Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omeganitros
    auauauau
    • Jun 2003
    • 8897

    #106
    Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

    Lmao I fell asleep

    Comment

    • Omeganitros
      auauauau
      • Jun 2003
      • 8897

      #107
      Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

      I guess for my action I'll...wake up in the morning?

      Comment

      • drizzleRomanceGirl
        It's okay to be yourself.
        • Oct 2012
        • 2963

        #108
        Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

        Originally posted by Omeganitros
        I guess for my action I'll...wake up in the morning?
        No, I wrote that you fell asleep because it's an unspoken presumption that all characters sleep every day before traveling the following day. Sleeping does not count as an actual event in the game, along with eating and going to the restroom. Please disregard the fact that you fell asleep.

        There may be sleeping powder or other forms of powers which lull you to sleep during the daytime or for extended periods of time in the future, however.
        Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 04-28-2014, 11:51 AM.
        hi

        my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

        Division 5 2nd place

        Originally posted by hosua
        Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
        Originally posted by rushyrulz
        Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
        Originally posted by aperson
        can y'all take a break and kiss
        (the first section of this chapter)

        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

        Comment

        • DarkManticoreX2
          TWG Overlord
          • Apr 2005
          • 7355

          #109
          Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

          I hold up the algae and follow the fish slowly, looking carefully to the left and the right for anything of interest (more plants, other passageways).

          If there are other passageways, I follow and investigate a few of them for anything of interest, but always return to the main corridor when done to follow the fish
          Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 04-28-2014, 12:37 PM.
          AAA's = 800

          Originally posted by V
          Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

          Comment

          • MracY
            FFR Veteran
            • Oct 2007
            • 284

            #110
            Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

            Originally posted by drizzleRomanceGirl
            MracY voices to the caretaker in a beautiful white, silky robe that he is hungry and that he would like some food.
            Try to write sentences non-ambiguously, unless it's on purpose.
            Although I don't mind wearing a beautiful, white, silky robe.

            Originally posted by drizzleRomanceGirl
            No, I wrote that you fell asleep because it's an unspoken presumption that all characters sleep every day before traveling the following day. Sleeping does not count as an actual event in the game, along with eating and going to the restroom. Please disregard the fact that you fell asleep.
            Does time flow equally between all players?


            You also seem to have not that many people who are playing right now.
            Maybe you can get some more, if you want.

            Comment

            • drizzleRomanceGirl
              It's okay to be yourself.
              • Oct 2012
              • 2963

              #111
              Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

              Originally posted by MracY
              Try to write sentences non-ambiguously, unless it's on purpose.
              Although I don't mind wearing a beautiful, white, silky robe.
              Thank you for the advice. I would try to be more precise in my language, but in my opinion, ambiguous sentences tend to flow more naturally in creative writing. If I reworded the sentence you pointed out, it would read, "MracY voices to the caretaker, who is wearing a beautiful white, silky robe, that he would like some food." If you have any examples of precise language that would sound more natural in the English language, then please show me. As of now, though, I will make sure to only write ambiguously when the possibility is expected. In addition, you may always ask about ambiguous phrases when you're unsure what I mean to convey.

              Originally posted by MracY
              Does time flow equally between all players?
              Yes, each update counts as one day for every player.

              Originally posted by MracY
              You also seem to have not that many people who are playing right now.
              Maybe you can get some more, if you want.
              I would love to have more players; anyone is allowed to join at any time.
              Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 04-28-2014, 01:04 PM.
              hi

              my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

              Division 5 2nd place

              Originally posted by hosua
              Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
              Originally posted by rushyrulz
              Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
              Originally posted by aperson
              can y'all take a break and kiss
              (the first section of this chapter)

              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

              Comment

              • Guest15937
                One-handed elite
                • May 2008
                • 1464

                #112
                Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

                I stick with the rabbit for a little longer, but if it looks like it's not going to do anything else of importance for some time, I turn around and go back towards the head.
                The renegade has betrayed me.

                Comment

                • gold stinger
                  Signature Extraordinare~~
                  Event Staff
                  Game Manager
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  Global Moderator
                  • Jan 2007
                  • 6429

                  #113
                  Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

                  Originally posted by MracY
                  You're tracing quite the groove here, but what's your intended purpose for this trail?
                  Do you intend to explore east again at some point?
                  Or is it just to make sure you don't lose your orientation?
                  Not just for in the case of losing orientation, but in the case that someone would wish to follow, or not follow.
                  Originally posted by YoshL
                  butts.


                  - Tosh 2014






                  Comment

                  • MracY
                    FFR Veteran
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 284

                    #114
                    Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

                    Originally posted by drizzleRomanceGirl
                    I would try to be more precise in my language, but in my opinion, ambiguous sentences tend to flow more naturally in creative writing. If I reworded the sentence you pointed out, it would read, "MracY voices to the caretaker, who is wearing a beautiful white, silky robe, that he would like some food."
                    I think the textbook solution is this, although also not particularly elegant.
                    MracY voices to the caretaker in her beautiful white, silky robe that he is hungry and that he would like some food.
                    It is also possible to rewrite the sentence without ambiguity by making it longer, by adding some mannerisms.

                    At this stage, you can mention her robe by having her do something involving it,
                    although I think it's usually better to mention the general outline of how something looks when something is either introduced, or by creating a situation in which it is relevant to describe it.

                    Comment

                    • Omeganitros
                      auauauau
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 8897

                      #115
                      Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

                      Originally posted by drizzleRomanceGirl
                      No, I wrote that you fell asleep because it's an unspoken presumption that all characters sleep every day before traveling the following day. Sleeping does not count as an actual event in the game, along with eating and going to the restroom. Please disregard the fact that you fell asleep.

                      There may be sleeping powder or other forms of powers which lull you to sleep during the daytime or for extended periods of time in the future, however.
                      Oh, okay. Should I plan actions as if the situation is the same when I wake up, or should I wait for an update? For example, I could picture you saying next turn "you wake up surrounded by people curiously looking at you!" and I wouldn't want to queue any actions not taking the new situation into account.

                      Comment

                      • DarkManticoreX2
                        TWG Overlord
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 7355

                        #116
                        Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

                        I don't think you're close enough yet omega. I reccommend Just wake up and keep on walking
                        AAA's = 800

                        Originally posted by V
                        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                        Comment

                        • drizzleRomanceGirl
                          It's okay to be yourself.
                          • Oct 2012
                          • 2963

                          #117
                          Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

                          Originally posted by Omeganitros
                          Oh, okay. Should I plan actions as if the situation is the same when I wake up, or should I wait for an update? For example, I could picture you saying next turn "you wake up surrounded by people curiously looking at you!" and I wouldn't want to queue any actions not taking the new situation into account.
                          The situation is exactly the same everytime you wake up unless a sleeping potion or another related item is used on you. When I post the latest update, that update is the current state of affairs until the next update.
                          hi

                          my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

                          Division 5 2nd place

                          Originally posted by hosua
                          Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
                          Originally posted by rushyrulz
                          Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
                          Originally posted by aperson
                          can y'all take a break and kiss
                          (the first section of this chapter)

                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

                          Comment

                          • Omeganitros
                            auauauau
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 8897

                            #118
                            Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

                            Ok cool then when I wake up I keep going towards the sound

                            Comment

                            • DarkManticoreX2
                              TWG Overlord
                              • Apr 2005
                              • 7355

                              #119
                              Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

                              Update tonight please?
                              AAA's = 800

                              Originally posted by V
                              Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                              Comment

                              • drizzleRomanceGirl
                                It's okay to be yourself.
                                • Oct 2012
                                • 2963

                                #120
                                Re: Rumor of the Gemstones: Exploration Edition

                                I'm planning on updating this thread in the next hour or so, but I can't update your actions yet, gold stinger. You posted that you would like to retrace your steps via moonwalking, but you also posted that you would like to travel westward, (which is away from your original location) and meet with Omega to ask if he would like to travel with you, which are three separate actions. Will you please clarify which direction you would like to travel?
                                Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 04-30-2014, 12:19 AM.
                                hi

                                my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

                                Division 5 2nd place

                                Originally posted by hosua
                                Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
                                Originally posted by rushyrulz
                                Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
                                Originally posted by aperson
                                can y'all take a break and kiss
                                (the first section of this chapter)

                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

                                Comment

                                Working...