukraker. The wolf roles were vastly underpowered in this game compared to the human ones. Complaining about the Mukraker being unfair when it's going to get at most 6 uses with no way to confirm names is eyeroll worthy at best.
    Naw, wolves are the real losers because they didn't role snipe tokzic.
    Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
    only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
    Originally posted by スンファンさん
    右に3回回らない限り間違います。

    Comment

    • Hakulyte
      aka Haku
      • Jul 2005
      • 4697

      #122
      Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

      Also...
      Claiming your role is something that should be carefully considered. There are mechanics in place that punish massclaiming. Claiming your character name is not advised.
      It's just me not reading the OP right. I had my hint. Both "role" and "name" were mentioned.

      It could have been a way to figure out that they only needed my role or my name.
      Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-24-2017, 11:56 PM.

      Comment

      • inDheart
        Picker @ JAX2
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2011
        • 505

        #123
        Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

        Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
        Please show me how we were supposed to get names to kill people with the mukraker. The wolf roles were vastly underpowered in this game compared to the human ones. Complaining about the Mukraker being unfair when it's going to get at most 6 uses with no way to confirm names is eyeroll worthy at best.
        i'm not saying the role is unfair

        smh

        Comment

        • DarkManticoreX2
          TWG Overlord
          • Apr 2005
          • 7355

          #124
          Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

          You're saying it's unfair for the neighbors, because one confirms the other exists. I'm saying that's a bit myopic because in any other game where a neighbor doesnt get modkilled pre game we don't even know neighbors exist till MAYBE D2 IF the muk is still alive. Finding their partner in the next day or two is still a big challenge.
          AAA's = 800

          Originally posted by V
          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

          Comment

          • inDheart
            Picker @ JAX2
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Aug 2011
            • 505

            #125
            Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

            Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
            You're saying it's unfair for the neighbors, because one confirms the other exists. I'm saying that's a bit myopic because in any other game where a neighbor doesnt get modkilled pre game we don't even know neighbors exist till MAYBE D2 IF the muk is still alive. Finding their partner in the next day or two is still a big challenge.
            but once you know neighbors exist, hunting the other one might be an easy lead

            i think it's a poor combo

            Comment

            • MixMasterLar
              Beach Bum Extraordinaire
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2006
              • 5401

              #126
              Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

              A few important things I want to say:

              I want to apologize to Haku for d0. I was pretty damn Aggro and kept taking potshots and tbh I don't actually mean to jump on your back every game. I actually do respect you as a person even if I sometimes think you make the wrong plays.

              Also sorry to the newer players where weren't use to me pressuring, especially Tiloco.

              Also I feel really guilty about killing Charu right as he subbed in. That was objectively garbage and frankly I am down to discuss if subs shouldn't just happen on nightphase as a rule.....although that kind of still doesn't make me look better for the kill lol. Truth be told I had fucked up mutiple times and I knew you'd catch it, Charu. I also knew you'd see right through my bussing and judge me by tone and logic and with it getting to the wire I knew I had to stop being too logical at some point.

              Plus playing against your win condition is against the rules so yeah sorry my man.

              ALSO sorry I was a no show last EoD. Had folks over, then we all sat up laptops to play Overwatch for like the last hour. It's my birthday, cut me some slack y'all





              Response below:


              Originally posted by Charu
              Mechanically getting fear killed essentially when I only posted 2 hours worth of nothing.
              <3

              Originally posted by Wayward Vagabond
              that was fun would play again
              |
              Hope you do man!

              Originally posted by Soundwave-
              The sane side of me is telling me to quit twg.

              I've never listened to that side of me.
              Those who don't quit are the only ones who can succeed.

              Originally posted by blindreper1179
              Fuck this game
              <3
              I must ask, did you figure out I was actually a wolf right at the end? That last post seemed like you knew for sure

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              Lar's style worked this game, I really don't think that busing your team like that will work for you the more you roll wolf. My advice to you is to realize the limitations of a playstyle that involves heavy busing, especially when you are busing teammates both strong role-wise and skill-wise than yourself.
              Aww, I thought I did well this game. Well aside from all the slips. And aside from fucking over our kills by insisting we target InD. And aside not being around last EoD and missing the hammer.
              But you know if you ignore all my shortcomings it was actually pretty great!

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              flashflashaccount was modkilled for talking about his role PM in the neighbor chat. I told him more than once to stop, he kept toeing the line, and I felt like I had no alternatives.
              I feel like if you thought it was death worthy then it was much more then "toeing the line"

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              ROFL That's amazing bring this back please

              Originally posted by tiloco217
              I feel like I'm too new to understand most of the bingo board
              That Lar space really is a freebie.

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              I think I'm gonna hold off on designing more FE mystery games. People seemed to know a little bit about Path of Radiance, but hardly anyone seemed hyped about Awakening, so I think I'll call it quits for FE themed TWG games.
              I hope you continue mystery games, though.
              Always a good time

              Originally posted by FreezinIce
              As an extension of that last post, gg MML you had me completely fooled and did a good job simulating your usual playstyle
              Thankya Thankya! I think my d0 was pretty strong myself.

              Originally posted by Hakulyte
              I was fairly angry early game and it was because flashflash got modkilled.

              That's why I had weird responses with MML at the beginning.
              I honestly just thought you where getting tired of my shit. I take no credit for catching you.
              Last edited by MixMasterLar; 05-25-2017, 12:04 AM.
              ​

              Comment

              • Soundwave-
                Carry your failures proud
                • Sep 2015
                • 644

                #127
                Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                Those who don't quit are the only ones who can succeed.
                When the waters get rough, keep your head up.

                All opposition will drown before perseverance.



                Aside, please please please all bingo game with fake flips or something it would be so good.
                Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
                only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
                Originally posted by スンファンさん
                右に3回回らない限り間違います。

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #128
                  Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                  Originally posted by Soundwave-
                  fake flips
                  :fry:

                  Comment

                  • Soundwave-
                    Carry your failures proud
                    • Sep 2015
                    • 644

                    #129
                    Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                    Only way to keep it from becoming ffr bingo...

                    which is cool too I guess.
                    Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
                    only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
                    Originally posted by スンファンさん
                    右に3回回らない限り間違います。

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #130
                      Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                      o birthday

                      fine
                      happy birthday

                      b-baka

                      Comment

                      • andy-o24
                        Married Man
                        • May 2006
                        • 1527

                        #131
                        Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                        Mml, there was response of yours to a quote on d1 (I think, might try to dig it up on mobile) where I locked you in as wolf. No dice. But probably around 1394 or after. Don't remember if it was a slip or tone, but no one mentioned it. I feel like you always play the same with a town mindset regardless of roles. It's very deceptive.

                        But ffs, were is a word. <3

                        -o24
                        Last edited by andy-o24; 05-25-2017, 12:38 AM.
                        Originally posted by hi19hi19
                        Best strat: enjoy the game, play what you feel like when you feel like it. Don't think about what you are doing or why, enjoy the gameplay, the artistry behind the stepfile, and enjoy the music.

                        When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

                        Originally posted by Shashakiro
                        Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.

                        Comment

                        • tiloco217
                          FFR Veteran
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 6

                          #132
                          Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                          I want to note that most of my reads that stemmed from live play were right. I think you guys underestimate how similar the two are.

                          Comment

                          • Soundwave-
                            Carry your failures proud
                            • Sep 2015
                            • 644

                            #133
                            Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                            There is some truth to ltwg being different, but the ways in which it differ aren't like wacky unpredictable or anything. You can't just throw meta reads out the window because it's different.

                            Unless your meta reads are so underdeveloped that you can't get past the what and to the why.
                            Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
                            only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
                            Originally posted by スンファンさん
                            右に3回回らない限り間違います。

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #134
                              Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                              Kaho - 05/17/2017
                              yeah gg
                              I wanna see manti just grab town by the neck and just wreck them though XD


                              Kekekek
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #135
                                Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                                you did play well lar
                                but you really did make a few "new to wolfing" mistakes, most of which I do think you're aware of
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...