Don't reply to strange threads here.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • lord_carbo
    FFR Player
    • Dec 2004
    • 6222

    #46
    Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

    Well I'm ****ing retarded hi squeek what's up
    last.fm

    Comment

    • lord_carbo
      FFR Player
      • Dec 2004
      • 6222

      #47
      Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

      Originally posted by Sprite-
      Tass is the only one who can IP ban.
      What, we can't trust Squeek, Omega et al?
      last.fm

      Comment

      • travman301
        #swagdog
        • Mar 2004
        • 2641

        #48
        Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

        Some of them aren't even advertising anything anymore.

        Comment

        • foilman8805
          smoke wheat hail satin
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2006
          • 5704

          #49
          Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

          Some of them want to speak to the admin. lol

          Comment

          • tangomango
            FFR Player
            • May 2007
            • 1134

            #50
            Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

            Originally posted by foilman8805
            Some of them want to speak to the admin. lol
            Haha i saw that one.

            I can't believe I didn't catch the one with the link attached to the smiley face -__-''

            Comment

            • Squeek
              let it snow~
              • Jan 2004
              • 14444

              #51
              Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

              Mods can't IP-ban. Only admins can.

              That doesn't matter since every user signs up with a unique IP.

              Really our only answer is a captcha, but the vbulletin update mucked up our captcha so we have to start all over again coding it.

              Also some of you are really dumb. If there's a new thread in Literature that isn't literature, assume it's a bot.

              Looking at you carbo. How did you fall for that? Seriously?

              And in case you didn't get it the first time:

              DO NOT REPLY TO AD BOTS.

              Don't post "this is a bot". Don't post "reported". Don't reply to their post. Ignore the thread. Report it to us via AIM and we'll take care of it. Don't bother using the report function since it takes so damn long to get it sent to us.

              Every time you reply, you make about 100 new links to the thread. Even just clicking on the thread makes a ton of links to the thread. It's annoying. Cut it out.
              Last edited by Squeek; 10-4-2008, 05:20 PM.

              Comment

              • Xx{Midnight}xX
                FFR Player
                • Aug 2007
                • 8548

                #52
                Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                I love ad bots the stupidity never stops amazing me.

                Comment

                • robertsona
                  missa in h-moll
                  FFR Simfile Author
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 4000

                  #53
                  Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                  hey guys i'm not sure where to buy viagra at a good price could you help me

                  Comment

                  • Squeek
                    let it snow~
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 14444

                    #54
                    Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                    Re: æîïû ñèñüêè ñêà÷àòü ïåñíþ âàêõàíàëèÿ àçàðòà ëþáèòå ëèû àíàëüíûé ñåêñ
                    Is this an ad bot?

                    WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK IT IS.

                    STOP REPLYING TO AD BOTS. BANS WILL BE ISSUED IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN.

                    Comment

                    • s0ulst0n3
                      <SPACE FOR RENT>
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 2076

                      #55
                      Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                      Originally posted by Squeek
                      Re: æîïû ñèñüêè ñêà÷àòü ïåñíþ âàêõàíàëèÿ àçàðòà ëþáèòå ëèû àíàëüíûé ñåêñ
                      Is this an ad bot?

                      WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK IT IS.

                      STOP REPLYING TO AD BOTS. BANS WILL BE ISSUED IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN.
                      Maybe you should make a more global announcement for those who are unaware of this whole situation. It would be unreasonable to give out bans to people if they didn't know that they aren't allowed to reply to a spam thread. I think this should be something added to the Announcement thread at the top of the forums.

                      This is my opinion though, don't think I'm flaming or disrespecting your decision. I personally think it is immature to reply to one of those threads. Not only does it bump it to the top of the recent posts, but it also creates more work for the moderators.

                      Once again, this is something that should be emphasized more throughout the whole forum.

                      ~Soul
                      PM me if you want to rent my custom title. :3
                      ~Far too many years of chaos and unrest, far too many voices brutally supressed!~

                      Comment

                      • foilman8805
                        smoke wheat hail satin
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 5704

                        #56
                        Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                        Front page announcement may be necessary, but there already is a global announcement if you hadn't noticed, and if you're a typical forum regular, you should know better anyways.

                        Also, incoming volley of porn sites. Spambots are at it like crazy right now.
                        Last edited by foilman8805; 10-4-2008, 06:30 PM.

                        Comment

                        • s0ulst0n3
                          <SPACE FOR RENT>
                          • Sep 2006
                          • 2076

                          #57
                          Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                          Originally posted by s0ulst0n3
                          Maybe you should make a more global announcement for those who are unaware of this whole situation. It would be unreasonable to give out bans to people if they didn't know that they aren't allowed to reply to a spam thread.
                          Originally posted by foilman8805
                          Front page announcement may be necessary, but there already is a global announcement if you hadn't noticed, and if you're a typical forum regular, you should know better anyways.
                          Just thought I should point out what I said. I was talking about how users; NEW users shouldn't get banned for something that isn't globally announced. If it is globally announced and I have missed it, I apologize. I don't see a global announcement about this situation anywhere though.

                          ~Soul
                          PM me if you want to rent my custom title. :3
                          ~Far too many years of chaos and unrest, far too many voices brutally supressed!~

                          Comment

                          • foilman8805
                            smoke wheat hail satin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2006
                            • 5704

                            #58
                            Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                            There's an announcement at the top of every sub forum here - so, there's one at the top of Chit Chat, TGB, Lit, General Talk, Newbie Forum, etc. There's no way to make an announcement available on the index as far as I know...maybe I speak from ignorance though.

                            Just so you see it, here's the one for General Talk: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?f=14&a=36
                            Last edited by foilman8805; 10-4-2008, 06:37 PM.

                            Comment

                            • Squeek
                              let it snow~
                              • Jan 2004
                              • 14444

                              #59
                              Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.



                              You mean this global announcement?

                              It's right above the list of threads if you click "New Posts" too.

                              Comment

                              • s0ulst0n3
                                <SPACE FOR RENT>
                                • Sep 2006
                                • 2076

                                #60
                                Re: Don't reply to strange threads here.

                                Oops! >.<

                                I made a dumb mistake and I apologize, I haven't seen that before now, hehe.

                                ~Soul
                                PM me if you want to rent my custom title. :3
                                ~Far too many years of chaos and unrest, far too many voices brutally supressed!~

                                Comment

                                Working...