FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups Closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gamer_4_life27
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Thanks Tass. So if I were to improve my score, and the other person didn't, I would move on.

    And I can handle waiting a while for the first few rounds. Last time I think I got caught with a cheat because I remember playing a song that was assigned to me, and I beat the person's best score by a lot, and he topped my score by almost AAA'ing it or something crazy like that. But as long as I don't encounter one of those, and I play to my full potential, I think I'll do fine and make it to the final slot.

    Good luck everyone. See you in the Tiers!

    Leave a comment:


  • Tasselfoot
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    to answer the improve main round vs tie breaker question... main round takes precedence. you should always try to improve your main score first. the tie breaker is exactly that, a tie breaker. if 1 person improves their main score, then the 2 people are no longer tied.

    and it likely will just be sprite doing the scores.... which, yes, will take a bit of time for the first round or two, with thousands of people submitting. but by week 3 or 4, it will be much faster. you'll deal with it, i'm sure.

    it is starting the week of june 9th, as stated in the news post. we don't have an exact date, because we have to take the time to put everyone into their proper division.




    Zab: the D1 difficulty 10 song will be the 10th and final song... only 2 people will be left in the division at that point. and, i honestly don't know if either will FC it. but I suspect at least 1 will.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZaBasDa
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by gamer_4_life27
    ZaBasDa, you play NeoPets too!?!?!? lol.
    Is that a crime? Actually I kind of stopped playing once I made my mil.

    But is it expected that to do well in D1 we have to be able to FC the difficulty 10 song?

    Leave a comment:


  • s0ulst0n3
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Thanks for confirming that Devonin. ^^

    Yay, Haku is in! Can't wait to face him. =3

    Leave a comment:


  • gamer_4_life27
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Two more things.

    One, is there only going to be one person working on the scores this time around? Because I remember last time, it was a big problem that took forever when only one person was handling the scores.

    Two, when is it starting? I might have missed the start date.

    Leave a comment:


  • gamer_4_life27
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by devonin
    I mean, you -could- do it such that whatever score is on both sides of the line being the elimination score so if you can get your score above that, you aren't eliminated anymore, -and- if you "win" the tiebreaker you aren't eliminated either, and since any unsubmitted score is -infinity, if I improve my main score and you do the tiebreaker, we both advance.
    If that happens, then the tournament should be a double elimination. Where If you get knocked out, you go to the 2nd tier and play there. So if someone improves there score on the main song, and the other person played the Tie Breaker song, then the person who played the Tie breaker song would advance, and the person who improved there score would go to the 2nd Tier. Because if you don't play the Tie Breaker song, wouldn't your score be -infinity, and you would lose the Tie Breaker?

    Leave a comment:


  • devonin
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    I mean, you -could- do it such that whatever score is on both sides of the line being the elimination score so if you can get your score above that, you aren't eliminated anymore, -and- if you "win" the tiebreaker you aren't eliminated either, and since any unsubmitted score is -infinity, if I improve my main score and you do the tiebreaker, we both advance.

    Leave a comment:


  • gamer_4_life27
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by devonin
    I was rather confused about the fact that in the event of a tie, you apparantly have the option to both improve your score on the main song -and- play the tiebreaker song. I'd like to see it simply be the tiebreaker song.
    Same here. I think this might confuse some people because I might try to improve my score on the main song instead of playing the Tie Breaker song. I don't know, I just think having this new option might create some problems in the future.

    Leave a comment:


  • devonin
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    5 is the highest division, and will probably be composed of everyone who registers who is in Tier 0 through 2 and possibly into the top end of 3 in the Tier Point System. Before people ask, if you don't know what the Tier Point system is, you aren't in a Tier.

    Leave a comment:


  • xXDeltaXx
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    its my 1st tourney too..BTW, wuts the highest division 1 or 5? i read the 1st post and i didnt see anything about it

    Leave a comment:


  • devonin
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Maybe it's outdated, because didn't the avatar uploader used to only allow 200x200px for the max dimensions and changed to 300x300 sometime around when the new FFR layout came out?
    The filesize allowed to be uploaded is a function of the VBZ forum system. The FFR Forum rules supercede what is allowed by the VBZ system. 200x175 is the maximum size of avatars.

    Verify.
    Every main round song in all divisions will be new to the game as they become rounds in the tourney.

    This may have been posted, but I read through the first post and saw nothing about it, I may have missed it. If someone has a history of bsing, will they be placed in tournament, or restricted from joining?
    I am going to advocate that individuals who register who in the opinion of Sprite- and the Administration are too much of a risk for cheating be contacted in private by admins and informed why they won't be allowed to compete. Of course since the first thing most of them will do is publically make a thread complaining about it, chances are good that most such people will probably also be banned.

    Say two people tie for a song, and they get the extra 24 hours to play the tie breaker song or improve there score on the main song. Well, say one person plays the tie breaker song, and the other person improves there score on the main song and doesn't play the tie breaker song. What happens then?
    I was rather confused about the fact that in the event of a tie, you apparantly have the option to both improve your score on the main song -and- play the tiebreaker song. I'd like to see it simply be the tiebreaker song.

    Leave a comment:


  • gamer_4_life27
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    ZaBasDa, you play NeoPets too!?!?!? lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZaBasDa
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Whee, my first tournament. I'm totally going to die, even in beginner. ><

    Leave a comment:


  • gamer_4_life27
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    Originally posted by Izzy
    Tass didn't say how many songs though. Id like Tass to confirm that there are going to be around 50.
    It's in the news that there is going to be ten rounds, 5 divisions, one new song per division per round. So that would equal 50 new songs for the tournament.

    Leave a comment:


  • gamer_4_life27
    replied
    Re: FFR 4th Official Tournament! - Signups NOW until June 8th @ 11:59pm EST

    I have a question. Say two people tie for a song, and they get the extra 24 hours to play the tie breaker song or improve there score on the main song. Well, say one person plays the tie breaker song, and the other person improves there score on the main song and doesn't play the tie breaker song. What happens then?

    Hope to see you all at the final bracket.

    Leave a comment:

Working...