TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • inDheart
    Picker @ JAX2
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2011
    • 505

    #2386
    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

    i think it's a theme that when i come back i have no idea what's happening anymore

    i guess i'll look at prec's posts about blind or something

    Comment

    • the sun fan
      FFR Player
      • Mar 2017
      • 658

      #2387
      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

      Originally posted by FreezinIce
      You think I didn't notice you try to pressure tps to claim a role then walk it back once it didn't get traction?

      Want to kill me off and try to control the shot so you autowin?

      Well it's going straight to you buddy.

      sunfan
      Never said a single thing about controlling your shot, never said that one time. I know that trying to control your shot is fruitless.

      I did forget about the hider that is true.

      You cannot vote me without explaining what DBP was doing with his softing.

      Beyond that, your vote smells worse than you think I do, solely because you don't bother to address that.
      TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

      FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

      Comment

      • Xiz
        TWG Chaos
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Feb 2012
        • 3399

        #2388
        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

        Originally posted by Tps222
        I think he's most likely to have guessed DBP as a power role after the way he went after him on Day 1, including leaving his vote on him.
        i feel as though im good at finding softs but I never caught it, no way to prove it i guess. I can't even remember why i voted for dbp at this stage but i know i liked my reason.

        Comment

        • the sun fan
          FFR Player
          • Mar 2017
          • 658

          #2389
          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

          im out to dinner but I'll try and phonepost some
          TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

          Comment

          • Xiz
            TWG Chaos
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2012
            • 3399

            #2390
            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

            Originally posted by Celirra
            Hey ind are you and xiz w/w
            What do you think about so many people wolf reading you two it seems?
            i don't see how im playing poorly but people think so, so its whatever. I feel way more confident about tps/freezin leading over sunfan so if I die then whatever, I think we can still win. (No offense sunfan)

            Comment

            • Xiz
              TWG Chaos
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Feb 2012
              • 3399

              #2391
              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

              Originally posted by blindreper1179
              Speaking of xiz, Yes, all I did say was you're still wrong and went about my business. It may look scummy, but I'm not changing pre's mind, and I'm town read by mostly everyone else. I'm pretty safe when it comes to lynching, I'm not scared. So, why bother? I stated pre was a wolf way before the whole debacle between him and I.
              is this a bait? this has got to be a bait dont pull a MML please.

              Comment

              • FreezinIce
                FFR Player
                • May 2005
                • 265

                #2392
                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                Originally posted by the sun fan
                Never said a single thing about controlling your shot, never said that one time. I know that trying to control your shot is fruitless.

                I did forget about the hider that is true.

                You cannot vote me without explaining what DBP was doing with his softing.

                Beyond that, your vote smells worse than you think I do, solely because you don't bother to address that.
                I don't really know what dbp was doing, if he checked you or not. Your case for him softing you clear is just that: a case. It's not like he hid it in mystery ink and spelled it out.

                Saying a stong term like "freezin never dies for the rest of the game," them a few pages later floating out a suggestion that I die? It makes your progression look unnatural

                I will concede I was thinking about blinds post and it made me think you suggested controlling my shot, on reflection I don't think that's true.
                ========

                To let the world be.

                ========

                Originally posted by Charu
                Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                Originally posted by mellon_collie
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                Originally posted by roundbox
                AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                Originally posted by Afrobean
                Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                Originally posted by Red
                My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                Originally posted by TWG Ike
                SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                Comment

                • blindreper1179
                  Vice President Of TGB
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 5902

                  #2393
                  Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                  Originally posted by Xiz
                  is this a bait? this has got to be a bait dont pull a MML please.
                  I am the master baiter.....:chingrabemoji:
                  Originally posted by thesunfan
                  absolutely I want to vomit on your face irl
                  Originally posted by choof
                  It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
                  Originally posted by choof
                  whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
                  Originally posted by Celirra
                  I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now

                  Comment

                  • FreezinIce
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 265

                    #2394
                    Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                    That gives me an idea.

                    Dbp mentioned white album

                    Maybe dbp hid a soft in white text or something

                    I call not it for looking for it though cause I'm phone posting and iso on phone is worse than pulling teeth
                    ========

                    To let the world be.

                    ========

                    Originally posted by Charu
                    Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                    Originally posted by mellon_collie
                    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                    Originally posted by roundbox
                    AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                    Originally posted by Afrobean
                    Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                    Originally posted by Red
                    My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                    Originally posted by TWG Ike
                    SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                    Comment

                    • FreezinIce
                      FFR Player
                      • May 2005
                      • 265

                      #2395
                      Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                      Sunfan explain the middle paragraph of my last big post and I'll unvote.
                      ========

                      To let the world be.

                      ========

                      Originally posted by Charu
                      Wow, all most of my town reads vanished. Thanks Freez for stirring the pot, motherfucker!!!


                      Originally posted by mellon_collie
                      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
                      Originally posted by roundbox
                      AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET


                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
                      Originally posted by Red
                      My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
                      Originally posted by TWG Ike
                      SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

                      Comment

                      • Celirra
                        FFR Player
                        • Apr 2015
                        • 749

                        #2396
                        Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                        Originally posted by Xiz
                        i don't see how im playing poorly but people think so, so its whatever. I feel way more confident about tps/freezin leading over sunfan so if I die then whatever, I think we can still win. (No offense sunfan)
                        This is either really towny or slightly scummy but because xiz is probably a better wolf than that it's probably towny of xiz to say this
                        ,,
                         ,_, -ー'"{
                         ゛ヌ ノノノノハヾ
                         ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
                        彡と} 猫.{つ

                        Comment

                        • Xiz
                          TWG Chaos
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 3399

                          #2397
                          Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                          also the fact that nobody commented on how funny and blind have literally 3 posts between each other the entire game which none are really reads or conversation is mind blowing

                          Comment

                          • Tps222
                            FFR Player
                            • Nov 2004
                            • 6169

                            #2398
                            Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                            Originally posted by the sun fan
                            are you a vengeful TPS? If you are then Freezin cannot be.
                            its probably as much as you need to say about what role you are.
                            I'm equally disappointed and suspicious of you thinking I wouldn't call out a false claim.

                            Comment

                            • Precarious
                              Unacceptable
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 208

                              #2399
                              Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                              So, I obviously think Blind is a wolf. I believe that makes Funny one too.

                              My points re: Blind still stand, if anyone would actually bother to read the long posts I wrote. The case against Funny stems from that; they've tied themselves together a little too neatly.

                              Funny basically played a contentless, meaningless game for a while, then suddenly started playing seriously in D2, which led several people, myself included, to town read her. The problem is, content isn't a perfect predictor of alignment; the implications and quality of that content need to be checked.

                              Probably the most problematic post for Funny is 1884, which acts as a long-winded but problematic defense of Blind. What's sinister is that a lot of her assertions sound reasonable without doing a deep dive into Blind.

                              She dismissed the Gradiant pool suggestion as NAI, then desribed this post

                              Originally posted by blindreper1179
                              Im agreeing with you on dbp. Although his push towards gradiant had a good theory, i think he put too much into it.
                              Fg just says she's wolf, ok bye no matter what. And everything she's said is blah.
                              InD and yourself know what and when to say it, so i'd have to iso you guys for a more confident answer. But right now i'd go wolf, but i don't necessarily see you guys on the same team. Killing one gives the other imo.
                              As organic. But there's nothing remotely natural about it—it deliberately writes toward a foreordained conclusion. In order to promote the Gradiant pool strategy, Blind absurdly wolfread everyone in it. Blind's reason for pushing DBP was...he put too much into a good theory? If you think it's a good theory, how can you fault someone for pursuing it on the first day, when information is most limited? Funny does her typical thing, and that's enough for a wolfread? InD and Sun are experienced, so at least one of them has to be a wolf? These reads are weak individually, but they're completely unsustainable as a collection. Their only purpose is to promote his strategy, which came across as particularly self-serving when his vote wasn't on any of those players at the time.

                              Two other posts within 1884 cite Blind as having made unique, useful points—but those points provide no context, or any specific indicators of why they're being made.


                              **************************************
                              **************************************


                              But let's be honest, a lot of this could be me overprojecting from my Blind read. Even though it was surprisingly in depth for a player Funny herself cited as not super active, Funny made several other reads, mostly town interpretations. She did wolf-read Xiz, which isn't problematic; however...

                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              Are people... townreading Xiz? 'Cause I'm not.

                              Is this OMGUS? Maybe, for what he said at EOD. But I don't know if Xiz actually believes his reads. They don't seem firm, and it doesn't look like he's trying to nail anyone. It looks like he knows the direction that town is going ahead of time as well. He's saying some textbook wolf things like "I don't like the direction that town is going in," and "I don't have any wolf reads." I see possible associations with Xiz and Cel and Xiz and Ind. He brings them both up quite a bit; however, Ind is still null and Cel has been lightly pressured at most. Also, I wonder why he read Freezin as town. That's just me not having an opinion of him yet.
                              Emphasis on “Also, I wonder why he read Freezin as town. That's just me not having an opinion of him yet.”

                              You see, six minutes later, and the very next post in the thread, Funny said:

                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              oh ok freezin's like radiating town to me. im too lazy rn tho y'all it's been a wild ride of effort on my front for the past... hour

                              ima try to get myself back to the promise land of DEE SIX now
                              Again, this was made almost immediately after the previous post, with no further content in that time. It seems very unlikely that Funny could have done a meaninful dive into Freezin, a player by her own words she had no opinion of. Suddenly, despite Xiz's townread of Freezin meriting a talking point in her Xiz post, enough so that it came off as a criticism, Freezin is “radiating town” to her.

                              Now, even that has a caveat: the “oh ok” suggests a reevaluation of Freezin—so let's let that slide for a minute, and instead dig deeper into her case on Xiz.

                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              The blind part seems like an easy thing to say. Slightly scummy IMO. Ind part, NAI.
                              One of the things she immediately latches onto is a Xiz criticism of Blind. And imo it's a valid (if minor) criticism—complaining about reading in this game seems out of place after the incredible thread length of the Fire Emblem game. I don't think that's a major point honestly, even as Blind's harshest critic, but it also strikes me as a particularly flimsy counterpoint to be making against Xiz. Partiularly when she NAI reads the next part of that section, which to me appears far wolfier. There, Xiz outright suggested that inD was lying about reading the thread—and then just dismissed that accusation with “I'm sure he'll read it later.” That's NAI, but an observable criticism is wolfy? And she also ignores the original context, which was Gradiant taking issue with Xiz's apparent unbalanced handling of a similar issue? Neither of those seem to register to her, only a slight, mostly forgotten criticism of Blind. To me, this is again overly attentive to Blind's in-thread wellbeing.


                              **************************************
                              **************************************


                              After all this, Funny's burst of game-related cools for a little while before things heat up again. Talking with me, these posts happen

                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              i got nothing else to add here

                              precarious drilling into blind like this looks town. i mean i disagree w/ it because blind's pretty townie to me, but still.
                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              so let's think from the perspective that you're wolf

                              if you're drilling this hard, then blind's probably town

                              you're expending a lot of effort creating a case on someone who from multiple people's opinions has been pretty town. that's hard

                              also what happens if blind does die and flips?
                              Originally posted by Funnygurl555
                              i see townie pov. i don't have a firm enough grasp on blind's playstyle to make a meta argument here.
                              There seems to be an inordinate amount of effort paid to building a case for Blind, rather than against someone else. She won't even speak to a meta read on Blind--it's just that his game is generically towny apparently.

                              Comment

                              • Xiz
                                TWG Chaos
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 3399

                                #2400
                                Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

                                okay, prec is in the same headspace as me about blind/funny but for different reasons, which I really like, esp the funny read on the freezin progression.

                                also, sunfan you not reading prec's post is completely on you bud. You can disagree but please, please don't just disregard when you are so meta-strong.

                                Comment

                                Working...