The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lightdarkness
    Summer!!
    • Jul 2003
    • 11310

    #181
    RE: Re: RE: dgjgukstuk

    It seems to me like everyone is just repeating whats been said since page 5.

    Rest ashured, we are taking some actions, and taking your suggestions. Don't expect to see notible differences until next week, remember, we have a very hectic deadline aproaching.

    If you have something else to add, by all means go ahead, but please don't just be like "What s/he said" anymore, we get the point!

    Cheers,

    The staff.

    Comment

    • QreepyBORIS
      FFR Player
      • Feb 2003
      • 7454

      #182
      RE: Re: RE: dgjgukstuk

      I won't rest so assured until someone like Synthlight says something like that himself. Not to say I do not trust LD, but I really want this to be completely sealed.

      Signature subject to change.

      THE ZERRRRRG.

      Comment

      • Cenright
        You thought I was a GUY?!
        • Sep 2003
        • 3139

        #183
        Re: FFR address.

        Originally posted by flypie743
        OK, I arrest my case about Spook and Nestle (supposedly coming back), but 87x and Cen don't do much.
        Although this doesnt mean much anymore, it is still a good thing to put out infront of everyone.

        There are lot of things that are done that dont involve posting. Do you have to post to lock a topic? If someone else finishes the thread purpose, or it is obvious to why, what is the purpose of posting? You say this just because it doesnt say "87x locked this topic" or the like.

        Besides, even if someone goes inactive for a while, they aren't hurting anything. They can always come back, as seen in nestle's case. The admins and mods already earned their stature.
        http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...Cube_in_55.mpg

        Comment

        • HansSky
          FFR Player
          • Oct 2003
          • 1925

          #184
          Re: RE: dgjgukstuk

          Originally posted by chardish
          Originally posted by flypie743
          2. De-mod Spook
          Spook isn't a Forum Mod, he's a Site Admin. Even though he doesn't moderate the forum much at all, he still does a good job of administering the site.

          He's like the police sergeant. He's not on the beat much but he still takes care of business.
          Administrating...not administering...sorry, that just really bothered me.


          I would state my opinion here, being that I just think the forums need a little bit of clean up, no major changes. But for the most part that has been regurgitated throughout this topic, so I'll leave it be.
          hi

          Comment

          • suicidalmuskrat
            FFR Player
            • Oct 2003
            • 739

            #185
            sorry if it's been repeated

            i read 8 pages, didn't see it posted, so sorry if it has been. anyways, to the point.

            I don't post that much, i lurk a lot though...i'm probably reading or just browsing for 2 hours a day, and to be honest, i really don't see why a topic like this has to come up ever month or two...the mods/admins i'm sure are already aware of the problems, and so are the people who have been responding...all it does it create more of a sense of trouble...
            and now to contradict myself:
            i don't think there's anything wrong. a few annoying posts by people who you know to be annoying, just don't heed them...just skip over them, or just don't acknowledge them at all...if they get too out of hand i'm sure something would be done. also, like many others, i find the chat repulsive...so i stopped going about 2 months ago...simple as that...i vote for it being destroyed, but i guess if people enjoy it, meh....i just think qreepy's post was just a little over the top and over-dramatic...things ARE NOT that bad...or if they are it sure doesn't seem bad at all.

            again, sorry if the majority of this was simply restating things.
            I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for your crummy old danish.
            Done, and done.

            Comment

            • Feuergeist
              FFR Player
              • Aug 2003
              • 869

              #186
              RE: The State of the Flash Flash Revolution Address

              The reason arch0wl's site is better by a countless amount is that his site isn't full of morons like this one is.



              Wer noch nie einen Fehler gemacht hat, hat sich noch nie an etwas Neuem versucht.
              Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

              Comment

              • suicidalmuskrat
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2003
                • 739

                #187
                arch's site is probably about 1/10th the size of this one though, correct? so that means for every 1 idiot who passes through arch's, you can expect 10 for FFR...maybe give them 12 or so because FFR actually has a game which probably attracts more noobs than arch's site attracts with it's simfile's etc...
                also, the only possible reason i could think of arch's site being better is because it's illegal...
                I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for your crummy old danish.
                Done, and done.

                Comment

                • Wayfaerer_
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 144

                  #188
                  I have seen way worse forums than this, so this is okay to me.

                  How is arch's site illegal though?

                  Comment

                  • suicidalmuskrat
                    FFR Player
                    • Oct 2003
                    • 739

                    #189
                    basically porn and other graphic images/videos supplied to people who aren't of age...people as young as 13, with the only disclaimer being "you must be mature enough"...i know it's easy enough for kids to access porn anyways, but that doesn't make it any less illegal.
                    I'll trade you this delicious doorstop for your crummy old danish.
                    Done, and done.

                    Comment

                    • lightdarkness
                      Summer!!
                      • Jul 2003
                      • 11310

                      #190
                      We aren't talking about arch's site here, this is regarding FFR.

                      Does anyone have anything else to add besides a restatement?

                      Comment

                      • QreepyBORIS
                        FFR Player
                        • Feb 2003
                        • 7454

                        #191
                        Nothing else is really needed.

                        Onse again (restatement, heh), I would like to get Synthlight involved in this visibly himself. I want to see his views and opinions, not just his delegate.

                        Signature subject to change.

                        THE ZERRRRRG.

                        Comment

                        • emccky
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2004
                          • 4811

                          #192
                          There needs to be more harsh consequences for bad behavior. I know this sounds childish, but it will change the ways of FFR Members if they KNOW they will get in trouble for doing something. I'm sorry, but seeing a topic locked or even a PM from a staff member just isn't enough.

                          Comment

                          • Snapps
                            NO DOUBT GET LOUD
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2003
                            • 5650

                            #193
                            I mean come on, if it was as it should be, the Moogy before would have been banned over ten times.

                            We need some changes.

                            Comment

                            • Afrobean
                              Admiral in the Red Army
                              • Dec 2003
                              • 13262

                              #194
                              chinpokowa okii desu.

                              It has always been my opinion that spammers and idiots should be punished. I don't really go in the chat much, so I don't really care about that, but the people who double post without even thinking one thing about it really bother me. Oh yea, and the people who seem to just randomly hit keys without trying to create a coherent sentence.

                              Also, I've noticed that the FFR forums have really gone to crap since I've been gone. My best guess is that retards are drawn to the forums becuase R2 is coming out so soon.

                              Or maybe it is because I was gone...

                              Comment

                              • aleco
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2003
                                • 1054

                                #195
                                What are you trying to prove by your title? That we aren't observant?
                                I still exist...

                                Comment

                                Working...