FFRmas Day 12

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ssbmchamp
    Can't improve at this game.
    • Oct 2006
    • 1128

    #61
    Re: FFRmas Day 5

    Am I the only one who thinks Azul (Remix) should be bumped up to at least an 80? quite honestly i could see it at an 81 that song plays much harder than any other 79

    Comment

    • gameboy42690
      =/
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Aug 2005
      • 685

      #62
      Re: FFRmas Day 5

      I really don't see Azul being an 80 or especially an 81. It's not harder than Love & Justice. If anything I actually see Azul as being easier than Ascension to Heaven which is also a 79.

      Comment

      • ssbmchamp
        Can't improve at this game.
        • Oct 2006
        • 1128

        #63
        Re: FFRmas Day 5

        Originally posted by gameboy42690
        I really don't see Azul being an 80 or especially an 81. It's not harder than Love & Justice. If anything I actually see Azul as being easier than Ascension to Heaven which is also a 79.
        maybe it's just me.

        I know it's not the proper way to "rate" a song but the amount of goods i get on Azul (Remix) isn't even remotely close to all my other 79's 80's or even 81's for that matter. And i'm currently at my peak skill at this game so it's not like all my other scores were from awhile ago when i might have been better and now i suck. That alone tells me that song does not belong as a 79 but it's not up to me in the end

        Comment

        • TC_Halogen
          Rhythm game specialist.
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2008
          • 19376

          #64
          Re: FFRmas Day 5

          Originally posted by ssbmchamp
          maybe it's just me.

          I know it's not the proper way to "rate" a song but the amount of goods i get on Azul (Remix) isn't even remotely close to all my other 79's 80's or even 81's for that matter. And i'm currently at my peak skill at this game so it's not like all my other scores were from awhile ago when i might have been better and now i suck. That alone tells me that song does not belong as a 79 but it's not up to me in the end
          help

          Comment

          • _Zenith_
            Accuracy Player
            • Mar 2011
            • 4629

            #65
            Re: FFRmas Day 5

            Personally, Azul is 78 for a few reasons.

            1) first half of song is basically broken JS but the first 300 notes doesn't contain anything worthy to be dubbed "jumpstream"
            2) shorter duration jumpstream after halfway mark that is difficulty by terms of alternating hand maneuvers
            3) the burst jumpjack sections are undeniably harder than the entire jumpstream to AAA
            4) overall it does not reward Scarhand from an AAA imo

            With above I'm talking about the ever-increasing scale of skill specifically in the D5-D6 range. JS is becoming overwhelmingly plentiful in multiple rhythm games (even though fiffer only has a solid 20 worthy JS charts) and players are predominantly well at a type of stream patterning within those divisions.

            78 is imo perfect because it is certainly not 77 and it should not reward scarhand from AAA





            Comment

            • TC_Halogen
              Rhythm game specialist.
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Feb 2008
              • 19376

              #66
              Re: FFRmas Day 5

              Originally posted by _Zenith_
              Personally, Azul is 78 for a few reasons.

              1) first half of song is basically broken JS but the first 300 notes doesn't contain anything worthy to be dubbed "jumpstream"
              2) shorter duration jumpstream after halfway mark that is difficulty by terms of alternating hand maneuvers
              3) the burst jumpjack sections are undeniably harder than the entire jumpstream to AAA
              4) overall it does not reward Scarhand from an AAA imo

              With above I'm talking about the ever-increasing scale of skill specifically in the D5-D6 range. JS is becoming overwhelmingly plentiful in multiple rhythm games (even though fiffer only has a solid 20 worthy JS charts) and players are predominantly well at a type of stream patterning within those divisions.

              78 is imo perfect because it is certainly not 77 and it should not reward scarhand from AAA
              much better post, thank you for that.

              when I played it today, I was completely indifferent for where it should go, which is rare given that this song sits on the border for two tokens -- if it were to be a scarhand get, i'd certainly find a few songs a bit less technical to achieve it on than this; on the flip side, I could certainly think of some more technical non-scarhand gets that could rival this as well

              both 78 and 79 feel like acceptable difficulty ratings to me

              Comment

              • AOD_ELEMENT
                FFR Player
                • Jan 2007
                • 1672

                #67
                Re: FFRmas Day 5

                very nice files so far, cant wait to see whats coming

                Comment

                • One Winged Angel
                  Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 10837

                  #68
                  Re: FFRmas Day 5

                  it's a pity scarhand file early merry christmas to mid-high D5

                  omg AOD posted hi AOD
                  Last edited by One Winged Angel; 12-18-2015, 04:22 PM.


                  Originally posted by ilikexd
                  i want to be cucked by cirno

                  Comment

                  • Mourningfall
                    ⇐⇓⇑⇒
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 1627

                    #69
                    Re: FFRmas Day 5

                    subjectivemania
                    too easy for 80s js, too technical for 78s js ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                    still a fun file, would play again

                    Comment

                    • _Zenith_
                      Accuracy Player
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4629

                      #70
                      Re: FFRmas Day 5

                      okay so I played it instead of analyzing the chart itself via level ranks

                      the ending is pure anti-PA bait
                      above is p worthy of scarhand now

                      enjoy replay of AAA on minestorm





                      Comment

                      • MinaciousGrace
                        FFR Player
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 4278

                        #71
                        Re: FFRmas Day 5

                        aaa based ratings aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

                        ps. how come nobody is doing that stupid thing where they put santa hats on their avatar this year

                        Comment

                        • MinaciousGrace
                          FFR Player
                          • Dec 2007
                          • 4278

                          #72
                          Re: FFRmas Day 5

                          im going to do it ironically

                          Comment

                          • psychoangel691
                            Retired Staff
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Dec 2004
                            • 10438

                            #73
                            Re: FFRmas Day 6

                            Day 6 is up, halfway through already.
                            Originally posted by Charu
                            My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                            Originally posted by DaBackpack
                            also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                            Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                            Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                            Originally posted by hi19hi19
                            yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                            Comment

                            • Mourningfall
                              ⇐⇓⇑⇒
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 1627

                              #74
                              Re: FFRmas Day 6

                              Damn these picks just keep getting better and better
                              beautiful file guys, absolutely brilliant =w=

                              Last edited by Mourningfall; 12-19-2015, 07:13 AM. Reason: forgot the replay

                              Comment

                              • TheRapingDragon
                                A car crash mind
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 9788

                                #75
                                Re: FFRmas Day 6

                                Don't get me wrong, I'm all for looking forward to files I might be able to play down the line but some variety in difficulty would be nice.

                                Comment

                                Working...