Old 10-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
Team Blaze
FFR Player

Default Team Blaze Secret Santa

Team Blaze
Secret Santa Winter 2012

~Hosted by Benguin & Middie~
Backstory:
Hey! Ben here. As of recent, I've been trying to come up with some ideas for events that would get the whole team together and involved. With the holiday season fast approaching, I figured we could do something holiday themed that would that would allow us to enjoy the holiday season just a little bit more and to spread that holiday joy around Anyways, the idea for doing this event for the team came from Kana (magicturbo) so remember to give her a big thanks.

Requirements to participate:
-You must be a Team Blaze member
-You must be a willing to create/buy a gift and be able to send it to the person you are assigned to (read on if you are confused.) You must be able to find a way to ship the item to said person, whether that be by mail, email (if you are going to send something digital, like a profile for example or a well-drawn piece of art), or by any other means you can think of sending the item (if you are not sure, pm me and middie.)
-You must be willing to have your address known by a minimum of 3 people: Me, Middie, and the person who is giving your gift. Don't worry, we will not expose your address for the whole team or the whole site to see.

How to sign up:
Send me or Middie a pm with the following information:
-Your address
-Your preferred email address

How does secret santa work?
This is the general concept of secret santa (or at least how I've known it to be). Each participant is going to receive a gift from somebody, however they won't know who their gift is from. Also each participant will be assigned (randomly) to give a gift to a person but the person receiving your gift won't know it's from you. In other words, everyone gets and gives a gift and nobody knows who their gift is from (although you're free to speculate when you receive it! )

Who is organizing this event?
Me and Middie. Middie won't be doing division placements, so nothing to worry about there people. And since the gifter->giftee relationships will be decided randomly via random # generator, you don't even have to worry Middie making any type of bad judgement.

Why two organizers?
With one organizer, if the organizer were to participate, he/she will already know who his/her gift is from. We've set up a system (whose schematics is somewhat complicated so I won't get into it) with two organizers so that way both organizers won't know who their gift is from.

Is there a price limit?
Yes, we are going to impose a $30 price limit (as in $30 before calculating the cost of shipping.) This is to avoid having people buying each other $500 gifts and to be making other people feel bad about the amount that they spent on the gift they bought.

How is this going to work exactly?
-Starting from the creation of this thread till the end of the signup period (October 31st at 11:59 pm server time), we will be processing signups. Please
-When the signup period ends, Me and Middie will be using a random # generator to be figuring out who each person is going to be sending a gift to.
-After we are done with that, we will PM each participant the name of the person who they have to get a gift for, and the address of that person.
-You will have till that point on until Christmas Day (December 25th) to get/make and send a gift to that person.
-If you are mailing: Please research how long it's going to ship your item to your person's address so that way you can ship it ahead of time to ensure it arrives there before Christmas day. Also, please wrap/package your present in such a way, so that it is obvious this gift is from someone participating in Team Blaze Secret Santa (you can literally write in big bold letters "TEAM BLAZE SECRET SANTA" on the box)
-If you are emailing: Put something like "TB Secret Santa Gift [DON'T OPEN UNTIL XMAS!]" in the subject title. Also, don't send it from an email address that makes it obvious who you are (for example, I wouldn't send the email from my arrowsmashingpenguin@gmail.com account).
-When you receive your gift from your secret santa, please wait until Christmas Day to open it! On Christmas, we can all open our presents and enjoy our special Christmas Day together! Then, feel free to post pics of your Secret Santa present and to speculate who your gift is from!

What if I want to also personally send gifts to specific participants in addition to sending a gift to my assigned person?
-PM me the name(s) of the people who'd you also like to send gifts to. We will send you their addresses when the sign-up period ends if those people are still participating.

"I signed up but I've decided I don't want to participate anymore! What do I do?!"
You are free to drop out before the signup period ends (October 31st @ 11:59pm server time). If you'd like to drop out, just send me or Middie a PM and we'll remove you from the participants list. After the sign-up period ends, you will be held morally responsible to get your assigned person a gift. Not doing so, will result in some consequences (read below)

What if I'm signed up and I don't send my assigned person a gift?
-You will not be allowed to participate in future Secret Santa events in the future years.
-You will be banned from the team for a month
-Some people might lose some respect for you

What if I don't want people to know my address but I still want to participate?
You can consider using a relative's or friend's address and have your relative/friend ship/send it to you. If you are still uncomfortable with giving a physical address, you can just sign up with an email address but then you can only expect some type of gift via email.

Will this OP look prettier later?
You bet.

Any other questions?
PM me or Middie.
Participants:
Total: 4

Xx{Midnight}xX
reuben_tate
Hateandhatred
Zekramcross

Last edited by Team Blaze; 10-14-2012 at 04:36 AM..
Team Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 AM   #2
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Team Blaze Secret Santa

Reminds me of the game thread I made (snail mail game)

Therefore count me in!!!

EDIT: you guys shouldn't restrict this to team blaze members tho.

Last edited by Hateandhatred; 10-14-2012 at 04:14 AM..
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
-If there is anything you'd like your gifter to know about you as a person so that way he/she would be more able to get you a gift that suits you, let us know. Feel free to write a short bio or send a link of your blog or whatever, and we'll send that your gifter that information.
While this is nice, I wouldn't even go this far because the gifter might have a harder time fulfilling even a semi-specific request. He/she would, at the very least, feel more pressured and obligated to find something that fits the bill. IMO, it should be entirely "anything goes" (that's appropriate).
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:22 AM   #4
Tristana
Banned

send me Dragon nest gold pls i need to prep for lv 50 cap
Tristana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #5
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
Reminds me of the game thread I made (snail mail game)

Therefore count me in!!!

EDIT: you guys shouldn't restrict this to team blaze members tho.
Thanks for joining! I'm making this a team event for a few reasons. First to bring the members of the team together and also because doing it with the entire site might be a bit hectic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
While this is nice, I wouldn't even go this far because the gifter might have a harder time fulfilling even a semi-specific request. He/she would, at the very least, feel more pressured and obligated to find something that fits the bill. IMO, it should be entirely "anything goes" (that's appropriate).
I see what you mean. When I typed that part of the OP, I was thinking that there are some people on FFR who we don't really know really well outside the realm of FFR so I figured those people can share a little bit about themselves if they wanted to. I see your point though so I'll change the OP. People could always edit their "about me" on their profile to give people a glimpse of themselves and their irl lives.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob

Send a message via Skype™ to popsicle_3000

I'll get in on this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
one way to stream them all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Title: Popsicle Three

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.
popsicle_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

In I guess. Though I might actually do a raffle on christmas on both here and ThirdStyle in late November/early December~

XxMidigamixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

You know, I'm somewhat curious how much interest the general FFR community has in doing this

Because I mean I'm open to the idea of making this a completely public thing if Ben's alright with that, just the concern (from me at least) is the privacy here. Some people are more or less open to the idea of someone they may not know having their address. I'm a user who for sure won't give out the address of anyone without asking the person first, but I mean that's a lot of trust to place on someone like myself, who you might not feel you know enough ect.

But like I said, I'm open to the idea of doing it for all of FFR assuming it doesn't break any forum rules and people are comfortable enough.

Bring on the chaos if you asked me.

Also the other issue I guess is similar to the FFR Simfile Secret Santa. People may chose last minute to not do anything and make a few users feel left out ect.

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 10-14-2012 at 09:03 AM..
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob

Quote:
People may chose last minute to not do anything and make a few users feel left out ect.
this could be the problem w/ a site-wide secret santa... Not necessarily against it, but at least w/ TB people, we kinda know everyone, can give people the boot, etc...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
Three thousand of them
Quote:

friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

I do this on another site. It's quite an excitement. It should be site wide. With age regulation(within reason. Like if it's 17+ but your 15 with a job, why not) The only people that get your address should be the host(s) and the person sending you a gift. So it shouldn't be that big of an issue. Having a limit should be the other way around. Some people love to go big. It happens all the time on the other site. BUT, there should be a minimum. (5 USD is the other site)

It has to be nit tight though, if we/you have any feeling that the person won't send anything, they shouldn't be allowed to enter. The consequence for not sending a gift is a sitewide ban there as well, which I feel is very appropriate. Ask who's willing to ship over seas, etc. Things that will be important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
blindreper1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #11
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
I do this on another site. It's quite an excitement. It should be site wide. With age regulation(within reason. Like if it's 17+ but your 15 with a job, why not) The only people that get your address should be the host(s) and the person sending you a gift. So it shouldn't be that big of an issue. Having a limit should be the other way around. Some people love to go big. It happens all the time on the other site. BUT, there should be a minimum. (5 USD is the other site)

It has to be nit tight though, if we/you have any feeling that the person won't send anything, they shouldn't be allowed to enter. The consequence for not sending a gift is a sitewide ban there as well, which I feel is very appropriate. Ask who's willing to ship over seas, etc. Things that will be important.
a mod/admin can put in their 2 cents, but i doubt a site ban would be implemented

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
Three thousand of them
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #12
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

To some a sitewide ban of certain people would be a great gift
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

^lmfao too true. Told Ben I'm in, btw. I'll get the address to you guys soon enough.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #14
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chocobothief12

I would be in this, but as far as addresses go, I have no idea when im going to be moving into my new place. so I dont want to end up giving one address just to end up with another because that would screw things up bad
chocobothief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #15
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

When do you plan on moving, choco? I'm going to be moving sometime around the end of this, so I'm figuring if I end up getting a new address I'll just have to be quick with updating Ben on it
Old 10-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chocobothief12

well I dont know yet. could be next month, or it could be late december. i hound about it every day but its still unknown at this point
chocobothief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
bmah
shots FIRED

is anyone else on this
Old 10-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #18
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

I'm still pondering, haha. Would be awesome to give and be given things. Be a nice feeling for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #19
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I joined, Ben just hasn't added me. Depending on if they get around to it, I'll add myself to the op if need be. Hoping more people become interested in this..
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
bmah
shots FIRED

Participants, come ooooooooon...