TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • who_cares973
    FFR Player
    • Aug 2006
    • 15407

    #916
    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

    Jk I'm the department lead

    Comment

    • Syhto
      BuMP it
      • Mar 2006
      • 2466

      #917
      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

      now you all feel how I do if so
      Originally posted by ~jrodd
      keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
      Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
      I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

      Comment

      • who_cares973
        FFR Player
        • Aug 2006
        • 15407

        #918
        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

        @xiz you and I have different bars for what we consider paranoia

        Comment

        • who_cares973
          FFR Player
          • Aug 2006
          • 15407

          #919
          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

          Originally posted by Syhto
          now you all feel how I do if so
          I wish I could feel the way your about does

          Comment

          • Xiz
            TWG Chaos
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2012
            • 3399

            #920
            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

            Originally posted by who_cares973
            Jk I'm the department lead
            hello im new dog i'm applying for the new position

            Comment

            • inDheart
              Picker @ JAX2
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2011
              • 505

              #921
              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

              Originally posted by the sun fan
              We talked about it earlier, and I know I said it like twice before that, but the way she +1s things without adding much else bothered me but idk anymore.

              The way she came at me and cel gave me a little pause specifically because she said there's probably only one in us
              pickin out sheepy stuff then

              Originally posted by Syhto
              Ya I hated that post too even tho I didnt understand any of it
              this is a response to a shitpost so uh, meh

              Originally posted by Syhto
              I gotta analyze the thread more when I get home

              I'm getting a weird feeling from suntan tho
              Town vibe from wc and gradiant
              Celery and xiz seem kinda like wolf partners maybe at least one of thems
              Then there is prob a wolf between anti-pearl and TPS/blind
              idr you calling this sheepy, it does have a couple echoes from previously given reads though

              also i see what cel meant now by calling my point on Noticing fg a stretch - it really is because i'm probably overvaluing the fact that a read existed instead of what the read actually was. fg seemed to be slipping off the thread mind so it's a way of bringing her back into the conversation, and that's where i got "importance to be right on"

              Originally posted by Syhto
              I like this read on suntan. It is similar to what I was suspecting when I made my short list saying he was giving me a weird feel

              Also he was talking to me about a game where I was a wolf and had supposedly named the full wolf team d1 including myself and we all still won and endgame

              and then he posted that wolfteam including himself lol

              kinda funny
              this post is after you voted but it's along the same +1 lines, sure. i think the scumread on cel looks really consistent in her posts though, + she's talking to you about that second point now i saw

              ok, i see what you're thinking here. if i can poke you again, what did you think of her reactions to pressure earlier when she was posting from work?

              also was the +1ing in that game driving mislynches? or just kinda there for the passing appearance of having thoughts?

              Comment

              • Precarious
                Unacceptable
                • Mar 2014
                • 208

                #922
                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                Sorry for my absence. I've been busy with a real life obligation that came out of nowhere. I'm not sure if I'll be available at EoD or not. I definitely won't be available tomorrow (Saturday), but thankfully that doesn't really matter. My availability on Sunday will likely be limited early on.

                Quick reads:

                FG--Null. Post volume is fine, content is basically nonexistent. Tone isn't the deliberately unhelpful belligerence that a lot of people adopt--it's more friendly I guess, which is consistent with my past perception of Funny. Not a lot to go off of here.

                inD--Slight town lean. Respectable post volume + actual game-related content. Tone is consistent throughout--a touch of humor and aggression, but mostly general game talk. I actually had inD as solid town at first, then convinced myself that the whole thing was almost too even-keel. But I honestly can't find anything that really bothers me.

                Cel--Moderate town lean. It's not that it's impossible to fake this sort of game, but there's always going to be an element of deception to a wolf game--that can manifest itself in trying to toe the line too neutrally, or in being super aggressive and hiding in plain sight, or in seeming helpful while really not saying much at all. Or a million other things. Celirra has been engaged and has provided a thought structure to their game, yet has also been sort of sarcastic without being belligerent. I feel like this is a hard line to walk as scum.

                WC--Null, slight town lean. So last game, I was a wolf, and one of the people I sort of falsely wolf read was WC, because that sort of jokey, flippant, not-super-engaged playstyle is easy to target, and I tend to suspect it in general. WC is doing more of that--to a degree, but it feels like there's more content here than there was early for them last time. The occasional focus on Sun Fan and Cel feels sort of real--like it would be an unnecessary complication if WC was a wolf and was just recreating this playstyle. But the thing about meta is that people are better at recreating it than given credit for, and the more game-focused play here is almost slightly offputting to me. That's a good development game-wise, but it leaves me undecided as to the actual alignment of the slot.

                Gradiant--Moderate town lean. I didn't like how their game started--it felt sort of falsely engaged, but that impression dissipated quickly. For all the discussion that's happened, there hasn't really been much in the way of pointed questions, and I feel like Gradiant has done a good job making posts that cut to the point. The thing is, an experienced player can simulate towniness well enough, but the game so far has felt sort of unfocused, and Gradiant's posts have been probing and relevant.

                Backpack
                --Town lean? The question mark is relevant because DBP's game feels like a departure from what I'm used to from them (not that I have a ton of experience with everyone, but whatever). It's tonally more aggressive than I would expect, and while I like the game-focus and the fact that DBP is pursuing things, it's more authoritative and less congenial than I would expect. The actual content itself is okay, and I wouldn't expect this type of play from a wolf-DBP. But it's weird nevertheless. It's also sort of a change from their very early game.

                Xiz--Null, to slight wolf lean. So, in the last TWG, Xiz and I were both wolves. His game feels a little bit different here, which is a good sign I guess, but...he's doing a lot of the same things. And I suppose that could just be Xiz's style, and I definitely have a weakness where I associate non-game play with wolfiness, but...when people aren't doing game related things, and also aren't pressuring other people to talk, but are posting--it's dead space. It creates the impression of activity, and by avoiding game talk, it's harder to self-implicate. The thing is, Xiz's tone is a little different than last game, and I don't know if that's relevant.

                Freezin (a.k.a Anti-Pearl)--True null. I'm suspicious of this slot, despite there being no content (which I don't blame the slot for) mostly because I don't see anything egregious from the other, active slots. But yeah, there's simply nothing to report on here.

                Blind--Slight town lean. Low volume obviously, but that's not alignment indicative. The posts definitely are relevant but not necessarily useful--#482 is the most interesting. It's not hard to read wolfiness into something that discusses a scum perspective, but there was no obligation to do that, and it does apply currently (theorycraft is limited at this stage given the format).

                TPS--Null. Obviously the post volume has been low, but what's there has been game-relevant and thoughtful, but not necessarily directly challenging. Sound like anyone you know? In any case, #463 definitely points to prior mafia/werewolf experience, and his posts include legitimate observations. I just feel like there should be more actual engagement given the...familiarity of his style. The fact that I'm not town-reading this slot gives me a bad feeling given TPS's tone, but I feel like a lot of that is due to the limited content, and I want to see more here.

                Syhto--Slight wolf lean. And part of me thinks I'm reading them this way just because of that style of play. But more than that, the slot feels forced. I don't mind asking questions, but players who emphasize their newness tend to do so as a crutch, and it's a little alarming. The cutesy suntan nickname thing feels off to me as well; the whole persona feels too much like an effort to blend in with the rather casual-yet-sarcastic group tone these games tend to have. The funny thing is, I'd be inclined to town-read the slot based on the claims of unreadability, because its so needlessly WIFOMish that it invites attention I wouldn't expect a newish wolf to want. But that clashes with the later claims a bit.

                Sun Fan
                --Slight town lean. Gameplay itself is almost generically town-sided, but there's clear investment given the post volume + the actual content and pressure. The thing is, the mix of gameplay, interaction, and offtopic stuff is almost formulaic--Sun manages to talk about both this specific game and TWG in general without always trying to solve it. And the more I go over it, the less substantial it feels. But the tone is almost too assured for a wolf.

                Comment

                • inDheart
                  Picker @ JAX2
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 505

                  #923
                  Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                  holy hell how did i miss so many posts while doing that

                  wc gets an Existence Point for going and looking at the jtwg

                  Comment

                  • Syhto
                    BuMP it
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 2466

                    #924
                    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                    I agree inD
                    Originally posted by ~jrodd
                    keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                    Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                    I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                    Comment

                    • the sun fan
                      FFR Player
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 658

                      #925
                      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                      Alright I'm not lynching syhto after that stream of thought, not today at least

                      We had convinced me she's different enough
                      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                      Comment

                      • Syhto
                        BuMP it
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 2466

                        #926
                        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                        +1
                        Originally posted by ~jrodd
                        keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                        Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                        I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                        Comment

                        • the sun fan
                          FFR Player
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 658

                          #927
                          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                          Wv* has convinced me
                          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                          Comment

                          • Funnygurl555
                            T-Force's Rival
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 1865

                            #928
                            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                            oh god here we go
                            Originally posted by MixMasterLar
                            is funny eaman?
                            Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            GET DUNKED FUNNY
                            (eaman is her name irl, friend)

                            Comment

                            • Syhto
                              BuMP it
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 2466

                              #929
                              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                              I like how you said "I'm not lynching syhto" with such authority TSF
                              Originally posted by ~jrodd
                              keep ur head up or down whatevers most comfortable idk but ya i repsect u cuz u respect others and we all have opinions to share, so respect one another and keep being urself or someone else watever
                              Originally posted by ~Tao of Dossar
                              I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.

                              Comment

                              • the sun fan
                                FFR Player
                                • Mar 2017
                                • 658

                                #930
                                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                                Originally posted by Syhto
                                I like how you said "I'm not lynching syhto" with such authority TSF
                                Well yeah who do u think I am? Xiz??
                                TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

                                FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

                                Comment

                                Working...