400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NFD
    FFR Player
    • Nov 2007
    • 4715

    #91
    Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

    you should do colors that are actually next to each other on a finished cube, so it doesn't look dumb

    Comment

    • darkshark
      Nothing.
      • Nov 2004
      • 4189

      #92
      Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

      Originally posted by MrRubix
      Wow that is an amazing avatar, holy poop.

      But how the hell can I use that on the forums?

      Also what did you use to make that?



      EDIT: Got Lightdarkness to manually set the avatar for me. Sending credits. Thanks for the avatar, DS!
      Thank you ma'am. I used 3ds Max 7, I actually already had the cube made beforehand from other projects I've done in the past, so I just had to move all the pivot points and animate it. Took about an hour to setup, half hour for test renders, then the final render took like, 1h 45m or so, then I import the AVI into Jasc Animation Shop 3 and do some tweaking there, then create the gif.

      Ps @ Smitty - Yeah it's hard to optimize anything for IE, but IE users are a dying breed so I don't give a crap, FF wins.

      I'm not gonna do a profile banner/bg, so that's up to you guys.

      Comment

      • Ghakimx
        Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
        • Mar 2009
        • 1594

        #93
        Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

        Its a cool job, Myth, but the lighting upon the words is really poor.

        I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.


        Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.

        Comment

        • Mollocephalus
          Custom User Title
          • Jul 2009
          • 2608

          #94
          Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

          i lost the will to make anything after darkshark's cube

          Comment

          • Mythix
            FFR Veteran
            • Oct 2006
            • 1045

            #95
            Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

            Originally posted by Ghakimx
            Its a cool job, Myth, but the lighting upon the words is really poor.
            I don't think I have any lighting set up on it, it just sort of comes in the way for one of my spec only lights for the cubes~ Anyways it does look stupid though I'm just not about to finish the text yet xD


            Also I might photoshop it if you want me to copy other peoples work and create some randomness with all of them cut together and colorized instead, like the standard ffr profile banners xD


            I'd use HDRI lighting but I can't get it to work, subconsequently retarded I feel >.<

            Comment

            • Mythix
              FFR Veteran
              • Oct 2006
              • 1045

              #96
              Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

              Ok done with basic shapes, time to pimp it


              Last edited by Mythix; 11-15-2009, 06:47 AM.

              Comment

              • Mythix
                FFR Veteran
                • Oct 2006
                • 1045

                #97
                Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

                Mrrubix I need your help with something, which of these fonts do you prefer:




                Comment

                • WTFBrandon
                  Shout out to Hades
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 1387

                  #98
                  Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

                  Originally posted by Mythix
                  Mrrubix I need your help with something, which of these fonts do you prefer:




                  You really want those credits huh?
                  I'm a bad bad Boy.

                  Comment

                  • Mythix
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Oct 2006
                    • 1045

                    #99
                    Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

                    Originally posted by WTFBrandon
                    You really want those credits huh?
                    Oh well they'll come in handy, but given the encouragement I am putting a little extra effort in this, and it's good exercise for study.

                    Comment

                    • Ghakimx
                      Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 1594

                      #100
                      Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

                      The first and third one seem pretty solid.

                      I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.


                      Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.

                      Comment

                      • spreadNv
                        FFR Player
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 57

                        #101
                        Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

                        Took a stab at it for fun...

                        Comment

                        • Plan_Bsk81127
                          snooches
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Aug 2007
                          • 6420

                          #102
                          Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

                          Originally posted by PhaeL v2


                          Felt like posting something for this. And, yeah, I'll try other things.
                          Originally posted by Kekeb
                          my attempt at a banner



                          or maybe with a not-so-prominent rhythm game reference (arrows)
                          I like these.

                          Comment

                          • bender5
                            The 40% Iron Chef
                            • Jan 2005
                            • 4894

                            #103
                            Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

                            Originally posted by Plan_Bsk81127
                            I like these.
                            Me too they're the best IMO.

                            Mythix's look kind of awful

                            Comment

                            • Mythix
                              FFR Veteran
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 1045

                              #104
                              Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

                              Originally posted by spreadNv
                              Took a stab at it for fun...

                              Good luck solving that cube *looks at red flats*

                              Comment

                              • spreadNv
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2009
                                • 57

                                #105
                                Re: 400k for a new avatar that owns, let's go

                                Originally posted by Mythix
                                Good luck solving that cube *looks at red flats*
                                xD

                                Comment

                                Working...