TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vendetta21
    Sectional Moderator
    Sectional Moderator
    • Aug 2006
    • 2745

    #286
    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

    i'm beginning to see afro's perception of things

    Comment

    • Tokzic
      FFR Player
      • May 2005
      • 6878

      #287
      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

      Originally posted by TC_Halogen
      Yes, killing players effectively reduces the amount of data that you receive for the community, but there's nothing ever saying that the data will be valuable. If a player is active in the thread and isn't providing information, there's no information of value to be lost, and (to my understanding) the player won't be removed because they are still contributing to the game actively (albeit, uselessly).
      Three fluff posts over two game phases is grounds for replacement. Anko will be replaced if they don't make a post with any merit soon.

      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

      Comment

      • TC_Halogen
        Rhythm game specialist.
        FFR Simfile Author
        FFR Music Producer
        • Feb 2008
        • 19376

        #288
        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

        Oh alright.

        Thanks for the clarification.

        Comment

        • Tokzic
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 6878

          #289
          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

          Originally posted by Tokzic
          so ever since the spotlight got yoinked from xelnya he's gone completely silent

          except every time i view the thread he also seems to be viewing it

          what's up dude got any opinions you want to share or are you afraid to dig your hole any deeper
          it's been a half hour since i made this post, i've been consistently viewing the thread, so has xelnya, but he still has yet to say anything

          but xelnya-chan you were so talkative yesterday what's wrong ;_;

          Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

          Comment

          • XelNya
            [Kaho]
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2012
            • 3369

            #290
            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

            Originally posted by Tokzic
            so ever since the spotlight got yoinked from xelnya he's gone completely silent

            except every time i view the thread he also seems to be viewing it

            what's up dude got any opinions you want to share or are you afraid to dig your hole any deeper
            What can I say, I like to do my reading.

            Come the next few hours I'll be at work. I still hold to either FG or Clasko. Preference to Clasko.

            I would move my vote but that would show I am not true to my word. So on myself my vote will stay.

            I still hold these people as possible wolves:

            Clasko: Posts on walls asking questions and in thread content. Even if the wall post is a joke, it's suspicious and red flagged as hell.

            T-Force: no ground to go off either way still.

            And add these persons:

            Guest: Shitty post in thread + lack of posts
            Anko: Due to the wall posts.

            Released for now:

            Xiz possibly I misread due to not having played a game with him before. I'm letting go for now but I still am a bit weary.

            And yes I am aware this number equals five.

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #291
              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

              I strongly want to push for a T-Force wagon today over an Anko push. Sure, anko has literally given us jack shit but T-Force has not just bandwagoned (which I look past) but the amount of fluff and lack of unique content.

              I'm gonna pretty much peace out of this thread till night phase, vote will stay on T-Force.

              Also, a XelNya lynch today is stupid and you should change your votes.

              Comment

              • Tps222
                FFR Player
                • Nov 2004
                • 6169

                #292
                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                Originally posted by Tokzic
                Three fluff posts over two game phases is grounds for replacement. Anko will be replaced if they don't make a post with any merit soon.
                That is definitely not true in this game. If they make a vote and avoid phantoms, all forms of playstyle and posting are allowed. I don't have min post requirements. It limits styles of play (as V alluded to with an earlier past game).

                The only way you will get removed due to activity in this game is if you don't post at all during an entire day phase. Phantoms are on for people who post but forget to vote or have unexpected obligations that keep them away for a bit.

                Comment

                • Vendetta21
                  Sectional Moderator
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 2745

                  #293
                  Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                  Originally posted by Tokzic
                  no i'm pretty sure that was the game where a human spent a vigi on night 1 removing a player from the pool before any player relationships whatsoever could be established
                  This is using a stark and not entirely relevant correlation. I am basing my push on anko on evidence. At first the push had two of my favorite pieces of day 1 evidence albeit weak, fluff and inactivity - the sign of a wolf trying to skate by, but then it had the sign of a player actively ignoring a call for activity. But it later gained the ultimate seal-the-deal factor that I long for in any day one lynch I push, and that is multiple people seeming resistant to the notion.

                  Nothing is sweeter than resistance, open resistance, to the notion of lynching someone on day 1. But one person is not quite good enough, that's just noise. But two people vocally and one person indirectly? Yeah that's a lynch I like.

                  I want to remind everyone to read AnkoAcid's post in response to my prod. Note the structure of the prod is designed to narrow down and make it easier to anwser (pick one among three people who just posted and let me know who you think is most wolfy.) Any new human should be confused and paranoid enough to anwser this simple question. Her reply was defensive and deflecting. That's a good tell.

                  Actively hiding is a way of hoping the attention shifts elsewhere usually (another reason I don't relent.)

                  Consider my perspective, as I very thoroughly consider all of yours. Ask yourself if it is really so misguided or if it has a sort of logic to it. I can never seem to convey this method of thinking clearly.

                  Comment

                  • DarkManticoreX2
                    TWG Overlord
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 7355

                    #294
                    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                    New thread poll:

                    If you had to lynch between clasko and anko right now who would you lynch?

                    Add some subsance for points++
                    AAA's = 800

                    Originally posted by V
                    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                    Comment

                    • Tokzic
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 6878

                      #295
                      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                      Originally posted by Tps222
                      That is definitely not true in this game. If they make a vote and avoid phantoms, all forms of playstyle and posting are allowed. I don't have min post requirements.
                      oh god really

                      Originally posted by anko
                      am obviously wolf

                      plz kill me
                      Originally posted by anko
                      *gnaws on jerky....*
                      are we seriously calling this permittable playstyle

                      Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                      Comment

                      • Tokzic
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 6878

                        #296
                        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                        then fuck it

                        anko

                        please tell me we aren't killing the psychic

                        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                        Comment

                        • Tokzic
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 6878

                          #297
                          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                          i agree with your sentiment that you should be able to play the game however you want, i remember tibs having really chaotic strategy back when he played regularly

                          but is it "playing monopoly" if you're chucking the dice out of the room and making paper airplanes out of your money

                          is that "playstyle"

                          Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                          Comment

                          • clasko1000
                            Ima Twans
                            • Aug 2006
                            • 633

                            #298
                            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                            Wow, I really don't remember posting that on her wall. I thought i was clear that we weren't doing any out of thread talking(about the game), but it looks like that one went on during night 1.

                            Im sorry to everyone and sorry for the mistake i made, Ill make sure that i dont do something stupid like that again.

                            As far as lynching her day one, Im not going to vote her today simply because i dont want to see her die day one. As it looks, there is more than enough to vote her head off. *sigh*

                            I see you all in a few hours.
                            It doesnt matter where you draw the line, everything leads to the same place... Over the line!

                            Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

                            Originally posted by emerald000
                            I'll take some more free boosters please.
                            Originally posted by choof
                            please do the community a favor
                            http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

                            Comment

                            • mellonxcollie
                              Sectional Moderator
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 1304

                              #299
                              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                              Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                              If you had to lynch between clasko and anko right now who would you lynch?
                              I would definitely choose Clasko. Tokzic has a good point about eliminating a player before receiving any information from them.

                              Here is the information I DO have about Anko:
                              This is her first TWG
                              she is playing with her boyfriend (could possibly mean she is not actually extremely interested, but signed up to play with him)
                              She is a shy girl who is nervous about posting

                              If we are taking all factors into account when lynching someone, these are important points. It makes sense for someone who is already shy to be nervous/unsure about making posts in a "serious" forum game they've never played before.

                              Of course it's possible that this is a wolf strategy and she is using her personality to her benefit in the game. If she is a wolf, her shyness could be preventing her from posting even more for fear of messing up. I would like to see more out of her before lynching her either way.

                              If Clasko is what y'all want, I am OK with that. He seems suspicious enough to me
                              Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

                              Comment

                              • TC_Halogen
                                Rhythm game specialist.
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                FFR Music Producer
                                • Feb 2008
                                • 19376

                                #300
                                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                                Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
                                New thread poll:

                                If you had to lynch between clasko and anko right now who would you lynch?

                                Add some subsance for points++
                                points++ to be used in a program near you!

                                For me, the choice is easily AnkoAcid simply because of the lack of quality posting compared to clasko1000, who while not posting a lot of quality, has at least taken the time to show an active interest in the game. Even if this is Anko's first game, I don't feel like it's an excuse to be inactive. I personally am bothered at the fact that the response to being voted for was simply to fly under the radar. She popped into the thread multiple times and never even bothered to say a word.

                                Going to keep my vote at AnkoAcid.

                                Comment

                                Working...