TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • talisman
    Resident Penguin
    FFR Simfile Author
    • May 2003
    • 4598

    #76
    Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

    lmao at killing someone with a phantom.

    Comment

    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
      FFR Player
      • Sep 2005
      • 1206

      #77
      Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

      Wow I almost replied 'they killed him N1, when he didn't have a phantom' but then I realized I'm retarded.

      yay for waking up


      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

      Comment

      • DarkManticoreX2
        TWG Overlord
        • Apr 2005
        • 7355

        #78
        Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

        So I guess that means the wolves time traveled to night 2 to kill cypher on night 1? Wouldn't that kinda incriminate dbp, as cypher was saying dbp was fishy?

        and Xero was killed last night, yes?
        AAA's = 800

        Originally posted by V
        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

        Comment

        • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
          FFR Player
          • Sep 2005
          • 1206

          #79
          Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

          Originally posted by DarkManticoreX2
          So I guess that means the wolves time traveled to night 2 to kill cypher on night 1? Wouldn't that kinda incriminate dbp, as cypher was saying dbp was fishy?

          and Xero was killed last night, yes?
          Maybe if you quit making it obvious you're trying to get me lynched, and obvious that you killed cypher to get me lynched.


          Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

          Comment

          • DarkManticoreX2
            TWG Overlord
            • Apr 2005
            • 7355

            #80
            Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

            Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
            Maybe if you quit making it obvious you're trying to get me lynched, and obvious that you killed cypher to get me lynched.
            Maybe thats quite impossible because noone even knew you talked to cypher untill day 1 anyway. In which case the kill would have already been sent yes?
            AAA's = 800

            Originally posted by V
            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

            Comment

            • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
              FFR Player
              • Sep 2005
              • 1206

              #81
              Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

              First off, I haven't talked to him a single time this game.

              Second, he said
              Originally posted by CypherToorima
              But anyways, yesterday someone came off as "wolfy" to me but I don't remember who or why. It was just a feeling. I think it was DBP. Now that's just a feeling and I could be completely wrong but I thought I should just share that with everyone.
              Not that we talked, or that it happened on aim.

              Third, it's blatently obvious that the kill for cypher was sent in on N2. Here's there kills:

              N1: Cypher
              N2: X3R0

              Now, since we didn't get the Cypher message until this morning, that means the kill was sent in last night. Where he to be killed on N1, ON N1, it would have been displayed on D1. It's very obvious that the wolves sent in

              N1: X3R0 on N2
              N2: Cypher on N1

              DarkManticoreX2 needs to quit pushing buttons, and actually think about what he's saying. You're trying to run through this like your supposed path is what happened, and incriminate me all the way. Quit it.

              But seriously, if you're a wolf, get off of it. Start paying attention to what you're doing, and quit looking so bad.


              Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

              Comment

              • CypherToorima
                Boss of all bosses
                • Jul 2003
                • 2452

                #82
                Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                In after Cypher's been wolfed.
                I'm a figantic gaggot

                Comment

                • flawofhumanity
                  MMM WATCHA SAY
                  • Apr 2004
                  • 628

                  #83
                  Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                  Okay, so I haven't been terribly active. Anyways, from what I've read, manti seems to be pushing for a lynch against DBP a little too much for comfort. My gut says he either knows something that I don't, or is a wolf.
                  Originally posted by pntballa18
                  flaw cause he's well hung


                  Comment

                  • DarkManticoreX2
                    TWG Overlord
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 7355

                    #84
                    Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                    Originally posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                    Third, it's blatently obvious that the kill for cypher was sent in on N2. Here's there kills:

                    N1: Cypher
                    N2: X3R0

                    Now, since we didn't get the Cypher message until this morning, that means the kill was sent in last night. Where he to be killed on N1, ON N1, it would have been displayed on D1. It's very obvious that the wolves sent in

                    N1: X3R0 on N2
                    N2: Cypher on N1
                    Ok, I'll admit it, I'm totally confused at the moment. Wouldn't the whole X3ro died on night 2 thing mean they sent in the kill for xero last night, and they future killed cypher night 1?

                    Otherwise I've happily made myself look like a retard :<
                    AAA's = 800

                    Originally posted by V
                    Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                    Comment

                    • talisman
                      Resident Penguin
                      FFR Simfile Author
                      • May 2003
                      • 4598

                      #85
                      Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                      what the hell does future killing mean? I think dbp has it right... so either you're playing dumb, don't understand how timetraveling works, or know something about time traveling mechanics that I don't.

                      also, I'm kinda curious about the whole travman thing still. I don't understand the logic there at all, and whenever a new person gets lynched day one I find it kind of suspect.

                      Comment

                      • DarkManticoreX2
                        TWG Overlord
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 7355

                        #86
                        Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                        future killing, like future guarding etc would be on some night you travel to the future to kill/guard/whatever someone instead of in the past / present

                        Originally posted by StoicRoivaS
                        In case it wasn't clear, all time traveling roles are "allowed" to travel to the past, present, or future, but it may not always be beneficial to do so. But for the sake of awarding creativity, it is allowed.
                        AAA's = 800

                        Originally posted by V
                        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                        Comment

                        • talisman
                          Resident Penguin
                          FFR Simfile Author
                          • May 2003
                          • 4598

                          #87
                          Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                          I was under the impression (perhaps the wrong one?) that if you time traveled to a given time and performed an action, the action would occur when you performed it. I don't see how the wolfings could work the way you're saying they have. it's like you're saying the wolves time traveled on night one to night two only to travel back to night one in order to kill someone? and then it doesn't show up until day two? I don't understand that.

                          Comment

                          • DarkManticoreX2
                            TWG Overlord
                            • Apr 2005
                            • 7355

                            #88
                            Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                            I could very well be wrong, (and I think I am), but here we go.

                            Say its night 1 and the wolves Time traveled to night 2 and killed cypher. That wouldn't show up untill after night 2, and it would show up as a night 1 kill, because they performed the action then (?).

                            w/e I'm probably wrong.
                            AAA's = 800

                            Originally posted by V
                            Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                            Comment

                            • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                              FFR Player
                              • Sep 2005
                              • 1206

                              #89
                              Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                              Nice save.


                              Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                              Comment

                              • StoicRoivaS
                                FFR Player
                                • May 2006
                                • 548

                                #90
                                Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                                This is in no way a response to anyone's plan for winning the game for their side, but if anyone is genuinely confused, I'll try to explain.

                                Wolves can TT both forward and backward, as can pretty much ever TT role. Consequently so, they can travel forward and kill someone in the future, as well as travel back and kill someone in the past. As a thread, you guys will see the kill as soon as it makes sense that you "know" the person is dead (don't brain dump yet, I'm about to explain).

                                Normal TWG: Wolves kill player A on Night X, the next day, player A shows up dead because the town finds a body; simple.

                                TT Twg:
                                TT Kill on present night: Same as Normal TWG. Body found next day, end of story.

                                TT from present night to future: Even though the kill came from the "present" night (lets say Night 2), the actual death of the targeted player doesn't happen until the night the wolves traveled to (lets say Night 3). So on N2 a PM is sent saying "we want to kill player A on night 3". Then when night 3 passes and day rolls around, a body is found, regardless of what night the PM was actually sent on.

                                TT from present to past: This is where it gets slightly tricky. Lets say it's night 4, and wolves want to TT kill player A on night 2. Obviously no one knows that player A is going to die when the actual night 2 rolls around, because the decision hasn't been made yet. So when the "first" night 2 comes around, player A is alive and well. Then at some point in the future (night 4) the wolves travel back to night 2 and kill player A. As a town, whenever something in the past changes history, you "remember" the "current" timeline as if it had always been that way. Hence my post said: "Upon waking up for they day you have a bizarre sensation. You now have the memory of Cypher dying on Night 1." So in this example, you would wake up after night 4 and "remember" player A dying on night 2, even though it didn't actually "happen" like that on the "first" night 2. And as previously mentioned, the first time you "know" that player A died on night 2 is after the night in which the PM was sent and the wolves TT'ed back in time (night 4 in this example). So in this example, I, as the host, would inform you that you now "remember" player A dying on night 2, even if as a real-life player, it didn't happen that way.

                                In short, it is true that a very small amount of logic can lead one to the conclusion that:
                                1) Wolves TT'ed into the future from N1 into N2 to kill x3ro
                                2) Wolves TT'ed back in time from N2 into N1 to kill cypher

                                As has been noted, if it had happened the other way, you would have been informed of cypher's death at the start of D1, not now.

                                Again, I don't mean to hinder anyone's strats for winning, but hopefully that clears it up, if anyone was lost to begin with.
                                Last edited by StoicRoivaS; 09-12-2007, 11:54 PM.
                                Like the moon over
                                the day, my genius and brawn are
                                wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
                                -Bowser

                                Comment

                                Working...