The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • QreepyBORIS
    FFR Player
    • Feb 2003
    • 7454

    #46
    RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

    Anti: The forums now are so liberal that stepping it up as much as I suggested would make it centralist, not authoritarian. And you surely must concede that there are doznes of people here that need their shit together. A brief semi-authoritarian rule would put everyone in line, so we could go centralist or even liberal again fairly quickly. There is no need for true extremes here, just we need some sort of change, and we need it fast.

    Signature subject to change.

    THE ZERRRRRG.

    Comment

    • lightdarkness
      Summer!!
      • Jul 2003
      • 11310

      #47
      RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

      Word to dat Jursey.

      The chat definatly has some problems, but we didn't code it, and we don't have anyone able to code those features in (Soccr could learn, but is working on R2.).

      Hopefully, we can get some kinda of update on the status of the next version, and kinda of push him along. But remember, the creator is generous enough to let us use his software, cause Synth does him some favors sometimes, just be pacient, we have mods in there quite a lot, and most of the time, it is bearable.

      Comment

      • flypie743
        FFR Player
        • Jun 2004
        • 3210

        #48
        Re: RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

        Originally posted by Kilgamayan
        I was warned once. Oh no. I can still fuck around three more times before I actually have to watch myself.

        If two warnings = ban, then I better get my shit together now that I have one, now shouldn't I?

        And why bother being fair to me? I didn't want to play by the rules and be fair, there's no reason for the staff to be fair back.
        Quoted because he's right.

        IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

        Comment

        • Squeek
          let it snow~
          • Jan 2004
          • 14444

          #49
          RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

          Wow. 4 pages in a new thread already.

          Squeek's simple "how to fixxit" guide.

          1. Choose ore Moderators that would know what they are doing AND are frequent visitors.
          2. Delete of the Garbage Bin.
          3. Taking down the Chat.
          4. Officially re-instate the IRC chat
          5. Make the rules and the current issues with the game / forum MUCH more accesible. I know an announcement SHOULD be a huge clue to people that it is important to read, but some (most) new people here are really stupid and cannot read.
          6. Teach LD English (seriously now. "Pacient"? Where did you come up with that?)

          ~Squeek

          Comment

          • lightdarkness
            Summer!!
            • Jul 2003
            • 11310

            #50
            RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

            I know, I suck at English, I try!

            Comment

            • hydrojakep
              FFR Player
              • Nov 2003
              • 2294

              #51
              RE: Re: RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

              How about a banned list? That way we know who's banned, and why.
              You could make it public, but without IPS.
              Just so we know.

              EDIT

              1337 POSTS



              FUCKING YES



              Comment

              • flypie743
                FFR Player
                • Jun 2004
                • 3210

                #52
                RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

                6. Teach LD English (seriously now. "Pacient"? Where did you come up with that?)
                Quoted for emphasis :P

                IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                Comment

                • JurseyRider734
                  lil j the bad b-word
                  • Aug 2003
                  • 7507

                  #53
                  Re: RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

                  Originally posted by MrESqueek
                  Wow. 4 pages in a new thread already.

                  Squeek's simple "how to fixxit" guide.

                  1. Choose ore Moderators that would know what they are doing AND are frequent visitors.
                  2. Delete of the Garbage Bin.
                  3. Taking down the Chat.
                  4. Officially re-instate the IRC chat
                  5. Make the rules and the current issues with the game / forum MUCH more accesible. I know an announcement SHOULD be a huge clue to people that it is important to read, but some (most) new people here are really stupid and cannot read.
                  6. Teach LD English (seriously now. "Pacient"? Where did you come up with that?)

                  ~Squeek

                  You guys act like you always go to the chat, and know how everyone feels about it. I for one feel very strongly about the chat, it was the first place I went over a year ago and I am very attached to it. I would get extremely angry and bomb all you anti-chat peoples' houses if it was taken down. (Not really, but I would be really mad) You guys think that just because it has problems that it should be taken down and shoved to a lame IRC place. I'm sick of you all thinking that IRC is better. YOU DON'T KNOW. If I never came to the forums and read you all saying this and said 'DOWN WITH THE FORUMS IT SUCKS SO LETS LIKE PUT IT TO SOME PLACE THATS MORE BORING AND HARDER TO ACCESS', you would all get angry.


                  DO NOT SAY THAT IT SHOULD BE TAKEN DOWN AND MOVED TO IRC. NONE OF YOU GO THERE, SO WHY DO YOU CARE AND HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT IT. CHAT GOERS SUCH AS MYSELF SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION ON THE CHAT, NOT YOU FORUM PEOPLE.

                  Fortunately I am a chat and forum person, so I can actually kind of see what's going on, but seriously, if that Chat goes, I will hunt you down.
                  Originally posted by Arch0wl
                  I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                  the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                  Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                  Comment

                  • Squeek
                    let it snow~
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 14444

                    #54
                    RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

                    Jursey - The chat sucks. It doesn't matter if you're a mod there. It sucks. There's no automation, there's no order, there's nothing. It's crap. On IRC we can get a bot-op to autokick morons. On IRC we can BAN people. The only thing we can't do over IRC is the webcam/microphone conversations. Darn. That's kinda why we have aim or msn or icq or yahoo or one of the other dozen or so chat applications.

                    I used to go to the chat, but then I figured out that it sucked. I couldn't ever have a good conversation there with anybody and all the cool people here avoid it. I only ended up getting in arguments with MORONS over trivial matters. And I got asked "asl" every 2 minutes.

                    Oh, just as a PS (useless to edit since it updates so unbelievably fast)

                    http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...wtopic&t=17364

                    Ok, so instead of removing the Garbage Bin, I change that to "MAKE IT KNOWN WHAT IT IS FOR". That is to say, make it known that it is a place for useless threads above a certain level. That level being completely irrelevant. Read my thread for an explanation.

                    ~Squeek

                    Comment

                    • vashthestampede0987
                      FFR Player
                      • Jan 2004
                      • 2997

                      #55
                      RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

                      Hey Hey all its Vash...Haven't been on this website in probably over..........I'd say about 4 months give er take, but I haven't posted in about a year. This site how ever is getting more postwhoric by the minute and our damn chat has like fuckin stalkers and molesters in it...(don't ask) but anyways fuck all you spammers and fuck all you other shit heads that make this site bad...
                      P.S. still havent changed the horrible sig after saying i would millions of times
                      Omega owes me [1] omega favor
                      I am God of Hot Pockets, fear my fillings for they may be hot.


                      Originally posted by Synthlight
                      I hate myself.

                      Cheers,

                      Synthlight
                      xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
                      xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me

                      Comment

                      • flypie743
                        FFR Player
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 3210

                        #56
                        RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

                        I completely agree with the garbage bin. It needs to be a place for joke threads and random things. Not where people postwhore random stuff in random threads. Maybe rename it to get the point across.

                        Jurs, I come in the chat sometimes, and it is apparent that it makes the site look unprofessional with everyone spamming it up. The chat needs a major upgrade or just have an IRC based chat.

                        So now, oh crap, IRC doesn't have webcams so we can flash people. Just use msn.

                        IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.

                        Comment

                        • lightdarkness
                          Summer!!
                          • Jul 2003
                          • 11310

                          #57
                          RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

                          @Chat attackers: Something is now in the works, that will help significantly. Give me a week, and you will see an amazing improvement in the chat, I guarentee it.

                          @Vash: Check your PM's

                          Comment

                          • JurseyRider734
                            lil j the bad b-word
                            • Aug 2003
                            • 7507

                            #58
                            RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

                            Yeah i'm sure you saying 'fuck all you spammers and fuck all you other fuck heads that make this site bad' is really going to make an impact. gg
                            Originally posted by Arch0wl
                            I'd better be considering I own roughly six textbooks on logic and have taken courses involving its extensive use

                            Originally posted by Afrobean
                            Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
                            the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
                            Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.

                            Comment

                            • hydrojakep
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2003
                              • 2294

                              #59
                              RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

                              IRC gave me a virus.



                              Oh, and welcome back vash.



                              Comment

                              • Musical_Master
                                FFR Player
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 1788

                                #60
                                Re: RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

                                Originally posted by vashthestampede0987
                                Hey Hey all its Vash...Haven't been on this website in probably over..........I'd say about 4 months give er take, but I haven't posted in about a year. This site how ever is getting more postwhoric by the minute and our damn chat has like fuckin stalkers and molesters in it...(don't ask) but anyways $*%# all you spammers and $*%# all you other (#$% heads that make this site bad...
                                P.S. still havent changed the horrible sig after saying i would millions of times
                                HEY VASH WORD UP DAWG

                                Posted as example of postwhoric post.

                                Comment

                                Working...