Don't reply to strange threads here.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sprite-
    HAVE ME WITH VODKA
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Aug 2005
    • 7317

    #31
    Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

    I've been giving out day bans to everyone who's been posting stuff like "lock", "delete now!", "lol bot", etc. I'm probably going to start giving them out for just any regular post in them. Read the damn announcement..

    Comment

    • Crashfan3
      FFR Player
      • Nov 2006
      • 2937

      #32
      Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

      I've reported at least two so far...

      Danm bots...

      Comment

      • Tokzic
        FFR Player
        • May 2005
        • 6878

        #33
        Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

        Originally posted by Sprite-
        Read the damn announcement..
        there is no announcement anymore

        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

        Comment

        • Sprite-
          HAVE ME WITH VODKA
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Aug 2005
          • 7317

          #34
          Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

          I assumed that Squeek would have kept it there for now. Oh well. My bad.

          Comment

          • s0ulst0n3
            <SPACE FOR RENT>
            • Sep 2006
            • 2076

            #35
            Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

            I find the report button isn't too effective, I usually just message Fish over AIM about any recent bots, lol.
            PM me if you want to rent my custom title. :3
            ~Far too many years of chaos and unrest, far too many voices brutally supressed!~

            Comment

            • championanwar
              Ask Nuro! x3
              FFR Simfile Author
              FFR Music Producer
              • Jun 2004
              • 2588

              #36
              Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

              The report button is blocked in my school

              Originally posted by aperson
              all of 65dos are dumb an noticable because their idea of 7/8 is 4/4 with one beat cut off the end
              aperson: yo shikari if u c thom yorke
              aperson: plz tell him 2 start usin consonants again
              Click Here

              Comment

              • Squeek
                let it snow~
                • Jan 2004
                • 14444

                #37
                Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                Originally posted by Sprite-
                I assumed that Squeek would have kept it there for now. Oh well. My bad.
                I forgot to extend it.

                Thought the problem would be solved in a day.

                Only like 200 people read it anyway.

                Comment

                • Afrombean
                  FFR Player
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 285

                  #38
                  Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                  Doing a little brainstorming here at work. Noticing that these posters are creating accounts, then posting topics.

                  Thus, to make them stop, put a wedge between them and their ability to instantly create topics. Isn't it entirely possible to make topic creation limited by postcount? Make it require a postcount of at least 1 to create a topic. This might be undesirable, I'll admit, but you could always change things back once the problem goes away.

                  It also appears that the accounts are created the same day that the spam is posted from said account. Perhaps a 1 day limit on being able to create topics would do the job.

                  But really guys, sitting back and damage controlling this isn't a good solution. I browse these forums at work, coincidentally at the same time they're spamming.

                  Comment

                  • TheRapingDragon
                    A car crash mind
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 9788

                    #39
                    Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                    Originally posted by Tokzic
                    example: the one in music threads which i reported hours ago and still isn't gone
                    I never thought it would get this bad.

                    I think one problem is that all staff are from American time zones so when they're all sleeping, bots can get away with stuff.

                    Sure just this morning I've reported three threads but I don't expect them to get deleted for a while.

                    Until some sort of block gets in place all I can think to do is just make sure staff are vigilant enough to keep deleting them. That and check reports before coming on FFR to see if anything needs sorted.

                    Comment

                    • who_cares973
                      FFR Player
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 15407

                      #40
                      Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                      as funny as some of the stories are this is getting a little annoying

                      Comment

                      • TheRapingDragon
                        A car crash mind
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 9788

                        #41
                        Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                        Make that 4 reports. Latest one has porn images in it. Shame I don't understand any of it.

                        EDIT: Ya, 6. Earliest one I reported about 4 hours ago.

                        EDIT: 13 reports after I wait out the 60 seconds between each of these. I stand by my point that FFR really needs a staff member around at these times when all the American ones are sleeping.

                        EDIT: Ya, I'm not even bothering to report all these. I'd be looking at 20+ now as they are spamming faster than I can report (once per minute). This is the sort of thing where you need mass-deletions and banning.
                        Last edited by TheRapingDragon; 10-4-2008, 07:02 AM.

                        Comment

                        • Afrobean
                          Admiral in the Red Army
                          • Dec 2003
                          • 13262

                          #42
                          Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                          This is the sort of thing where you need mass-deletions and banning.
                          This brings me again to what I've said before. You guys ARE banning these IPs, right? Logically, if IPs keep getting blocked, eventually they won't have any IP to post from.

                          And yeah, at least one of the mods should be willing to shift their schedule a little or something. It's one thing to be at class when it happens, but I know that there is at least one among you who can do some modding from 5 AM ~ noon EDT.

                          And you fags that are on AIM. Set your **** to show you're idle. I don't want to get on AIM at 5AM to try to tell you about porn being posted, only to find that you're not even there. That is annoying as hell. If you're going to idle all night long, ****ing let us know that you're idle.

                          ps PLEASE consider what I said in the post before. The solution here isn't damage control; the solution is to stop them from even being able to post their ****.

                          Comment

                          • Sprite-
                            HAVE ME WITH VODKA
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 7317

                            #43
                            Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                            Tass is the only one who can IP ban. I'm pretty sure he hasn't been doing it.
                            Anyways, I'm usually up the earliest - from around 7am. I usually have tons of threads to delete. I had over 70 yesterday morning, etc.

                            Comment

                            • NFD
                              FFR Player
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 4715

                              #44
                              Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                              Well last night, I just told Tass about 2 around 2am, and he got them right away.

                              Comment

                              • TheRapingDragon
                                A car crash mind
                                • Aug 2005
                                • 9788

                                #45
                                Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                                Originally posted by Sprite-
                                Anyways, I'm usually up the earliest - from around 7am. I usually have tons of threads to delete. I had over 70 yesterday morning, etc.
                                7am there is what, about 12pm here?

                                I stand by my point that FFR really needs a staff member around at these times when all the American ones are sleeping.
                                Just because people from the UK (myself included) and Europe, and even Australia, would see these before you. Hell for anyone from the UK and Europe there has been spam around the past 5-6 hours or so. You're the first mod I've seen.

                                Comment

                                Working...