ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • iironiic
    D6 FFR Legacy Player
    FFR Simfile Author
    • Jan 2009
    • 4342

    #106
    Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

    Originally posted by sanzath
    this*999/3(110+1)/1/3

    HOW MUCH THIS?
    111^2*this

    Comment

    • LongGone
      -
      FFR Simfile Author
      • Jul 2008
      • 1679

      #107
      Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

      Originally posted by pmonibuv1
      How can you drop an egg 3 feet without breaking it?
      Reminds me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TtuC3H9cVM
      My Solo Simfiles
      My Solo Simfiles Part 2

      Originally posted by Choofers
      people age at a rate of about 1 year per year

      Comment

      • cry4eternity
        ~ added for cuteness
        FFR Simfile Author
        • Jan 2007
        • 979

        #108
        Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

        The answer to Wilson's "proof" a couple pages back is a division by zero. I don't think anybody actually said it yet.

        Relevant:


        Also, I actually don't think this is obvious at all but I felt like posting it

        Let S be the sum from 1 to n of 2^k
        EDIT: n is actually infinity

        S = 1 + 2 + 4 + 8...
        S = 1(1 + 2 + 4 + 8...)
        S = (2-1)(1 + 2 + 4 + 8...)
        S = (2 + 4 + 8...) - (1 + 2 + 4 + 8...)
        S = -1 + (2-2) + (4-4) + (8-8)...
        S = -1
        Last edited by cry4eternity; 01-18-2012, 11:43 PM.

        I'm retired

        Comment

        • sanzath
          retired from rhythm games
          FFR Simfile Author
          • Sep 2005
          • 322

          #109
          Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

          Originally posted by cry4eternity
          Also, I actually don't think this is obvious at all but I felt like posting it

          Let S be the sum from 1 to n of 2^k

          S = 1 + 2 + 4 + 8...
          S = 1(1 + 2 + 4 + 8...)
          S = (2-1)(1 + 2 + 4 + 8...)
          S = (2 + 4 + 8...) - (1 + 2 + 4 + 8...)
          S = -1 + (2-2) + (4-4) + (8-8)...
          S = -1
          let me fix that for you:
          S = 1 + 2 + 4 + 8...
          S = 1(1 + 2 + 4 + 8...)
          S = (2-1)(1 + 2 + 4 + 8...)
          S = (2 + 4 + 8...+2^(n+1)) - (1 + 2 + 4 + 8...+2^n)
          S = -1 + (2-2) + (4-4) + (8-8)...+2^(n+1)
          S = 2^(n+1)-1

          It only gets weird if n --> ∞, where there is no "last term" that isn't cancelled out.
          Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
          your name should be wolf
          Originally posted by Hakulyte
          I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.

          Comment

          • cry4eternity
            ~ added for cuteness
            FFR Simfile Author
            • Jan 2007
            • 979

            #110
            Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

            Oh derp. I meant to say infinity.

            I'm retired

            Comment

            • Reincarnate
              x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
              • Nov 2010
              • 6332

              #111
              Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

              .999... = 1
              or .999... ~ 1

              Comment

              • SKG_Scintill
                Spun a twirly fruitcake,
                FFR Simfile Author
                • Feb 2009
                • 3877

                #112
                Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

                My favourite to do during a conversation of any sort is this one:

                How many fingers are on one hand?
                How many fingers are on two hands?
                How many fingers are on ten hands?

                It works really well if you show your hand(s) while asking





                Originally posted by bluguerilla
                So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
                ___
                . RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
                . ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
                .

                Comment

                • Reincarnate
                  x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
                  • Nov 2010
                  • 6332

                  #113
                  Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

                  without cheating, name five countries that end in L

                  Comment

                  • sanzath
                    retired from rhythm games
                    FFR Simfile Author
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 322

                    #114
                    Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

                    Originally posted by Reincarnate
                    without cheating, name five countries that end in L
                    This one's tough. I know of -
                    Brazil and Portugal


                    I bet there's only 4 countries like that anyway
                    Originally posted by xXOpkillerXx
                    your name should be wolf
                    Originally posted by Hakulyte
                    I wish I could vote you a 2nd time.

                    Comment

                    • One Winged Angel
                      Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 10837

                      #115
                      Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

                      I'm stuck on four...fucking hell, I'm not going to be able to sleep until I get that fifth

                      If there isn't one, I'm going to be incredibly rattled

                      edit: what I have
                      Brazil, Israel, Nepal, Portugal


                      edit2: Rubix if there isn't a fifth, I'm going to castrate you

                      edit3: yeah I don't care anymore, took me less than two minutes to come up with the first four but can't scrounge up a fifth with an additional twenty minutes, gay
                      Last edited by One Winged Angel; 01-19-2012, 12:25 AM.


                      Originally posted by ilikexd
                      i want to be cucked by cirno

                      Comment

                      • nois-or-e
                        SponCon Aficionado
                        FFR Simfile Author
                        • Mar 2007
                        • 3250

                        #116
                        Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

                        Originally posted by DossarLX ODI
                        Actually, it's a good demonstration of PEMDAS.
                        Interesting. Here in australia in the early 90's we were taught BOMDAS or BODMAS (essentially the same thing)


                        An old one I like is this...


                        A A A A ? A A A A A A

                        What is the missing letter?



                        Edit: Rob, the fifth is Senegal ;D

                        Comment

                        • flipsta_lombax
                          Lombax Connoisseur
                          • May 2006
                          • 2556

                          #117
                          Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

                          Originally posted by nois-or-e
                          An old one I like is this...


                          A A A A ? A A A A A A

                          What is the missing letter?
                          There is no missing letter. (?)

                          This thread is gold!
                          Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                          Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                          Comment

                          • kjwkjw
                            >w<
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 2585

                            #118
                            Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

                            Originally posted by nois-or-e
                            A A A A ? A A A A A A

                            What is the missing letter?
                            Lol, I remember seeing this somewhere, so I'll give other people a chance first x3

                            Here's another easy proof thing:


                            Goodbye and good riddance, military service (February 23, 2015 ~ February 22, 2017)
                            Project Sekai 535

                            Comment

                            • flipsta_lombax
                              Lombax Connoisseur
                              • May 2006
                              • 2556

                              #119
                              Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up



                              Believe it or not, Square A and B are the same color.
                              Best FGO: Time To Eye{3-0-0-0}

                              Best SCORE: Husigi Usagi Milk Tei {16-1-2-8}

                              Comment

                              • Shikari
                                FFR Player
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 2055

                                #120
                                Re: ITT we ask easy riddles/questions that people screw up

                                Originally posted by Reincarnate
                                without cheating, name five countries that end in L
                                Portugal
                                Brazil
                                Nepal
                                Senegal

                                Is there a 5th country?_?

                                Originally posted by gold stinger
                                Shikari for resident profile artist

                                Comment

                                Working...