TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inDheart
    Picker @ JAX2
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2011
    • 505

    #31
    Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

    so what the fuck happened night 3

    Comment

    • tiloco217
      FFR Veteran
      • Sep 2012
      • 6

      #32
      Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

      I had a total of one hour of free time today

      Comment

      • Hakulyte
        aka Haku
        • Jul 2005
        • 4697

        #33
        Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

        @Tiloco

        What was misunderstood in your role?

        Comment

        • Wayward Vagabond
          Confirmed Heartbreaker
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Jul 2012
          • 5866

          #34
          Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

          probably no kill

          Comment

          • tiloco217
            FFR Veteran
            • Sep 2012
            • 6

            #35
            Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

            My save doesn't work on the night I choose the target like I thought. It works the night after

            Comment

            • the sun fan
              FFR Player
              • Mar 2017
              • 658

              #36
              Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

              A couple things that are not readily obvious

              gimmicks of the game are:
              1) 15 of the 17 characters were female. "Waifu Emblem" is an alt name of Fire Emblem, so I'd wanted to do this when I got the idea. Libra is in there because he looks like a girl (something Manti found out) and Donnel is in there because he's a fucking boss.

              2) The roles were all stuff that has never been used on FFR, or stuff that has been used only a few times. If people realized things like that, Manti's claim of "Roleblocker" looks a lot less good.

              Surprised no one really commented on that outside of the wolves in wolfchat.

              Wolves were allowed to pick which wolf got what role. This sounds pretty strong in hindsight, and it was really compounded considering the strength of this wolfteam.

              I am supremely sad that Anna didn't get more mileage. I think it might be one of the most fun roles I've ever seen, and Tokzic didn't cross any of the squares off after d0, which is a crying shame imo.

              Tiloco did in fact misunderstand his role. He saved people on the next day and night phase, not the current one. As such, he was unaware he had a save on inDheart. I pretty much had a moral dilemma between telling him he misunderstood his role or not, I know it basically fucked the game and let Manti do Manti things, but I do think I made the right decision, and I think the onus is on the player to understand their role properly.

              Lar's style worked this game, I really don't think that busing your team like that will work for you the more you roll wolf. My advice to you is to realize the limitations of a playstyle that involves heavy busing, especially when you are busing teammates both strong role-wise and skill-wise than yourself.

              flashflashaccount was modkilled for talking about his role PM in the neighbor chat. I told him more than once to stop, he kept toeing the line, and I felt like I had no alternatives.

              There's probably a few more things that I can't think of right now, will post them later.
              TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

              FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

              Comment

              • tiloco217
                FFR Veteran
                • Sep 2012
                • 6

                #37
                Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                So I saved ind on the no kill night cause I angeled him the night before

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #38
                  Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                  Originally posted by the sun fan
                  2) The roles were all stuff that has never been used on FFR, or stuff that has been used only a few times. If people realized things like that, Manti's claim of "Roleblocker" looks a lot less good.

                  Surprised no one really commented on that outside of the wolves in wolfchat.
                  fuck reading the mod

                  Comment

                  • tiloco217
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 6

                    #39
                    Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                    You chose right. Telling me basically confirms the save and adds so much angle shooting

                    Comment

                    • FreezinIce
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 265

                      #40
                      Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                      So many terrible plays that collectively added up to crush any chance town had of winning

                      Manti claimed town roleblocker wish is shady to begin with. Then he causes two town deaths after all but guaranteeing a wolf between them. THEN he doesn't get pressured at all for it. Despite indheart having a check on dbp.

                      Mind boggling. Taste my salt you nerds.

                      Also check dead people's reads for god sakes
                      ========

                      To let the world be.

                      ========

                      Originally posted by Charu
                      Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                      Originally posted by mellon_collie
                      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                      Originally posted by roundbox
                      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                      Originally posted by Red
                      My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                      Originally posted by TWG Ike
                      SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                      Comment

                      • the sun fan
                        FFR Player
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 658

                        #41
                        Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                        bingo board:


                        full role reveal:
                        Fire Emblem Mystery Game PMs Charu, you are Anna, the Gambler. You are a third party role that achieves its win condition by getting 2 bingos on the randomly generated bingo board located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rAdDnnQkJjHizbF3wG87G4CEhIO0WihIBeuJ9pxfywI/edit#gid=0. Every ...


                        deadchat:
                        Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.


                        wolfchat:
                        Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.


                        neighbor chat is super short and its on Skype, so no link. Doesn't really matter much anyways.
                        TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                        FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                        Comment

                        • Soundwave-
                          Carry your failures proud
                          • Sep 2015
                          • 644

                          #42
                          Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          2) The roles were all stuff that has never been used on FFR, or stuff that has been used only a few times. If people realized things like that, Manti's claim of "Roleblocker" looks a lot less good.
                          I don't think there's any practical way this could have been deduced and used.
                          Originally posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
                          only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
                          Originally posted by スンファンさん
                          右に3回回らない限り間違います。

                          Comment

                          • the sun fan
                            FFR Player
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 658

                            #43
                            Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                            Originally posted by inDheart
                            fuck reading the mod
                            I'd call it reading the theme, or the gimmick.
                            Especially since you know there is one.
                            TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                            FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                            Comment

                            • Celirra
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2015
                              • 749

                              #44
                              Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                              I knew I should've just used a fruit vendor power!
                              ,,
                               ,_, -ー'"{
                               ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                               ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                              彡と} 猫.{つ

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #45
                                Re: TWG CLXVII How Was Awakening Reviewed Postgame Thread

                                Originally posted by Soundwave-
                                I don't think there's any practical way this could have been deduced and used.
                                potentially.
                                like, I'm not trying to say "this is what you should've realized" because the game came down to tiloco not understanding his role.
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...