FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AlexDest
    good hot
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Sep 2007
    • 5309

    #16
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

    D1: Pony song :3. This flowed pretty well megamon, good job on this.

    D2: Getting jacks now I see. Not sure how this will play out, cool file.

    D3: Can't help but feel like this is going to be rough for D3. Pretty much like Flamingo last round with the short handstreams. Pretty fun to play though.

    D4: Glad my file got to be a part of the tourney. Seeing quite a lot of love for it haha.

    D5 (more like bmah5): Rigid jumpstream yet it plays smoothly, although the 24ths are the icing on the cake for bad habits.

    D6: Honestly, I found this file the most fun out of all the other rounds for D6. Albeit the hand jacks in the beginning and 32nd bursts. There's actually one part in the middle-end before the speed-up I could have blocked if I didn't get the AAA. Really good job hi19.

    Comment

    • VisD
      FFR Simfile Author
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jun 2007
      • 1196

      #17
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

      D1 - D4 had really cool files, that js at the end of D2's is going to be rough. I wonder what the cutoff for D3 will be? The bursts aren't that rough except for the weird 32nd one in the middle and the 24th stream thing at the end; it's just a matter of getting everything together in one go.


      Comment

      • wildfireskunk
        Purveyor of tea
        • Sep 2004
        • 1247

        #18
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

        D1 - PONIES. Song doesn't seem too tough, with how D1 has been performing I'd not be surprised if this round spilled over into a tiebreaker for top8 since the rolls are the only difficult thing in the song. Chart was kinda fun too, which is always a bonus

        D2 - Until it got to that jumpsteamy part at the end I thought this was would to be a pretty easy AAA for most of who are left, but that's stopped it. If there are many AAAs I'll be impressed, I think the cutoff will be around the 6 area for this. I'll also be using this song a lot as JS training

        D3 - Hmm, this song is a lot easier than last rounds imo. The coloured notes might make it easy to slip up and get a few goods, but as a whole the chart is muuuuuuch easier than iced innocence. Kinda wish they were the other way round a I feel I might have had a chance with this one! As such I think it's going to be a low cutoff though. Some of the D3 players are CRAZY good for D3, as shown by insanely low round 4 scores

        D4/5/6 - Out of my league
        ITG guru, FFR noob, wants to hug every cat.

        Comment

        • hi19hi19
          lol happy
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Oct 2005
          • 12194

          #19
          Surprising lack of hate for Phi-Dentity, what's wrong FFR? You guys gone soft?

          This chart was adapted from my heavy tournament chart, which was a watered down version of my oni tournament chart, which itself was an easier version of my SM chart that stepped -all- the sounds (which I've never released and don't intend to)
          My idea with the tournament charts was to include a little of everything people are bad at. I tried to make it a little more flowy for FFR but just the way I layered it meant it was going to be a kinda dumpy mess no matter how hard I tried. Dumpy messes can be really fun though, I really like playing this chart even though it's hard as fuc for me to hit haha
          Overall I totally expected this to be hit-or-miss, I'm glad to get some positive comments about it (ty alex)
          At least there's no 350 bpm jumpstream in this version lol

          ---

          This just in:

          Nous is one of the most fun files in FFR.
          Last edited by nois-or-e; 08-5-2012, 05:58 AM.


          Comment

          • SKG_Scintill
            Spun a twirly fruitcake,
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Feb 2009
            • 3877

            #20
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

            ****ing megamon stop stepping pony song or i will rip your head off your spine, ponies are a horrible trend that screech pain and suffering into my brain. God ****ing dammit! Quit it!

            Edit: hi19, you can't make a chart have a little of everything people are bad at if you're systematically putting them in. Look at my SMW on Shrooms file, it has nigh unplayable patterns because they are unnamed patterns.
            Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 08-5-2012, 06:29 AM.





            Originally posted by bluguerilla
            So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
            ___
            . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
            . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
            .

            Comment

            • DossarLX ODI
              Batch Manager
              Game Manager
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2008
              • 15013

              #21
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              Surprising lack of hate for Phi-Dentity, what's wrong FFR? You guys gone soft?

              This chart was adapted from my heavy tournament chart, which was a watered down version of my oni tournament chart, which itself was an easier version of my SM chart that stepped -all- the sounds (which I've never released and don't intend to)
              My idea with the tournament charts was to include a little of everything people are bad at. I tried to make it a little more flowy for FFR but just the way I layered it meant it was going to be a kinda dumpy mess no matter how hard I tried. Dumpy messes can be really fun though, I really like playing this chart even though it's hard as fuc for me to hit haha
              Overall I totally expected this to be hit-or-miss, I'm glad to get some positive comments about it (ty alex)
              At least there's no 350 bpm jumpstream in this version lol
              For me there's just a few parts that are really annoying to AAA (like the 32nd triplet part with a bunch of jumps and minijacks and this one 32nd roll transition part).

              The file is more just irritating like Halogen said, not bad.
              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

              Comment

              • Elite Ninja
                Kawaii Desu
                Event Staff
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Mar 2007
                • 4828

                #22
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                Originally posted by AlexDest
                D2: Getting jacks now I see. Not sure how this will play out, cool file.
                Thanks

                Can't wait to play these new songs. Got things to do before I can though.
                Best AAA = Aballava(?) + Serious Shit (97)
                Best SDG = Fushigi Usagi Milk Tei 8-0-0-3 (101)
                Best Score = do i smile? 3-0-0-3 (100)

                Comment

                • XxMidigamixX
                  FFR Player
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 2040

                  #23
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                  short reviews weeeeeeeee
                  D1 song: refuse to play it 'cuz ponies. (ps megamon: for the love of god, stop stepping ponies & renard)
                  D2 song: cool file, definitely liked this one better than your other tourney files EN.
                  D3 song: oh boy bmah file. awkward? yes. but fun? yes.
                  D4 song: cool file.
                  will play D5's & D6's song later
                  Click to join!





                  Comment

                  • Evascythe
                    evascythe
                    • Mar 2005
                    • 2909

                    #24
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                    Originally posted by XxMidigamixX
                    short reviews weeeeeeeee
                    D1 song: refuse to play it 'cuz ponies. (ps megamon: for the love of god, stop stepping ponies & renard)
                    D2 song: cool file, definitely liked this one better than your other tourney files EN.
                    D3 song: oh boy bmah file. awkward? yes. but fun? yes.
                    D4 song: cool file.
                    will play D5's & D6's song later
                    that's the equivalent of asking middie to stop being an asshole


                    Originally posted by moches
                    I love your avatar and you seem like a chill dude

                    Comment

                    • XxMidigamixX
                      FFR Player
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 2040

                      #25
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                      Originally posted by Evascythe
                      that's the equivalent of asking middie to stop being an asshole
                      I know. But still -_- the song choice was horrible and when I saw it in the preview, the file was SUPER BLOODY HORRIBLE. I really just can't bring myself to enjoy his file knowing how bad the file is (please see Flamingo and RAN, which was butchered to complete ****ing hell)
                      Click to join!





                      Comment

                      • VisD
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Jun 2007
                        • 1196

                        #26
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                        hey I actually really enjoyed this D1 song despite it being about ponies. Made up for Flamingo last round, in fact


                        Comment

                        • megamon88
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          FFR Music Producer
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 2567

                          #27
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                          Originally posted by SKG_Scintill
                          ****ing megamon stop stepping pony song or i will rip your head off your spine, ponies are a horrible trend that screech pain and suffering into my brain. God ****ing dammit! Quit it!
                          Originally posted by XxMidigamixX
                          short reviews weeeeeeeee
                          D1 song: refuse to play it 'cuz ponies. (ps megamon: for the love of god, stop stepping ponies & renard)
                          I hope you guys realize that every time someone says this, I step another pony/renard song

                          Also, I'm offering a bounty for people who submit pony files, so you'll probably see a lot more in the coming batches :3

                          EDIT:

                          Originally posted by XxMidigamixX
                          I know. But still -_- the song choice was horrible and when I saw it in the preview, the file was SUPER BLOODY HORRIBLE. I really just can't bring myself to enjoy his file knowing how bad the file is (please see Flamingo and RAN, which was butchered to complete ****ing hell)
                          At least they got accepted into FFR and didn't bomb 1s and 2s ;o
                          Last edited by megamon88; 08-5-2012, 10:31 AM.

                          Comment

                          • TC_Halogen
                            Rhythm game specialist.
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            FFR Music Producer
                            • Feb 2008
                            • 19376

                            #28
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                            Originally posted by megamon88
                            EDIT:

                            At least they got accepted into FFR and didn't bomb 1s and 2s ;o

                            Comment

                            • SKG_Scintill
                              Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 3877

                              #29
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                              Well megamon, you're one of the reasons I will no longer play FFR

                              Originally posted by megamon88
                              At least they got accepted into FFR and didn't bomb 1s and 2s ;o
                              As Jae told me earlier today, judges can't judge on song choice alone, only if it's foul language or excessive noise. I tend to disagree, ponies DO hurt my ears and cause me to quit the file, facepalm for 3 minutes, hate the stepartist, hate the judges that accepted it, apologise to the judges and hate the judging system instead.
                              Last edited by SKG_Scintill; 08-5-2012, 10:51 AM.





                              Originally posted by bluguerilla
                              So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                              ___
                              . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                              . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                              .

                              Comment

                              • MikeShinoda12345
                                *\(^o^)/*
                                • Oct 2008
                                • 1890

                                #30
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                                since when did they care about foul language? I thought all they did then was slap a "Parental Advisory" warning on the song title that everyone ignores anyways.

                                I dislike the MLP tv show, but the songs aren't bad. It's just personal taste, dammit. Are pony songs really getting you to quit FFR, after all the cheap techno in Legacy and breakcore files the community's subjected its ears to?

                                Comment

                                Working...