TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • travman301
    #swagdog
    • Mar 2004
    • 2641

    #46
    Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

    I don't want it to seem like I'm bandwagoning, but I'm going to vote for Manticore too.

    The reason is simple. I just find it wierd, considering the last game, that he would come out as "plain human" unprovoced to me.

    That is also the same reason Xero started suspecting me.

    I went up to him and questioned him about his role claim, and branded "info fisher" on me, and used that to justify his vote.

    Although, I realize that no one is just going to say, HAI GUIZ I R SEER, or something to the effect of that, there has just been something strange plaguging the way Manticore talked to me.

    I don't think xero means anything, other than being his paranoid self.

    So that locks my primary vote at Manticore

    Secondary votes at Mamimi (I've been told she's inactive as a wolf.)

    And a safety vote on DBP.
    Last edited by travman301; 09-9-2007, 09:49 PM.

    Comment

    • travman301
      #swagdog
      • Mar 2004
      • 2641

      #47
      Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

      ****, didn't mean to edit.

      I just corrected the "n" in Manticore.

      It was maticore. : /

      Comment

      • StoicRoivaS
        FFR Player
        • May 2006
        • 548

        #48
        Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

        Well, I guess deadline can be tomorrow night, though I get the feeling the people who would vote by then have already voted...

        If something is unclear, go ahead and ask me. I've had maybe 3 questions about the game so far. If I'm idle or away, leave me a message. My computer is basically always on, so I'll get it when I get back next. Let's shoot for midnight tomorrow night then.

        Also, I don't see where we're replacing shadow, anyone care to elaborate?
        Like the moon over
        the day, my genius and brawn are
        wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
        -Bowser

        Comment

        • travman301
          #swagdog
          • Mar 2004
          • 2641

          #49
          Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

          posted by shadow: actually im gonna step out because of school and i wont be active enough to play and dont wanna wreck anything because of that

          Comment

          • StoicRoivaS
            FFR Player
            • May 2006
            • 548

            #50
            Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

            Also, for anyone still unclear as to how the time traveling powers work:

            Imagine person A has some power, let's say, they can give high-fives. Person A also (for some reason) has a time machine. Let's say it's night 4 and sometime during the night, let's say at midnight, they can travel to any night (past or future, or stay in the present if they'd like) and use their power. So person A travels back to night 2 (2 nights in the past) and preforms their "power", that is, person A gives person B a high-five. Since person A is using a time machine, the present time stops, and the machine returns to the moment it left in the present when person A's action is done (i.e. midnight night 4). Now let's say giving someone a high-five makes their hair pink. Since person A gave person B a high-five technically on night 2, person B's hair now would have been pink on day 2, night 3, day 3, night 4, and the upcoming day 5. As a town, you all experience "time echos" which are essentially remembered past information that seems to contradict what you previously remember. In this example, before night 4, the town would say person B's hair was a normal color, but after person A traveled in time, they now all remember person B's hair being pink from night 2 and on, contradictory to what they had previously thought.

            Take this process, apply it to actual TWG things, and that's basically what's going on. Hopefully that helps some.
            Like the moon over
            the day, my genius and brawn are
            wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
            -Bowser

            Comment

            • StoicRoivaS
              FFR Player
              • May 2006
              • 548

              #51
              Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

              Rioting is now in for shadow, game on.
              Like the moon over
              the day, my genius and brawn are
              wasted on these fools. ~Haiku
              -Bowser

              Comment

              • x3Mamimi
                FFR Player
                • Oct 2006
                • 513

                #52
                Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                The only person who I've had a conversation with is Travman and, I agree with Xero that he seemed a little antsy. He told me to look to manticore if he died.. didn't give me any reasoning behind it. And IMed me today. I don't know if he's just super duper involved, much moreso than anything else in this game... or what?

                Either way, the best vote I can make for now is Travman.
                jwcgator: mah mee mee
                merlonifan28: fight for my love, mamimi

                Comment

                • travman301
                  #swagdog
                  • Mar 2004
                  • 2641

                  #53
                  Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                  It looks like I'm going to have to tone it down in my future TWG's.

                  My only offense here is really being over zealous. If I get voted out for that then so be it.

                  It looks like I need to learn how to play with this new group of people.

                  Comment

                  • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                    FFR Player
                    • Sep 2005
                    • 1206

                    #54
                    Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                    so hey guys I love how no ones trying to talk to me or anything i love that

                    And I was actually going to defend travman, but his safety on my is so horrible looking, after the talk we had.

                    I'm not too sure about a vote, I'll have to talk to people a little more, though I do plan on making three.

                    It is also very important that we make sure we don't have a close vote, like someone else mentioned. If it's 3 vs 2, and the person with 3 is a wolf, they can off someone who voted for 3 to get a wolf back.

                    I'm very aware that this is completely obvious, but through recent gameplaying (ps wow) I've realizes that the only way to go it so spell it out, right at the start.

                    Therefore, I'm going to be very blunt, and I'm going to elaborate more than you all know I need to.

                    Not too much else right now, it's 7:00AM and I haven't been to sleep >_>

                    ps talk to me on aim you ******s


                    Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                    Comment

                    • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                      FFR Player
                      • Sep 2005
                      • 1206

                      #55
                      Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                      Wow it's really obvious I'm tired if you read that a couple times XD


                      Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                      Comment

                      • DarkManticoreX2
                        TWG Overlord
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 7355

                        #56
                        Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                        Originally posted by travman301
                        The reason is simple. I just find it wierd, considering the last game, that he would come out as "plain human" unprovoced to me.
                        Wow, Trav. You've got that messed up. I never claimed any role when I talked to you.

                        Our first convo went something like this.

                        Trav: Ohi, I'm going to imply I have a special role.
                        Me: WTF, Why would you come out to anyone night one, your just taking a shot in the dark. If you are a blue don't ever come out to a random person night 1.
                        Trav: It's ok I told someone else if I die its your fault.
                        Me: Now there's two people involved?!?!?
                        Trav: I might be bluffing too
                        Me: WTFWTFWTFWTF

                        Throughout that entire convo though I never claimed plain human, Not to mention Trav told me he had a talk with DBP, trying to convince DBP I was a wolf with no proof.

                        Switching my votes around trav first, with DBP as a backup.
                        AAA's = 800

                        Originally posted by V
                        Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

                        Comment

                        • mattc16
                          FFR Player
                          • May 2005
                          • 524

                          #57
                          Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                          Well. I have nothing to go on, like DBP noones talked to me on AIM love you all.

                          I'm gonna go for talisman as a safety with a backup on mamimi


                          Click for great online poker rakeback offers!

                          Comment

                          • talisman
                            Resident Penguin
                            FFR Simfile Author
                            • May 2003
                            • 4598

                            #58
                            Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                            is this backup voting something I missed? Like, is there some way that backup votes could influence the game at any point?

                            Comment

                            • talisman
                              Resident Penguin
                              FFR Simfile Author
                              • May 2003
                              • 4598

                              #59
                              Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                              to answer my own question: oh, it is indeed something I missed.

                              Comment

                              • DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
                                FFR Player
                                • Sep 2005
                                • 1206

                                #60
                                Re: TWG L: Time Travel TWG v2

                                Originally posted by talisman
                                to answer my own question: oh, it is indeed something I missed.
                                If that means you figured it out, great.

                                If not, when someone dies, in the past, their votes are null. Which means lynch recalculates, etc.



                                Here's how the conversation with travman and I went:


                                Mindless crap about me not being on aim and him contacting me via cellphone IM
                                T:Any suggestions for me?
                                D:Yeah, don't tell anyone your role, ever. Not if you seer them, not if you guard them successfully, not if you resurrect them. Ever. Don't do it. I always have people come out to me for no reason, and it always pisses me off, don't do it.
                                T:Any thoughts?
                                D:Well I have thoughts, but I can't even call the suspicions with how soon it is in the game
                                T:Well I thinking there's a chance manticore could be a wolf
                                D:Elaborate
                                T:Let's just leave it at that for now
                                D:Well that just makes you look bad.
                                T:You'll understand later
                                D:Well either you told him your role, in which case you -shouldn't- tell me, or you can tell me what happened.
                                T:I didn't tell him my role
                                D:Then you're just witholding information
                                T:I can explain when I get a better idea of what's going on
                                D:I suppose, but you look horrible right now

                                Etc, etc crap like that.

                                That's not word for word, and he's probably going to say some parts are wrong, but I went to sleep after talking to him, and was infact laying down to go to sleep when he texted me, and got on aim to talk to him (since he was the only person to make the effort so far :<)

                                Now, I could very easily see this as a:

                                "I told manti I was special, but if I tell you and you two are wolves, it'll nullify it"

                                But, he was being very sketchy.

                                I'm not throwing a vote out, just putting everything on the table.


                                Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

                                Comment

                                Working...