TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy! (Cancelled)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tupacodaman
    FFR Player
    • Sep 2006
    • 635

    #61
    Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

    so yea, like u84 said, just because you don't post on night 1" dur night 1 I'M HUMAN EVERYONE" doesn't mean you are/aren't active... I've been online a ton since I've been studying for finals (which are finally done thankfully). Which is why I was the first person to sign up (since gun told me the instant he made the thread).


    Originally posted by Temote
    So the people who have no posts before Night 1 ended?

    Freeze, u84, tupa, AC, and Iggy. Unless I missed one.

    Still looking over Iggy's plan up to day 3. There's a crapload of hypothetical branches it can take. xP
    So, freeze just said he didn't have computer access, so he obviously wasn't even on AIM. Did anyone here see u84/AC/Iggy on AIM? I think I saw Iggy once during night 1 but don't remember seeing the other 2 (though I could be wrong).

    Anyway,given that no one was lynched, our best bet at this point is to first address my concern I just listed and then use that info to further investigate the people temote listed.

    With that said, freeze.sorry,but I really do think at LEAST 2 wolves were inactive, and the third was either inactive or didn't bother to check when night ended. given that everyone here has played at least one game, and since most people seem to have posted and therefore would have known their roles and (hopefully, but NOT necessarily, though still likely) when night 1 ended. So my guess at this point for wolves is freeze and then at least one other wolf will be in the list temote had

    Thoughts? Can everyone check their logs to see if they saw U84/Iggy/AC on AIM during night 1 (or me, though I hope that's not a problem... haha)

    Comment

    • AC1speakerbox
      FFR Player
      • Jun 2006
      • 1242

      #62
      Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

      Naw. I wasn't on aim until last night, but I was on ffr.

      Like I said before, you can check my post history.

      Comment

      • Spyke_MH
        FFR Player
        • Jan 2005
        • 204

        #63
        Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

        I'm gunna put a safety on Temote for now because something just feels off about this whole thing.

        Comment

        • iggymatrixcounter
          FFR Veteran
          • Nov 2003
          • 1924

          #64
          Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

          Guess today was slightly less active than normal but without afro to drive a bunch of crazy conspiracy theories around, we're only left with what's most logical XD.

          I'm going with freeze. I have not found anything to change my previous initial suspicion. His defense dodges the real issue, it's not why he was gone, it's the fact that he was gone. (Someone said this I think.)

          @bdn: I'm glad to see you actually play, I'm surprised that you're actually posting and contributing XD.

          @vic:
          Originally posted by Viccica
          Inactivity is a poor, poor reason to vote someone down without at least talking to them once. For all you know we could be voting down an inactive blue. Not saying I think freez is psychic or seer, but.. still.
          Inactivity is usually a poor reason, but in this instance it is a cause of something that actually happened. I'm willing to take the risk on whether or not he's actually a seer or psychic, I mean everyone has an equal chance of being one so any vote you place on someone runs the risk of killing off a blue.

          As far as talking to him before he gets killed, personally I think it has little benefit for this game. For example say he was a blue and now has all these votes on him, if he was here, he would say, "don't kill me I'm important!" and even if you could get someone else lynched, the wolves would just off him and would know they got a blue. In this game, imo, it's better to not let your blue role to be public knowledge under any circumstances. Even if the seer wanted to tell the thread he had found a wolf, as a seer I would come out as a green that was seered. That way you always keep the chance that a seer still exists.

          I know that's a long rant, but I think it needs to be said. I don't really think vic saying this was intentional, more out of not considering the whole picture, happens to anyone XD.

          I'm glad with the voting so far, a lot of safeties yes, but at least no phantoms except for u84 and freeze (which I think it's safe to say that it won't matter for him lol). Keep it up, with an even numbers of players during the day, even 1 phantom on a human essentially costs the humans 1 full day.

          TO THE PSYCHIC: you need to look at voting patterns since you are essentially the only one who will know for sure how many wolves there are left, hopefully you get seered and combine with the seer to influence the game, but you're going to have a good knowledge of player relations that can be used.

          @temote: I sent you a PM, read it and get back to me. It's obviously a matter of super importance XD.
          lastfm
          PANDORA

          Comment

          • Temote
            FFR Player
            • Jun 2007
            • 748

            #65
            Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

            Originally posted by tupacodaman
            Can everyone check their logs to see if they saw U84/Iggy/AC on AIM during night 1 (or me, though I hope that's not a problem... haha)
            Iggy popped on once, but I didn't talk to him that time.
            U84 was mobile the whole time.
            AC already said he wasn't on. XD

            This is why my first list covered people who hadn't signed on to AIM as opposed to those who hadn't signed on to the forums. I didn't want to base it off forum activity at first due to the possibility of someone just lying low and not posting (as several of us are prone to doing xP), but the lack of AIM activity signaled as something to think about since that's primarily how the wolves stay in contact with each other.

            Also, I talked to you Night 1, remember? =P

            Comment

            • iggymatrixcounter
              FFR Veteran
              • Nov 2003
              • 1924

              #66
              Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

              Also:

              freezin 5: argo, rawr, (ac), ruritsu, tupa, iggy

              vic 1 :gun
              argo 1 anda
              rawr 1 :ac
              ac 1 :bdn
              u84 1 :temote
              panda 1 :vic
              temote 1: sypke


              left to vote: freeze and u84
              lastfm
              PANDORA

              Comment

              • jump_the_bullet
                Oh you fancy, huh?
                • Jan 2008
                • 912

                #67
                Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

                i was just about to update the votes when i realized iggy did it for me. thank you
                Last edited by jump_the_bullet; 12-13-2009, 08:44 PM.

                Comment

                • Temote
                  FFR Player
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 748

                  #68
                  Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

                  Ok, are you operating out of EST or CST? Don't switch it up on us. xP

                  I seriously thought we only had twenty minutes left.

                  Comment

                  • jump_the_bullet
                    Oh you fancy, huh?
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 912

                    #69
                    Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

                    my bad i wasnt thinking 15 minutes

                    EST *facepalm*

                    Comment

                    • u84
                      FFR Veteran
                      • Jul 2006
                      • 1921

                      #70
                      Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

                      No, Temote, I was on all Night 1, just not last night.

                      Anyway, I've waited long enough. Freezin has no real reason to NOT be lynched right now and this time, inactivity COULD be the reason as to why no one was killed. So, I'm afraid, going against all of my senses and instincts, I'm going to vote Freezin.
                      Originally posted by ryanisadouche
                      I woke up this morning wearing my new ffr shirt which confused me.

                      Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.


                      Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.

                      Comment

                      • u84
                        FFR Veteran
                        • Jul 2006
                        • 1921

                        #71
                        Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

                        Holy **** that was close! I thought I had until midnight. XD
                        Originally posted by ryanisadouche
                        I woke up this morning wearing my new ffr shirt which confused me.

                        Then i remembered i found the package last night while drunk and put it on in excitement, then immediately passed out.


                        Last edited by: Tasselfoot; 7 minutes ago. Reason: I am your MILF.

                        Comment

                        • jump_the_bullet
                          Oh you fancy, huh?
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 912

                          #72
                          Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

                          Day over!

                          Votes:
                          Freez (6): Tupac, U84, Argo, Iggy, Ruritsu, RawrInc
                          AC1 (1): BDN
                          U84 (1): Temote
                          Panda (1): Vicc
                          Temote (1): Spyke
                          Argo (1): Panda
                          Rawr (1): AC1
                          Vicc (1): Gun

                          FreezinIce is dead now. so sad so sad

                          1. tupacodaman (tupacodaman)
                          2. u84 (u84 77)
                          3. BDN (MegamnGTX)
                          4. Argo15 (Argo1516)
                          5. iggymatrixcounter (iggy911mc)
                          6. Temote (Sumote)
                          7. FreezinIce (nexgen33)
                          8. Viccica (mmviccica)
                          9. Spyke_MH (SpykeSlash)
                          10. Panda Express (HellJumperDragon)
                          11. Ruritsu (Ruritsu)
                          12. AC1speakerbox (AC1colossus)
                          13. Gun92 (james92hoffman)
                          14. RawrInc (jsrf326)

                          It is now Night 2. Night will end on Monday December 14th at 11 pm EST.

                          and i will be sure not to be a douche this time and forget how time zones work xD
                          Last edited by jump_the_bullet; 12-13-2009, 09:19 PM.

                          Comment

                          • AC1speakerbox
                            FFR Player
                            • Jun 2006
                            • 1242

                            #73
                            Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

                            Originally posted by jump_the_bullet
                            and i will be sure not to be a douche this time and forget how time zones work xD
                            you better not or we'll have a problem buuuuuuuuuudy =P

                            idk

                            Comment

                            • Temote
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 748

                              #74
                              Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

                              ...Is anyone else getting a sense of Night 2 thumb twiddling? =(

                              Granted, I just woke up (and left early last night due to contact problems), but this is really kinda weird to me. =/

                              Comment

                              • Temote
                                FFR Player
                                • Jun 2007
                                • 748

                                #75
                                Re: TWG XCII: Welcome Back, Wolfy!

                                Originally posted by iggymatrixcounter
                                As far as talking to him before he gets killed, personally I think it has little benefit for this game. For example say he was a blue and now has all these votes on him, if he was here, he would say, "don't kill me I'm important!" and even if you could get someone else lynched, the wolves would just off him and would know they got a blue. In this game, imo, it's better to not let your blue role to be public knowledge under any circumstances. Even if the seer wanted to tell the thread he had found a wolf, as a seer I would come out as a green that was seered. That way you always keep the chance that a seer still exists.
                                I don't actually see how this would help too much, honestly. Even if the seer did just come out as a seered green, they'd still likely be wolved so that there's less confirmed roles out there. x_x

                                Then we'd be out the seer. =/

                                Honestly, I'd say a slightly more effective way for the seer to get out a wolf role would be to use PMs to spread the information to a few people. They'd still keep their names out of sight, and if they know one wolf, and PM... say... three people, they have zero chances of not getting a human. Not to mention that although more players would know who they are, they likely wouldn't be killed immediately as long as the ones they PMed know who each other are.

                                Then it would just be a matter of figuring out if any of the ones they PMed needed to be seered (or just seering them anyways).

                                Still risky, but taking risks is part of what makes the game interesting for people. =P

                                Comment

                                Working...