TWG Championship Season 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inDheart
    Picker @ JAX2
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2011
    • 505

    #121
    Re: TWG Championship Season 5

    also i'd say there are "better" games, and there are certainly games where several people play well and the votes are split among a few good candidates who'd get snubbed by a top-X cutoff

    it'd have to align with some restructuring of voting

    Comment

    • DarkManticoreX2
      TWG Overlord
      • Apr 2005
      • 7355

      #122
      Re: TWG Championship Season 5

      Originally posted by the sun fan
      games where less people don't vote are hit harder for no good reason
      It could always be weighted

      Originally posted by inDheart
      also i'd say there are "better" games, and there are certainly games where several people play well and the votes are split among a few good candidates who'd get snubbed by a top-X cutoff

      it'd have to align with some restructuring of voting
      Sure, but there’s always going to be a cutoffline and the person directly below it will be snubbed. 17/18 are probably very close in skill, maybe 18 wins 7/10 games against 17, but since our sample size is one game, flaws are inherent with the system.

      That’s why one and dones are exciting. Sometimes a player might have an outstanding game. They should be recognized for that. Sometimes an outstanding player has a bad game, tough luck see ya next year.
      Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 07-5-2018, 06:11 PM.
      AAA's = 800

      Originally posted by V
      Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

      Comment

      • sprucegrit
        FFR Player
        • Jul 2018
        • 6

        #123
        Re: TWG Championship Season 5

        Congratz, DarkManti, on making wildcards!!!

        Fuggles and hey_monkey made it through too.
        Last edited by sprucegrit; 07-8-2018, 07:13 PM.

        Comment

        • DarkManticoreX2
          TWG Overlord
          • Apr 2005
          • 7355

          #124
          Re: TWG Championship Season 5

          Originally posted by sprucegrit
          Congratz, DarkManti, on making wildcards!!!

          Fuggles and hey_monkey made it through too.
          Hot! Alright squad, two more games till I take 1st place
          AAA's = 800

          Originally posted by V
          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

          Comment

          • sprucegrit
            FFR Player
            • Jul 2018
            • 6

            #125
            Re: TWG Championship Season 5

            Zara and I made the subs list for any wilds who can't play. Still a bit surprising, as I've really POed half the jury.

            Comment

            • Charu
              Snivy! Dohoho!
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2006
              • 6207

              #126
              Re: TWG Championship Season 5

              Guess that means you're out of the TWG here, huh?

              Congrats though!


              Originally posted by JohnRedWolf87
              Charu the red-nosed Snivy
              Had a very shiny nose
              And if you ever saw it
              You could even say it glows

              All of the other Snivies
              Used to laugh and call him names
              They never let poor Charu
              Join in any Snivy games

              (Click the arrow to see the rest)


              Originally posted by Vendetta21
              All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

              Comment

              • sprucegrit
                FFR Player
                • Jul 2018
                • 6

                #127
                Re: TWG Championship Season 5

                They haven't posted the wildcards schedule yet.
                Looks like 16th, 19th, 23rd, 26th, 30th.

                And it's official, I'll be joining the fray. All the wolves made it.
                Last edited by sprucegrit; 07-8-2018, 09:59 PM.

                Comment

                • DarkManticoreX2
                  TWG Overlord
                  • Apr 2005
                  • 7355

                  #128
                  Re: TWG Championship Season 5

                  Game 7 wolf squad too OP

                  Howlllllllllll
                  AAA's = 800

                  Originally posted by V
                  Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                  Comment

                  • sprucegrit
                    FFR Player
                    • Jul 2018
                    • 6

                    #129
                    Re: TWG Championship Season 5

                    Last edited by sprucegrit; 07-8-2018, 10:35 PM.

                    Comment

                    • sprucegrit
                      FFR Player
                      • Jul 2018
                      • 6

                      #130
                      Re: TWG Championship Season 5

                      Zarathustra replaces TomKat in wildcards.

                      Comment

                      • LightManticorex2
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2006
                        • 25

                        #131
                        Re: TWG Championship Season 5

                        Originally posted by sprucegrit
                        Zarathustra replaces TomKat in wildcards.
                        Favoritisim imo.

                        Zara might be good, but he didn’t show it in our game.
                        Lock clear

                        Comment

                        • sprucegrit
                          FFR Player
                          • Jul 2018
                          • 6

                          #132
                          Re: TWG Championship Season 5

                          Oh MY!!! Did you see our wildcard game? It's like a complete rematch!

                          Comment

                          • LightManticorex2
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2006
                            • 25

                            #133
                            Re: TWG Championship Season 5

                            Kinda nuts.

                            I'm a bit upset we cant advance 7 players from G7 into the finals like this though.
                            Lock clear

                            Comment

                            • flashflash account
                              FFR Player
                              • Apr 2017
                              • 567

                              #134
                              Re: TWG Championship Season 5

                              Zara was in my champs game last year
                              Quite an aggressive player
                              aka mikey

                              -----

                              Originally posted by FreezinIce
                              FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

                              Originally posted by QueenAshy
                              I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
                              Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                              seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless

                              Comment

                              • DarkManticoreX2
                                TWG Overlord
                                • Apr 2005
                                • 7355

                                #135
                                Re: TWG Championship Season 5

                                Originally posted by flashflash account
                                Zara was in my champs game last year
                                Quite an aggressive player
                                I can see this, but again he died before he could make anything happen.

                                In a one game system this shouldn't be rewarded, especially when you had other games where the humans swept and only 2 made it into wildcards.
                                Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 07-14-2018, 07:58 PM.
                                AAA's = 800

                                Originally posted by V
                                Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                                Comment

                                Working...