TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XelNya
    [Kaho]
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2012
    • 3369

    #136
    Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

    To sum my thought up:

    1. I predicted first death with wolfchat name (Cordelia) /meme

    2. I genuinely feel a little bit like I get ignored in game. Not a fun feeling, maybe more aggro will fix that. I dunno. It's something about how I post I guess I always come off a little too middle ground or get lost in wanting to check into stuff. I was actually frustrated a bit.

    3. The lynch on me may not have happened had I been home. The case InD personally made was weak as hell and DBP is easily what sold everyone else IMHO. Backpack fucked me properly. And I actually had no time to fight back. Even if it did i may have got a forced claim possibly which woulda been nice.

    4. That bad EoD was a result of me having ADHD. I didn't mention that in game because fuck crutches, but in case you were curious, I literally couldn't focus on the game for more than like five minutes.

    5. Thanks wolf bros, and congrats / good job ^_^

    Comment

    • MixMasterLar
      Beach Bum Extraordinaire
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2006
      • 5403

      #137
      Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

      Originally posted by andy-o24
      Mml, there was response of yours to a quote on d1 (I think, might try to dig it up on mobile) where I locked you in as wolf. No dice. But probably around 1394 or after. Don't remember if it was a slip or tone, but no one mentioned it. I feel like you always play the same with a town mindset regardless of roles. It's very deceptive.

      But ffs, were is a word. <3

      -o24
      I really wish you could have gotten in on this Andy, you're a pretty sharp dude.
      I made a mad slip with Xel and gave the poorest fucking excuse for it and it just....worked. I guess the excuse was so crazy people just figured it must of been true.


      Originally posted by the sun fan
      you did play well lar
      but you really did make a few "new to wolfing" mistakes, most of which I do think you're aware of
      Hindsight helps with that lol.
      All I gotta do is take the experience and move forward yo
      ​

      Comment

      • DarkManticoreX2
        TWG Overlord
        • Apr 2005
        • 7355

        #138
        Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

        more from deadchat:


        FreezinIce - Last Tuesday at 3:22 PM
        Yeah
        P sure I know what moment your talking about
        The chance to kill Manti last phase which was thwarted by town not having the full picture of what happened
        Charu - Last Tuesday at 3:24 PM
        I mean, as a wolf, that was lucky break.
        Which is why I'm hoping manti won't gloat

        I do hope you guys realize i played that whole situation by ear based on how things developed after the debacle that was N3. The roleblocker claim opened so many doors for us I had to play it.

        It would have made up for the blocked wolving
        It would have at the very least drawn out other power roles for the mukraker
        I got to set up a town/town lynch narritive that even when i was proven to be lying and subsequently lynched the next phase bought time for xiz to mukraker kill.

        It was just the right play to make.
        AAA's = 800

        Originally posted by V
        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

        Comment

        • MixMasterLar
          Beach Bum Extraordinaire
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2006
          • 5403

          #139
          Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

          Originally posted by Deathchat
          thesunfan - Last Sunday at 1:41 AM
          manti's gambit is going to backfire most likely considering cel's psychologist check
          cel can confirm dbp is almost never a wolf
          and cel knows he wasn't roleblocked
          so he can shit on manti here
          Oh


          Also Xel rootin' for the home team warms my heart
          ​

          Comment

          • XelNya
            [Kaho]
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2012
            • 3369

            #140
            Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
            Oh


            Also Xel rootin' for the home team warms my heart
            Part of that at the start was anger

            the other part was that I'd actually almost got fully invested in the game.

            Like, the ltwg I played the other night bar my absolutely shit-tier doctor claim was how I should have played this game.

            Comment

            • XelNya
              [Kaho]
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Sep 2012
              • 3369

              #141
              Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

              Also yeah WV played rly good

              Comment

              • mellonxcollie
                Sectional Moderator
                Sectional Moderator
                • Dec 2006
                • 1303

                #142
                Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                sorry for replacing out I fucking loved my role ;_; and am really sad I didn't get to utilize it properly. I blame lightknight
                Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                Comment

                • MixMasterLar
                  Beach Bum Extraordinaire
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 5403

                  #143
                  Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  Also yeah WV played rly good
                  For sure. Hope he continues
                  ​

                  Comment

                  • the sun fan
                    FFR Player
                    • Mar 2017
                    • 658

                    #144
                    Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                    mvp to manti, good player from wolves and a few town like Freezin and inDheart tho
                    more comments when AN is done with
                    TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                    FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                    Comment

                    • Wayward Vagabond
                      Confirmed Heartbreaker
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 5866

                      #145
                      Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                      Also freezin it's not that I wasn't invested in this game I just wasn't sure about the information I was extracting from the posts because it contradicted what those I believed as town to be saying. I would've pushed MML harder for his slip if everyone didn't believe he was town

                      Comment

                      • XelNya
                        [Kaho]
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 3369

                        #146
                        Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                        Also I vote that the next game has a TWG Host's bingo card designed by greg that earns them something random

                        lol

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #147
                          Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                          I'm glad people like the role of Gambler.
                          When I had that epiphany, I turned to Pete and told him that I had the best idea for a role I'd ever had, and I think Tokzic summed it up well when he told me it felt like he randed "third party shitposter"
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • blindreper1179
                            Vice President Of TGB
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 5902

                            #148
                            Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                            Anyways, WV, you're really good for one game under your belt, better than me I think. Hope you see you continue.
                            Originally posted by thesunfan
                            absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                            Originally posted by choof
                            It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                            Originally posted by choof
                            whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                            Originally posted by Celirra
                            I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                            Comment

                            • roundbox
                              fhqwhgads
                              • Feb 2005
                              • 2086

                              #149
                              Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              Originally posted by FreezinIce
                              hey MML can you honestly tell me you dont look back at the times when roundbox was actually a driving force in TWG and really wish he'd finally step his game up and play like he means it again???
                              I won't lie, I fucking do all the time
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              Night 1:
                              xelnya- kill roundbox
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer



                              Comment

                              • j-rodd123
                                End of the road
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 3692

                                #150
                                Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                                glad everyone had fun, gj wolves!

                                just a note to town, next time please lynch someone who makes a post like this:

                                Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                                Ok so, like I said in pregame I'm gonna be tied up at parts of the week. Not only do I have Tai Chi today since it's Thursday but my brother is in town and I don't know if I'll be posting alot. The weekend will be better as I work and have nothing better to do most of the shift.

                                I'll leave a reads list to make up for it tho.

                                1) Hakulyte
                                Liked his entrance and at first was willing to give him a pass, but lately he seems way too overly defensive/desperate in his post. See above responses to him. Anyway he gets to stay on the table.

                                3) inDheart
                                InD has almost as many post as I do and the only thing I can recall that he said was I think he was the one who pointed out that I was giving Haku a pass too early (which was correct). He doesn't stick out in my mind, and gets a null

                                5) Cold Kitten
                                CK has 4 post as of this writing. We're near 30 hour in and I'm not even sure how many are "contentful" enough to count towards minium. I have a thing against players who go UTR but in all fairness he probably needs to be placed at Null

                                6) XelNya
                                Looking past the troll votes and him tryharding, that handwaving he did with Haku was shit, was explained like shit and was only defended so-so. Not impressed. Xel's another player who seems to want to put more effort when wolf and I'm starting to see it already. I expected more Wendy's memes but got.....whatever that was he gave (psssssh the answer is shit)
                                So yeah, Throw a wolflearn on him

                                7) roundbox
                                Roundbox is only reacting to things, but he always does this d0. Other then that push on Xel he did the last Fire Emblem game I can't think of a game where he generated content this early on his own. (Fighting me our last game over this topic doesn't count)
                                . He has 5 post of this writing, and really needs to get back in here. I'll throw him in null....he's easier to read D2 thankfully.

                                8) Xiz
                                I remember not liking Xiz's entrance that much, there was alot of actual posting which I don't associate with him this early. I don't recall that he said anything out of place though. He then dropped off the map and that's kind of bad....
                                We'll give him a faint scum lean for now

                                9) Tokzic
                                Standard Tokzic entrance with standard Tokzic involvement. I actually hate trying to read him because he seems to do this as both alignment. Null


                                10) tiloco217
                                Tiloco seemed willing to try and make an actual contentful post while he was around but otherwise doesn't stick out to me. I don't know this player and unless he does something extremely stupid or anti-town I can give him a day past. Null

                                11) DarkManticoreX2
                                Called Haku out but hasn't done much anything else. Only has 11 post. He's a legend in these parts and is suppose to be a good player, so add that with my UTR bias and it makes me not care for him this game. A skeptical yellow hue for now---I'd put him at null but I got this feeling he's capable of posting more and just isn't. Call it a gutread if you will.

                                12) blindreper1179
                                Other then jumping on me early on I don't really know what else of note Blind has done. I'll probably ISO him since he as a high postcount and still doesn't stick out to me later. Seemed pretty eager to start the ball rolling at the start but has since dropped dominate thread presence.

                                I'll be fair and put him at null.

                                13) mellonxcollie
                                Raeko has 5 post as of this writing and I swear like 3 of them are complaining that people need to produce more content. While this is standard Raeko fair for both alignments, it doesn't make it any less bad. Will probably scumread me again for calling her out.
                                ....n all honesty, she's null though. Raeko's cool as a person but as a player I wish she'd step her game up some.


                                14) DaBackPack
                                Had a good entrance that looked like the Detective BackPack we all love, but dropped off fairly quickly. He has 16 post as of this writing, which if you consider that most if not all of those are one liners with thoughts split between them it doesn't provide alot of content. What he did say was aggressive, but he just kind of stops.
                                DaBackPack has this habit of losing interest in a game as wolf, so if he fails to come back that's a bad sign. It's still a little early to say that's happening, but I'll be keeping an eye out for his return. Null for the moment, ball's in his court.

                                15) LightKnight924
                                Has 2 posts and I couldnt tell you what they where. As aggravating as that is,
                                he's still justNull.

                                16) Soundwave-
                                The only thing of note is he defended Haku acting like he knew Haku well enough to claim what was normal for him. While Xel has sort of soft defended him and Haku provided examples of games they've played, I don't think Soundwave as gotten around to addressing it himself.
                                He has 7 posts as of this writing, it's a little unfair to slant him to either side as of now so Null

                                17) FreezinIce
                                Freezin is confident there isnt a reviver, and thanks I'm a little too aggressive. Past that, his 13 posts are whitenoise. That seems about right for d0 Freezin to be honest.
                                Maybe a slightly green tint? call it a gutread. Probably deserves null but fuck it.
                                I mean really, read this fucking post and say how this is ever a villager, the post was so awkward and only like the 2nd page of posts i read in this game but i had to message sunfan and say ya mml lock wolf right? bla bla bla posts from a sideline player but still it was so frustrating to not see this post get attacked more -.-

                                Originally posted by FictionJunction
                                wow

                                Comment

                                Working...