ODIPack3 submissions (Release when graphics are done)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • stargroup100
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Victorique
    It was originally meant for Xoon 6, but when they merged it went to this pack

    I don't think what he says is bad I just think that I have a different vision on how to step a file than him (not better, not worse), what I don't really like (don't mind the added flaming) is that he's forcing ppl to step his way, wanting me to change my way of stepping. I can stand criticism when something's really wrong in the file, unfortunately I don't have a way to prove it now but I did countless times before, and I'm very critical of my own files (I would change so much things of my old files), but I don't really see anything wrong with the file
    reviewing charts is not an easy task to do on a large scale and still be fair while maintaining standards

    glove isn't perfect and I'm sure he'll admit it himself. explain your arguments and interpretation respectfully and I'm sure he'll see what you see if it's justifiable

    EDIT: ok yeah fission beat me to it what he said too

    Leave a comment:


  • FissionMailed1
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Victorique
    It was originally meant for Xoon 6, but when they merged it went to this pack

    I don't think what he says is bad I just think that I have a different vision on how to step a file than him (not better, not worse), what I don't really like (don't mind the added flaming) is that he's forcing ppl to step his way, wanting me to change my way of stepping. I can stand criticism when something's really wrong in the file, unfortunately I don't have a way to prove it now but I did countless times before, and I'm very critical of my own files (I would change so much things of my old files), but I don't really see anything wrong with the file
    All you had to do was give GLoVE a civilized response with your reasoning as to why you stepped different things the way you did. Attacking him like you did was really unnecessary. I'm sure he would be more than reasonable about looking at your file again if you defended it, like you did, without all of the flaming.

    Leave a comment:


  • moches
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by dascookieman
    existens
    awesome swing fun to play. it's on the verge of being too easy but it's fun and there are no other swing files like this in the pack yet. there are many inconsistencies in the layering though and it could be made more fun and challenging at the same time if properly layered imo

    measure 1, the freeze sound is playing 3 notes and i don't think the last drum note(s) is/are correct either <- weird, I went over this part like 12309321901 times and I still don't hear any inaccuracies...

    measure 11&15 the sound the minifreeze is going to is obviously playing 3 24ths? i don't think the sound has to be represented by freezes either. <- fixed both issues.

    measure 10-17 i don't like the layering in this entire part. the gallops are to the keyboard right? and the 8ths to the hi-hat? the keyboard plays on many 8ths, so they should be jumps. several times the basskicks, the keyboard and the melody hits at the same time and there should be some hands. some 8th jumps only have the basskick so they should be singles. you should remake this entire part, just step the keyboard only first as it the subtle sound but it's important and supercool. then just add arrows on all 8ths to the hi-hat, add arrows on all 4ths to the basskick and then add the main melody, i think it would be really fun

    <- this entire part was essentially keysounded lol (for that matter, basically the entire file). the jumps aren't jumps because two sounds come together but because they're notes I felt should be emphasized (hence why the layering switches from jumps on the kick to jumps on the brass)

    this sounds like an interesting idea, though. tbh I've never really straightlayered much, but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes

    measure 18-25 i think this part has a lot of the same problem, some 4th only have the basskicks and should be singles and some 8ths has the keyboard and should be jumps. <- same note

    measure 27 the 16th, the keyboard is playing the same note as the 8th jump right before so it should be a minijack <-fixed

    measure 28&32 missing keyboard swing <- fixed

    measure 30-33 the layering again <- addressed this above

    measure 31 missing keyboard 16th minijack again <- fixed

    measure 34-36 add the string instrument or whatev it is here to as you do in the end of measure 36, it'll become cool 16ths over the green arrow gallops for a short bit. <- tbh this just felt awkward when I did it...I'd rather leave it as is.

    measure 37 the strings are playing two notes at a time here <-are they? I'll check for that.

    won't keep going but give the file a bit an overhaul and this can surely be accepted
    I'm stuck in midterm hell for the time being, but I wanted to address your review so you weren't left hanging. I think I'll take the time to fix it up, I really like the song

    got one more file for this and then it's adios for me. btw did you ever get to playing the revisions for Destination and Bright Sound?

    Leave a comment:


  • Victorique
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Nick Skyline
    ...That's all I've got. This kind of criticism was why I scrapped Underwater Pokémon Show (see earlier in this thread).

    And by submitting Wind of Gold into this pack for submission, it's obvious you care about it to an extent.

    p.s. gigasweden 4 life

    EDIT:
    It was originally meant for Xoon 6, but when they merged it went to this pack

    I don't think what he says is bad I just think that I have a different vision on how to step a file than him (not better, not worse), what I don't really like (don't mind the added flaming) is that he's forcing ppl to step his way, wanting me to change my way of stepping. I can stand criticism when something's really wrong in the file, unfortunately I don't have a way to prove it now but I did countless times before, and I'm very critical of my own files (I would change so much things of my old files), but I don't really see anything wrong with the file
    Last edited by Victorique; 04-5-2013, 08:52 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick Skyline
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Victorique, in response to GLoVE's review of Wind of Gold
    all the 24th trills are 32nds. <-- They're toned down on purpose cause 32nds are gay, I don't really care about that kind of precision, not that you're really going to complain when you play it if they're toned down

    measure 9-20 the 8ths go to nothing. remove them and put new ones going to that hi-hat, it will be cool. <-- You're retarded and those 8ths go to the bass, get new headphones, or get ones if you don't have

    measure 20-23 a few of the single notes aren't there <-- I didn't step them on purpose to make a stop, you know there isn't really necessary to step them, in fact i layered mines instead.

    measure 57-end <---- You're retarded and you don't make sense, there's nothing wrong with it.

    It's ironic how you complain about missing 16ths while you can't hear the most obvious 8ths

    And it's The Wind of Gold not WINE at least spell properly the song name.

    Peace

    PD: Btw I'm not really mad, and I don't really care about the pack in the first place.
    Originally posted by dascookieman
    i'm retarded.
    ...That's all I've got. This kind of criticism was why I scrapped Underwater Pokémon Show.
    Originally posted by dascookieman
    Opening underwater pokemon show

    it completly lacks any kind of flow and it's really hard to follow. don't have time for it in the editor as it would take me forever. some parts are cool, some are a lot more challenging than other, unforunately most of it is challening in a not so fun way with so much different types of color notes all the time that aren't even fast, it gets a bit tedious to play towards the end to be honest. nice try but this one needs some major revision to have a chance, but i wouldn't completly rule it out
    And by submitting Wind of Gold into this pack for submission, it's obvious you care about it to an extent.

    p.s. gigasweden 4 life

    EDIT:
    Originally posted by Proverb
    If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
    Last edited by Nick Skyline; 04-5-2013, 08:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roar176
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Victorique
    I wasn't even going to do this, in fact i haven't opened my editor in months, but I got bored and started reading the thread so yeah, don't mind me. I went through the file again cause I was bored. I'll go specifically to the parts of the file I stepped.

    all the 24th trills are 32nds. <-- They're toned down on purpose cause 32nds are gay, I don't really care about that kind of precision, not that you're really going to complain when you play it if they're toned down

    measure 9-20 the 8ths go to nothing. remove them and put new ones going to that hi-hat, it will be cool. <-- You're retarded and those 8ths go to the bass, get new headphones, or get ones if you don't have

    measure 20-23 a few of the single notes aren't there <-- I didn't step them on purpose to make a stop, you know there isn't really necessary to step them, in fact i layered mines instead.

    measure 57-end <---- You're retarded and you don't make sense, there's nothing wrong with it.

    It's ironic how you complain about missing 16ths while you can't hear the most obvious 8ths

    And it's The Wind of Gold not WINE at least spell properly the song name.

    Peace

    PD: Btw I'm not really mad, and I don't really care about the pack in the first place.
    jAjAjA

    Leave a comment:


  • AlexDest
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Victorique
    PD: Btw I'm not really mad, and I don't really care about the pack in the first place.
    Originally posted by Victorique
    measure 9-20 the 8ths go to nothing. remove them and put new ones going to that hi-hat, it will be cool. <-- You're retarded and those 8ths go to the bass, get new headphones, or get ones if you don't have

    measure 57-end <---- You're retarded and you don't make sense, there's nothing wrong
    you're right, you're definitely not mad

    very diplomatic of you

    yep

    Leave a comment:


  • Victorique
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by dascookieman
    wine of gold
    this file could possibly end up being accepted as it has a lot of potential, but i don't like how parts of it are made. they could be made so much more fun.


    all the 24th trills are 32nds.
    measure 9-20 the 8ths go to nothing. remove them and put new ones going to that hi-hat, it will be cool.
    measure 20-23 a few of the single notes aren't there
    measure 33-53 has 16ths missing and a few 16ths are wrong. it also bothers me that there are no extra arrows added when the melody hits at the same time as the percussion stepped. you should make all the 4th jumps single notes to begin with and make the 4ths and 8ths jumps when the melody is playing at the same time. then add one more arrow going to the percussion like you have from measure 41. right before measure 53 a bunch of drum stuff is obviously wrong
    measure 57-end this part has potential because the melody does a couple of cool things and the small drum bursts are cool. but i think it needs to be remade completly because it isn't well layered at all. find all the melody notes first, then just add notes on all 4ths and 8ths to the bassdrum and hi-hat and then add the drum bursts as well. the way it is right now it's the same pattern and flow over and over even though there are very clear different things going on in the song, it's not nearly as much fun as it should be. if this part is properly layered it will automatically become a lot more interesting and challenging, and it will provide a bit of a climax towards the end of the file which is always cool.
    I wasn't even going to do this, in fact i haven't opened my editor in months, but I got bored and started reading the thread so yeah, don't mind me. I went through the file again cause I was bored. I'll go specifically to the parts of the file I stepped.

    all the 24th trills are 32nds. <-- They're toned down on purpose cause 32nds are gay, I don't really care about that kind of precision, not that you're really going to complain when you play it if they're toned down

    measure 9-20 the 8ths go to nothing. remove them and put new ones going to that hi-hat, it will be cool. <-- You're retarded and those 8ths go to the bass, get new headphones, or get ones if you don't have

    measure 20-23 a few of the single notes aren't there <-- I didn't step them on purpose to make a stop (song itself hints a stop due to the lack of snare in that measure), you know there isn't really necessary to step them, in fact i layered mines instead.

    measure 57-end <---- You're retarded and you don't make sense, there's nothing wrong with it. (You may have a different idea than me on how to deal with this part)

    It's ironic how you complain about missing 16ths while you can't hear the most obvious 8ths

    And it's The Wind of Gold not WINE at least spell properly the song name.

    Peace

    PD: Btw I'm not really mad, and I don't really care about the pack in the first place.
    Last edited by Victorique; 04-5-2013, 09:17 PM. Reason: yes you are mad (bmah) <---- nope :) I just wanted to see what he will answer

    Leave a comment:


  • Charu
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Mollocephalus

    Love the font you used as it fits, but I don't think the song itself fits with dark gritty graphics you got going. Still looks mega cool though!

    If you do revise it though, pleeeeeease don't change the font. I love love love the font you chose for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shadow_God_10
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Nick Skyline
    Yeah, that was you. But I don't have the file anymore
    tbh I just kinda threw it together without paying much attention. This time around I'm paying attention to it.

    UPDATE: 30 seconds into The Grey Tide \m/, I scrapped Determination because I honestly can't be bothered with it. aaannnd Gravestoned is almost done.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nick Skyline
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
    DOUBLE EDIT (rofl): I'm ALSO stepping "The Last Battle" by Xi (can't remember if I stepped that I'm pretty sure I made the edit chart but meh)...It'll be like St.Scarhand on steroids
    Yeah, that was you. But I don't have the file anymore

    Leave a comment:


  • stargroup
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    hi19 you never told me if you liked the revisions I made to your chart :[

    Leave a comment:


  • Shadow_God_10
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    I have 3 more songs in my WIP LOL at this rate The Grey Tide won't be done until like 2016

    Leave a comment:


  • Roar176
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    wac suk

    he makes songs
    then slightly change it in the OST version lOl
    I stepped the game version and changed the mp3 with the OST version
    that's why u saw a few errors gg

    I sent a revision
    reworked the jump jacks so it doesn't overload a hand
    tried a different approach to the 48th trills at the end (n0 trillz noW)

    however I left the left hand jacks because ... it's either left or right hand
    and I did that on purpose basically xd
    would feel odd to change it halfway

    inb4 purple
    inb4 red

    Leave a comment:


  • Arntonach
    replied
    Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

    V3 is fast paced techno and Red Nikita has a jazzy spy feel to it. Both of those sets seem like they would go well with prog rock instead.

    Here, I have a set of V3 gfx from a while ago.


    Leave a comment:

Working...