TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tokzic
    FFR Player
    • May 2005
    • 6878

    #706
    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

    Originally posted by Afrobean
    It's my personal opinion that a wolf who is about to go down transparently as a wolf, that a fake roleclaim is always the best course of action. Best case scenario, they skate through and single-handedly win the game for the wolves. Worst case scenario, they get lynched like they were going to anyway and probably get the town to lynch the seer at the same time.
    That is a good point.

    I will not deny that it is impossible for Manti to be a wolf.

    But the chances of that are so small. Like if you multiply the 1/13 chance that Fojar is the seer with the probability that it even occurred to Manti to fakeclaim... I can't help but look at this situation mathematically, the chances are so slim that it's true. We've talked about pragmatism a lot in this game - pragmatically, the best thing to do is assume the most likely scenario is the truth and use our focus on who else is a wolf. Realistically, the wolves will kill him if the roleblocker dies if he's telling the truth.

    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

    Comment

    • Xiz
      TWG Chaos
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Feb 2012
      • 3399

      #707
      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

      Theerrreessss the Afro I know.

      Comment

      • thesunfan
        Role Tide
        Sectional Moderator
        • May 2011
        • 10859

        #708
        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

        Afro, its good to have you back. I've missed you. I'm still fairly confident in your wolfiness, but less so now. The posts did feel like they were via phone; I had a feeling that it might explain the shorter posts. I don't think your wolf game is anywhere near as good as Manti's though, you're a pretty bad wolf. (Like I have room to talk, I know). Anyways, I'm not as sure about you now.
        Originally posted by Vendetta21
        Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
        Originally posted by XelNya
        I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
        Originally posted by star-crossed
        (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

        Comment

        • Xiz
          TWG Chaos
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Feb 2012
          • 3399

          #709
          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

          james for the rest of the night. I'll be on tomorrow

          Comment

          • thesunfan
            Role Tide
            Sectional Moderator
            • May 2011
            • 10859

            #710
            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

            Why I wanna be Xiz when I Grow Up

            On the first night, posts like This One are an early indicator of how aggressive he would be throughout the game. Again, part of the gimmick, and that's part of why it made him an easy target. I guess it might be worthy of note that he was the last person to mention/talk to FoJar? asdf Not necessarily wolfy, but I guess it is worthy of note.

            He got a bit of flack for This Post, but I would give him a human lean for it, because he's done this before, and I agree that posting too much regarding reads Day One is usually Trouble Brewing. Human points for that post.

            This post is where Afro went after him early (I know his stance has since changed regarding this, but I gave Xiz human points for being attacked by a wolfier read of mine). He similarly gets human points for going after funny early, another wolfish-lean I've been having.

            He also gets 10,000 human points for being the first to point This out to everyone.

            Again, letting people know that posting too much info day one is a bad idea, as well as seeing if more people would vote for him This

            I will state, I do feel like he was misguided during his berating of T-Force though. T-Force was a pretty big human lean of mine, and I really don't get why he went after him. Wolf points there, but I would have to know his reasoning a bit better to fully understand. His post regarding the lack of info Day One was also pretty nice, gave YMIA some human points imo for his reaction.

            Possibly Not Tunneling In on T-Force entirely. Open to opinions and other options, and on a wolfy read of mine as well.

            10 Trillion Human Points Pretty big mind-meld with me at that point, lynch on Manti was being led by some pretty big wolf leans of his and mine, not hopping onto a lynch that is very easy for him to, whilst playing off his aggression. Like you mentioned Tokzic, this is a pretty human post, and its certainly the most human he's been all game. To me, at least, it speaks volumes. His posts directly after this one give me a similar vibe.

            A very justified vote on someone who just tossed out a really weak vote on a super-bandwagon on Day One.

            I like this post except for the fact that Funny is somehow cleared? I don't really understand that, but I did have YMIA as a pretty solid human at that point.

            I swear, Xiz can read my mind. Its the only goddamn way to explain this mindmeld.

            He delivered on this, and with some pretty nice justification.

            His interaction with AJ as this shit was going down in the wake of Manti's claim gives me some good vibes as well, as well as not adding to the shitfest that V, Manti and Tokzic had going on.

            Justification on why YMIA is green, sound logic. Don't see why a wolf would risk setting this up.

            His dancing around towards the end of the phase makes me feel like he's human as well. He was hurrahing around, trying to get a good lynch, I feel. He also waited to vote V, letting as much get out as he could, and didn't feel as good about the lynch. He looked for other options, and I lean towards V being a human over being a wolf as he insta'd himself. Idk though, I can't tell all that well with V.

            Wolf points for this though. I don't see the point, and there was still a pretty serious tone in the thread at the time. Its pretty weak, though, nothing that big. His post after this one, same thing.

            A bit of backpacking off of Manti's thoughts, but a pretty rah-rah post, here. Wolf points for going along with Manti like a sheep here.

            Good Point

            Baited and Outsmarted* yeah that joke is bad, deal with it*

            His reads were literally so goddamn close to mine, I just said, hey, "this is what I would change from Xiz's list, and then you have mine." I don't think even HE is that good at being himself, and having the same brainwaves that I do. His post regarding Manti's claim was a prop I left out to see who would say anything about it. So far, only he, mellon, and now, Afro, have touched on this. Still really unlikely that Manti is a wolf, though.

            Let's not forget, our seer Has him as a pretty big green lean. Ofc, no player is perfect, but I think its a good sign more than a bad one that Manti is of the same opinion that I am.

            'Nother good point.
            .............l.........

            Finally, the mindmeld with the James lynch.







            tl;dr I think Xiz might be human. I feel pretty good about it.
            Originally posted by Vendetta21
            Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
            Originally posted by XelNya
            I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
            Originally posted by star-crossed
            (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

            Comment

            • Afrobean
              Admiral in the Red Army
              • Dec 2003
              • 13262

              #711
              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

              Originally posted by thesunfan
              I don't think your wolf game is anywhere near as good as Manti's though, you're a pretty bad wolf. (Like I have room to talk, I know). Anyways, I'm not as sure about you now.
              No, you misunderstand. Manti is an awful wolf, and I was saying that my wolf game is just as bad.

              Anyway, I can get behind a vote on James.

              and dude i dont think that huge post was necessary at all

              It's legitimately kind of unnerving to see that you put so much effort into that.

              Comment

              • thesunfan
                Role Tide
                Sectional Moderator
                • May 2011
                • 10859

                #712
                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                another minor point, considering I've read every game on this site, including one's where you were a wolf of course, I'd say I know your wolf game, Afro. You were one of the most interesting players when I was writing up the histories for the games, and I can read you pretty damn well. I was wrong about you twice, in all of your games. The one where you zoned in on devonin, and another random one where it was your first wolf game have been the only ones where I've been wrong, so I feel confident in my ability to read your wolf game. That's why I was so sure about you.
                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                Originally posted by XelNya
                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                Originally posted by star-crossed
                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                Comment

                • thesunfan
                  Role Tide
                  Sectional Moderator
                  • May 2011
                  • 10859

                  #713
                  Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                  Originally posted by Afrobean
                  No, you misunderstand. Manti is an awful wolf, and I was saying that my wolf game is just as bad.

                  Anyway, I can get behind a vote on James.

                  and dude i dont think that huge post was necessary at all

                  It's legitimately kind of unnerving to see that you put so much effort into that.
                  Tokzic wanted me to go through Xiz's posts. I went through Xiz's posts. I feel kinda silly being criticized for making a big post when its been your claim to fame for a while now. Mainly, I really wanted to go through all of Xiz's posts because
                  1) I wanted to reread the thread.
                  2) I was a bit worried that he might be playing me really goddamn hard. I just don't see how its possible given we've been on the same wavelength (as usual) this whole game, including when I wasn't even in the game.
                  3) Its good for me to do this, I usually do it at least once every game, and I enjoy picking a player's posts apart. Helps me grasp the interactions between different players better, as I really suck at that normally.

                  And fair point about Manti's wolf game.

                  Who else do you find suspicious atm?
                  Originally posted by Vendetta21
                  Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                  Originally posted by XelNya
                  I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                  Originally posted by star-crossed
                  (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                  Comment

                  • Tokzic
                    FFR Player
                    • May 2005
                    • 6878

                    #714
                    Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                    sunfan

                    to be completely honest

                    the only thing your post did is make me review xiz's post history again and become even more confident that he's a wolf

                    Look at this backpedaling everywhere. Twice now he's done things that look sketchy and when it's pointed out they're sketchy he claims that they were elaborate intentional plans. Like "OH UH THE REAL REASON FOR ACTING SUSPICIOUS WAS TO SEE WHO WOULD CALL ME OUT!" Give me a fucking break dude.

                    This is not a "very justified vote" whatsoever - he is literally commanding us to vote for someone based on his word alone. Justified?

                    Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                    Comment

                    • Xiz
                      TWG Chaos
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 3399

                      #715
                      Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                      Originally posted by Afrobean
                      Anyway, I can get behind a vote on James.
                      This concerns me.
                      Fuck. H'okay bed time I'll think about this tomorrow morning.

                      Comment

                      • Xiz
                        TWG Chaos
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 3399

                        #716
                        Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                        Btw tokzic I'm ignoring you because I really feel bad for you.... Like it doesn't even deserve a 'told you so' but more of a 'sorry'

                        Comment

                        • Tokzic
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 6878

                          #717
                          Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                          Originally posted by Tokzic
                          OH UH THE REAL REASON FOR ACTING SUSPICIOUS WAS TO SEE WHO WOULD CALL ME OUT!
                          Oh man and let's not forget "HAH BECAUSE OF MY BRILLIANT PLAN WE CAN DEDUCE YMIA IS GREEN HUZZAH"

                          ??????????????????????????????????????

                          Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                          Comment

                          • Xiz
                            TWG Chaos
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Feb 2012
                            • 3399

                            #718
                            Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                            Good night

                            Comment

                            • thesunfan
                              Role Tide
                              Sectional Moderator
                              • May 2011
                              • 10859

                              #719
                              Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                              I mean I felt it was justified in that Halogen was exactly the person I was looking to when Manti claimed, that is a bit misleading, I apologize. To clarify further, I mean that I feel like it was justified even though it has been pointed out that some people (I think YMIA/funny mentioned it?) didn't feel like it was

                              W/e, fuck it, if you think he's wolfier after I did that, I clearly did a shitty job, and I figured you'd be pretty stubborn regarding this. Last thing I'll say about this matter is look back at CIII. You were wrong about him. He was practically cleared in most people's minds, but you pushed to lynch him, no one stood up to you because you were a confirmed blue, and we lynched a human that most people felt bad about lynching. I feel like this situation is pretty similar, both in regards to your Xiz & mellon reads. That's really the last I'm gonna say about Xiz to you, I think.

                              In other news, I've devised a way that I think Afro can prove his humanity almost for certain for me. I'd like you to look at the first 10 posts I made when I joined, and tell me which ones you dislike the most and why. I feel like I can judge your role once and for all from this response. I also wonder why you didn't say that you couldn't make a bigger post while you were at work.

                              Anyways, I'm going to bed now. I likely won't be around @2PM tomorrow unless Lit gets out early, which I'm not counting on. Just a heads up.
                              Originally posted by Vendetta21
                              Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                              Originally posted by XelNya
                              I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                              Originally posted by star-crossed
                              (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                              Comment

                              • thesunfan
                                Role Tide
                                Sectional Moderator
                                • May 2011
                                • 10859

                                #720
                                Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

                                goddamnit, we even go to bed at the same time hahahahaha. I swear Xiz...

                                later guys.
                                Originally posted by Vendetta21
                                Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
                                Originally posted by XelNya
                                I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
                                Originally posted by star-crossed
                                (Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)

                                Comment

                                Working...