Intro is dense and fast as fuq, easy to drop PA
keeps the "panic" flow going, changing tempo and you can never assume you have control over this chart
midpoint roughly is where the trill section lies which speed up and slows down, easy drop in PA
ending is moderate nerves to close out
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for looking forward to files I might be able to play down the line but some variety in difficulty would be nice.
This is what we have available to us, there wasn't even enough left in regular queue for the event. I pulled some from the OT batch and moved them over just so we could have FFRmas this year.
My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
Originally posted by DaBackpack
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off
Originally posted by hi19hi19
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Intro is dense and fast as fuq, easy to drop PA
keeps the "panic" flow going, changing tempo and you can never assume you have control over this chart
midpoint roughly is where the trill section lies which speed up and slows down, easy drop in PA
ending is moderate nerves to close out
79 + scarhand is probably best rating here
(This comment is not directed at you Zenith, but rather all of the difficulty consultants)
LMFAO I may not be an official difficulty consultant but anyone could tell you this day 6 song does not deserve the same rating as Azul (Remix)
Played the day 6 song with cold hands, and as a sightread, came close to a SDG...played Azul immediately after (which i was already very familiar with the file) and got 75+ goods....something's not right with that picture.
If people refuse to increase Azul to at least an 80 (which it should be) then this day 6 song should be 75-77. I would bet anything that a week or so from now you will see much better scores on this day 6 song from the same people (D6 or lower) than you will on Azul.
You guys can analyze and compare these songs to other files all day long and come up with a rating but at the end of the day, what a lot people score on it will ALWAYS be the best indicator of the appropriate rating for a song.
(This comment is not directed at you Zenith, but rather all of the difficulty consultants)
LMFAO I may not be an official difficulty consultant but anyone could tell you this day 6 song does not deserve the same rating as Azul (Remix)
Played the day 6 song with cold hands, and as a sightread, came close to a SDG...played Azul immediately after (which i was already very familiar with the file) and got 75+ goods....something's not right with that picture.
If people refuse to increase Azul to at least an 80 (which it should be) then this day 6 song should be 75-77. I would bet anything that a week or so from now you will see much better scores on this day 6 song from the same people (D6 or lower) than you will on Azul.
You guys can analyze and compare these songs to other files all day long and come up with a rating but at the end of the day, what a lot people score on it will ALWAYS be the best indicator of the appropriate rating for a song.
I'll speak in terms of difficulty consultants on their behalf since it's a logical point that would probably be made:
Azul and Waltz are two entirely different skillsets
Waltz is more technical and has multiple sections that are easier to drop PA on
Azul is more consistent and has two parts that are easy to drop PA on
Never forget the AAA-based ratings, Azul is like Serious Shit where you have it or don't (in terms of high D5) and Waltz is like Cirno where you practice the technical parts and then fight to AAA the sections that you weren't practicing.
I'd naturally make the assumption that you'll see more AAAs on Azul than Waltz given a time period, and they both can easily be 79 because different skillsets even when comparing the two that Azul is more consistently dense than Waltz.
what a lot people score on it will ALWAYS be the best indicator of the appropriate rating for a song.
i suggest you take some classes in applied statistics/statistical modeling and familiarize yourself with the foundational concepts of indirect estimation so you can realize on a conceptual level how stupid this argument is
in other news aaa based ratings still causing more problems than they solve since 2003
in other news aaa based ratings still causing more problems than they solve since 2003
I wonder if single digit good based ratings are a better indicator of difficulty, which seem to account for some of the more infamous difficulty spikes of FFR's charts.
eDIT: This reminds me, why are we still counting FC's instead of SDG's in profile stat bars.
SDG ratings wouldn't be bad but AAA isn't at all the worst method either; we try to place ratings on a AAA-to-Division scale (maybe not the main DCs but imo it's what I do) and seeing how the two 79 charts this event have all had AAAs from D6-D7 players.
Closest AAA to Azul is: hitlerisright (questionable) and sweet2kill210 and they aren't SDGs
Closest AAA to Waltz is: sweet2kill210 @ 11-2-0-3
AAA ratings thus far have proven to be really accurate in these cases but older files would potentially be better with SDG-to-division ratings but that's a whole 'nother topic
Last edited by _Zenith_; 12-19-2015, 10:09 AM.
Reason: wrong word
I'll speak in terms of difficulty consultants on their behalf since it's a logical point that would probably be made:
Azul and Waltz are two entirely different skillsets
Waltz is more technical and has multiple sections that are easier to drop PA on
Azul is more consistent and has two parts that are easy to drop PA on
Never forget the AAA-based ratings, Azul is like Serious Shit where you have it or don't (in terms of high D5) and Waltz is like Cirno where you practice the technical parts and then fight to AAA the sections that you weren't practicing.
I'd naturally make the assumption that you'll see more AAAs on Azul than Waltz given a time period, and they both can easily be 79 because different skillsets even when comparing the two that Azul is more consistently dense than Waltz.
I appreciate the response. I guess my problem i still have with the ratings is this:
you made a great point in identifying both files have 2 parts where it's easy to drop PA and both are different skill sets. I couldn't agree with you more! However I feel as if the skill sets required in Azul are more demanding, justifying a higher rating.
The 2 parts in Waltz are early on and the last 3rd of waltz is a cake walk.
The 2 parts in Azul are literally right at the end and are very stamina draining.
Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
i suggest you take some classes in applied statistics/statistical modeling and familiarize yourself with the foundational concepts of indirect estimation so you can realize on a conceptual level how stupid this argument is
in other news aaa based ratings still causing more problems than they solve since 2003
I actually have taken applied statistics and did very well in the class thank you very much.
you don't need to take a class to look at hard, factual data, to say "hmmmm this song is harder than that one" and make an educated guess on what the rating should be.
the songs may have different skill sets but if on one song 10 people AAA it and on the other 40 people AAA it, common sense tells me that one skill set is much easier to acquire than the other, therefore justifying a lower rating. sometimes common sense is better than trying to sound like some mathematical genius that's over analyzing the shit out of something that doesn't need to be this complicated.
i have tons of easy files but you guys rejected them because they didnt fit your definition of a fun file.
Don't lump me in that comment.
I didn't read in depth all the difficulty discussion going on, personally I don't rate things based on AAA difficulty because that means a file that's easy with one hard pattern can be jumped up significantly. With raw scoring being the standard now I think that going by AAA difficulty is not the best measure as well.
I generally have differing opinions on the files difficulty than what is put, but it's not easy to just rate a file when no one's played it yet either. The consultants do the best they can and if things have to be adjusted they'll be adjusted.
Originally posted by Charu
My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
Originally posted by DaBackpack
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off
Originally posted by hi19hi19
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Comment