FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nen Master
    Banned
    • Jul 2012
    • 85

    #106
    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

    Originally posted by EzExZeRo7497
    Steel for Pappa
    Bodies in the House Next Door

    (gr8 file it's in queue, most colorful file in ffr's history)

    also

    Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
    I detested this argument before, and I still do, but I don't see you with a chart in game.
    Where's Bill [cut]
    Harvest Dance
    Queen of Rose
    Checking You Out

    enjoy

    (ps: u dont c me bashing bmah every chance i get h4h4)
    Last edited by Nen Master; 08-5-2012, 10:50 PM.

    Comment

    • Wayward Vagabond
      Confirmed Heartbreaker
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2012
      • 5866

      #107
      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

      Nous was fun.

      Comment

      • hi19hi19
        lol happy
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Oct 2005
        • 12194

        #108
        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

        ty Megamon for stepping a pony song this round so everyone will direct hate towards you instead of me and bmah

        Originally posted by SKG_Scintill
        Edit: hi19, you can't make a chart have a little of everything people are bad at if you're systematically putting them in. Look at my SMW on Shrooms file, it has nigh unplayable patterns because they are unnamed patterns.
        Lies, my tournament files were scientifically constructed with science to be as difficult as possible.

        SCIENCE! YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH SCIENCE





        EDIT-
        Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
        I detested this argument before, and I still do, but I don't see you with a chart in game.
        hypocrite++;
        Last edited by hi19hi19; 08-5-2012, 11:38 PM.


        Comment

        • dore
          caveman pornstar
          FFR Simfile Author
          FFR Music Producer
          • Feb 2006
          • 6317

          #109
          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

          how to bash the D1 song without mentioning MLP: The song a generic piece of garbage that somebody threw together in 5 minutes (maybe). The file has no redeeming quality that adds anything to the FFR library. (And yes, I include being easyish as not a redeeming quality, because you can make an easy file that expresses something other than a song having 8th notes.)
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IREnpHco9mw

          Comment

          • One Winged Angel
            Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Mar 2007
            • 10837

            #110
            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

            I thoroughly enjoyed every file this round (more so D3-D6 since those are the files I'm more inclined to replay).

            Don't quite get all the hate for Love and Justice. Sure it's a somewhat generic jumpstream file but it's not like it plays badly or anything. FFR needs more 200bpm jumpstream charts anyways. Phi-dentity is not only stepped well, but probably one of my top 10 favorite charts on here. There's a few iwbed sections, yeah, but I love the fact that the song (and, in accordance, the chart) is constantly changing every 15 seconds or so. It's a bitch to score well on but it's mad fun to play.

            Basically, these files are all at least 8/10 in my book. If you hate more than two or three files this round, you're either mad cuz bad, racist towards ponies, have something really sharp stuck up your ass, or any combination of those three.


            Originally posted by ilikexd
            i want to be cucked by cirno

            Comment

            • DossarLX ODI
              Batch Manager
              Game Manager
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Mar 2008
              • 15013

              #111
              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

              Phidentity Crisis is a big step up from the one on my Tournament Engine. It's actually pretty fun, just annoying to AAA.

              If anything I find hi19hi19's files to have more difficult sections throughout the file rather than in certain few parts. Of course there are certain parts that stand out more than others, but it makes a good tournament file. It has a little bit of everything like Rave7 did.
              Originally posted by hi19hi19
              oh boy, it's STIFF, I'll stretch before I sit down at the computer so not I'm not as STIFF next time I step a file

              Comment

              • Nen Master
                Banned
                • Jul 2012
                • 85

                #112
                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                Originally posted by One Winged Angel
                I thoroughly enjoyed every file this round (more so D3-D6 since those are the files I'm more inclined to replay).

                Don't quite get all the hate for Love and Justice. Sure it's a somewhat generic jumpstream file but it's not like it plays badly or anything. FFR needs more 200bpm jumpstream charts anyways. Phi-dentity is not only stepped well, but probably one of my top 10 favorite charts on here. There's a few iwbed sections, yeah, but I love the fact that the song (and, in accordance, the chart) is constantly changing every 15 seconds or so. It's a bitch to score well on but it's mad fun to play.

                Basically, these files are all at least 8/10 in my book. If you hate more than two or three files this round, you're either mad cuz bad, racist towards ponies, have something really sharp stuck up your ass, or any combination of those three.
                all i can say to your amazing post (i actually read it) is..


                sauce on avatar pls

                Comment

                • One Winged Angel
                  Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 10837

                  #113
                  Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                  Wish I knew, was Sig's offline pic instead of the N64 controller a few months back

                  edit: someone should probably move Phi-dentity to Arcade with the other Blitz Lunar chiptunes
                  Last edited by One Winged Angel; 08-6-2012, 12:59 AM.


                  Originally posted by ilikexd
                  i want to be cucked by cirno

                  Comment

                  • iironiic
                    D6 FFR Legacy Player
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 4342

                    #114
                    Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                    Originally posted by Nen Master
                    all i can say to your amazing post (i actually read it) is..


                    sauce on avatar pls
                    Have some duck sauce br0!

                    Comment

                    • Nen Master
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 85

                      #115
                      Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                      Originally posted by iironiic
                      Have some duck sauce br0!
                      danke!!

                      Comment

                      • Xx{Midnight}xX
                        FFR Player
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 8548

                        #116
                        Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                        Originally posted by Nen Master
                        (ps: u dont c me bashing bmah every chance i get h4h4)
                        I don't bash Bmah anymore. I've come to actually respect his way of charting, even if I don't like the chart in question.

                        Also Hi19 your chart's just kinda annoyingly unreasonable to play it's not really "bad" it's just more like a case of Flamingo where "technically correct" doesn't make it "good" which is why I can't take it seriously (in your case.) Just like Freedom Dive is a sound chart technically to me looking at it, but playing it all I can do is mash it.

                        Comment

                        • SKG_Scintill
                          Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 3877

                          #117
                          Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                          mad cuz bad





                          Originally posted by bluguerilla
                          So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                          ___
                          . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                          . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                          .

                          Comment

                          • hi19hi19
                            lol happy
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 12194

                            #118
                            Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                            Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                            Phidentity Crisis is a big step up from the one on my Tournament Engine. It's actually pretty fun, just annoying to AAA.

                            If anything I find hi19hi19's files to have more difficult sections throughout the file rather than in certain few parts. Of course there are certain parts that stand out more than others, but it makes a good tournament file. It has a little bit of everything like Rave7 did.
                            I fully expected people to be annoyed trying to score on Phi-dentity, that's not a problem. There is nothing wrong with having some challenge to a file, as long as you are having fun and enjoying yourself while attempting it.

                            I'm glad to see you think it makes for a good tournament file. In general, I pay way more attention to difficulty curve than most stepartists (I had a long talk with bmah about this once)
                            I try to make sure each section of a file is not only appropriately stepped, but appropriate to the challenge level of the file. You will find most of my files (recent ones, anyway, I was all over the place back in '07 lol) have no one "hard part" so much as many different challenging parts spread throughout the file. I find it a much interesting file to play when you are not auto-piloting through 80% and just doing "that one part", and a more rewarding experience when you do manage to score well.


                            Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                            Also Hi19 your chart's just kinda annoyingly unreasonable to play it's not really "bad" it's just more like a case of Flamingo where "technically correct" doesn't make it "good" which is why I can't take it seriously (in your case.) Just like Freedom Dive is a sound chart technically to me looking at it, but playing it all I can do is mash it.
                            So basically you're saying, since you can't read it, it has to be a bad chart? I'm sorry but that is quite clearly an perfect example of mad cuz bad

                            If I can't read/keep up with a chart, I don't bother giving my opinion... you should learn to do the same.


                            Comment

                            • Nen Master
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 85

                              #119
                              Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                              Originally posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
                              I don't bash Bmah anymore. I've come to actually respect his way of charting, even if I don't like the chart in question.

                              Also Hi19 your chart's just kinda annoyingly unreasonable to play it's not really "bad" it's just more like a case of Flamingo where "technically correct" doesn't make it "good" which is why I can't take it seriously (in your case.) Just like Freedom Dive is a sound chart technically to me looking at it, but playing it all I can do is mash it.
                              if u cant play freedom dive without mashing
                              you're doing it wrong

                              Comment

                              • Zakvvv666
                                I catch fruit
                                FFR Simfile Author
                                • Jun 2009
                                • 2861

                                #120
                                Re: FFR 7th Official Tournament Songs Discussion: Round 5

                                I mash when I play freedom dive

                                oops



                                Originally posted by reuben_tate
                                I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

                                Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.


                                Comment

                                Working...