ODIPack3 submissions (Release when graphics are done)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • skorpion9x
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    I sent two more files today. One I don't think is that great as it is, but maybe you could make a suggestion to improve it. The second one I think is good.

    Leave a comment:


  • ilikexd
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by James May
    EOS looks mighty sexy mollo ~ Also nathan, I'm guessing that the "sports!" I'm guessing is the one from Tim & Eric's xd?
    yes

    Nice to see somebody recognizes it

    Leave a comment:


  • bmah
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Mollocephalus
    For the whole time i was looking for a baroque themed scenery, but i haven't found anything that seemed to fit the song more than this woman playing the piano. The tango dancing seems like a really good idea, however this song has various movements and they aren't all very tango-able :3

    If you want, i could try to change the image with a somewhat abstract and dark tango dancer thing though.
    Yeah, I'd love to see that. "Dark" tango dancer? I'd imagine the ladies would have a red dress while dancing! (if both sets are good I'll probably keep both and choose one as the main set)

    Originally posted by dascookieman
    but there is one single part that comes back twice that is just too annoying to hit, it's when the jacks are on the down arrow, and there are down+left jumps in there, it's in general a terrible pattern and it definitely think it needs to be changed, for both flow and scoring purposes. wtf bmah is on fire fourth file in the pack so far, you really make good stuff! i'll look it through in the editor and get back to you some day soon (i have a bunch of files now that i've promised to look at, will try and do them all whenever i don't have that many submissions to play sometime this week)
    Fixed those parts. Should be more comfortable to play. (The previous patterns were a result of pretty rigid layering.)

    Originally posted by kommisar
    Innocent Walls

    -can't help but feel there should be a 4th note at beat 1
    -16th at beat 24.250, this same sequence happens thoughout the file. just a tiny missed gap perhaps
    -beat 176 the beats here don't sound syncopated at all. just sounds like straight drum n bass on 4th notes
    - 4th note on beat 1? nope (unless I'm stepping the bg sounds, which I'm not)
    - strange, I only spotted that twice near the beginning. Oh well, I'll add those
    - that's not what I'm following. There are some more subtle synth sounds (best heard separately on beat 272) that I'm following. I also follow the same synths at the last bit of the song.

    Revision sent!
    Last edited by bmah; 03-25-2013, 07:57 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • James May
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    EOS looks mighty sexy mollo ~ Also nathan, I'm guessing that the "sports!" I'm guessing is the one from Tim & Eric's xd?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mollocephalus
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)


    Leave a comment:


  • Wayward Vagabond
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    sent in another revision for time out. fixed sync errors and added notes!

    Leave a comment:


  • baq12
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    I'll probably end up using War of Worlds for something else. Oh well. Time to step another file! and I think it'll turn out great!
























    P.S its Canon Rock 2 :P

    Leave a comment:


  • Charu
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    I sent in another one, this time I'm hoping for a no reject!

    I forgot to mention in the submission, but it has 2 difficulties. One that's simple and one that's more for the pack!

    Leave a comment:


  • James May
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
    someone give me something to step... I'm very low on steppable tunes atm D:
    here you go~


    There's also a 4-minute version of it if you want~

    Leave a comment:


  • icontrolyourworld
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    measure 9&10 don't think the 16ths after half the measure is there 10.49/11.79
    I hear it very clearly, it's there, it goes to the piano i'm sure


    measure 13&15 16ths not there, 15.68/18.27
    The 16ths i did put go to the saxophone


    measure 14&15&16&17&19 missing 16th in the beginning 16.98/23.46
    I excluded these because they were too quiet, it felt more fun to just go with 8ths I can put them there if you want though


    measure 32 missing 16th as the last freeze starts 40.33
    nice catch!

    measure 45 i don't get the jumps. if they are to the hi-hat they should be on all 8ths too, nothing else is playing on all 4ths 57.19
    The jumps go the the high sound of the piano, like it starts high then it goes down 4 and then it switches to high and goes 3 down, it felt neat


    measure 48 the first of the up+right jumps doesn't have the piano 61.08
    oh wow you really can catch everything xD

    measure 49 too many 16ths to the piano 62.38
    same deal as before with my weird jump placement, they go to the high note of the piano


    measure 50-51 once again the jumps are random, find something to have jumps too 63.68-64.98
    Still stickin with my the jumps go to high piano notes, it feels right to me i dunno x)


    measure 51 halfway through the measure the drums take over, but they overlap with the piano just for a couple of notes so there should be a 16th jump there 64.98
    feels ait either way but edited just for you <3

    measure 68 too many 16ths towards the end 87.03
    got it :P

    measure 60 not sure this is correct 76.65
    yea took out a couple of 16ths

    measure 73 there's one 32nd missing after the last 4th 93.52
    got it

    measure 77 dunno about that last 16th jump.. 98.71
    I don't see a 16th jump out of place, when the 16th jumps start they're going to the hihats, SS for me maybe ?


    measure 81-93 same missing 16ths and too many 16ths as the beginning part that is the same 103.90-119.46
    still feels better this way to me
    I excluded these because they were too quiet, it felt more fun to just go with 8ths I can put them there if you want though


    measure 94 missing 16th after the last 4th 120.76
    again nice catch

    measure 97 one more piano note 124.65
    and got it!
    Stuff in bold is stuff I didn't change and a reason why ~
    resent :P

    ps i'm scarred to submit a hard file because you'll see all the fudging i do in my files x.x
    Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 03-25-2013, 05:47 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shadow_God_10
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    someone give me something to step... I'm very low on steppable tunes atm D:

    Leave a comment:


  • Wayward Vagabond
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    would be cool if piano solo was a smaller size than time out since its more like a subtitle than part of the actual title itself.

    but other than that the set looks sexy as fuck @_@

    Leave a comment:


  • Mollocephalus
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)


    Leave a comment:


  • dascookieman
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by hi19hi19
    how long do i have to submit for this

    sounds like it is getting full...
    long. i will warn well in advance when i feel like we should start wrapping up

    Leave a comment:


  • icontrolyourworld
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    I'm glad you like my file x)
    I use ddream to step, so if you could convert the measures to seconds really quick i'll have a better look at your notes :P
    edit: i'm dumb i can do that myself haha brb

    Leave a comment:

Working...