Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Choofers
    FFR Player
    FFR Music Producer
    • Dec 2008
    • 6205

    #31
    Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

    keep them public, make them count towards neither level ranks

    Comment

    • noname219
      FFR Wiki Admin
      • May 2007
      • 1694

      #32
      Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

      I didn't really read the thread (don't really have time atm), but what about making count the token levelranks in public level ranks but only for the songs the player has unlocked ?? *

      * except dumps like vrofl and party 4u obv

      Comment

      • Artic_counter
        FFR Veteran
        • Jan 2007
        • 1002

        #33
        Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

        I didn't exactly read any of the posts except OP, but here's what I think:

        The only kind of people to whom their ranks matter are the kind of people that would gladly whore a file until they reach AAA. I know, I was that way when I used to play. To me, if you can find it in yourself to AAA a difficulty 12 file, you can sure as hell find the time to AAA a legacy file. I mean, you took the time to AAA every single file of every single difficulty no? If you have that kind of motivation, there shouldn't be any problem regarding legacy files.

        For everyone else, the goddamn ranking doesn't matter so there isn't any problem in letting it this way.

        After all, it's a fucking game.

        Enjoy it.
        Last edited by Artic_counter; 08-2-2013, 09:35 PM.


        Comment

        • psychoangel691
          Retired Staff
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Dec 2004
          • 10438

          #34
          Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

          Hate how you worded the poll could confuse some but anyway.

          I've always been against removing them and always will be. I really don't think it's fair to take that away from those who did work for it. On top of that there are tons of non legacy older files that aren't up to today's standards so if legacy is going to be removed/moved w/e then all these other files should be as well.

          Really I just hate how much talk there has been lately of removing files from public ranks because they are a part of FFR's history. How about rather than removing files from public ranks just basically start a new FFR game. I mean think about how many different DDR versions there are. So If people are concerned about how the quality of files from then to now start an FFR new gen level ranks or something for all the new stuff coming out.

          Also to the revival suggestion made that was already suggested the last time someone was trying to get legacy removed.
          Originally posted by Charu
          My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
          Originally posted by DaBackpack
          also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
          Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
          Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

          Originally posted by hi19hi19
          yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

          Comment

          • TC_Halogen
            Rhythm game specialist.
            FFR Simfile Author
            FFR Music Producer
            • Feb 2008
            • 19376

            #35
            Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

            You know, Rebirth had an idea about separating FFR's engines on a year-to-year basis; perhaps you could code multiple level ranks and segregate the engine based off of what was released within a given year (or given time period, if referring to legacy files?).

            That would interesting, haha. Put all of the old 2002-2005 files that are either legacy or possess the potential to have miscolored files in one engine, put the files from 2006-preFFRdowntime in another, and then files from the uptime until now in another one.

            Hey, just contributing to the conversation - don't mind my babbling

            EDIT: hey, this would also make the leaderboard rankings a bit interesting too -- go into the depths of old garbage?

            Comment

            • psychoangel691
              Retired Staff
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Dec 2004
              • 10438

              #36
              Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

              Having it broken down like that I'd be way more supportive of. I don't like this only legacy should go type deal.
              Originally posted by Charu
              My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
              Originally posted by DaBackpack
              also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
              Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
              Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

              Comment

              • Xiz
                TWG Chaos
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2012
                • 3399

                #37
                Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?





                (but really though... I support AJ's comment)

                Comment

                • TC_Halogen
                  Rhythm game specialist.
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  FFR Music Producer
                  • Feb 2008
                  • 19376

                  #38
                  Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

                  Wasn't really my comment, lol -- it was just me adding onto the fact that Kayla's idea isn't exactly unmentioned.

                  Comment

                  • psychoangel691
                    Retired Staff
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 10438

                    #39
                    Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

                    One more think I wanted to add, another reason I hate when songs are moved/removed etc. is that there are a lot of players that never touch the community so they end up with no say in this. I mean how many people appeared that never posted before because they were looking for FFLBF and they didn't have it anymore because it was moved to secret? We saw a lot of that when some files were moved to different things.
                    Originally posted by Charu
                    My dick is good, thank you very much. It gets love and attention no matter what <3 <3 <3
                    Originally posted by DaBackpack
                    also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
                    Originally posted by Shadow_God_10
                    Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

                    Originally posted by hi19hi19
                    yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

                    Comment

                    • ~Zeta~
                      Flag Master
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 2156

                      #40
                      Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

                      O. I voted no by mistake cuz tired. Yes, I would like Legacy to not count towards public ranks. Should have left the "no" out of the question. Messes with people's minds.


                      I would rather enjoy Legacy Level Ranks, though.

                      When was the converter perfect or near perfect with sync'd conversions and accurate steps? [around file type creation/publication] Else, just snip the entire legacy genre unless we're keeping the somewhat legitimate files with a sync fix or something.

                      Comment

                      • Doug31
                        Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2004
                        • 6811

                        #41
                        Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

                        I don't care that much where they are but this talk of cutting them from the game worries me. They definitely need to stay in the game.

                        Comment

                        • Zaevod
                          FFR Player
                          • Apr 2013
                          • 385

                          #42
                          Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

                          Originally posted by andy-o24
                          Legacy engine is reviewed and considered obsolete and then deleted.
                          NOOO

                          I can only play well on legacy :/
                          I'm too used to the interface.
                          https://soundcloud.com/zaevod/the-glimpse

                          Comment

                          • One Winged Angel
                            Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 10837

                            #43
                            Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

                            I can say with a pretty high degree of certainty that they're definitely not being cut from the game, and I don't think they'll be added to token levelranks as seeing there aren't any intentions of making each and every Legacy file token unlockable. A Legacy level rank doesn't sound like a horrible idea, but I'd be extremely against not having scores on these files reflected in some sort of levelrank list, whether that be in the public ranks or their own separate ranks.


                            Originally posted by ilikexd
                            i want to be cucked by cirno

                            Comment

                            • noname219
                              FFR Wiki Admin
                              • May 2007
                              • 1694

                              #44
                              Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

                              I finished reading the whole thread and here's what I think how it should be :

                              Put the Legacy and Tokens songs together.

                              Now, we could use three level ranks (why not?) :

                              Public levelranks : All the songs minus legacy, secret, tokens, skill tokens and purchased... and Crowpleaser :P
                              Hidden levelranks : Legacy, secret, tokens, skill tokens, purchased
                              Global levelranks : Everything

                              Public levelranks and global levelranks would have their own rankings.

                              Just tossing the idea.

                              Comment

                              • TheSaxRunner05
                                The Doctor
                                • Apr 2006
                                • 6144

                                #45
                                Re: Should the Legacy genre no longer count towards public ranks?

                                There can be a separate legacy rank that only takes the genre into consideration. I am against removing them from the game, as most people are. The issue here is whether they should be listed in the public ranks or separately.

                                The whole "put them with the tokens" isn't going to fly because They're not tokens. They can have separate ranks though. Just don't assume they're being thrown in the token ranks because they're not in the public ranks.

                                I personally don't feel a compulsion for the legacy ranks to be kept around, but I can see how having them still around somewhere to show the hard work of all the people who have AAA'd them before is a good idea.

                                Also, they'll still count in the TP AAA's, I think that's worth noting.

                                Edit:// Maybe have your Legacy Rank listed on your profile, if it is created?


                                Comment

                                Working...