TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Funnygurl555
    T-Force's Rival
    • Dec 2010
    • 1865

    #961
    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

    Originally posted by Syhto

    although I did count how many times celirra said the letter z not including xiz's name

    Cel Z COUNT: 96

    hope that helps someone
    oh my god lmfao
    Originally posted by MixMasterLar
    is funny eaman?
    Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
    Originally posted by the sun fan
    GET DUNKED FUNNY
    (eaman is her name irl, friend)

    Comment

    • Funnygurl555
      T-Force's Rival
      • Dec 2010
      • 1865

      #962
      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

      syhto's my favorite player this game
      Originally posted by MixMasterLar
      is funny eaman?
      Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
      Originally posted by the sun fan
      GET DUNKED FUNNY
      (eaman is her name irl, friend)

      Comment

      • Precarious
        Unacceptable
        • Mar 2014
        • 208

        #963
        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

        Originally posted by Xiz
        im not a fan of the precarious list
        Of course you're not, I have you listed as wolfy. But I'd actually agree it's a bit mushy--this game kind of sucks right now, since everyone is sort of blending together.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #964
          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

          Save me fg who the wolves
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • Xiz
            TWG Chaos
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2012
            • 3399

            #965
            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

            Originally posted by who_cares973
            Are we assmelding because that reads list is loads better than the one he made when he was a wolf in the last twg game we played. That doesn't mean much but fit looks like he actually put effort into it
            his reads on myself which seems weak, his read on blind which im asking for clarification, the sytho read seems like a prep vote if sytho ends up being a misslynch because it's one of those town but not town reads. Rest feel kinda sheepy i guess.

            I do like the cel read though, because it's wrong, since prec wasn't in the past turbo where cel rolled wolf so his logic checks out there.

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #966
              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

              Originally posted by Precarious
              Cel--Moderate town lean. It's not that it's impossible to fake this sort of game, but there's always going to be an element of deception to a wolf game--that can manifest itself in trying to toe the line too neutrally, or in being super aggressive and hiding in plain sight, or in seeming helpful while really not saying much at all. Or a million other things. Celirra has been engaged and has provided a thought structure to their game, yet has also been sort of sarcastic without being belligerent. I feel like this is a hard line to walk as scum.
              "trying to toe the line too neutrally" intrigues me, because that's the keel he was on in the turbo - he fence-sat so hard he probably has butt marks even now. you seem kinda high on him for like, the exact thing i just saw work for him as a wolf, though you probably didn't read that game. although as i've mentioned, he's had suspicions on people earlier this time and actually voted and stuff, which is what has been allaying those fears of a repeat

              Originally posted by Precarious
              Xiz--Null, to slight wolf lean. So, in the last TWG, Xiz and I were both wolves. His game feels a little bit different here, which is a good sign I guess, but...he's doing a lot of the same things. And I suppose that could just be Xiz's style, and I definitely have a weakness where I associate non-game play with wolfiness, but...when people aren't doing game related things, and also aren't pressuring other people to talk, but are posting--it's dead space. It creates the impression of activity, and by avoiding game talk, it's harder to self-implicate. The thing is, Xiz's tone is a little different than last game, and I don't know if that's relevant.
              what do you think is different tonally?

              Originally posted by Precarious
              TPS--Null. Obviously the post volume has been low, but what's there has been game-relevant and thoughtful, but not necessarily directly challenging. Sound like anyone you know? In any case, #463 definitely points to prior mafia/werewolf experience, and his posts include legitimate observations. I just feel like there should be more actual engagement given the...familiarity of his style. The fact that I'm not town-reading this slot gives me a bad feeling given TPS's tone, but I feel like a lot of that is due to the limited content, and I want to see more here.
              underlined: sound like anyone you know? :^)
              but yeah tps has played quite a bit, but less in the era of no-open-comms games, so you can factor that into your read. i have stated detail issues with the posts he did make but it's not like they're getting resolved in his absence anyway

              Comment

              • Xiz
                TWG Chaos
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2012
                • 3399

                #967
                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                Originally posted by Precarious
                Blind's spot has been inactive, obviously--not a lot of posts, and not a lot of content in those posts. That was actually a legitimate observation though--the wolf team can use their own roles to at least estimate how many town power roles there might be. You know, this:



                I like theorycraft a lot more than most, although most of isn't really applicable yet, given that there's no way to know what sort of gamestate we have. One of the few things we can do at this stage is recognize that the wolves have a slight information advantage, using themselves to extrapolate on the gamestate. It's not that useful to the wolves, much less the town, but that recognition was interesting to me because it showed a kind of engagement that was otherwise absent from blind's posts. Whether that's because he's a wolf who would have had reason to think that way, or just because it was "analysis" that could be done absent following the thread, is sort of what I was getting at. I actually tend to believe it's the latter.
                oh okay gotcha. nevermind i like this read.

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #968
                  Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                  i got a DB error when i tried to find who made a post about sunfan naming 2 partners as if it wasn't a guaranteed 3-wolf game, but i'm tempted to award that person a derp clear

                  Comment

                  • Celirra
                    FFR Player
                    • Apr 2015
                    • 749

                    #969
                    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                    so like, i feel like I'm in a similar situation that I was when I played with manti those times, where I'm wolf read just for like... well, my tone and general style
                    that's with shyto and not sunfan but it's upsetting
                    and i think the actual upsetting thing is that if you guys do actually lynch me I'm gonna be totally ignored and forgotten again


                    so uh
                    long story short fuck off ya
                    hows this for tone
                    ,,
                     ,_, -ー'"{
                     ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                     ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                    彡と} 猫.{つ

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #970
                      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                      Originally posted by Celirra
                      so uh
                      long story short fuck off ya
                      hows this for tone
                      i lol'd

                      Comment

                      • Xiz
                        TWG Chaos
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3399

                        #971
                        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                        hey precarious i wont lynch you this phase if you change your profile picture to a dog wearing human clothing

                        Comment

                        • Funnygurl555
                          T-Force's Rival
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 1865

                          #972
                          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                          Originally posted by DaBackpack
                          there's a lot of self-awareness in her play despite learning the ropes again
                          noted. this makes me have a worse opinion of syhto

                          Originally posted by DaBackpack
                          I know you're half-joking but qualitative measures are extremely useful in the social sciences

                          which is a better analogy to TWG than the natural sciences
                          lmfao qualitative data is wonderful y'all check out my thesis

                          .. actually please don't

                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          idk evolution makes sense in the TWG aspect

                          I can't keep college departments straight
                          l m f a o, yeah

                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          fwiw no I don't actually plan on trying shrooms Cel

                          I know I'd enjoy drugs a lot but I get addicted to weak shit like caffeine and video games, drugs would be the death of me, Johnny Cash told me so earlier today

                          but I think I said I wanted to try coke at AN I have a vague memory of that

                          again none of this matters
                          shrooms isn't addictive iirc

                          they're expensive tho not worth getting addicted to man


                          Originally posted by inDheart
                          there's a lil + button next to the Quote button, and you can click that on all the posts you want to quote, then click Quote to toss them all into the reply box for you

                          also thanks for the Z count i'll be sure to compare that to the turbo
                          wait.. WHAT?

                          WHAT??

                          y'all don't have to know how i've been doing this all these years
                          Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                          is funny eaman?
                          Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                          Originally posted by the sun fan
                          GET DUNKED FUNNY
                          (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                          Comment

                          • Syhto
                            BuMP it
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 2466

                            #973
                            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                            zzzzzzzzzz
                            Originally posted by ~jrodd
                            keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                            Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                            I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                            Comment

                            • Funnygurl555
                              T-Force's Rival
                              • Dec 2010
                              • 1865

                              #974
                              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              Save me fg who the wolves
                              idk im not done reading yet D:
                              Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                              is funny eaman?
                              Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                              Originally posted by the sun fan
                              GET DUNKED FUNNY
                              (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                              Comment

                              • Xiz
                                TWG Chaos
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 3399

                                #975
                                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                                cel/prec w/w doesn't exist

                                Comment

                                Working...