Don't reply to strange threads here.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nightfirecat
    ...back from the dead.
    • Nov 2006
    • 3213

    #16
    Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

    Add a box in the registration process that the instructions tell you NOT to put anything in there, but a box like emerald000 suggested underneath it. This way, bots put something in both of them, and it screws them up. Also, maybe put some code in (php perhaps?) to randomize the location of the 2 boxes, so they can't just use a macro program to fill it in.

    EDIT: Oh god... Column is filled, every forum has some sh*t in it >.<

    Calling all mods to power.
    Last edited by Nightfirecat; 10-1-2008, 09:31 AM.


    [My Profile] | [My Music] | [Play FFR] | [My Photobucket] | [My DeviantArt]

    AAAs: 210 (186+7+17)
    Best AAAs: Vertex BETA, Fighting for Control, Nova Pulser
    Recent AAAs: {Firestorm}, Dazzling Destiny, Hellbeat v2p

    2nd place in 3rd Official Tournament
    1st place in Jugglin/Jteh's 1st Tournament

    Comment

    • iceefudgesickle
      FFR Veteran
      • Aug 2008
      • 481

      #17
      Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

      I accidentally replied to a thread that's now been deleted before I read the announcement, sorry!

      This was kind of annoying but it kinda made my day, I'm reading this forum here at school and I was being entertained like hell looking at what all the ads were saying. My fave was the Shakira sex tape thing.

      Comment

      • Sprite-
        HAVE ME WITH VODKA
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Aug 2005
        • 7317

        #18
        Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

        As Squeek said, please don't respond to those threads - it only makes them show up more often on the front page.
        We have turned on email verifications temporarily.

        Comment

        • Tokzic
          FFR Player
          • May 2005
          • 6878

          #19
          Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

          Originally posted by Sprite-
          As Squeek said, please don't respond to those threads - it only makes them show up more often on the front page.
          We have turned on email verifications temporarily.
          why would you repeat what squeek said in the first post of this topic

          Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

          Comment

          • foilman8805
            smoke wheat hail satin
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Sep 2006
            • 5704

            #20
            Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

            For a ****in postcount +1, that's why.

            Comment

            • Sprite-
              HAVE ME WITH VODKA
              FFR Simfile Author
              • Aug 2005
              • 7317

              #21
              Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

              Originally posted by Tokzic
              why would you repeat what squeek said in the first post of this topic
              I stated another reason as to why. Maybe you do, but not everyone knows this. I also posted to say that we turned on email verifications.

              Comment

              • rzr
                TWG Veteran
                • Oct 2007
                • 7608

                #22
                Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                We should get a collection of all of them in one thread and get a laugh out of voting the best one. I don't even click on them, I'd like to see the contents of a few.

                Anyway, I'm down with the "add a simple math problem" idea. Honestly, I don't see why you guys don't do it. You just... What do you do? Turned on email notification, ok. But, that's easy to get around.

                Originally posted by darkshark
                Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                Originally posted by aperson
                i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                Originally posted by Sprite-
                More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                Comment

                • MalReynolds
                  CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
                  • Sep 2003
                  • 6571

                  #23
                  Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                  I mean, I can't do simple math. I can't even read.
                  "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."

                  "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor


                  My new novel:

                  Maledictions: The Offering.

                  Now in Paperback!

                  Comment

                  • rzr
                    TWG Veteran
                    • Oct 2007
                    • 7608

                    #24
                    Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                    I care.

                    Originally posted by darkshark
                    Everyone sucks at this game. The second you think you're good is the second you stop trying to get better.
                    Originally posted by aperson
                    i had a mri the other day it was the best song i heard in years

                    Originally posted by Sprite-
                    More of a joke than the time I deleted all the credits on the site.
                    Originally posted by MinaciousGrace
                    yeah my goldfish think im a riot they do this thing where they turn upside down and float to the top of the tank

                    i guess their alcohol tolerance isnt as high as mine

                    Comment

                    • OrganisM
                      FFR Player
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 2644

                      #25
                      Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                      Well, MySpace is the biggest draw for spam, and they're using captcha to help fix the problem (pretty effectively from my experience), so I'd say if you can fix it, that's the way to go.
                      .

                      Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
                      "If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
                      because the venom gets into the blood stream which
                      spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
                      changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

                      Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."


                      Originally Posted by
                      MrRubix[link]:
                      "Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

                      Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
                      "My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."

                      Comment

                      • Tokzic
                        FFR Player
                        • May 2005
                        • 6878

                        #26
                        Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                        people are you retarded

                        stop posting in these goddamn threads

                        you're not helping them go away

                        Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                        Comment

                        • OrganisM
                          FFR Player
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 2644

                          #27
                          Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                          Who the **** is actually posting in them??
                          .

                          Originally Posted by jewpinthethird[link]:
                          "If you get stung by enough bees you turn into a bee,
                          because the venom gets into the blood stream which
                          spreads bee DNA throughout your entire body...
                          changing your genetic structure into a bee's.

                          Every year roughly 125 people in America are turned into bees this way."


                          Originally Posted by
                          MrRubix[link]:
                          "Do you basically bukkake-paint your walls every time you jack it?"

                          Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz[link]:
                          "My pity-sex depreciates at a rate of 5% annually."

                          Comment

                          • Tokzic
                            FFR Player
                            • May 2005
                            • 6878

                            #28
                            Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                            example: the one in music threads which i reported hours ago and still isn't gone

                            Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what

                            Comment

                            • Temote
                              FFR Player
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 748

                              #29
                              Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                              Originally posted by Tokzic
                              example: the one in music threads which i reported hours ago and still isn't gone
                              If you mean the one by kotor, he was trying to tell some of us in the current TWG about it before he made that thread, so I don't think he's a bot.

                              Comment

                              • funmonkey54
                                The Chill Keeper
                                • Oct 2007
                                • 4127

                                #30
                                Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                                ok. I won't. I will also stop reporting them individually now.

                                Comment

                                Working...